× Register Login What's New! Contact us
how is allah merciful?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 53
  1. #1
    Khanali12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Other
    Posts
    51
    Threads
    8
    Reputation
    134
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    7

    how is allah merciful?

    Report bad ads?

    how can you describe Allah merciful when he threatens all 'unbelievers' with everlasting punishment in Jahannam, and even Muslims fro the so called '72 misguided sects'?

  2. Report bad ads?
  3. #2
    *charisma*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I am a traveler, May Jannah be my home ameen
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    4,310
    Threads
    184
    Reputation
    48465
    Rep Power
    109
    Likes (Given)
    1131
    Likes (Received)
    2489

    Re: how is allah merciful?

    The point of our existence in the Islamic perspective is to worship and submit to Allah. Anyone who does not goes to hell. I understand how this does not sit will with some people, but it's like someone gives you an office, a job, money, everything you could every possibly need to work at a great company and live a sustainable life forever and all you have to do is put the effort to be the best employee you can be. The company tells you if you go anywhere else you will surely fail because this is where the success happens. It WILL NOT happen anywhere else, even if you find some happiness in the other places. This is like Allah giving us Islam...but you reject it and say "I want to look for something else, this isn't working for me, I want to do my own thing." So now if you've rejected this company, what do they owe you? Nothing.
    Last edited by *charisma*; 03-30-2017 at 05:35 PM.
    4 | Likes Bushwackk, Muslimah inshal, Simple_Person, Aaqib liked this post
    how is allah merciful?

    D e a t h

    is the easiest
    of all things after it
    ; ;

    the hardest
    of all things before it

  4. #3
    Khanali12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Other
    Posts
    51
    Threads
    8
    Reputation
    134
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    7

    Re: how is allah merciful?

    Quote Originally Posted by *charisma* View Post
    The point of our existence in the Islamic perspective is to worship and submit to Allah. Anyone who does not goes to hell. I understand how this does not sit will with some people, but it's like someone gives you an office, a job, money, everything you could every possibly need to work at a great company and live a sustainable life forever and all you have to do is put the effort to be the best employee you can be. The company tells you if you go anywhere else you will surely fail because this is where the success happens. It WILL NOT happen anywhere else, even if you find some happiness in the other places. This is like Allah giving us Islam...but you reject it and say "I want to look for something else, this isn't working for me, I want to do my own thing." So now if you've rejected this company, so what do they owe you? Nothing.

    1. Why does he need us to worship him?
    2. Say if we are not ‘worthy’ of heaven due todisbelief even though we have lived relatively sinless lives, then why notsimply cease our existence instead of an everlasting punishment?
    3. I seem to recall that (paraphrasing) ‘Allah doesnot need you, you need Allah’. So be it, but what real harm have we done to himin NOT worshipping him? Is he not better than that?
    4. Surely when he created us, did he not know thatwe will anger him in the future due to our disbelief? Then why not just end itthere?
    5. Finally, what about the hadith stating that72/73 sects would be upon misguidance and therefore will go to hell anyway,even though they spent their life following Islam? what’s the point in that? Howdo I know I’m in the right sect?


  5. #4
    Bushwackk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    DAWAH DIGITAL HQ
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    7,273
    Threads
    108
    Reputation
    49677
    Rep Power
    75
    Likes (Given)
    8483
    Likes (Received)
    6128

    Re: how is allah merciful?

    Quote Originally Posted by Syed123 View Post
    1. Why does he need us to worship him?
    2. Say if we are not ‘worthy’ of heaven due todisbelief even though we have lived relatively sinless lives, then why notsimply cease our existence instead of an everlasting punishment?
    3. I seem to recall that (paraphrasing) ‘Allah doesnot need you, you need Allah’. So be it, but what real harm have we done to himin NOT worshipping him? Is he not better than that?
    4. Surely when he created us, did he not know thatwe will anger him in the future due to our disbelief? Then why not just end itthere?
    5. Finally, what about the hadith stating that72/73 sects would be upon misguidance and therefore will go to hell anyway,even though they spent their life following Islam? what’s the point in that? Howdo I know I’m in the right sect?


    1) He requires no worship, rather you worship HIM to earn HIS pleasure, and be in HIS good grace. No one is forcing you bruh!

    2) No one gets to heaven without the Mercy of Allah, having belief in HIM and HIS prophets, messengers, books, etc - are what define what camp you sit with, but even this is not a guarantee that you will enter heaven without judgement.

    3) Let me turn the table to show you how your question is irrelevant:

    You decide not to worship Allah, HE doesn't need you to worship HIM as I explained above - but if you have no need to worship HIM, because you do not believe - then the idea of heaven and hell are also irrelevant so why muse about them? See? Silly question you asked my brother. Because those verses you have issues with even though you don't believe - are for us believers to find solace in.

    Now, if you are having issues with verses you don'y believe in, while we Muslims find great solace in them - something is wrong with you. And something is right with us.

    DO you not see the beautiful irony your position lands yourself in? Or does this also go over your head?

    4) So you've not read the Qur'an to know the discussion which took place in heaven between the Angels, Satan, and Allah, regarding humanity? Because you'd not ask if you've read it. The answer is in the Qur'an, I would suggest you study it.

    5) Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jamaat - basically means those who follow the example of the prophet pbuh and gather in the masajid for worship regularly.

    For more info, study.

    Scimi
    2 | Likes *charisma*, Muslimah inshal liked this post
    how is allah merciful?


  6. Report bad ads?
  7. #5
    Umm Malik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    525
    Threads
    25
    Reputation
    2311
    Rep Power
    17
    Likes (Given)
    385
    Likes (Received)
    426

    Re: how is allah merciful?

    I was writing this response in another thread you made but it closed
    I will put my answer here I hope it will help

    Who told you that you will be thrown in hell
    It's your choice he gives us the signs and we can be in hell or we can chose the right path and we can be in paradise ... as you said he will throw me in hell try to be a good Muslim and soon you will say that Allah with his merciful will grant me jannah
    He give us the two choice
    And do know that as Muslim we have something called unseen which means that it will be hard for us to understand
    Because our head can't understand everything ... because there are some things which- is more than the capacity of our imperfect head ..
    -but even this- we are not believe blindly ... because in your dealing with Allah you will see how much things Allah can let you see it in your life which can led you to just wonder and say lailah illa lah
    I will promise to say this after you taste the taste of doing for Allah and letting for his sake
    When you see a things just like when Allah said about the prophet Ibrahim
    ( 75 )-- And thus did We show Abraham the realm of the heavens and the earth that he would be among the certain [in faith]
    You will see that in your life inshallah but don't close your heart
    As for the age of aisha radiyya lahu anha
    Isn't this her choice ... is he lived with the prophet a bad life ... in our time they said about the free choice and everyone have his own freedom to chose ... is aisha don't have the right to chose her husband
    Ask any girl what she love in man ... the all things which can be in the best men is in the prophet
    So lovely morals kindness mercy and a prophet from Allah
    Why they say about his marriage with aisha don't mention his wife khadija ... it was older than him and yet he love her so much and he didn't forget her even after she died
    Why they don't speak about sawdah Wich was an old lady and he Marry her because she haven't husband
    We for example in Algeria ... when we go to a small- Villages we have a friendes that they are same age as we .. but because the nature of the place where they live they look older than us in them bodies them thinking and taking responsibility of life
    They know how to cook how to look after them home while we are still look like young thinking about games and so on ... they also play but they grow up before us and they get marry at 16 which looks young age in other town in Algeria
    But if the girl accept and the man accept what can stop them ??- rather if he is younger or older
    The other people don't have the right to throw them opinion in them life
    The prophet salla lahu alyhi wa Salam teach the Muslim men how to be good husband while you taking reward
    it's just one of the weak things which the heaters of Islam try to deceive the Muslim youth
    I am asking you to sick Allah's help and to follow your heart your mind your spirit
    Open your heart and read the Quran you will see how this life is in control with Allah and his the most wise
    You will see
    I am asking Allah to guide you
    We all have a numbers of reminders from Allah this is one of them ... your feeling to ask here us also one of them
    And we all get this and some people are taking it and follow and they win ... others choose to don't listen and to just keep on blame others to don't feel sorry about them mistakes
    You have two brothers ... both of them smoke ... and you advice both of them from the bottom of your heart .. and you tell them about the hurt of smoking ... one of them listen to you and understand what you want for him- thanks your advice
    The other one hear you without care and just think about your advice ad you don't want him to enjoy
    And just think that i need to smoke because i need it .. it help me to be calm and so on
    After a years he get cancer ... at that time he will think about your advice and how you wanted good for him even if it was against his desire and his understanding but after it's too late
    May Allah guide you
    Allah bring you here ... he is still love you and still giving you reminders
    Don't chose to be stray
    1 | Likes Bushwackk liked this post

  8. #6
    *charisma*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I am a traveler, May Jannah be my home ameen
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    4,310
    Threads
    184
    Reputation
    48465
    Rep Power
    109
    Likes (Given)
    1131
    Likes (Received)
    2489

    Re: how is allah merciful?

    @Khanali12 @Syed123


    Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    4) So you've not read the Qur'an to know the discussion which took place in heaven between the Angels, Satan, and Allah, regarding humanity? Because you'd not ask if you've read it. The answer is in the Qur'an, I would suggest you study it.
    This is really helpful if you want to learn more about why we were created:

    http://www.islamguiden.com/arkiv/sto...e_prophets.pdf

    If you read the part about adam it puts it all into perspective for you.


    Even though you are trying to understand islam, can you tell us what you actually do believe in?? Do you believe that there is an afterlife? Do you believe that Allah exists?
    1 | Likes Bushwackk liked this post
    how is allah merciful?

    D e a t h

    is the easiest
    of all things after it
    ; ;

    the hardest
    of all things before it

  9. #7
    *charisma*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I am a traveler, May Jannah be my home ameen
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    4,310
    Threads
    184
    Reputation
    48465
    Rep Power
    109
    Likes (Given)
    1131
    Likes (Received)
    2489

    Re: how is allah merciful?

    @Khanali12 @Syed123


    Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    4) So you've not read the Qur'an to know the discussion which took place in heaven between the Angels, Satan, and Allah, regarding humanity? Because you'd not ask if you've read it. The answer is in the Qur'an, I would suggest you study it.
    This is really helpful if you want to learn more about why we were created:

    http://www.islamguiden.com/arkiv/sto...e_prophets.pdf

    If you read the part about adam it puts it all into perspective for you.


    Even though you are trying to understand islam, can you tell us what you actually do believe in?? Do you believe that there is an afterlife? Do you believe that Allah exists?
    1 | Likes Bushwackk liked this post
    how is allah merciful?

    D e a t h

    is the easiest
    of all things after it
    ; ;

    the hardest
    of all things before it

  10. #8
    Khanali12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Other
    Posts
    51
    Threads
    8
    Reputation
    134
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    7

    Re: how is allah merciful?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post


    1) He requires no worship, rather you worship HIM to earn HIS pleasure, and be in HIS good grace. No one is forcing you bruh!

    2) No one gets to heaven without the Mercy of Allah, having belief in HIM and HIS prophets, messengers, books, etc - are what define what camp you sit with, but even this is not a guarantee that you will enter heaven without judgement.

    3) Let me turn the table to show you how your question is irrelevant:

    You decide not to worship Allah, HE doesn't need you to worship HIM as I explained above - but if you have no need to worship HIM, because you do not believe - then the idea of heaven and hell are also irrelevant so why muse about them? See? Silly question you asked my brother. Because those verses you have issues with even though you don't believe - are for us believers to find solace in.

    Now, if you are having issues with verses you don'y believe in, while we Muslims find great solace in them - something is wrong with you. And something is right with us.

    DO you not see the beautiful irony your position lands yourself in? Or does this also go over your head?

    4) So you've not read the Qur'an to know the discussion which took place in heaven between the Angels, Satan, and Allah, regarding humanity? Because you'd not ask if you've read it. The answer is in the Qur'an, I would suggest you study it.

    5) Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jamaat - basically means those who follow the example of the prophet pbuh and gather in the masajid for worship regularly.

    For more info, study.

    Scimi

    1) Ok I can accept that explanation, so we earn his pleasureand his grace to get to heaven, right?
    2) I don’t think you have answered my question.
    3a) many people I know believe in Islam to be the ‘truereligion’ (as well the usual verbatim I’m sure you get it), but they still donot pray and fast, so I think the heaven/hell question is relevant.
    3b) ‘or does this goalso go over your head’ do you take please in taking cheap shots at people?stop.
    4) I’ve read the Quran for near the entirety of my life, inArabic.
    5) I come from a Pakistani Barelvi family and they claim tobe ‘Ahul Sunnah Wal Jamaat’ and so do groups like the Salafists and Deobandis,so who is the real ahl sunnat wal jamaat and how do you know??
    Btw I have to type in Microsoft word as this site is playingup where it is not registering my keystrokes.
    1 | Likes Bushwackk liked this post

  11. #9
    Bushwackk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    DAWAH DIGITAL HQ
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    7,273
    Threads
    108
    Reputation
    49677
    Rep Power
    75
    Likes (Given)
    8483
    Likes (Received)
    6128

    Re: how is allah merciful?

    Syed123, if you have any more questions, I'm still here for now in sha Allah.

    Sister Charisma has linked you to some study material also, I would pursue that avenue if you are truly seeking answers.

    Anyway, I'm here for now in sha Allah.

    Scimi

    EDIT: I see you already responded.

    Quote Originally Posted by Syed123 View Post
    1) Ok I can accept that explanation, so we earn his pleasureand his grace to get to heaven, right?


    No.

    Let me explain in sha Allah.

    It is only by the Mercy of Allah that anyone will get to heaven.

    For example, if God gave you life for one thousand years - and you spent all one thousand years doing good deeds and praising HIM and worshipping HIM, you still would not have built up no where near the amount of thanks to sufficiently thank Allah for even one of your two eyes... and you have more than eyes which work.

    We are a creation built to sin and repent. To turn towards God in our insufficient states and seek HIM as a child seeks a parent and holds onto a parents leg even though the parent is chiding the child, the child does not let go - but when we grow to adulthood - how ungrateful we become. So many of us talk back to our parents and this is not reflective of Islamic mannerisms and moral values.

    Nothing we do is enough bro. Nothing.

    We are reliant upon the MERCY of Allah.


    Quote Originally Posted by Syed123 View Post
    2) I don’t think you have answered my question.


    I just did


    Quote Originally Posted by Syed123 View Post
    3a) many people I know believe in Islam to be the ‘truereligion’ (as well the usual verbatim I’m sure you get it), but they still donot pray and fast, so I think the heaven/hell question is relevant.
    They are on the path - but how far along the path they've walked is only a few steps... others are further up this well trodden path, loking with keen eyes to see who is following the deen.

    Each person is on a varied stage of faith. Some augment this with worship, and others couple that worship with good deeds and conduct.

    Ya know who Sir George Bernard Shaw was? He was a famous playright who died almost a hundred years ago. IN his last interview before his death, he was asked (paraphrasing here) "what are the best and worst things you've seen in all your years on this fine planet we call earth?"

    he answered: "The best thing I have seen is the religion of Islam, the worst I have seen are the people who follow it".

    Look, if I was to measure Atheism by the standards of modern morality, I'd say the system failed before it had even started because any society which has degraded its moral worth, has proven through history to enter degeneration - for proof of this, check out Cormac O'Briens "Fall of Empires" for it.

    Islam is rapidly growing as the worlds most viral faith with female conversions outnumbering the male ones at a ratio of 4/1.

    You have to wonder why, when the western media has tainted the image of Islam relentlessly now for decades - and if you are around the 25 years of age mark or under, then you was born into this lie the media conditioned you with.

    Quote Originally Posted by Syed123 View Post
    3b) ‘or does this goalso go over your head’ do you take please in taking cheap shots at people?stop.


    So it did go over your head? Not trying to offend, I'm a blunt talker - I don't beat around any bush. Surely you can appreciate honesty in it's most pure form? no? Or are you a modern day representation of weakness and escapist ideologies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Syed123 View Post
    4) I’ve read the Quran for near the entirety of my life, inArabic.


    Do you understand Arabic? Or do you just know how to read and write it because the letters are the same as Urdu almost?

    There's a massive difference in learning to read and write a language, and learning the Language

    Quote Originally Posted by Syed123 View Post
    5) I come from a Pakistani Barelvi family and they claim tobe ‘Ahul Sunnah Wal Jamaat’ and so do groups like the Salafists and Deobandis,so who is the real ahl sunnat wal jamaat and how do you know??
    Btw I have to type in Microsoft word as this site is playingup where it is not registering my keystrokes.
    I'm from India, born in the UK, and I don't identify with any sect - and there is no sect named "Ahlus sunnah wal jamaat" because it's not a sect - it's an idea which is personal to each and every Muslim providing he doesn't identify with any group, such as Brelwi, Deobandi, Salafi, Wahabi, whatever...

    I'm simply a Muslim. My prophet pbuh wasn't a salafi, brelwi, deobandi, etc - so whatever these groups are doing, that's between them and Allah. Not you and me

    Scimi
    Last edited by Bushwackk; 03-30-2017 at 06:11 PM.
    how is allah merciful?


  12. Report bad ads?
  13. #10
    Khanali12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Other
    Posts
    51
    Threads
    8
    Reputation
    134
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    7

    Re: how is allah merciful?

    thanks, i'll read it later as I have Uni work to do.

    also, I am inclined to believe there is a creator (although I dosometimes go into doubt about this as well) but not so convinced about anafterlife and religion in general.

    1 | Likes *charisma* liked this post

  14. #11
    *charisma*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I am a traveler, May Jannah be my home ameen
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    4,310
    Threads
    184
    Reputation
    48465
    Rep Power
    109
    Likes (Given)
    1131
    Likes (Received)
    2489

    Re: how is allah merciful?

    Quote Originally Posted by Syed123 View Post
    thanks, i'll read it later as I have Uni work to do.

    also, I am inclined to believe there is a creator (although I dosometimes go into doubt about this as well) but not so convinced about anafterlife and religion in general.
    Thanks for your response. So if you believe in a creator that means you do have some faith. You're just trying to figure out what makes sense to you. We all go through that and understand what you're going through. So if you believe in a creator, what other assumptions do you have of Him? What are your ideals?

    When it comes to heaven and hell, we have to believe strongly in the fact that Allah is the MOST Just. That means He knows everything we know about ourselves and much more. We have to trust that if we do good in this world and worship Him, then we will be acknowledged for it. There is a judgement day before we enter heaven or hell, that is for the sole purpose of knowing how we have decided to use our time in this life. You can be a great person and everyone will know that you are, but if you don't believe in Allah then you'd be missing a connection with your creator and the only benefit you will get out of this life is being known as a great person to other creations, but a terrible servant to Allah because you didn't serve Him like you're supposed to. And in regards to those who do believe in Allah but don't pray, then they too are no different than kaffirs because they are knowingly disobeying Allah. Shaytan rejected bowing to Allah just once and he was destined for hellfire, imagine the punishment of someone who rejects prayers more than once??
    1 | Likes Bushwackk liked this post
    how is allah merciful?

    D e a t h

    is the easiest
    of all things after it
    ; ;

    the hardest
    of all things before it

  15. #12
    Bushwackk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    DAWAH DIGITAL HQ
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    7,273
    Threads
    108
    Reputation
    49677
    Rep Power
    75
    Likes (Given)
    8483
    Likes (Received)
    6128

    Re: how is allah merciful?

    Quote Originally Posted by Syed123 View Post
    thanks, i'll read it later as I have Uni work to do.
    You're welcome

    Quote Originally Posted by Syed123 View Post
    also, I am inclined to believe there is a creator (although I dosometimes go into doubt about this as well) but not so convinced about anafterlife and religion in general.
    When you believe in a Creator, do you believe HE is a whimsical Creator who just does things willy nilly? And if so, how can you believe in a Creator like that? One who creates with no purpose?

    I studied theology, these are theological questions I am asking you so I can better understand your position.

    Scimi
    how is allah merciful?


  16. #13
    Khanali12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Other
    Posts
    51
    Threads
    8
    Reputation
    134
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    7

    Re: how is allah merciful?

    I do not believe in a whimsical creator, that's justsilly. The way I usually justify to myself that indeed, there must be a creatoris by looking at everyday objects, simply put, they didn’t magically appear –they had a designer. As for our purpose? I’m not sure, I’ve heard it countlesstimes before and as you’ve already explained, Islam’s explanation for thepurpose of life just doesn’t sit well with me.

  17. #14
    Khanali12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Other
    Posts
    51
    Threads
    8
    Reputation
    134
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    7

    Re: how is allah merciful?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    Syed123, if you have any more questions, I'm still here for now in sha Allah.

    Sister Charisma has linked you to some study material also, I would pursue that avenue if you are truly seeking answers.

    Anyway, I'm here for now in sha Allah.

    Scimi

    EDIT: I see you already responded.



    No.

    Let me explain in sha Allah.

    It is only by the Mercy of Allah that anyone will get to heaven.

    For example, if God gave you life for one thousand years - and you spent all one thousand years doing good deeds and praising HIM and worshipping HIM, you still would not have built up no where near the amount of thanks to sufficiently thank Allah for even one of your two eyes... and you have more than eyes which work.

    We are a creation built to sin and repent. To turn towards God in our insufficient states and seek HIM as a child seeks a parent and holds onto a parents leg even though the parent is chiding the child, the child does not let go - but when we grow to adulthood - how ungrateful we become. So many of us talk back to our parents and this is not reflective of Islamic mannerisms and moral values.

    Nothing we do is enough bro. Nothing.

    We are reliant upon the MERCY of Allah.




    I just did




    They are on the path - but how far along the path they've walked is only a few steps... others are further up this well trodden path, loking with keen eyes to see who is following the deen.

    Each person is on a varied stage of faith. Some augment this with worship, and others couple that worship with good deeds and conduct.

    Ya know who Sir George Bernard Shaw was? He was a famous playright who died almost a hundred years ago. IN his last interview before his death, he was asked (paraphrasing here) "what are the best and worst things you've seen in all your years on this fine planet we call earth?"

    he answered: "The best thing I have seen is the religion of Islam, the worst I have seen are the people who follow it".

    Look, if I was to measure Atheism by the standards of modern morality, I'd say the system failed before it had even started because any society which has degraded its moral worth, has proven through history to enter degeneration - for proof of this, check out Cormac O'Briens "Fall of Empires" for it.

    Islam is rapidly growing as the worlds most viral faith with female conversions outnumbering the male ones at a ratio of 4/1.

    You have to wonder why, when the western media has tainted the image of Islam relentlessly now for decades - and if you are around the 25 years of age mark or under, then you was born into this lie the media conditioned you with.



    So it did go over your head? Not trying to offend, I'm a blunt talker - I don't beat around any bush. Surely you can appreciate honesty in it's most pure form? no? Or are you a modern day representation of weakness and escapist ideologies?



    Do you understand Arabic? Or do you just know how to read and write it because the letters are the same as Urdu almost?

    There's a massive difference in learning to read and write a language, and learning the Language



    I'm from India, born in the UK, and I don't identify with any sect - and there is no sect named "Ahlus sunnah wal jamaat" because it's not a sect - it's an idea which is personal to each and every Muslim providing he doesn't identify with any group, such as Brelwi, Deobandi, Salafi, Wahabi, whatever...

    I'm simply a Muslim. My prophet pbuh wasn't a salafi, brelwi, deobandi, etc - so whatever these groups are doing, that's between them and Allah. Not you and me

    Scimi

    1. We didn’t ask him to create us so I don’t thinkit is fair
    2. Not quite, my question was that if we weregood human beings before death, wouldn’t it be more merciful of Allah tocease/stop our existence than tormenting us in hell.
    3. So, people who don’t pray out of lazinessare kafir? That means most of the people I know are ‘no better’ than me.

    b) alright, you come across assounding rude so you should make it clear that you are not - especially to new,oblivious members.
    4) funnily, learning how to read theQuran in Arabic at a young age allowed me to read Urdu , no, I don’t understand arabic and when I wasyounger, at mosque they didn’t emphasis on understanding the text as I don’tthink the teachers themselves understood it either (Pakistani mosque)
    5) most sects claim to be.

  18. Report bad ads?
  19. #15
    *charisma*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I am a traveler, May Jannah be my home ameen
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    4,310
    Threads
    184
    Reputation
    48465
    Rep Power
    109
    Likes (Given)
    1131
    Likes (Received)
    2489

    Re: how is allah merciful?

    @Khanali12

    Quote Originally Posted by Syed123 View Post
    We didn’t ask him to create us so I don’t thinkit is fair
    This is in the Quran:

    إِذْ أَخَذَ رَ-بُّكَ مِن بَنِي آدَمَ مِن ظُهُورِ-هِمْ ذُرِّ-يَّتَهُمْ وَأَشْهَدَهُمْ عَلَىٰ أَنفُسِهِمْ أَلَسْتُ بِرَ-بِّكُمْ ۖ قَالُوا بَلَىٰ ۛ شَهِدْنَا ۛ أَن تَقُولُوا يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ إِنَّا كُنَّا عَنْ هَـٰذَا غَافِلِينَ

    "And [mention] when your Lord took from the children of Adam - from their loins - their descendants and made them testify of themselves, [saying to them], "Am I not your Lord?" They said, "Yes, we have testified." [This] - lest you should say on the day of Resurrection, "Indeed, we were of this unaware." " [Surah A'raf, 7:172]

    It's saying here that before we are created, we testify to Allah that He is our Lord. We are all Muslims when we are born. So whether you necessarily asked to be created or not, you are here. There's nothing you can do about it now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Syed123 View Post
    Not quite, my question was that if we weregood human beings before death, wouldn’t it be more merciful of Allah tocease/stop our existence than tormenting us in hell.
    The thing is, your good deeds are futile if you don't worship Allah. They don't really count except in the eyes of the creation. So instead of meeting your creator, you'd prefer to just vanish out of existence? I can understand how that would be better than hellfire, but then that would be a reward for you because it's what you want. It'll be based on your terms. Allah gave you life and He tells you what to do. It doesn't work the other way around. I also wouldn't think it's fair if I'm a good believer who worships Allah to become "nonexistant" to Him after I die, which would be the same place that someone who doesn't worship Him at all ends up. That would actually be unfair and sad.

    Now the very essence of your questions in regards to why we are all created in the first place at all is knowledge that is with Allah solely, no one can claim that they can answer that for you. I just know that Allah exists because I have faith that there is a creator, and Islam is the religion that makes sense of it all. If Allah exists then so does hellfire and Jannah. So either it's something you accept or you don't. But you have to realize that even if you don't accept it, it doesn't make the reality go away.

    And yes in regards to people who don't pray out of laziness, it's considered kufr.
    Last edited by *charisma*; 03-30-2017 at 09:59 PM.
    how is allah merciful?

    D e a t h

    is the easiest
    of all things after it
    ; ;

    the hardest
    of all things before it

  20. #16
    Bobbyflay23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    507
    Threads
    41
    Reputation
    1037
    Rep Power
    8
    Likes (Given)
    313
    Likes (Received)
    148

    how is allah merciful?

    Ihhj
    Last edited by Bobbyflay23; 03-31-2017 at 04:07 AM.
    1 | Likes *charisma* liked this post

  21. #17
    Khanali12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Other
    Posts
    51
    Threads
    8
    Reputation
    134
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    7

    Re: how is allah merciful?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyflay23 View Post
    No allah asked you before you where born if you want to be a human being and you have a chance of going to hell fire or heaven he knew what was the outcome but you decided to be a human and he said who's your lord and you said allah and now he's going to test you on it this is the test you on it I know he allready knows if you'll fail or pass the test but if he just throws you into hell fire or heaven without the test then it wouldn't be fair so the first part of the test is submitting now allah sends signs to everyone somtimes people don't get signs but they're good people if they never got the message then scholars say they go to heaven they just have to be pious but if someone gets signs or messages or knows monuthesim and Islam then they go to hell why because they knew of Islam there lord sent them a message to show them the way and they didn't even listen they just used ignorancy maybe if they wherent ignorant then ok but if they don't even listen to the message and try to see if it's true and deny it then of course they are denying they're lord for no reason Islam even says if a believer is ignorant he will go to hell fire until all the ignorancy is gone because there is no room for ignorancy in the heart if your a Muslim so that's the reason why he will send you to hell fire if your not a Muslim even if your not a Muslim if you just believe there's 1 god and your pious then you'll go to heaven but that's only in the case where you have no clue what Islam is so if your like a Christian and don't believe jesus was god or if your a Jew so basically it's about not blindly following anything you need to logically question things even Islam because allah doesn't want you to blindly follow anything so if your a chiristian and you use logic to proove that they're lying and that jesus isn't lord (there's proof of it even in the Bible) and you try to find the path of truth then allah loves you of course if you just stick to one thing not even looking into if your following a lie or not then he will send you to hell fire so that's why allah does not like most the Christians and Jews and aethists because most of them are blind to the truth but some are of that religion but are monithestis and looking for the truth and are pious then allah won't just throw them into hell fire and also there's lots of proof of the Quran being the truth such as prophecys most religion prophecys are usually lies and never come true but in Islam almost all of them have been fulfilled the others are yet to be finished there's just a few more to be fulfilled one of the ones that a find very useful as evidence is 1400 years ago one of the prophecys was fitna will be beamed up into the skies this basically means the internet and also porn on the internet these people had no clue what it meant and they where modest people things like porn where disgusting to them I don't think they would've even been able to imagine the fact that people where having sex right out in the open if you need more just look up there's a bunch such as yoga pants even airplanes they even where the first people to say the world was round and this was before humans came out with proof that it was round and they even said its egg shaped and now when they went to space they're saying that the world isn't completely round and is egg shaped it just looks like a sphere
    I'm sorry but it's really hard to understand what you're saying.

  22. #18
    Bobbyflay23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    507
    Threads
    41
    Reputation
    1037
    Rep Power
    8
    Likes (Given)
    313
    Likes (Received)
    148

    Re: how is allah merciful?

    Ok 1 you don't remember it but allah asked you if your up for a test and and if you fail you go to hell and if you succeed you go to heaven 2. Allah sends signs to everyone if they don't accept the signs and they blindly follow what ever they're following like aethism and they don't even bother looking at what Islam is they just deny it instantly that's why they'll go to hell because they don't care about the truth if you purse the truth allah will guide you Muslim or not if your somone who was never given a sign but was pious the scholars say you'll go to heaven but if you where given signs and you ignore them then you go to hell if your pious and say you believe there's only one god because of proof but your still a Christian (there are Christians who belive there's only one god) or if your say a Jew (there's proof in the Bible that there's 1 god but people ignore it because they don't want to believe it) so basically if your a good person and you pursed the truth to the best you can then the scholars say you'll go to heaven also there is proof that Islam is the real religion there's tons of proof just look up prophecys of the Quran it predicts things that other religions never did and over religion prophecys usually were fake I'm not calling out the other religions I just think they're corrupted and I think that Islam is perfect but Muslims themselves are corrupted basically he is merciful he sends signs every day but people don't follow it it's just is the person deserving of the mercy let's make a scenario would you give mercy to someone if they burned down your house they are on your property so you can legally call the police but you offer mercy because you don't want to screw up this guys record and send him to jail and you say okay say sorry for burning my house and I'll forgive you and they arrogantly say no f*** you instead of saying sorry I'm gonna kick your dog what would you do you offered this person sooo much mercy but this guy is refusing it so obviously you call the police and allahs mercy is 100x more then the example I just said it's just that people arnt deserving of it half the time

  23. #19
    Bobbyflay23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    507
    Threads
    41
    Reputation
    1037
    Rep Power
    8
    Likes (Given)
    313
    Likes (Received)
    148

    how is allah merciful?

    Also I didn't mean to say allahs mercy is 100x that because his mercy is more then the example I gave but I think it's impossible to describe how merciful he is
    Last edited by Bobbyflay23; 03-31-2017 at 12:28 AM.
    1 | Likes Bushwackk liked this post

  24. Report bad ads?
  25. #20
    Samiun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The dunya, where challenges are fought
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,237
    Threads
    260
    Reputation
    8517
    Rep Power
    58
    Likes (Given)
    457
    Likes (Received)
    347

    Re: how is allah merciful?

    Your hands don't fall off when you commit a Sin, where do you think provisions, food and water come from? Allah would clothe a Man, give him wealth, a wife, children and love and yet this person still disbelieves in Him. Have you really thought about this question?
    2 | Likes Bushwackk, greenhill liked this post
    how is allah merciful?

    Please Make Dua' For Samiun..

    “Whoever records a biography of a believer, it is as though he has brought him or her back to life.” - Imam Al-Sakhawi

  26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Hey there! how is allah merciful? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. how is allah merciful?
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Allah is the Most Merciful
    By islamkingdom in forum Discover Islam
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-20-2017, 09:09 PM
  2. Allah is merciful eh?
    By ReboundMuslimah in forum General
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 02-06-2017, 10:23 PM
  3. How Merciful is Allah?
    By Abu Muslim in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-17-2010, 07:53 PM
  4. Allah the most merciful
    By Basirah in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-11-2007, 09:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
create