Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: Soccer

  1. #1
    Limited Member Mohammedmhg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    22
    Threads
    12
    Reputation
    8
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    3

    Soccer


    Is it permissible to watch soccer

  2. Report bad ads?
  3. #2
    IB Oldtimer azc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,936
    Threads
    147
    Reputation
    12678
    Rep Power
    17
    Likes (Given)
    345
    Likes (Received)
    1057

    Re: Soccer


    For a common Muslim like me it can be watched but for a pious Muslim who is always worried of hereafter and judgement day, it is not allowed as such activities waste the time
    1 | Likes Al Sultan liked this post

  4. #3
    IB Oldtimer anatolian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Turkey
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,061
    Threads
    26
    Reputation
    4195
    Rep Power
    61
    Likes (Given)
    197
    Likes (Received)
    587

    Re: Soccer


    Sport is not just allowed it is encouraged in Islam. However proffesional sport and especially soccer today is a big industry in which counless harams are involved. There is always a maffia connection of famous soccer clubs. Holigans ruining the cities on the match days. Gambling is an important money fund. All such thins make proffesional soccer a dirty thing
    Soccer

    You harvest what you sow.

  5. #4
    IB Oldskool sister herb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    8,313
    Threads
    332
    Reputation
    52507
    Rep Power
    99
    Likes (Given)
    5508
    Likes (Received)
    6353

    Re: Soccer


    Maybe it´s better if you go to play it by yourself, instead than sit and watch how others play. Plus it makes good to yourself to get some exercise.
    1 | Likes Zeal liked this post
    Soccer

    From Occupied Palestine:

    We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.




  6. #5
    Full Member Al Sultan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Heated Arabian desert
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    311
    Threads
    15
    Reputation
    1028
    Rep Power
    5
    Likes (Given)
    939
    Likes (Received)
    131

    Re: Soccer


    IF you have time, watch it, you may benefit from them, I watched many football matches and I learn from them, also, playing football is good too, it's good for your body and you can play football as an exercise too, watching football isn't haram, as long as you are not betting, shouting racial slurs (many people do that) and much more, just watching it is not haram, but if there are prayers then just pray and come back, don't make them distract you.

    So no, it's not haram to watch football

  7. #6
    Full Member Al Sultan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Heated Arabian desert
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    311
    Threads
    15
    Reputation
    1028
    Rep Power
    5
    Likes (Given)
    939
    Likes (Received)
    131

    Re: Soccer


    Also betting is very haram and a lot of people bet on matches..

  8. #7
    Full Member Zeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    In the trees
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    391
    Threads
    20
    Reputation
    1787
    Rep Power
    4
    Likes (Given)
    740
    Likes (Received)
    249

    Re: Soccer


    Quote Originally Posted by Al Sultan View Post
    IF you have time, watch it, you may benefit from them, I watched many football matches and I learn from them, also, playing football is good too, it's good for your body and you can play football as an exercise too, watching football isn't haram, as long as you are not betting, shouting racial slurs (many people do that) and much more, just watching it is not haram, but if there are prayers then just pray and come back, don't make them distract you.

    So no, it's not haram to watch football
    But then dont the soccer players show their awrah?? So maybe it is haram..

    Allahu'alam

  9. #8
    Full Member Al Sultan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Heated Arabian desert
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    311
    Threads
    15
    Reputation
    1028
    Rep Power
    5
    Likes (Given)
    939
    Likes (Received)
    131

    Re: Soccer


    Quote Originally Posted by Zeal View Post
    But then dont the soccer players show their awrah?? So maybe it is haram..
    They don't literally show their awrah, if that's the case, then the same thing happens with Jeans, sweat pants, normal pants.

    It doesn't show their awrah because THEY WANT TO, they wear shorts because you can move more with shorts, and you're a lot more flexible in shorts.

    Also, it's by intentions, for example, people wont stare at their awrah? they will look at the game, the ball, their kicks and jumps, not awrah.

  10. #9
    IB Oldtimer azc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,936
    Threads
    147
    Reputation
    12678
    Rep Power
    17
    Likes (Given)
    345
    Likes (Received)
    1057

    Re: Soccer


    Quote Originally Posted by anatolian View Post
    Sport is not just allowed it is encouraged in Islam. However proffesional sport and especially soccer today is a big industry in which counless harams are involved. There is always a maffia connection of famous soccer clubs. Holigans ruining the cities on the match days. Gambling is an important money fund. All such thins make proffesional soccer a dirty thing
    + so soccer isn't allowed now..?

  11. Report bad ads?
  12. #10
    IB Oldskool sister herb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    8,313
    Threads
    332
    Reputation
    52507
    Rep Power
    99
    Likes (Given)
    5508
    Likes (Received)
    6353

    Re: Soccer


    But what about the origin of soccer? Who invented it? If it´s kafir-origin, would it be as imitating kafirs if we play it? Or watch it?

    Soccer

    From Occupied Palestine:

    We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.




  13. #11
    Full Member Zeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    In the trees
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    391
    Threads
    20
    Reputation
    1787
    Rep Power
    4
    Likes (Given)
    740
    Likes (Received)
    249

    Re: Soccer


    Quote Originally Posted by Al Sultan View Post
    They don't literally show their awrah, if that's the case, then the same thing happens with Jeans, sweat pants, normal pants.

    It doesn't show their awrah because THEY WANT TO, they wear shorts because you can move more with shorts, and you're a lot more flexible in shorts.

    Also, it's by intentions, for example, people wont stare at their awrah? they will look at the game, the ball, their kicks and jumps, not awrah.
    Lol they show their awrah* on purpose tho(shorts above the knee's) and you look at it. And if we want maximum flexibility footballers may aswell go all out naked on the pitch coz that's how you achieve maximum flexibility. Would you still allow us to look?
    If in doubt just ask a sheikh

    And it seems you misunderstand the concept of actions judged by intentions what is haram is haram even though we may seek a benefit from it. I.e: music for dawah.. sometimes it works to bring people to islam but it is still impermissible.


    *I have heard theres ikhtilaaf on what awrah is but i mainly hear its knees to navel


    Allahu'alam

  14. #12
    Full Member Zeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    In the trees
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    391
    Threads
    20
    Reputation
    1787
    Rep Power
    4
    Likes (Given)
    740
    Likes (Received)
    249

    Re: Soccer


    https://youtu.be/etzXNLvc36A

    Here the shiekh say it depends on what you think the awrah is

  15. #13
    IB Oldskool sister herb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    8,313
    Threads
    332
    Reputation
    52507
    Rep Power
    99
    Likes (Given)
    5508
    Likes (Received)
    6353

    Re: Soccer


    So here isn´t many sports we could really watch because players aren´t suitable dressed. Riding maybe is allowed? What else?
    Soccer

    From Occupied Palestine:

    We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.




  16. #14
    IB Oldtimer azc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,936
    Threads
    147
    Reputation
    12678
    Rep Power
    17
    Likes (Given)
    345
    Likes (Received)
    1057

    Re: Soccer


    Quote Originally Posted by sister herb View Post
    But what about the origin of soccer? Who invented it? If it´s kafir-origin, would it be as imitating kafirs if we play it? Or watch it?
    I couldn't get your point. You mean If something invented by them then we should not take part in it or use it..? Then how we can use this internet...? Or your logic is related to sports only..?

  17. #15
    Full Member Al Sultan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Heated Arabian desert
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    311
    Threads
    15
    Reputation
    1028
    Rep Power
    5
    Likes (Given)
    939
    Likes (Received)
    131

    Re: Soccer


    Brother, do THEY know themselves, that they are showing their awrah? shorts are not THAT tight, they are wearing it for a reason, they are wearing it because they want to flex their legs, not to show their awrah.

    As I said, footballers play (an official match) for 90 minutes, would someone waste their 90 minutes looking a their awrah? and also, their awrah is cover, it's not shown, maybe a bit but the majority of it, its covered.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeal View Post
    And if we want maximum flexibility footballers may aswell go all out naked on the pitch coz that's how you achieve maximum flexibility.

    ........

    Dude,You can achieve maximum flexibility with sports shorts, not being naked, this is where you're taking it out of context, I have wore sports shorts and they are extremely flexible.

    Don't know if that was a joke.




    Quote Originally Posted by Zeal View Post
    Would you still allow us to look?
    Let's get realistic here, will we waste 90 MINUTES, looking at professional footballer's awrah? really? no one would even look at them! the audience would look at the ball, the kicks, the runs, you cant say that.

    I don't know if ANYWHERE in my mind, I would think 'I need to get off the pitch, people are looking at my awrah' like why? what's the purpose of looking at a footballer's awrah? it's just stupid and illogical if you think about it, I wouldn't, because I know that people come to the stadium to watch FOOTBALL, not looking at my awrah.




    Quote Originally Posted by Zeal View Post
    And it seems you misunderstand the concept of actions judged by intentions what is haram is haram even though we may seek a benefit from it. I.e: music for dawah.. sometimes it works to bring people to islam but it is still impermissible.
    This is literally what you said,


    Quote Originally Posted by Zeal View Post
    But then dont the soccer players show their awrah??
    You said don't they 'show' their awrah, this is why I said you have to know the intention, the neeya, you cant say they are LITERALLY SHOWING their awrah, they are not, this is simply a misunderstanding, you don't wear shorts to 'show' your awrah, you wear shorts because it makes you flex your legs, and have the ability to kick, run, tackle.


    I don't know who would play music to attract people to Islam, that's just an illogical ideafor a dawah ( no offence )

    Yes but, before I do the dawah, I NEED to THINK before bringing out my dawah..

    If making football haram just because one 'shows' his awrah then we're not using logic or reason here, I play football because I see it as a fun way to exercise and keep my body in shape, I love the sport too.

  18. #16
    IB Oldtimer anatolian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Turkey
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,061
    Threads
    26
    Reputation
    4195
    Rep Power
    61
    Likes (Given)
    197
    Likes (Received)
    587

    Re: Soccer


    Quote Originally Posted by azc View Post
    + so soccer isn't allowed now..?
    I dont know. But participating in such a dirty industry seems not Islamic. But I dont see any unIslamic thing in playing or watching amateur sports. Again we come to the same topic..Things that change with how you do it. If you do it in a halal way it is halal, if you do it in a haram way it is haram
    Last edited by anatolian; 12-30-2016 at 02:42 PM.
    1 | Likes azc liked this post
    Soccer

    You harvest what you sow.

  19. #17
    IB Oldskool sister herb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    8,313
    Threads
    332
    Reputation
    52507
    Rep Power
    99
    Likes (Given)
    5508
    Likes (Received)
    6353

    Re: Soccer


    Quote Originally Posted by azc View Post
    I couldn't get your point. You mean If something invented by them then we should not take part in it or use it..? Then how we can use this internet...? Or your logic is related to sports only..?
    I meant only soccer. Sometimes we here discuss about doing this or that and then reason why not to do or use something is because this thing or habit is invented by kafirs and doing it is imitating them. Same logic doesn´t works with sports? I am just curious about the matter, that´s all.
    1 | Likes Al Sultan liked this post
    Soccer

    From Occupied Palestine:

    We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.




  20. #18
    Full Member Al Sultan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Heated Arabian desert
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    311
    Threads
    15
    Reputation
    1028
    Rep Power
    5
    Likes (Given)
    939
    Likes (Received)
    131

    Re: Soccer


    The thing is, this is sports, not religion.

    If a Muslim coach came and coached a big Arab team, let's say Al Hilal, Saudi Arabia's best club in the country's history (one of my personal favorites too)

    He coached the team, but he didn't succeed, he won 0 trophies, and he failed to win the league.

    Then Al Hilal kick this coach out, and bring a Kafir coach, although he is good, he's good with tactics and knows which players fit in the team.

    This Kafir, won the treble for the club, at the first season, he goes on to win countless trophies.

    Now, if I came, as a young coach, learn from this Kafir, his tactics and know how to work out my team, is it haram? no its not.

    THIS is SPORTS, NOT religion, religion is something else, we cant always interfere religion with sports.

    At the end of the day, Allah knows that out intention was to learn from this Kafir tactics to win trophies for our team, not adapt and learn his Atheistic beliefs..

    Obviously it's haram to learn this Kafir's beliefs, but learning from him tactics in SPORTS, it's not haram, it's not even logical.

  21. #19
    IB Oldtimer azc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,936
    Threads
    147
    Reputation
    12678
    Rep Power
    17
    Likes (Given)
    345
    Likes (Received)
    1057

    Re: Soccer


    Quote Originally Posted by sister herb View Post
    I meant only soccer. Sometimes we here discuss about doing this or that and then reason why not to do or use something is because this thing or habit is invented by kafirs and doing it is imitating them. Same logic doesn´t works with sports? I am just curious about the matter, that´s all.
    and fact is that most of the famous games/sports of this age were invented or at least are controlled by them. So this logic will apply on other sports as well. I think there should be other internal or external factors for not taking interest in sports... Do you know what the scholars say about this issue..?

  22. Report bad ads?
  23. #20
    IB Oldtimer azc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,936
    Threads
    147
    Reputation
    12678
    Rep Power
    17
    Likes (Given)
    345
    Likes (Received)
    1057

    Re: Soccer


    Quote Originally Posted by anatolian View Post
    I dont know. But participating in such a dirty industry seems not Islamic. But I dont see any unIslamic thing in playing or watching amateur sports. Again we come to the same topic..Things that change with how you do it. If you do it in a halal way it is halal, if you do it in a haram way it is haram
    I think you are saying correct. Thanks

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Hey there! Soccer Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Soccer
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Have you try this? The swamp soccer?
    By sister herb in forum Health & Science
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-13-2015, 02:38 PM
  2. Pakistani football(soccer)
    By Mikayeel in forum Halal Fun
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-28-2008, 12:29 AM
  3. [Game] Finger Soccer
    By guyabano in forum Halal Fun
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-15-2008, 08:41 AM
  4. Soccer Vs Scholar
    By sudais1 in forum Advice & Support
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 02-05-2007, 08:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •