× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 5 of 69 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... Last
Results 81 to 100 of 1373

Thread: Sikhism

  1. #1
    Array Bittersteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,546
    Threads
    118
    Reputation
    1213
    Rep Power
    89

    Sikhism (OP)




    ---

    curious.


  2. #81
    Maimunah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    london
    Posts
    2,205
    Threads
    21
    Reputation
    9787
    Rep Power
    89
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Re: Sikhism

    Report bad ads?

    people have some respect for each other!!!!!!!
    Sikhism

    رَبِّ ٱجۡعَلۡنِى مُقِيمَ ٱلصَّلَوٰةِ وَمِن ذُرِّيَّتِى*ۚ رَبَّنَا وَتَقَبَّلۡ دُعَآءِ (٤٠) رَبَّنَا ٱغۡفِرۡ لِى وَلِوَٲلِدَىَّ وَلِلۡمُؤۡمِنِينَ يَوۡمَ يَقُومُ ٱلۡحِسَابُ

  3. Report bad ads?
  4. #82
    afriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Posts
    9,528
    Threads
    164
    Reputation
    26435
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Re: Sikhism

    Ok chill out.

    Lets do this systematically.

    Mr. Dilhon, your first misconception?

  5. #83
    ISDhillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Posts
    242
    Threads
    1
    Reputation
    98
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Sikhism

    Quote Originally Posted by Iqram View Post
    Ok chill out.

    Lets do this systematically.

    Mr. Dilhon, your first misconception?

    Iqram Ji,

    You ask a great question with a great response but for now I will start of by saying that sikhism follows the twin doctrine of guru granth-guru panth which is not mention in the website instead the rehat maryada which is the code of conduct for sikhs is referred to as personal opinions even though in sikhism the khalsa was established to govern with the aouthority of the guru in a temporal aspect (guru panth) this is why when 5 beloved ones gave their head to the guru the guru then accepted amrit of the 5 beloved ones and this is referred to as the cosmic play because the guru became the sikh and the sikh became the guru, so authority is in the 5 beloved ones whenever they are together, but the site has not revealed the nature of this institution of panj piare it instead circumvents this part of sikh history and channels the rehat maryada as a guide of personal opinions. Well in sikhism our guru cut the fetters around our mind and told us to adapt with changing circumstances and that reality is not static but constantly becoming and therefore the nature of ultimate reality is subjective and that is known as sat which is the divine essence of god and the soul. So we do not need to have a maryada written for all eternity it is not in line with sikh thought on how humans should live.

    anyway thats enough for now,

    ISDhillon

  6. #84
    YouAreLostSouls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Posts
    8
    Threads
    1
    Reputation
    56
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Sikhism

    Quote Originally Posted by Iqram View Post
    Ok chill out.

    Lets do this systematically.

    Mr. Dilhon, your first misconception?

    haha MR Dhilhon , well done , i think ppl are trying to find the slightest flaw in wat you say and twist its meaning to try and prove your Sikhism as a false religion. Mr Dhilhon, although you are a very knowlegdeable man and will probably win this debate if it was in person. i think that on this forum, these idiots wont let you, becaus they are only interested in their own religion and ther minds have been made up . They do not know the truth. they are lost souls, how can you teach someone the truth if they are unwilling to hear it. However i hope this wont tarnish your veiw of muslims, ther are many who realise this and accept that we are all children of god.

    you mite find that you are wasting time, but infact when i read this i found that your arguments are good and well done to you. if others read it they will definitley be interested in sikh religion which accepts all faiths.

    God sees us all as his children, this idea that u need to be muslim to be accepted by god is absolutley false and uncredible. If anyone argues with this is to be a fool of fools.

  7. Report bad ads?
  8. #85
    ISDhillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Posts
    242
    Threads
    1
    Reputation
    98
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Sikhism

    Quote Originally Posted by YouAreLostSouls View Post
    haha MR Dhilhon , well done , i think ppl are trying to find the slightest flaw in wat you say and twist its meaning to try and prove your Sikhism as a false religion. Mr Dhilhon, although you are a very knowlegdeable man and will probably win this debate if it was in person. i think that on this forum, these idiots wont let you, becaus they are only interested in their own religion and ther minds have been made up . They do not know the truth. they are lost souls, how can you teach someone the truth if they are unwilling to hear it. However i hope this wont tarnish your veiw of muslims, ther are many who realise this and accept that we are all children of god.

    you mite find that you are wasting time, but infact when i read this i found that your arguments are good and well done to you. if others read it they will definitley be interested in sikh religion which accepts all faiths.

    God sees us all as his children, this idea that u need to be muslim to be accepted by god is absolutley false and uncredible. If anyone argues with this is to be a fool of fools.

    Satsriakal YouAreLostSouls Ji,

    Thankyou for your kind words I have to admit I have been through these exact discussions on many an occasion because some people are taught a scheme of falsification and then this is dressed as dawaah when really it is not dawaah it is islamic version of apologetics. What I feel is that it is always the same questions, that suggests a lack of spontaneity in interfaith dialogue which means that the intention of this forum is not for "comparitive religion" but "denying other religions".

    Anyhow thanks again and I hope that vaheguru rehabilitates all those who are blinded by their own ego,

    ISDhillon

  9. #86
    afriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Posts
    9,528
    Threads
    164
    Reputation
    26435
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Re: Sikhism

    ok.

    Peace.

    That's what our religions teach right?

    I don't expect any1 2 bcom a muslim.

    But I do expect peace and tollerance.

    Salaams Dhillon.

  10. #87
    justahumane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    452
    Threads
    9
    Reputation
    1425
    Rep Power
    84
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Re: Sikhism

    Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Lol a bit random, whats Dr Naik got to do with anything
    If his discourse is so shocking why are so many people converting through islam because of him, even sikhs appreciate his work, listen to similarities between islam and hinduism and at the end you see all these sikh brothers praising him
    What makes him such a stand up comedian, please exaplin?
    Salam Brother Moss,

    Brother I cant tell whether Dr. Zakir.Naik is a stand up comadian or not, but I m as sure like death that he is a liar, to make the things worse, he speak lies in the name of ALLAH. I wonder how he is seen as a good muslim while he is not even an average muslim at all. If u disagree with me brother, than plz ask, Inshallah I will try to prove that whatever I say about this really great scholer of our times is 100% correct.

    Thanks.

  11. #88
    Mohsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cardiff, UK
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,036
    Threads
    31
    Reputation
    1531
    Rep Power
    88
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Re: Sikhism

    Quote Originally Posted by justahumane View Post
    If u disagree with me brother, than plz ask, Inshallah
    Ok i disagree, so i'll ask!

    I think maybe a new topic will need to be created for this, i can't possibly see how he's ever lied, he gives talks in front of hundreds of thousands of people, scholars and muslims would by now have noticed something
    Sikhism

    Make Dua for your Brothers and the Angels will make Dua for You!

    Happy moments, Praise Allah
    Difficult moments, Seek Allah
    Quiet moments, Worship Allah
    Painful moments, Trust Allah
    Every moment, Thank Allah
    If Allah brings you to it, He will bring you through it

  12. #89
    justahumane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    452
    Threads
    9
    Reputation
    1425
    Rep Power
    84
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Re: Sikhism

    Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Ok i disagree, so i'll ask!

    I think maybe a new topic will need to be created for this, i can't possibly see how he's ever lied, he gives talks in front of hundreds of thousands of people, scholars and muslims would by now have noticed something
    Brother u are more than welcome to create a new topic, but to start with, plz see one of his quotes regarding why is pork forbidden in islam. Here he is telling the ppls regarding some abnormal sexual behaviour of pigs. Plz check the truth behind his statements. Not to mention he always start with Bismillah. and U will be glad to know that while ALLAH or the holy prophet never gave any reason behind prohibition of pork in islam, this great scholer moved several steps ahead to tell us what prompted ALLAH to prohibit pork.

    Pig is the most shameless animal
    The pig is the most shameless animal on the face of the earth. It is the only animal that invites its friends to have sex with its mate. In America, most people consume pork. Many times after dance parties, they have swapping of wives; i.e. many say "you sleep with my wife and I will sleep with your wife." If you eat pigs then you behave like pigs. We Indians look upon America to be very advanced and sophisticated. Whatever they do, we follow after a few years. According to an article in Island magazine, this practice of swapping wives has become common in the affluent circles of Bombay.

  13. Report bad ads?
  14. #90
    Mohsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cardiff, UK
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,036
    Threads
    31
    Reputation
    1531
    Rep Power
    88
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Re: Sikhism

    Firstly just because a reason from Allah wasn't given for a simple rule, doesn't mean there isn't any wisdom behind it. I mean it doesn't say why we pray 5 times a day, but we know there's wisdom there, it gives us constant reminder to pray. We were never told why we fast or are circumcisd, but science has proven it to be healthy, so again there was wisdom that wasn't given, and same with eating of pig

    Either way, i'm sure someone in some talk by now would have said something about this. Dr Naik's not stupid, he'd have only used information that he knows is true, because he'd look stupid getting embarressed in front of thousands of epople, which would later be screened to millions later. Anyway, you haven't actually brought evidence proving the opposite of what Dr Naik has said
    Sikhism

    Make Dua for your Brothers and the Angels will make Dua for You!

    Happy moments, Praise Allah
    Difficult moments, Seek Allah
    Quiet moments, Worship Allah
    Painful moments, Trust Allah
    Every moment, Thank Allah
    If Allah brings you to it, He will bring you through it

  15. #91
    Mohsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cardiff, UK
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,036
    Threads
    31
    Reputation
    1531
    Rep Power
    88
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Re: Sikhism

    Also i'd like to add, he usually adds "And Allah Knows Best" Go to www.irf.net and look at the answer to polyandry, at the end it says

    The above reasons are those that one can easily identify. There are probably many more reasons why Allah, in His Infinite Wisdom, has prohibited polyandry
    Sikhism

    Make Dua for your Brothers and the Angels will make Dua for You!

    Happy moments, Praise Allah
    Difficult moments, Seek Allah
    Quiet moments, Worship Allah
    Painful moments, Trust Allah
    Every moment, Thank Allah
    If Allah brings you to it, He will bring you through it

  16. #92
    justahumane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    452
    Threads
    9
    Reputation
    1425
    Rep Power
    84
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Re: Sikhism

    Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Firstly just because a reason from Allah wasn't given for a simple rule, doesn't mean there isn't any wisdom behind it. I mean it doesn't say why we pray 5 times a day, but we know there's wisdom there, it gives us constant reminder to pray. We were never told why we fast or are circumcisd, but science has proven it to be healthy, so again there was wisdom that wasn't given, and same with eating of pig

    Either way, i'm sure someone in some talk by now would have said something about this. Dr Naik's not stupid, he'd have only used information that he knows is true, because he'd look stupid getting embarressed in front of thousands of epople, which would later be screened to millions later. Anyway, you haven't actually brought evidence proving the opposite of what Dr Naik has said
    Salam again brother Moss,

    Thanks for ur reply brother. First of all brother, I m not questioning any wisdom behind prohibition of pork. There must be coz we know that pork is filthy animal. So perhaps u got me wrong, I m not arguing why pig is forbidden. All I want to emphasize that Dr. Naik speaks lies, rather filthy lies, and that too in front of sisters.

    U want me to bring evidence of that Pigs dont invite other male pigs to have sex with his mate, isnt it funny brother? If U are not biased than u must think that what inspired Dr. Zakir Naik to make such filthy claim? did he himself see this happening? or he has any scientific reason to back his claim? Or other animals dont have multiple partners? Do he understand language of pigs to make such claims? And that too in the name of ALLAH? Isnt it sufficient proof that filth lies somewhere else too? Isnt if sufficient proof that he lies in the name of ALLAH?

    Also i'd like to add, he usually adds "And Allah Knows Best" Go to www.irf.net and look at the answer to polyandry, at the end it says

    The above reasons are those that one can easily identify. There are probably many more reasons why Allah, in His Infinite Wisdom, has prohibited polyandry
    Brother I have no problem in agreeing to truth. Yes he usually add "And ALLAH knows the best" but while answering to the question of pigs, he forgot adding this. And u should rather advice me to go to the question i m refering to, where he has forgotten to add " and ALLAH knows best" for reasons unknown to me. Ur advice for look the answer for polyandry is irrelevent here, I hope u understand.

    Brother I hope I have provided enough evidence that he is a liar who doesnt hesitate in speaking filthy lies in front of sisters and that too in the name of ALLAH. But still if u dont want to accept it than I have no option but to say that ALLAH knows the best and he will himself judge each and everyone.

    Thanks.

  17. #93
    Sister_6038's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,661
    Threads
    34
    Reputation
    1289
    Rep Power
    84
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Sikhism

    i have actually spoken to a sikh friend who has told me about sikhism...she actually explained to me that the original guru...guru nanak was born to hindu parents and he explored around the idea of islam...but rather than face the opposal of his parents he chose to combine the two religions...

  18. #94
    ISDhillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Posts
    242
    Threads
    1
    Reputation
    98
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Sikhism

    Quote Originally Posted by islam+f View Post
    i have actually spoken to a sikh friend who has told me about sikhism...she actually explained to me that the original guru...guru nanak was born to hindu parents and he explored around the idea of islam...but rather than face the opposal of his parents he chose to combine the two religions...

    Then your freind is not that wise is she but you are free to think what you like I was brought with many stories about muslims but I never took those ideas to form the basis of my perception of islam I learned for myself cos god gave me a brain, you need to read the whole thread I have already addressed this accusations. Read gurbani and you will know what message god gave to Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji.

  19. Report bad ads?
  20. #95
    afriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Posts
    9,528
    Threads
    164
    Reputation
    26435
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Re: Sikhism



    I wish ppl wud b more like that and not judge Islam on what the media says, but instead, find the truth thru researing personally.

  21. #96
    ISDhillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Posts
    242
    Threads
    1
    Reputation
    98
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Sikhism

    Quote Originally Posted by Iqram View Post


    I wish ppl wud b more like that and not judge Islam on what the media says, but instead, find the truth thru researing personally.

    Well said Iqram Ji

  22. #97
    Muezzin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    10,763
    Threads
    180
    Reputation
    67506
    Rep Power
    131
    Likes (Given)
    575
    Likes (Received)
    820

    Re: Sikhism

    Pinch me, I'm dreaming - peace and harmony in a Comparative Religion thread?

    Keep it up!

  23. #98
    Mohsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cardiff, UK
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,036
    Threads
    31
    Reputation
    1531
    Rep Power
    88
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Re: Sikhism

    Brother I hope I have provided enough evidence that he is a liar who doesnt hesitate in speaking filthy lies in front of sisters and that too in the name of ALLAH.
    Bro you haven't provided any proofs to the contrary. Again as i've said before, the guy's a medical doctor, who researches into this stuff. Now if he was to be lying and he got caught, how bad would that look? and so far he hasn't been caught once in his talks, even though so many hindus and christians come to debate with him.
    I have no proof about this issue about pigs, but usin the logic above, that he is in the medical profession, that he would be stupid to risk lieing infront of hundreds of people on an issue such as this where such an answer would not be needed as its enough to say pigs are dirty, so why would he lie?
    Although i have no proof for this, i'd probs ahve to speak to dr naik himself, but similarly u have no proof against it, you haven't provided any proof
    Sikhism

    Make Dua for your Brothers and the Angels will make Dua for You!

    Happy moments, Praise Allah
    Difficult moments, Seek Allah
    Quiet moments, Worship Allah
    Painful moments, Trust Allah
    Every moment, Thank Allah
    If Allah brings you to it, He will bring you through it

  24. #99
    justahumane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    452
    Threads
    9
    Reputation
    1425
    Rep Power
    84
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Re: Sikhism

    Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Bro you haven't provided any proofs to the contrary. Again as i've said before, the guy's a medical doctor, who researches into this stuff. Now if he was to be lying and he got caught, how bad would that look? and so far he hasn't been caught once in his talks, even though so many hindus and christians come to debate with him.
    I have no proof about this issue about pigs, but usin the logic above, that he is in the medical profession, that he would be stupid to risk lieing infront of hundreds of people on an issue such as this where such an answer would not be needed as its enough to say pigs are dirty, so why would he lie?
    Although i have no proof for this, i'd probs ahve to speak to dr naik himself, but similarly u have no proof against it, you haven't provided any proof
    Brother its good to learn that a medical doctor is supposed to research about which animal invites his bretherns to have sex with his mates. But I m gonna wait till when u ask this directly to dr. Naik, and ask him abot what kinda research he has done with pigs. He must be having sufficient proofs with him, thanks to his reasearch work. But I must admit that I have no proof that there is only one animal in the world who doesnt invite his bretherns to have sex with his partner. And I m sorry for that too.

    BTW I have asked may ppls about this particular filthy claim. But am yet to get a confirmation. But when such a great muslim like dr. Zakir Naik says than there must be one. coz he cant speak lie, and that too in the name of ALLAH.

    Take ur time brother, I m waiting for ur proof.

    Thanks.

  25. Report bad ads?
  26. #100
    Mohsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cardiff, UK
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,036
    Threads
    31
    Reputation
    1531
    Rep Power
    88
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Re: Sikhism

    Quote Originally Posted by justahumane View Post

    Take ur time brother, I m waiting for ur proof.

    Thanks.
    With all due respect brother, you're the one bringing the allegation against Dr Naik speaking a lie in allah's name, so you should bring the proof, not me. I have no reason to believe he is lieing, but since you are making such a claim bring me some evidence

    Peace
    Sikhism

    Make Dua for your Brothers and the Angels will make Dua for You!

    Happy moments, Praise Allah
    Difficult moments, Seek Allah
    Quiet moments, Worship Allah
    Painful moments, Trust Allah
    Every moment, Thank Allah
    If Allah brings you to it, He will bring you through it


  27. Hide
Page 5 of 69 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... Last
Hey there! Sikhism Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Sikhism
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Dr Zakir Naik - Sikhism
    By AvarAllahNoor in forum Comparative religion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-10-2010, 05:03 PM
  2. www.Islam-Sikhism.info
    By Islam-Sikhism in forum Share Your Links
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-05-2010, 09:37 AM
  3. Discussion/Questions on Sikhism
    By SilentObserver in forum Comparative religion
    Replies: 650
    Last Post: 03-19-2007, 08:22 PM
  4. Islam-Sikhism.com
    By Islam-Sikhism in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-21-2006, 11:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
create