× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    kinda halal sis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    22
    Threads
    18
    Reputation
    15
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    9
    Likes (Received)
    4

    islam and misogyny

    Report bad ads?

    salam,
    is islam a sexist/misogynistic religion? because now i’m convinced that it is, please refer to this website [link removed] and tell me if the information is reliable please
    jzk
    Last edited by Muhammad; 06-17-2019 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Anti-Islamic link removed

  2. Report bad ads?
  3. #2
    Muhammad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    on a Journey...
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    8,885
    Threads
    205
    Reputation
    120568
    Rep Power
    156
    Likes (Given)
    442
    Likes (Received)
    3091

    Re: islam and misogyny

    وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

    Sister, I removed the link you posted because that website is clearly anti-Islamic. It claims to examine 'the ideological threat that Islam poses to human dignity and freedom.' From that alone we know the information is not reliable because they don't know Islam. Islam elevates human dignity and freedom.

    Regarding your question, if Islam degraded women, then ask yourself why are so many women converting to Islam?

    You may wish to have a look at some of the links in this post, which address some of the common allegations in this regard:
    Index of useful threads

  4. #3
    CuriousonTruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    418
    Threads
    26
    Reputation
    207
    Rep Power
    4
    Likes (Given)
    13
    Likes (Received)
    87

    Re: islam and misogyny

    Do you subscribe to feminism?

    Islam upholds traditional gender roles. Trying to fit Islam with modern day feminist standards (by suggesting somehow these feminist ideals were in islam 1,400 years ago or that Islam is "feminist) is a bad idea. Don't be a feminist.

  5. #4
    xboxisdead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    781
    Threads
    82
    Reputation
    1018
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    33
    Likes (Received)
    212

    Re: islam and misogyny

    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousonTruth View Post
    Do you subscribe to feminism?

    Islam upholds traditional gender roles. Trying to fit Islam with modern day feminist standards (by suggesting somehow these feminist ideals were in islam 1,400 years ago or that Islam is "feminist) is a bad idea. Don't be a feminist.
    Actually, the first thing you should tell her is to do Shahaada. Because she denounced Islam publicly without her knowing. She called Allah Misogynist and women hater and oppressor of women. That is exactly what she did. She literally insulted Allah and put Allah at the same level as a human male and attacked him in that direction. If I was her, I would repent, do shahada and learn Islam better. If internet, media, social media, and socializing with people will trigger attack on Allah again...it is better for her to live the civilized world and live in a mountain to save her religion. If one single evil thought and kufir that enters my head I have my hand shaken and I do istigfar and do shahada over and over and over and over and close my eyes and make sure my heart is in full conviction when I do Shahada and when I am satisfied that I am ok I try to ignore the thoughts and do something else to distract me from that evil thought. What the OP did however, not do that...she went out and about and attacked Allah directly and called misogynist.

    I am not calling you sister anymore until you repent and enter Islam again and do istigfar....in the meantime.....hundreds of non-Muslim men and women in USA are looking at Islam from far and you know what these people are saying?

    "You know? Islam is doing it right! There is truth in Islam. Islam have the social problems cleared out. Islam is an excellent religion."

    They have not entered Islam..but they know (not believe..there are difference) now that Islam is a true religion and Islam is correct and Islam have handled men and women issue correctly and that is NON-MUSLIM WOMEN too who are saying it.

  6. Report bad ads?
  7. #5
    Ahmed.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    574
    Threads
    6
    Reputation
    718
    Rep Power
    70
    Likes (Given)
    632
    Likes (Received)
    338

    Re: islam and misogyny

    That's very weird sis, so far you have come across as a genuine taqwa filled sister who even feared she might be cursed because of a mistake...

    And from that you're suddenly going to jump to thinking Islam is unfair to women, based solely on the propaganda of a Islam hate site???

    Hmmm, I'm beginning to believe you really do lack in the iq dept.

  8. #6
    HisServant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    246
    Threads
    21
    Reputation
    1200
    Rep Power
    9
    Likes (Given)
    247
    Likes (Received)
    119

    Re: islam and misogyny

    Assalamu Alaikum,

    For those who are not aware the OP is a very young teen, who is having doubts and struggles about her faith. (Sorry OP if this was not something that you wanted to be known. I felt it was necessary in the circumstances) The sister had written about her struggles and having doubts in faith a week ago on the Sisters' Section of this forum. Perhaps, this is a fluctuating issue and better care must be maintained when sourcing information.

    Of course Islam isn't prejudiced against women. There is an entire chapter dedicated for women explaining rights - Surah An Nisaa. The very first verse stating that:

    "O mankind, fear your Lord, who created you from one soul and created from it its mate and dispersed from both of them many men and women. And fear Allah, through whom you ask one another, and the wombs. Indeed Allah is ever, over you, an Observer."


    The first woman that Prophet Muhammad (Peace and blessings be upon him) married was higher in social and wealth status than him. It was Khadijah r.a who first proposed to our Prophet through a third-party individual, which he accepted. The first martyr was a woman - Sumayyah bint Khayyat.

    Aisha r.a was known to be the Mother of the believers and teacher of scholars.

    Maryam bint Imran, the Mother of Prophet Isa (Peace and blessings be upon him) was chosen and purified by Allah over all other women of the world.

    And lo! The angels said: “O Mary!am Behold, Allah has elected you and made you pure, and raised you above all the women of the world. [3:42]

    The Story of Maryam (a.s)



    <strong><a href="https://muslimmatters.org/2010/08/04/the-real-miss-universe-maryam-bint-imran/" target="_blank"><em>

    Last edited by HisServant; 06-18-2019 at 03:21 AM.
    | Likes happymuslim, kinda halal sis liked this post
    islam and misogyny


  9. #7
    happymuslim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    129
    Threads
    16
    Reputation
    379
    Rep Power
    19
    Likes (Given)
    269
    Likes (Received)
    62

    Re: islam and misogyny

    Quote Originally Posted by kinda halal sis View Post
    salam,
    is islam a sexist/misogynistic religion? because now i’m convinced that it is, please refer to this website [link removed] and tell me if the information is reliable please
    jzk
    You need to stay away from those kinds of websites they cherry pick things to prove their own point and have arguments that contain many fallacies and false definitions anyways barely having an understanding on our religion, I suggest you click my posts and check out the one regarding women if you would like to understand this from an Islamic perspective.
    | Likes HisServant, kinda halal sis liked this post

  10. #8
    happymuslim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    129
    Threads
    16
    Reputation
    379
    Rep Power
    19
    Likes (Given)
    269
    Likes (Received)
    62

    Re: islam and misogyny

    Quote Originally Posted by kinda halal sis View Post
    salam,
    is islam a sexist/misogynistic religion? because now i’m convinced that it is, please refer to this website [link removed] and tell me if the information is reliable please
    jzk
    This addresses your question from an Islamic lenshttp://Gender equality in Islam<br /...8&share_type=t
    | Likes HisServant liked this post

  11. #9
    kinda halal sis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    22
    Threads
    18
    Reputation
    15
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    9
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Re: islam and misogyny

    i’m really struggling with my faith right now, i’m constantly thinking i’m doing everything wrong, and even doubting my religion. if you aren’t going through that i don’t think you have the right to say i’m ‘lacking iq points’. i’m in a really bad state and this isn’t easy for me. thanks for the insult tho, i appreciate it

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by xboxisdead View Post
    Actually, the first thing you should tell her is to do Shahaada. Because she denounced Islam publicly without her knowing. She called Allah Misogynist and women hater and oppressor of women. That is exactly what she did. She literally insulted Allah and put Allah at the same level as a human male and attacked him in that direction. If I was her, I would repent, do shahada and learn Islam better. If internet, media, social media, and socializing with people will trigger attack on Allah again...it is better for her to live the civilized world and live in a mountain to save her religion. If one single evil thought and kufir that enters my head I have my hand shaken and I do istigfar and do shahada over and over and over and over and close my eyes and make sure my heart is in full conviction when I do Shahada and when I am satisfied that I am ok I try to ignore the thoughts and do something else to distract me from that evil thought. What the OP did however, not do that...she went out and about and attacked Allah directly and called misogynist.

    I am not calling you sister anymore until you repent and enter Islam again and do istigfar....in the meantime.....hundreds of non-Muslim men and women in USA are looking at Islam from far and you know what these people are saying?

    "You know? Islam is doing it right! There is truth in Islam. Islam have the social problems cleared out. Islam is an excellent religion."

    They have not entered Islam..but they know (not believe..there are difference) now that Islam is a true religion and Islam is correct and Islam have handled men and women issue correctly and that is NON-MUSLIM WOMEN too who are saying it.
    why are you being so harsh? have you ever had strong doubts about your faith? do you know what it feels like? obviously not. i’m in a bad state right now and i’m genuinely looking for someone to prove to me the website wrong to help me strengthen my iman. and you aren’t in any position to say who is muslim and who isn’t.

  12. Report bad ads?
  13. #10
    happymuslim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    129
    Threads
    16
    Reputation
    379
    Rep Power
    19
    Likes (Given)
    269
    Likes (Received)
    62

    Re: islam and misogyny

    Quote Originally Posted by kinda halal sis View Post
    i’m really struggling with my faith right now, i’m constantly thinking i’m doing everything wrong, and even doubting my religion. if you aren’t going through that i don’t think you have the right to say i’m ‘lacking iq points’. i’m in a really bad state and this isn’t easy for me. thanks for the insult tho, i appreciate it

    - - - Updated - - -



    why are you being so harsh? have you ever had strong doubts about your faith? do you know what it feels like? obviously not. i’m in a bad state right now and i’m genuinely looking for someone to prove to me the website wrong to help me strengthen my iman. and you aren’t in any position to say who is muslim and who isn’t.
    If you genuinely want to hear the truth on this subject I highly suggest you read this http://Gender equality in Islam<br /...8&share_type=t
    | Likes kinda halal sis liked this post

  14. #11
    xboxisdead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    781
    Threads
    82
    Reputation
    1018
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    33
    Likes (Received)
    212

    Re: islam and misogyny

    Hoooold on a second...I am not harsh. I will tell you my side of the story. YES, I went through SIMILAR situation as you are going through now! I was under dark clouds back then! I am still going through it now but not as severe as before.

    IN HAJJ I had those waswas or evil thoughts ......many times I felt my hajj is not accepted because of it.....I repeated prayers and prayers and I felt miserable...

    WHEN I CAME BACK FROM HAJJ one day IT HIT ME HARDER THAN EVER BEFORE and that is when I RAN UPSTAIRS TO MY BEDROOM ALMOST IN TEARS AND MY HAND WAS SHAKING SEVERELY...IN MANY OCCASIONS I WOULD RUN FROM MY HOUSE TO MY BROTHER'S APARTMENT...KNOCKING on his door..asking for him to open up the door, as if I was running from some killer chasing me.....

    I was shaking, I kept renewing my shahada! By the way, the difference between how I handled the situation and how you handled it, is that I renewed my shahada whenever I had these thoughts! I did not go ahead and bluntly attack Islam!...When the thoughts entered my head I was terrified to utter them, when I post my issues in forms I was BEYOND TERRIFIED of even describing the thoughts in fear I leave the fold of Islam. Instead of describing the issues..I typed I had kuffir or shirk thoughts in my head and left it at that and then asked for help. What you did though is point at Allah and said YOU ARE A WOMAN hater! That is what you did! (Astagfirullah)

    People in sites have replied back with quotes from ahadith and that made me feel better for that one day and I did shahada again and again and again.......then I asked people in real life for advice and each gave me their inputs on the matter, but the waswas lingered for many years. By the time I went to sleep, I was exhausted! I loved sleep! With sleep the issue would go away! I would hate waking up! It would come back the second I open my eyes! So yeah...I know what you are going through...I know exactly what you are going through. However, the difference between how I handled it and how you handled is I did not attack Islam or Allah because of doubt or thought where as you did.

    I am trying to save your skin...no difference when the prophet warned his people of hellfire and how to avoid entering it...he was not been harsh then...he was been merciful...I am not been harsh here...I am trying to save your skin and warn you....please renew your faith, do istigfar, repent and tackle your problem the way the sahaba tackled it. When one of the sahaba's came complaining to the prophet of these evil thoughts: they said they have kufir thoughts that they fear uttering it in their lips...they DID NOT SAY I BELIEVED in it and attacked Islam or Allah head one as you did.... You see the difference between you and them?

    You are at the adult age now sister...that means your deeds are written down...even uttering you believe in such kuffir will be written down. You need to worry where you stand here. If warning you is harsh ....then let me tell you...saying nothing about it...is EVEN WORSE. No ONE HERE in the form said anything on this matter....that is not good either!
    Last edited by *charisma*; 06-20-2019 at 02:30 PM.

  15. #12
    Mayameen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    56
    Threads
    10
    Reputation
    206
    Rep Power
    3
    Likes (Given)
    24
    Likes (Received)
    33

    Re: islam and misogyny

    Salamu Alaikum warahmatullah wabarakatuh, dear sister
    A'uthoo bilahi minish shaytanir rajeem
    Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim
    The brother is right and showed such compassion, you must renew your Shahadah, make a ghusul and repent. We have an enemy, shaytan, but we have the best of protectors Allah. It's shaytan's job to try to mislead you ,crawl, walk or run to Allah, only He can protect you. Allah doesn't change the condition of a person until that person changes their condition. Are you doing astrology? numerology? any form of magic? yoga? seeing soothsayers? You must find the opening when this attack first hit you. It could be the evil eye but you have an opening that must be shut and locked. The brother gave good nasiha retake your Shahadah, I have given advise and so have many oher brothers and sisters, dear use them, your foundation is weak, you have to strengthen it. Here's what a scholar said:



    Disturbed by Waswas (Whispers From the Shaytan) and Evil Thoughts



    09-07-2002

    Question - 25778

    When I do Salah (formal prayers) or intend to do good deeds I often get very evil thoughts in my mind. When I concentrate in Salah, and try to focus on the meaning of the words, evil thoughts enter my mind, which make evil suggestions about everything including Allah. I feel very frustrated and angry about this. I know that none forgives sins except Allah alone, but because of my thoughts I feel that there is nothing worse than to have evil thoughts about Allah. After Salah I ask Allah's forgiveness, but feel very bad because I want to stop these evil thoughts, but I can't stop them. These thoughts spoil my enjoyment of Salah, and also make me feel as though I am doomed. Please advise me.

    Answer

    Praise be to Allah

    Evil whispers during prayer and at other times come from the Shaytan, who is keen to misguide the Muslim and deprive him of good and keep it far away from him. One of the Sahabah complained to the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) about waswas during prayer, and he said: “The Shaytan comes between me and my prayers and my recitation, confusing me therein.” The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “That is a devil called Khanzab. If he affects you, seek refuge in Allah from him and spit drily to your left three times.” He (the Sahabi) said, I did that and Allah took him away from me. (Narrated by Muslim, 2203)

    Proper focus (khushoo’) is the essence of prayer. Prayer without proper focus is like a body without a soul. The following are two of the things that help one to develop the proper focus:

    1 – Striving to think about what you are saying and doing, pondering the meanings of the Quran, dhikr (words of remembrance) and du’as (supplications) that you are reciting; bearing in mind that you are conversing with Allah as if you can see Him. For when the worshipper stands to pray, he is speaking to his Lord, and ihsan (perfection of worship) means worshipping Allah as if you are seeing Him, and knowing that even though you cannot see Him, He sees you. Every time a person experiences the sweetness of prayer, he will be more inclined to do it. This depends of the level of one's faith – and there are many means of strengthening one’s faith. Hence the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, “Of the things of your world, women and perfume have been made dear to me, and my joy is in prayer.” According to another hadeeth he said, “Give us our rest through it, O Bilal (ie. with prayer),” and he did not say, give us a break from it.

    2 – Striving to ward off the things that may distract you during prayer, namely thinking about things that are irrelevant or distracting. Waswas affects each person differently, because waswas has to do with a person’s level of doubts and desires and the degree to which a person is attached to other things or fears other things.

    (From Majmoo’ Fatawa Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, 22/605)

    With regard to what you say about the waswas reaching such a great level that you have begun to experience waswas that makes you think about Allah in ways that are not appropriate, these are evil whispers from the Shaytan. Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):

    And if there comes to you from Satan an evil suggestion, then seek refuge in Allah. Indeed, He is the Hearing, the Knowing.(Fussilat 41:36)

    Some of the Sahabah complained about the waswas that was bothering them. Some of the Companions of the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and said to him, ‘We find in ourselves thoughts that are too terrible to speak of.’ He said, ‘Are you really having such thoughts?’ They said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘That is a clear sign of faith.’” (Narrated by Muslim). (Narrated by Muslim, 132 from the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah).

    Al-Nawawi said in his commentary on this hadeeth (prophetic tradition): “The Prophet’s words, ‘That is a clear sign of faith’ mean, the fact that you think of this waswas as something terrible is a clear sign of faith, for if you dare not utter it and you are so afraid of it and of speaking of it, let alone believing it, this is the sign of one who has achieved perfect faith and who is free of doubt.”

    And it was said that what it means is that the Shaytan only whispers to those whom he despairs of tempting, because he is unable to tempt them. As for the kafir (non-Muslim), he can approach him in any manner he wants and is not restricted to waswas, rather he can play with him however he wants. Based on this, what the hadeeth means is that the cause of waswas is pure faith, or that waswas is a sign of pure faith. Please see question no. 12315.

    The fact that you hate that and your heart recoils from it is a clear sign of faith. Waswas happens to everyone who turns to Allah by reciting dhikr etc. It is inevitable, but you have to be steadfast and patient, and persevere with your dhikr and prayer, and not give up, because in this way you will ward off the plot of the Shaytan. Indeed, the plot of Satan has ever been weak. Every time a person wants to turn to Allah, waswas brings other matters to mind. The Shaytan is like a bandit: every time a person wants to proceed towards Allah, he wants to block the way. Hence when it was said to one of the salaf (pious predecessors) that the Jews and Christians say, “We do not experience waswas,” he said, “They are speaking the truth, for what would the Shaytan do with a house in ruins?” (From Fatawa Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, 22/608).

    The remedy:

    1 – If you feel that you are being affected by this waswas, say, “Amantu Billahi wa Rasoolihi (I believe in Allah and His Messenger).” It was narrated from ‘Aishah that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “The Shaytan comes to one of you and says, ‘Who created you?’ And he says ‘Allah.’ Then the Shaytan says, ‘Who created Allah?’ If that happens to any one of you, let him say, Amantu Billahi wa Rusulihi (I believe in Allah and His messengers). Then that will go away from him.”(Narrated by Ahmad, 25671; classed as hasan (sound) by al-Albani in al-Saheehah, 116).

    2 – Try to stop thinking about that as much as possible, and keep busy with things that will distract you from it.

    Finally, we advise you to keep on turning to Allah in all situations, and to ask Him for help, and to beseech Him, and to ask Him to make you steadfast until death, and to cause you to die doing righteous deed.

    And Allah knows best.

    Show on Islam Q&A website.

    Categories

    Send a question

    New Answers

    Get to know Islam

    Books

    Articles

    About

  16. #13
    CuriousonTruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    418
    Threads
    26
    Reputation
    207
    Rep Power
    4
    Likes (Given)
    13
    Likes (Received)
    87

    Re: islam and misogyny

    Quote Originally Posted by kinda halal sis View Post
    i’m really struggling with my faith right now, i’m constantly thinking i’m doing everything wrong, and even doubting my religion. if you aren’t going through that i don’t think you have the right to say i’m ‘lacking iq points’. i’m in a really bad state and this isn’t easy for me. thanks for the insult tho, i appreciate it

    - - - Updated - - -



    why are you being so harsh? have you ever had strong doubts about your faith? do you know what it feels like? obviously not. i’m in a bad state right now and i’m genuinely looking for someone to prove to me the website wrong to help me strengthen my iman. and you aren’t in any position to say who is muslim and who isn’t.
    You need to give your concerns about Islam point by point. I did not read the article, so it would help understand where you are coming from.

  17. #14
    HisServant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    246
    Threads
    21
    Reputation
    1200
    Rep Power
    9
    Likes (Given)
    247
    Likes (Received)
    119

    Re: islam and misogyny

    Assalamu Alaikum,


    I agree with the above.

    It is dutiful to call upon those who have attacked Islam openly and claiming to be Muslims (whether under a bad mood, obscured mind, faced with waswas, confused in faith etc) to repent and to ensure that they are indeed Muslims, not so much for our benefit as a community but mostly as priority between an individual and his/her creator.

    It is very important to keep such doubts as doubts phrasing your questions better such as; "I am really confused what Islam says about women rights.....I have read this and this......which conflicts with such and such... can anyone guide to the truth?" To seek to understand your religion correctly by verifying with the right sources (Quran and Ahadith as interpreted by recognized traditional and contemporary scholars of Islam)

    It is additionally important never to react to personal attacks by targeting the very faith which in fact honors you (with favorable rights) and uplifts (encourages, motivates and guides) to ultimate success. May Allah forgive you and us all. Ameen.
    Last edited by HisServant; 06-20-2019 at 03:44 PM.
    islam and misogyny


  18. Report bad ads?
  19. #15
    Mayameen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    56
    Threads
    10
    Reputation
    206
    Rep Power
    3
    Likes (Given)
    24
    Likes (Received)
    33

    Re: islam and misogyny

    Quote Originally Posted by HisServant View Post
    Assalamu Alaikum,


    I agree with the above.

    It is dutiful to call upon those who have attacked Islam openly and claiming to be Muslims (whether under a bad mood, obscured mind, faced with waswas, confused in faith etc) to repent and to ensure that they are indeed Muslims, not so much for our benefit as a community but mostly as priority between an individual and his/her creator.

    It is very important to keep such doubts as doubts phrasing your questions better such as; "I am really confused what Islam says about women rights.....I have read this and this......which conflicts with such and such... can anyone guide to the truth?" To seek to understand your religion correctly by verifying with the right sources (Quran and Ahadith as interpreted by recognized traditional and contemporary scholars of Islam)

    It is additionally important never to react to personal attacks by targeting the very faith which in fact honors you (with favorable rights) and uplifts (encourages, motivates and guides) to ultimate success. May Allah forgive you and us all. Ameen.
    Ameen

  20. #16
    Mayameen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    56
    Threads
    10
    Reputation
    206
    Rep Power
    3
    Likes (Given)
    24
    Likes (Received)
    33

    Re: islam and misogyny

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayameen View Post
    Salamu Alaikum warahmatullah wabarakatuh, dear sister
    A'uthoo bilahi minish shaytanir rajeem
    Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim
    The brother is right and showed such compassion, you must renew your Shahadah, make a ghusul and repent. We have an enemy, shaytan, but we have the best of protectors Allah. It's shaytan's job to try to mislead you ,crawl, walk or run to Allah, only He can protect you. Allah doesn't change the condition of a person until that person changes their condition. Are you doing astrology? numerology? any form of magic? yoga? seeing soothsayers? You must find the opening when this attack first hit you. It could be the evil eye but you have an opening that must be shut and locked. The brother gave good nasiha retake your Shahadah, I have given advise and so have many oher brothers and sisters, dear use them, your foundation is weak, you have to strengthen it. Here's what a scholar said:



    Disturbed by Waswas (Whispers From the Shaytan) and Evil Thoughts



    09-07-2002

    Question - 25778

    When I do Salah (formal prayers) or intend to do good deeds I often get very evil thoughts in my mind. When I concentrate in Salah, and try to focus on the meaning of the words, evil thoughts enter my mind, which make evil suggestions about everything including Allah. I feel very frustrated and angry about this. I know that none forgives sins except Allah alone, but because of my thoughts I feel that there is nothing worse than to have evil thoughts about Allah. After Salah I ask Allah's forgiveness, but feel very bad because I want to stop these evil thoughts, but I can't stop them. These thoughts spoil my enjoyment of Salah, and also make me feel as though I am doomed. Please advise me.

    Answer

    Praise be to Allah

    Evil whispers during prayer and at other times come from the Shaytan, who is keen to misguide the Muslim and deprive him of good and keep it far away from him. One of the Sahabah complained to the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) about waswas during prayer, and he said: “The Shaytan comes between me and my prayers and my recitation, confusing me therein.” The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “That is a devil called Khanzab. If he affects you, seek refuge in Allah from him and spit drily to your left three times.” He (the Sahabi) said, I did that and Allah took him away from me. (Narrated by Muslim, 2203)

    Proper focus (khushoo’) is the essence of prayer. Prayer without proper focus is like a body without a soul. The following are two of the things that help one to develop the proper focus:

    1 – Striving to think about what you are saying and doing, pondering the meanings of the Quran, dhikr (words of remembrance) and du’as (supplications) that you are reciting; bearing in mind that you are conversing with Allah as if you can see Him. For when the worshipper stands to pray, he is speaking to his Lord, and ihsan (perfection of worship) means worshipping Allah as if you are seeing Him, and knowing that even though you cannot see Him, He sees you. Every time a person experiences the sweetness of prayer, he will be more inclined to do it. This depends of the level of one's faith – and there are many means of strengthening one’s faith. Hence the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, “Of the things of your world, women and perfume have been made dear to me, and my joy is in prayer.” According to another hadeeth he said, “Give us our rest through it, O Bilal (ie. with prayer),” and he did not say, give us a break from it.

    2 – Striving to ward off the things that may distract you during prayer, namely thinking about things that are irrelevant or distracting. Waswas affects each person differently, because waswas has to do with a person’s level of doubts and desires and the degree to which a person is attached to other things or fears other things.

    (From Majmoo’ Fatawa Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, 22/605)

    With regard to what you say about the waswas reaching such a great level that you have begun to experience waswas that makes you think about Allah in ways that are not appropriate, these are evil whispers from the Shaytan. Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):

    And if there comes to you from Satan an evil suggestion, then seek refuge in Allah. Indeed, He is the Hearing, the Knowing.(Fussilat 41:36)

    Some of the Sahabah complained about the waswas that was bothering them. Some of the Companions of the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and said to him, ‘We find in ourselves thoughts that are too terrible to speak of.’ He said, ‘Are you really having such thoughts?’ They said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘That is a clear sign of faith.’” (Narrated by Muslim). (Narrated by Muslim, 132 from the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah).

    Al-Nawawi said in his commentary on this hadeeth (prophetic tradition): “The Prophet’s words, ‘That is a clear sign of faith’ mean, the fact that you think of this waswas as something terrible is a clear sign of faith, for if you dare not utter it and you are so afraid of it and of speaking of it, let alone believing it, this is the sign of one who has achieved perfect faith and who is free of doubt.”

    And it was said that what it means is that the Shaytan only whispers to those whom he despairs of tempting, because he is unable to tempt them. As for the kafir (non-Muslim), he can approach him in any manner he wants and is not restricted to waswas, rather he can play with him however he wants. Based on this, what the hadeeth means is that the cause of waswas is pure faith, or that waswas is a sign of pure faith. Please see question no. 12315.

    The fact that you hate that and your heart recoils from it is a clear sign of faith. Waswas happens to everyone who turns to Allah by reciting dhikr etc. It is inevitable, but you have to be steadfast and patient, and persevere with your dhikr and prayer, and not give up, because in this way you will ward off the plot of the Shaytan. Indeed, the plot of Satan has ever been weak. Every time a person wants to turn to Allah, waswas brings other matters to mind. The Shaytan is like a bandit: every time a person wants to proceed towards Allah, he wants to block the way. Hence when it was said to one of the salaf (pious predecessors) that the Jews and Christians say, “We do not experience waswas,” he said, “They are speaking the truth, for what would the Shaytan do with a house in ruins?” (From Fatawa Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, 22/608).

    The remedy:

    1 – If you feel that you are being affected by this waswas, say, “Amantu Billahi wa Rasoolihi (I believe in Allah and His Messenger).” It was narrated from ‘Aishah that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “The Shaytan comes to one of you and says, ‘Who created you?’ And he says ‘Allah.’ Then the Shaytan says, ‘Who created Allah?’ If that happens to any one of you, let him say, Amantu Billahi wa Rusulihi (I believe in Allah and His messengers). Then that will go away from him.”(Narrated by Ahmad, 25671; classed as hasan (sound) by al-Albani in al-Saheehah, 116).

    2 – Try to stop thinking about that as much as possible, and keep busy with things that will distract you from it.

    Finally, we advise you to keep on turning to Allah in all situations, and to ask Him for help, and to beseech Him, and to ask Him to make you steadfast until death, and to cause you to die doing righteous deed.

    And Allah knows best.

    Show on Islam Q&A website.

    Categories

    Send a question

    New Answers

    Get to know Islam

    Books

    Articles

    About
    Surely God does not change the conditions in which a people are in until they change that which is in themselves… (13:11).”

    In the Quran, Adam and Eve take responsibility for their mistake of eating from the forbidden tree:

    “They (Adam and Eve) said, ‘Our Lord, we have wronged ourselves..’” (7:23)

    Shaytan, however, blames Allah for his situation:

    “(Satan) said, ‘Because You have put me in error, I will surely sit in wait for them on your straight path.’” (7:16)

  21. #17
    kinda halal sis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    22
    Threads
    18
    Reputation
    15
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    9
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Re: islam and misogyny

    Quote Originally Posted by xboxisdead View Post
    Hoooold on a second...I am not harsh. I will tell you my side of the story. YES, I went through SIMILAR situation as you are going through now! I was under dark clouds back then! I am still going through it now but not as severe as before.

    IN HAJJ I had those waswas or evil thoughts ......many times I felt my hajj is not accepted because of it.....I repeated prayers and prayers and I felt miserable...

    WHEN I CAME BACK FROM HAJJ one day IT HIT ME HARDER THAN EVER BEFORE and that is when I RAN UPSTAIRS TO MY BEDROOM ALMOST IN TEARS AND MY HAND WAS SHAKING SEVERELY...IN MANY OCCASIONS I WOULD RUN FROM MY HOUSE TO MY BROTHER'S APARTMENT...KNOCKING on his door..asking for him to open up the door, as if I was running from some killer chasing me.....

    I was shaking, I kept renewing my shahada! By the way, the difference between how I handled the situation and how you handled it, is that I renewed my shahada whenever I had these thoughts! I did not go ahead and bluntly attack Islam!...When the thoughts entered my head I was terrified to utter them, when I post my issues in forms I was BEYOND TERRIFIED of even describing the thoughts in fear I leave the fold of Islam. Instead of describing the issues..I typed I had kuffir or shirk thoughts in my head and left it at that and then asked for help. What you did though is point at Allah and said YOU ARE A WOMAN hater! That is what you did! (Astagfirullah)

    People in sites have replied back with quotes from ahadith and that made me feel better for that one day and I did shahada again and again and again.......then I asked people in real life for advice and each gave me their inputs on the matter, but the waswas lingered for many years. By the time I went to sleep, I was exhausted! I loved sleep! With sleep the issue would go away! I would hate waking up! It would come back the second I open my eyes! So yeah...I know what you are going through...I know exactly what you are going through. However, the difference between how I handled it and how you handled is I did not attack Islam or Allah because of doubt or thought where as you did.

    I am trying to save your skin...no difference when the prophet warned his people of hellfire and how to avoid entering it...he was not been harsh then...he was been merciful...I am not been harsh here...I am trying to save your skin and warn you....please renew your faith, do istigfar, repent and tackle your problem the way the sahaba tackled it. When one of the sahaba's came complaining to the prophet of these evil thoughts: they said they have kufir thoughts that they fear uttering it in their lips...they DID NOT SAY I BELIEVED in it and attacked Islam or Allah head one as you did.... You see the difference between you and them?

    You are at the adult age now sister...that means your deeds are written down...even uttering you believe in such kuffir will be written down. You need to worry where you stand here. If warning you is harsh ....then let me tell you...saying nothing about it...is EVEN WORSE. No ONE HERE in the form said anything on this matter....that is not good either!
    salam,
    i know you were trying to help me, jazakallah for that, however i don’t think you understand my intention. i read that website because i wanted to prove to myself islam isn’t sexist, it seemed to be an islamic website however, obviously, i wasn’t. it caused me to have doubts (merely doubts, not certainty) and i never intended to say allah was a ‘woman hater’. astaghfirullah. i came here for reassurance because i knew this forum is only for muslims. but please try to be a bit more understanding next time, your words hurt me, however insha’allah your intentions were pure. may allah guide me and you, thank you.
    | Likes HisServant liked this post

  22. #18
    kinda halal sis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    22
    Threads
    18
    Reputation
    15
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    9
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Re: islam and misogyny

    okay, no more replies please.
    most of these aren’t helping.
    i’m unable to delete or edit this thread but i’ve done research, my iman was strengthened, i’m confident that i am a muslim. alhamdulillah. please pretend this never happened - it’s embarassing, to say the least. i’m logging off so i won’t be reading replies anyways. may allah bless us all and guide us ameen.

  23. #19
    eesa the kiwi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,548
    Threads
    166
    Reputation
    8027
    Rep Power
    33
    Likes (Given)
    373
    Likes (Received)
    939

    Re: islam and misogyny

    Quote Originally Posted by kinda halal sis View Post
    okay, no more replies please.
    most of these aren’t helping.
    i’m unable to delete or edit this thread but i’ve done research, my iman was strengthened, i’m confident that i am a muslim. alhamdulillah. please pretend this never happened - it’s embarassing, to say the least. i’m logging off so i won’t be reading replies anyways. may allah bless us all and guide us ameen.
    May Allah bless you and strengthen your conviction

    Thread closed
    islam and misogyny

    The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.~ Imam Malik (may Allah have mercy on him)


  24. Hide
Hey there! islam and misogyny Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. islam and misogyny
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-24-2011, 04:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
create