× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 11 of 11 visibility 2200

Does the trinity make sense?

  1. #1
    eesa the kiwi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    3,953
    Threads
    337
    Rep Power
    54
    Rep Ratio
    27
    Likes Ratio
    35

    Does the trinity make sense?

    Report bad ads?



    Deen show special
    Does the trinity make sense?

    “Allah gave you a gift of 86,000 seconds today, have you used one to say ‘Alhamdulilah"
    chat Quote

  2. Report bad ads?
  3. #2
    Eric H's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    uk
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    3,750
    Threads
    33
    Rep Power
    135
    Rep Ratio
    137
    Likes Ratio
    78

    Re: Does the trinity make sense?

    Greetings and peace be with you eesa,

    When scripture does not make sense to us; does that mean scripture is wrong? Or is our understanding incomplete?

    The Bible refers to a husband and wife as being 'As One'. We know they are two persons; so what would make them 'As One'? Could it be they are as One with God and his purpose, they are as one with each other and with their children. Does this oneness refer to loving God with all our heart, mind, soul and strength; and loving our neighbours as we love ourselves; in obedience to God and his purpose.

    May Allah bless you and all those you love and care for,
    Eric
    | Likes anatolian liked this post
    Does the trinity make sense?

    You will never look into the eyes of anyone who does not matter to God.
    chat Quote

  4. #3
    eesa the kiwi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    3,953
    Threads
    337
    Rep Power
    54
    Rep Ratio
    27
    Likes Ratio
    35

    Re: Does the trinity make sense?

    format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H View Post
    Greetings and peace be with you eesa,

    When scripture does not make sense to us; does that mean scripture is wrong? Or is our understanding incomplete?

    The Bible refers to a husband and wife as being 'As One'. We know they are two persons; so what would make them 'As One'? Could it be they are as One with God and his purpose, they are as one with each other and with their children. Does this oneness refer to loving God with all our heart, mind, soul and strength; and loving our neighbours as we love ourselves; in obedience to God and his purpose.

    May Allah bless you and all those you love and care for,
    Eric

    Hi Eric Good to see you still posting , I hope you are well

    The thing is the speech of jesus alayhi Salam does not back this concept up

    Surely your concern as a Christian would be to find the true message of jesus and follow it.

    I have a question for you as a person who claims to be a follower of Jesus alayhi Salam.

    If jesus taught that he was not divine rather was a noble prophet would you follow him in this? Or would you reject him and insist on worshiping an idol of him.

    Food for thought
    Does the trinity make sense?

    “Allah gave you a gift of 86,000 seconds today, have you used one to say ‘Alhamdulilah"
    chat Quote

  5. #4
    Spiritlead's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    59
    Threads
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Ratio
    10
    Likes Ratio
    6

    Re: Does the trinity make sense?

    Why the Trinity makes sense -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op_i1w9zc6U
    chat Quote

  6. Report bad ads?
  7. #5
    Spiritlead's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    59
    Threads
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Ratio
    10
    Likes Ratio
    6

    Re: Does the trinity make sense?

    format_quote Originally Posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
    Hi Eric Good to see you still posting , I hope you are well

    The thing is the speech of jesus alayhi Salam does not back this concept up

    Surely your concern as a Christian would be to find the true message of jesus and follow it.

    I have a question for you as a person who claims to be a follower of Jesus alayhi Salam.

    If jesus taught that he was not divine rather was a noble prophet would you follow him in this? Or would you reject him and insist on worshiping an idol of him.

    Food for thought
    Please allow me to jump in.

    Do you realise that Christians believe in only One God? Do you realise the term Trinity is not even found in the Bible? The concept however does. Please provide evidence that the speech of Jesus does not support the Trinity.

    You mention the “true” message of Jesus.” Read the Injil and you will come to the same conclusion as Christians. Oh and there is no “other Injil of Jesus”. There never was and I dare you to prove differently.

    ---

    You ask “ If jesus taught that he was not divine rather was a noble prophet would i follow him in this?” Answer. No. because my experience is that I have accessed a genuine relationship with God through Jesus The Son. No idol there. Just a real relationship with The Father through The Son.

    Food for thought.
    Last edited by Muhammad; 12-04-2021 at 05:16 PM. Reason: That question comes across as offensive and insulting. You could have worded that differently
    chat Quote

  8. #6
    eesa the kiwi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    3,953
    Threads
    337
    Rep Power
    54
    Rep Ratio
    27
    Likes Ratio
    35

    Re: Does the trinity make sense?

    format_quote Originally Posted by Spiritlead View Post
    Please allow me to jump in.

    Do you realise that Christians believe in only One God? Do you realise the term Trinity is not even found in the Bible? The concept however does. Please provide evidence that the speech of Jesus does not support the Trinity.

    You mention the “true” message of Jesus.” Read the Injil and you will come to the same conclusion as Christians. Oh and there is no “other Injil of Jesus”. There never was and I dare you to prove differently.

    ---

    You ask “ If jesus taught that he was not divine rather was a noble prophet would i follow him in this?” Answer. No. because my experience is that I have accessed a genuine relationship with God through Jesus The Son. No idol there. Just a real relationship with The Father through The Son.

    Food for thought.

    Hi spirit lead hope you are well

    Sorry for the late reply. You didn't by any chance watch the video I linked because it was kind of the point of the thread to discuss it

    SubhanAllah that's a heavy statement of yours. You would blatantly disobey jesus if he instructed you to not worship him as an idol

    That statement alone kind of tells me I'm wasting my time but any who

    Firstly before I start discussing with you may I suggest you drop the attitude. Being harsh and obnoxious with how you interact with people is not the way of Islam or christianity so unless you are on some third religion lose the chip on your shoulder. It's a discussion forum people discuss things here. No one here is your enemy. If we can't agree at least we can come to respect and understand each other.

    Now back to your post

    You claim to have a relationship with jesus alayhi Salam and that is your evidence for christianity being true.

    This line of reasoning is useless to prove a religion. Hindus say they have sincere relationships with Shiva or whoever's it is they worship. Would you accept their relationship as evidence?

    No of course you wouldn't. They could be delusional, they could have fooled themselves they could be being emotionally manipulated by a devil. Many possibilities but one thing we can rule out is the plastic idol being worshipped is a god.

    I think we can both agree Hinduism is false and such an argument is irrelevant.



    I suggest you spend more time studying with a critical and open mind. It's the message that counts. Our feelings are irrelevant if the oppose the truth

    Enjoy the rest of your day
    Last edited by Muhammad; 12-06-2021 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Editing fixed
    | Likes Eric H liked this post
    Does the trinity make sense?

    “Allah gave you a gift of 86,000 seconds today, have you used one to say ‘Alhamdulilah"
    chat Quote

  9. #7
    Eric H's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    uk
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    3,750
    Threads
    33
    Rep Power
    135
    Rep Ratio
    137
    Likes Ratio
    78

    Re: Does the trinity make sense?

    Greetings and peace be with you eesa;

    format_quote Originally Posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
    one thing we can rule out is the plastic idol being worshipped is a god.
    Anything we worship more than God is an idol. But I sense the real idols most of us worship in some way are the seven deadly sins; pride, greed, wrath, envy, lust, gluttony and sloth.

    Blessings,
    Eric
    Does the trinity make sense?

    You will never look into the eyes of anyone who does not matter to God.
    chat Quote

  10. #8
    Spiritlead's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    59
    Threads
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Ratio
    10
    Likes Ratio
    6

    Re: Does the trinity make sense?

    format_quote Originally Posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
    Hi spirit lead hope you are well

    Sorry for the late reply. You didn't by any chance watch the video I linked because it was kind of the point of the thread to discuss it

    SubhanAllah that's a heavy statement of yours. You would blatantly disobey jesus if he instructed you to not worship him as an idol

    That statement alone kind of tells me I'm wasting my time but any who

    Firstly before I start discussing with you may I suggest you drop the attitude. Being harsh and obnoxious with how you interact with people is not the way of Islam or christianity so unless you are on some third religion lose the chip on your shoulder. It's a discussion forum people discuss things here. No one here is your enemy. If we can't agree at least we can come to respect and understand each other.

    Now back to your post

    You claim to have a relationship with jesus alayhi Salam and that is your evidence for christianity being true.

    This line of reasoning is useless to prove a religion. Hindus say they have sincere relationships with Shiva or whoever's it is they worship. Would you accept their relationship as evidence?

    No of course you wouldn't. They could be delusional, they could have fooled themselves they could be being emotionally manipulated by a devil. Many possibilities but one thing we can rule out is the plastic idol being worshipped is a god.

    I think we can both agree Hinduism is false and such an argument is irrelevant.



    I suggest you spend more time studying with a critical and open mind. It's the message that counts. Our feelings are irrelevant if the oppose the truth

    Enjoy the rest of your day
    Hello Esa Kiwi. Thank you for the reply. Harsh and obnoxious. Really ? I will keep your advice in mind but I think you are being overly sensitive. Also I find your attempts at entrapment with mind and word games to be lacking in integrity. Have I watched the video? No. Because I’m not really interested in the ‘trinity’ and more interested in your points to Eric. As you obviously have an interest in the trinity did you watch the link I posted ? That said however I note you haven’t answered my points so I will repeat them. Do you realise that Christians believe in only One God? Do you realise the term Trinity is not even found in the Bible? The concept however does. Please provide evidence that the speech of Jesus does not support the Trinity.
    “Blatantly disobey Jesus”. I think you are more interested in playing word / mind games than honest discussion. I have a question for you as a person who claims to be a follower of Mohamad.--
    You mention the “true” message of Jesus.” Read the Injil and you will come to the same conclusion as Christians. And there is no “other Injil of Jesus”. There never was and you will not be able to prove differently.
    I disagree. A relationship with God The Father through Christ Jesus God The Son is the ultimate evidence for a religion. And yes I would accept a Hindu relationship as evidence as something real for them. However one needs to look at the fruit or outworking of a persons religious experience. And what I see in the Hindu experience does not impress me. What about you Esa Kiwi. Do you have a real experience with God? Or is it just rules and intellect ?
    Last edited by Muhammad; 12-08-2021 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Again I have removed this 'question' as it is simply an insult and baseless allegations disguised as a question
    chat Quote

  11. #9
    Predator's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    971
    Threads
    60
    Rep Power
    91
    Rep Ratio
    150
    Likes Ratio
    18

    Re: Does the trinity make sense?

    Eric ,I am sure you know that in 10 commands it's forbidden to make and worship idols

    You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below

    Exodus 20:4

    Are you saying that you are rejecting that commandment and that the real idols are pride, greed, wrath, envy, lust, gluttony and sloth.
    Does the trinity make sense?

    When truth is hurled at falsehood , falsehood perishes. because falsehood by its nature is bound to perish [21:18- Holy quran]
    chat Quote

  12. Report bad ads?
  13. #10
    Eric H's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    uk
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    3,750
    Threads
    33
    Rep Power
    135
    Rep Ratio
    137
    Likes Ratio
    78

    Re: Does the trinity make sense?

    Peace be with you Predator,

    format_quote Originally Posted by Predator View Post
    Eric ,I am sure you know that in 10 commands it's forbidden to make and worship idols
    Idols take many forms. If we make a stone idol and call it god, then clearly this stone idol is not god and cannot help us. We would be a fool to think otherwise.

    However if you are always chasing after more money, bigger houses, more cars etc, then greed becomes your idol. Because you spend your time worshiping money when you could be worshipping Allah. The same goes for pride, wrath, envy, lust, gluttony and sloth. Our sins separate us from God.

    Colossians 3
    5 Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry.
    Does the trinity make sense?

    You will never look into the eyes of anyone who does not matter to God.
    chat Quote

  14. #11
    anatolian's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Turkey
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,793
    Threads
    47
    Rep Power
    93
    Rep Ratio
    31
    Likes Ratio
    58

    Re: Does the trinity make sense?

    format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H View Post
    Greetings and peace be with you eesa,

    When scripture does not make sense to us; does that mean scripture is wrong? Or is our understanding incomplete?

    The Bible refers to a husband and wife as being 'As One'. We know they are two persons; so what would make them 'As One'? Could it be they are as One with God and his purpose, they are as one with each other and with their children. Does this oneness refer to loving God with all our heart, mind, soul and strength; and loving our neighbours as we love ourselves; in obedience to God and his purpose.

    May Allah bless you and all those you love and care for,
    Eric
    Hello Eric

    You explain it with your own words. When Jesus says I and the Father are one he is refering to the oneness in purpose as the husband and wife are one in purpose, not in essence. Christians misinterprete the Gospel.
    Last edited by anatolian; 08-21-2022 at 06:56 AM.
    Does the trinity make sense?

    “Either seem as you are or be as you seem” Rumi
    chat Quote


  15. Hide
Hey there! Does the trinity make sense? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Does the trinity make sense?
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Does the trinity make sense?
    By eesa the kiwi in forum Comparative religion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-17-2020, 12:58 AM
  2. Does the hereafter make sense
    By Ssajjad in forum General
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-14-2017, 08:21 PM
  3. Would this make sense ?
    By amine21 in forum Clarifications about Islam
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 10-21-2017, 04:53 PM
  4. How do you make sense of monotheism?
    By Freya in forum Discover Islam
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 01-10-2015, 06:35 PM
  5. Does Islam Make Sense to You?
    By Ali_008 in forum Advice & Support
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-02-2012, 06:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
create