× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 39
  1. #1
    asadxyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Posts
    438
    Threads
    37
    Reputation
    1261
    Rep Power
    81
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Eye opener for Atheists

    Report bad ads?

    Eye opener for Atheists

    Who can be more irrational than those who say: Design is possible without a designer ??

  2. Report bad ads?
  3. #2
    ranma1/2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Japan
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Posts
    1,095
    Threads
    27
    Reputation
    595
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Eye opener for Atheists

    And??????

    You have problem with spain?

  4. #3
    Isambard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Posts
    764
    Threads
    16
    Reputation
    1547
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Eye opener for Atheists

    I thought this was more interesting
    http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...ons-per-capita

    Or maybe more relevant, this
    http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...ting-to-police

    Anyway, how is this an eye opener for atheists?

  5. #4
    guyabano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Posts
    1,076
    Threads
    102
    Reputation
    3407
    Rep Power
    90
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Re: Eye opener for Atheists

    Eye opener for muslims:

    (Taken from the same webpage than the OP's)

    Statistics terrorism Iraq

    Now if you like to open the eyes to non-muslims, be sure at least, your back is covered and you will not become victim of your own weapons
    Eye opener for Atheists

    Im Always Right,Its Like,When Im Right,Im Right,And When Im Wrong,I Could've Been Right,So Im Still Right,'Cause I Could've Been Wrong!

  6. Report bad ads?
  7. #5
    Karina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    UK
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Posts
    310
    Threads
    19
    Reputation
    2438
    Rep Power
    83
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    7

    Re: Eye opener for Atheists

    DEFINITION: Total recorded robberies. Crime statistics are often better indicators of prevalence of law enforcement and willingness to report crime, than actual prevalence. Per capita figures expressed per 1,000 population.

    SOURCE: Seventh United Nations Survey of Crime Trends and Operations of Criminal Justice Systems, covering the period 1998 - 2000 (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, Centre for International Crime Prevention)
    (From the same source - if you read further)

    Not sure why stats that are from a two year period ending almost 8 years ago would be relevent now?

    Also - not sure why this is an "Eye Opener for Atheists"?? Please could you explain? Sorry it's early and I have not quite woken up yet!

    :confused:
    Last edited by Karina; 08-31-2007 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Typo!

  8. #6
    Karina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    UK
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Posts
    310
    Threads
    19
    Reputation
    2438
    Rep Power
    83
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    7

    Re: Eye opener for Atheists

    Woah. I've just read some of your previous posts. You've really got a problem with Atheists haven't you?

    Last edited by Karina; 08-31-2007 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Typo!

  9. #7
    Science101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts, USA
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Posts
    240
    Threads
    19
    Reputation
    557
    Rep Power
    79
    Likes (Given)
    5
    Likes (Received)
    14

    Re: Eye opener for Atheists

    I'm not an Atheist, but have reason to believe that website has bad stats.

    The US and UK may like to believe that they are leading the war on terror globally, but the country that has had to face the worst of terrorist attacks on its own soil, barring war-torn Iraq, is India.

    In fact, India has since 2004 lost more lives to terrorist incidents than all of North America, South America, Central America, Europe and Eurasia put together. All of these vast swathes of the globe lost a total of 3,280 lives in terrorist incidents between January 2004 and March this year. India alone lost 3,674 lives over the same period of three years and three months.
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/I...ow/2312796.cms

  10. #8
    asadxyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Posts
    438
    Threads
    37
    Reputation
    1261
    Rep Power
    81
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Re: Eye opener for Atheists

    Along with these Crimes , Porn is very prevalent in Atheist societies?
    Do atheist trade Prostituition houses ?because they say that Porn is not immoral.
    Eye opener for Atheists

    Who can be more irrational than those who say: Design is possible without a designer ??

  11. #9
    Karina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    UK
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Posts
    310
    Threads
    19
    Reputation
    2438
    Rep Power
    83
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    7

    Re: Eye opener for Atheists

    Quote Originally Posted by asadxyz View Post
    Along with these Crimes , Porn is very prevalent in Atheist societies?
    Do atheist trade Prostituition houses ?because they say that Porn is not immoral.
    OK. So do you have the same general opinion about me, an Agnostic? Just wondering. By your logic I must also fall into your "immoral" category surley?

    Also, you seem to be quite pre-occupied with porn! (judging by your previous posts in this forum)

    I think that you should be cautious not to label all atheists as pro-porn just because of one person's opinion is a previous thread.

    Anyway - back to your original post - please explain? I'm not sure what you are trying to show in your links....

  12. Report bad ads?
  13. #10
    ranma1/2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Japan
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Posts
    1,095
    Threads
    27
    Reputation
    595
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Eye opener for Atheists

    so what is your point and evidence?
    And which of these is an atheist society?

  14. #11
    Abdul Fattah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Belgium, Gent
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,931
    Threads
    36
    Reputation
    12991
    Rep Power
    100
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    71

    Re: Eye opener for Atheists

    Quote Originally Posted by guyabano View Post
    Eye opener for muslims:

    (Taken from the same webpage than the OP's)

    Statistics terrorism Iraq

    Now if you like to open the eyes to non-muslims, be sure at least, your back is covered and you will not become victim of your own weapons
    Yeah du-uh, have you not seen the news lately? Very cheap to pin this on Islam, especially for someone who's been around here for a while and should know better.

    Iraq was already an islamic country before US invaded, and back then the terrorism was way down compared to now. So apearently the number is not high because it's a Muslim country (like you suggested) But rather because it's a country at war (first war with us then civil war)!
    And??????

    You have problem with spain?
    scroll down to the bottom of the list
    Last edited by Abdul Fattah; 08-31-2007 at 10:48 AM.
    Eye opener for Atheists

    Check out my website for my conversion story.
    Check out my free e-book if you like reading drama-novels.

  15. #12
    guyabano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Posts
    1,076
    Threads
    102
    Reputation
    3407
    Rep Power
    90
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Re: Eye opener for Atheists

    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul Fattah View Post
    Yeah du-uh, have you not seen the news lately? Very cheap to pin this on Islam, especially for someone who's been around here for a while and should know better.

    Iraq was already an islamic country before US invaded, and back then the terrorism was way down compared to now. So apearently the number is not high because it's a Muslim country (like you suggested) But rather because it's a country at war (first war with us then civil war)!

    scroll down to the bottom of the list


    Oh, cheap ? Well, but the words of the OP 'Eye-Opener for Atheists' , this one you didn't comment ?

    Besides, i didn't make these stats. According to your logic-thinking, every stats about middle east countries are fakes, but about west are true.. ppphhewww !?

    It's well known that hardly statistics exist from middle east countries, like raping, murdering, divorce, homosexuality, because all these data are swiped under the carpet coz nobody like to speak about.

    But I'm pretty sure, you will find something to refute this.

    @asadxyz

    Stop your annoying and boring words about the generalizing of non-muslims being automatically porn obsessed.
    It was often more the fact that specially persons often speaking about it are the biggest perverts.
    Last edited by guyabano; 08-31-2007 at 11:52 AM.
    Eye opener for Atheists

    Im Always Right,Its Like,When Im Right,Im Right,And When Im Wrong,I Could've Been Right,So Im Still Right,'Cause I Could've Been Wrong!

  16. #13
    strider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    West Midlands, England, United Kingdom
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Posts
    1,147
    Threads
    7
    Reputation
    2706
    Rep Power
    95
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Re: Eye opener for Atheists

    Just because it isn't reported and included in statistics, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

    It= anything you want 'it' to be e.g. robbery.

  17. #14
    Trumble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Buddhist
    Posts
    3,275
    Threads
    21
    Reputation
    10492
    Rep Power
    96
    Likes (Given)
    4
    Likes (Received)
    20

    Re: Eye opener for Atheists

    Let's see;

    Taking the first set of stats the first three countries are all predominantly Catholic, not 'atheist'. The nearest thing, probably, there currently is to an 'atheist' country is China, with a quarter or so of the worlds population. Could somebody point out China on the list for me - surely it should be an absolute hotbed of crime? The stats have far more to do with wealth differentials, assorted cultural factors (you would be amazed at the effect mobile phone distribution has, I suspect), the nature of the justice system and the nature of crime recording procedures.

    In short, its not an "eye opener" for anything, at least in the context of religion. You could plausibly argue (although not on the basis of this evidence) that those who follow a particular moral code for religious reasons are less likely to commit crime, but that has no relevance to 'atheism'; no relation as to whether anyone should believe in God or not. The predominantly Buddhist countries aren't on the list, either.

  18. Report bad ads?
  19. #15
    asadxyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Posts
    438
    Threads
    37
    Reputation
    1261
    Rep Power
    81
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Re: Eye opener for Atheists

    Quote Originally Posted by Karina View Post
    OK.
    I think that you should be cautious not to label all atheists as pro-porn just because of one person's opinion is a previous thread.

    ....
    That is true.But it is only atheists who say "Porn is not immoral" .Why shouldn't I generalize it?
    Can any religious person say like that??
    The answer is "NO" .Because no religion can teach such "non sense" things.Only an highly irrational mind can talk like this.
    Eye opener for Atheists

    Who can be more irrational than those who say: Design is possible without a designer ??

  20. #16
    Karina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    UK
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Posts
    310
    Threads
    19
    Reputation
    2438
    Rep Power
    83
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    7

    Re: Eye opener for Atheists

    Quote Originally Posted by asadxyz View Post
    That is true.But it is only atheists who say "Porn is not immoral" .Why shouldn't I generalize it?
    Can any religious person say like that??
    The answer is "NO" .Because no religion can teach such "non sense" things.Only an highly irrational mind can talk like this.
    Why the pre-occupation with porn? And why the pre-occupation with Atheists in general....? You seem to be generally hacked off with them - Agnostics too?

    Anyways, in my opinion.... *religion is not the solution to the world's problems*. Nuff said.

    (Ooops, how predictable am I??! Don't bother replying to that statement - I know you all disagree! Just threw it in for good measure)

    kay:

  21. #17
    guyabano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Posts
    1,076
    Threads
    102
    Reputation
    3407
    Rep Power
    90
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Re: Eye opener for Atheists

    I have a serious question for you:

    Have you ever been in the west? I mean, see average families, deal with 'normal' people, christians, agnostics, atheists, etc.... or do you only get your sources out of fanatic magazines? Why this hatred against the whole west?

    I mean, I live among average persons, have a house, 2 kids, a wife. She's christian, my kids are raised christians, and hey, we are NOT PORN addicted. In fact, nobody cares for that. Neither my neighbours, who have already past 60, they also dunnot watch porn, etc.
    We all have a moral code, live a normal life, far away from harm. We obey to the laws, our governement made us, and we are not guilty of any crime.

    So why you are always so annoying with this porn stuff? Me, personally, it does not affect but hey, you make yourself look ridiculous.
    Eye opener for Atheists

    Im Always Right,Its Like,When Im Right,Im Right,And When Im Wrong,I Could've Been Right,So Im Still Right,'Cause I Could've Been Wrong!

  22. #18
    Md Mashud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    London
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Posts
    403
    Threads
    5
    Reputation
    2455
    Rep Power
    87
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Eye opener for Atheists

    Brothers and sisters, do not make your goal to insult or degrade people of other nations -this is not how you show the beuty of Islam. I know your intentions, but remember a great dawah is your characteristics, attitudes and behaviour to all people around you, even on the forum! Really telling Christians, Jews or Atheists they are dirty, crimewhoring, the cause of all evil etc will not help you or them!
    Eye opener for Atheists

    Fight in the way of God, against those who fight against you, drive them out of the places they have drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. Fight them, until persecution is no more, and Religion is for God. But if they stop, let there be no war.


  23. #19
    asadxyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Posts
    438
    Threads
    37
    Reputation
    1261
    Rep Power
    81
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Re: Eye opener for Atheists

    Quote Originally Posted by Karina View Post
    Anyways, in my opinion.... *religion is not the solution to the world's problems*. Nuff said.

    kay:
    You may say but in fact "atheists " are the root cause of all problems in the world.
    No religion -----------> No moral code -----------> anarchy-----------> crimes --------------> immorality
    Eye opener for Atheists

    Who can be more irrational than those who say: Design is possible without a designer ??

  24. Report bad ads?
  25. #20
    asadxyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Posts
    438
    Threads
    37
    Reputation
    1261
    Rep Power
    81
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Re: Eye opener for Atheists

    Quote Originally Posted by Md Mashud View Post
    Brothers and sisters, do not make your goal to insult or degrade people of other nations -this is not how you show the beuty of Islam. I know your intentions, but remember a great dawah is your characteristics, attitudes and behaviour to all people around you, even on the forum! Really telling Christians, Jews or Atheists they are dirty, crimewhoring, the cause of all evil etc will not help you or them!
    Christians and Jews believe in God.They do not have irrational thought like:
    "Design is possible without a designer"
    evidence =Nil
    Eye opener for Atheists

    Who can be more irrational than those who say: Design is possible without a designer ??


  26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Eye opener for Atheists Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Eye opener for Atheists
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. To atheists...
    By Fishman in forum Comparative religion
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 07-16-2006, 07:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
create