× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Worship

  1. #1
    oceanbreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Other
    Posts
    31
    Threads
    10
    Reputation
    5
    Rep Power
    5
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    7

    Worship

    Report bad ads?

    I have studied Islam, and I have learned that the Quran says Allah created us to worship Him. I also have been told that Allah does not need our worship, rather the worship is for our benefit.

    However, I am still not clear as to [I]why[\I] Allah created us. If Allah is without need, then why did He make a race of human worshippers in the first place? I would appreciate your insight!

  2. Report bad ads?
  3. #2
    azc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    7,065
    Threads
    391
    Reputation
    23333
    Rep Power
    42
    Likes (Given)
    969
    Likes (Received)
    2443
    Last edited by azc; 02-21-2019 at 11:38 AM.

  4. #3
    oceanbreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Other
    Posts
    31
    Threads
    10
    Reputation
    5
    Rep Power
    5
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    7

    Re: Worship

    Thank you for the article! That was very informative.

    The article says that we are an expression of Allah’s creative nature, that Allah created us because it’s simply what He does. I find this interesting...

    I do disagree when the author said that Western society believes we have no purpose; I would argue that many people in the West would argue that we have a divine purpose, though there are those who certainly believe life has no purpose. I’m not one of those people, I feel that we must be here for a reason.

  5. #4
    Ümit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    655
    Threads
    8
    Reputation
    2865
    Rep Power
    14
    Likes (Given)
    198
    Likes (Received)
    440

    Re: Worship

    Quote Originally Posted by oceanbreeze View Post
    Thank you for the article! That was very informative.

    I do disagree when the author said that Western society believes we have no purpose; I would argue that many people in the West would argue that we have a divine purpose, though there are those who certainly believe life has no purpose. I’m not one of those people, I feel that we must be here for a reason.
    Yes...that was indeed a very interesting article. İ've read it before but still i find it vere eye opening.

    But please elaborate the part you disagree about.
    Who do you exactly mean with "many people of the west would argue we have a divine purpose"?

    İf you mean christians and jews...i would say...yes İ agree that Christians and Jews would argue that God has a purpose for his creation...but if you ask further about what that purpose then would be....then most of them would not be able to give a clear answer.

  6. Report bad ads?
  7. #5
    greenhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    3,388
    Threads
    61
    Reputation
    22407
    Rep Power
    55
    Likes (Given)
    1947
    Likes (Received)
    2141

    Re: Worship

    Salam to all.

    Yes, ultimately we need to worship Allah. But there is something else we need to do before that - discover Him.

    So, our life’s journey is about that. Some will find reason to believe and others will find reason to disbelieve.

    In the end, we will be judged on that.

    I have researched over the years and found consistency in the messages of the Books as mentioned in the Quran (that’s a paradox considering Muslims claim the previous Books as being tampered with).

    Why this is relevant is because we are learning creatures and the Books taught us incremental knowledge over the course of history.

    The Psalms giving us what is Tawheed in Islam (relationship with Allah)
    The Torah defining human mechanics
    The Gospels introduces forgiveness
    The Quran sets the laws for community

    Hence the Books are complete with the final messenger and why we should NOT be left behind by adopting any previous Books at the expense of the Final one.

    I find this sequential messages sent over thousands of years too incredible to be just coincidental and, for me, is a clear message from a Supreme Being giving us clues, if we want to see it of the truth in the messages sent.

    So, it is up to us to find the true message, to discover Allah and to worship him. That is the purpose of life.

    Know also that Syaitan (the devil) has made a solemn oath to lead us all astray.... so the path to truth will be turbulent and murky.

    All the best.


    Worship

    As long as my heart does beat, I shall live, not lie
    For when my heart does stop its beat, with truth, I die.

  8. #6
    CuriousonTruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    419
    Threads
    26
    Reputation
    207
    Rep Power
    6
    Likes (Given)
    13
    Likes (Received)
    87

    Re: Worship

    Quote Originally Posted by greenhill View Post
    Salam to all.

    Yes, ultimately we need to worship Allah. But there is something else we need to do before that - discover Him.

    So, our life’s journey is about that. Some will find reason to believe and others will find reason to disbelieve.

    In the end, we will be judged on that.

    I have researched over the years and found consistency in the messages of the Books as mentioned in the Quran (that’s a paradox considering Muslims claim the previous Books as being tampered with).

    Why this is relevant is because we are learning creatures and the Books taught us incremental knowledge over the course of history.

    The Psalms giving us what is Tawheed in Islam (relationship with Allah)
    The Torah defining human mechanics
    The Gospels introduces forgiveness
    The Quran sets the laws for community

    Hence the Books are complete with the final messenger and why we should NOT be left behind by adopting any previous Books at the expense of the Final one.

    I find this sequential messages sent over thousands of years too incredible to be just coincidental and, for me, is a clear message from a Supreme Being giving us clues, if we want to see it of the truth in the messages sent.

    So, it is up to us to find the true message, to discover Allah and to worship him. That is the purpose of life.

    Know also that Syaitan (the devil) has made a solemn oath to lead us all astray.... so the path to truth will be turbulent and murky.

    All the best.


    Whatever your personal opinion is, it is a general consensus among secular scholars that what you call gospel is largely edited and tampered. This is because it was compiled by the Romans. Bishop Eusebius the main compiler took whatever he liked into the new "gospel" and rejected others and burned them.

    That is why NT is unusually "hippy" compared to both the Torah and Quran.

  9. #7
    greenhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    3,388
    Threads
    61
    Reputation
    22407
    Rep Power
    55
    Likes (Given)
    1947
    Likes (Received)
    2141

    Re: Worship

    Jazakallah khair for your feedback.

    I'm trying to figure out what you mean by “whatever my personal opinion “ with regards to the Gospels ? Am I not saying the same thing?


    Worship

    As long as my heart does beat, I shall live, not lie
    For when my heart does stop its beat, with truth, I die.

  10. #8
    CuriousonTruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    419
    Threads
    26
    Reputation
    207
    Rep Power
    6
    Likes (Given)
    13
    Likes (Received)
    87

    Re: Worship

    Quote Originally Posted by greenhill View Post
    Jazakallah khair for your feedback.

    I'm trying to figure out what you mean by “whatever my personal opinion “ with regards to the Gospels ? Am I not saying the same thing?


    Are you not assuming that the work of Romans which is now called the 4 gospels is authentic and can be used as reference for muslims? I believe as far as Prophet Isa(A) is concerned, nothing outside Quran should be considered true.

    Your Quotes: I have researched over the years and found consistency in the messages of the Books
    The Gospels introduces forgiveness

    I am suggesting NT gospels are not reliable. And if you actually read those gospels yourself you would realize there are massive contradictions between Mathews and John's accounts of the gospel.

    The problem is that the NT gospel was not compiled by any religious or holy men but by people forwarded by a Roman emperor Constantine and his sidekick Bishop Eusebius. They picked and chose what will become canonized in gospel themselves. As you might guess, that makes it a big problem. But they were also the ones who decided "Jesus" is a god and also son of god.

  11. #9
    greenhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    3,388
    Threads
    61
    Reputation
    22407
    Rep Power
    55
    Likes (Given)
    1947
    Likes (Received)
    2141

    Re: Worship

    Ah, I see! Thanks for your clarification.

    I have mentioned that it has been tampered with, hence only the Quran is the accurate reference. However, the previous Testaments are not entirely corrupt that it has lost all of its worth.

    What I was referring to was the ‘essence’ of each Book. Teaching humans in an incremental manner via the Books sent before the final revelation.


    Worship

    As long as my heart does beat, I shall live, not lie
    For when my heart does stop its beat, with truth, I die.

  12. Report bad ads?
  13. #10
    jameelash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    india
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    749
    Threads
    370
    Reputation
    7548
    Rep Power
    87
    Likes (Given)
    220
    Likes (Received)
    530

    Re: Worship

    We shouldn’t go deep about Allahs creation nd why this nd that .Allahutaala has send quran for us to read and understand read the Quran nd follow life style of prophet Mohamed’s life and hadeed. That’s enough for us .such doubt shoul be cleared by ulamas So get in touch in with Aalims .they will hv the proper answer.

  14. #11
    Supernova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    611
    Threads
    15
    Reputation
    2175
    Rep Power
    20
    Likes (Given)
    135
    Likes (Received)
    340

    Re: Worship

    Where did you study Islam ?
    Worship

    Dark Side Of The Moon

  15. #12
    AbdurRahman.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    700
    Threads
    2
    Reputation
    1739
    Rep Power
    45
    Likes (Given)
    696
    Likes (Received)
    547

    Re: Worship

    Quote Originally Posted by oceanbreeze View Post
    I have studied Islam, and I have learned that the Quran says Allah created us to worship Him. I also have been told that Allah does not need our worship, rather the worship is for our benefit.

    However, I am still not clear as to [I]why[\I] Allah created us. If Allah is without need, then why did He make a race of human worshippers in the first place? I would appreciate your insight!

    we may note that the entire universe has been created by Allah in order that His names and attributes might be manifest, that is, in order that He might be known, for He says,

    “Nor did I create jinn and men, except to worship Me” (Qur’an 51:56).

    (al-Baghawi, Mujahid [ibn Jabr al-Makki (d. 104/722)], said this means ‘except to know Me’ which is a sound interpretation, since if He had not created them, they would not have known His existence and His oneness (Ma‘alam al-tanzil, 5.230).

    Now, the divine names, such as, al-Rahman ‘the All-merciful’, al-Karim ‘the Most Generous’, al-Rafi‘ ‘He-Who-Raises’, al-Khafid ‘He-Who-Lowers’,al-Sabur ‘the Most Patient’ al-Muntaqim ‘the Avenger’, and the others, entail and comprise the existence of the entire spectrum of human conditions—but particularly, ultimately, eternally, and at their fullest manifestation—the outcomes of paradise and hell.

    ... From the point of view of manifesting the divine attributes and names—their ultimate outcomes consisting in the destinies of human beings, without which they would remain unmanifest

    Shaykh Nuh Ha Mim Keller

  16. #13
    oceanbreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Other
    Posts
    31
    Threads
    10
    Reputation
    5
    Rep Power
    5
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    7

    Re: Worship

    Quote Originally Posted by Ümit
    Yes...that was indeed a very interesting article. İ've read it before but still i find it vere eye opening.

    But please elaborate the part you disagree about.
    Who do you exactly mean with "many people of the west would argue we have a divine purpose"?

    İf you mean christians and jews...i would say...yes İ agree that Christians and Jews would argue that God has a purpose for his creation...but if you ask further about what that purpose then would be....then most of them would not be able to give a clear answer.
    Yes, I was referring to the many Westerners who are Christian or Jewish, as well as a few other minor religions and they would claim we have a divine purpose. As you say, I haven't gotten a clear answer on that purpose from these groups yet.


    Quote Originally Posted by Supernova
    Where did you study Islam ?


    I have mostly done research online, but I have a copy of the Quran and a book explaining Islam. I've also recently began to visit a local mosque and talk to the people there, they are all so friendly.


    Quote Originally Posted by AbdullahAziz
    we may note that the entire universe has been created by Allah in order that His names and attributes might be manifest, that is, in order that He might be known, for He says,

    “Nor did I create jinn and men, except to worship Me” (Qur’an 51:56).

    (al-Baghawi, Mujahid [ibn Jabr al-Makki (d. 104/722)], said this means ‘except to know Me’ which is a sound interpretation, since if He had not created them, they would not have known His existence and His oneness (Ma‘alam al-tanzil, 5.230).

    Now, the divine names, such as, al-Rahman ‘the All-merciful’, al-Karim ‘the Most Generous’, al-Rafi‘ ‘He-Who-Raises’, al-Khafid ‘He-Who-Lowers’,al-Sabur ‘the Most Patient’ al-Muntaqim ‘the Avenger’, and the others, entail and comprise the existence of the entire spectrum of human conditions—but particularly, ultimately, eternally, and at their fullest manifestation—the outcomes of paradise and hell.

    ... From the point of view of manifesting the divine attributes and names—their ultimate outcomes consisting in the destinies of human beings, without which they would remain unmanifest

    Shaykh Nuh Ha Mim Keller


    So the bottom line is Allah wants to be known, and that is why he has the humans, djinn and angels worship Him?

  17. #14
    Supernova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    611
    Threads
    15
    Reputation
    2175
    Rep Power
    20
    Likes (Given)
    135
    Likes (Received)
    340

    Re: Worship

    And what book do you have explaining Islam ?
    Worship

    Dark Side Of The Moon

  18. Report bad ads?
  19. #15
    MazharShafiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Pakistan
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    884
    Threads
    54
    Reputation
    987
    Rep Power
    20
    Likes (Given)
    67
    Likes (Received)
    200

    Re: Worship

    yes I agreed , ultimately we need to worship Allah. But there is something else we need to do before that - discover Him.

    So, our life’s journey is about that. Some will find reason to believe and others will find reason to disbelieve.
    Worship


  20. #16
    AbdurRahman.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    700
    Threads
    2
    Reputation
    1739
    Rep Power
    45
    Likes (Given)
    696
    Likes (Received)
    547

    Re: Worship

    Quote Originally Posted by oceanbreeze View Post
    Yes, I was referring to the many Westerners who are Christian or Jewish, as well as a few other minor religions and they would claim we have a divine purpose. As you say, I haven't gotten a clear answer on that purpose from these groups yet.




    I have mostly done research online, but I have a copy of the Quran and a book explaining Islam. I've also recently began to visit a local mosque and talk to the people there, they are all so friendly.




    So the bottom line is Allah wants to be known, and that is why he has the humans, djinn and angels worship Him?
    Yes, however take note that Allah being known is synonymous with worshipping Allah as that's how we get to know Him.

  21. #17
    oceanbreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Other
    Posts
    31
    Threads
    10
    Reputation
    5
    Rep Power
    5
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    7

    Re: Worship

    Quote Originally Posted by Supernova
    And what book do you have explaining Islam ?


    The book I have is What Everyone Should Know About Islam and Muslims by Suzanne Haneef. It was given to me by one of the people at the mosque I have visited. The author converted to Islam and has written a great deal of information.


    Quote Originally Posted by MazharShafiq
    yes I agreed , ultimately we need to worship Allah. But there is something else we need to do before that - discover Him.

    So, our life’s journey is about that. Some will find reason to believe and others will find reason to disbelieve.


    I hope I find my faith soon. I've been searching and searching, I just haven't found that moment where it all clicks

  22. #18
    muhammadqasim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    pakistan
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1
    Threads
    0
    Reputation
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Worship

    Being a Muslim, we should make our habit to recite the Quran Karim on daily basis as it is essential because it provides the food for the soul because it is a mean of refreshing and restoring faith and a solid weapon for surmounting difficulties and obstacles. read surah fatihah

  23. #19
    Ahmed.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    824
    Threads
    9
    Reputation
    991
    Rep Power
    71
    Likes (Given)
    819
    Likes (Received)
    472

    Re: Worship

    Quote Originally Posted by oceanbreeze View Post
    [/COLOR]

    The book I have is What Everyone Should Know About Islam and Muslims by Suzanne Haneef. It was given to me by one of the people at the mosque I have visited. The author converted to Islam and has written a great deal of information.




    I hope I find my faith soon. I've been searching and searching, I just haven't found that moment where it all clicks [/COLOR]

    Have you read translation of Quran?, that's a good starting point
    | Likes AbdurRahman. liked this post

  24. Report bad ads?
  25. #20
    oceanbreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Other
    Posts
    31
    Threads
    10
    Reputation
    5
    Rep Power
    5
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    7

    Re: Worship

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhai View Post
    Have you read translation of Quran?, that's a good starting point
    Hello, yes I do have a translation of the Quran and I have been trying to read it, though I admit I do not always understand what it says.


  26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Worship Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Worship
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Worship of Ease versus Worship of Difficulty
    By Flame of Hope in forum Manners and Purification of the Soul
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-22-2011, 07:09 AM
  2. What is the best way to worship God?
    By Flame of Hope in forum General
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-06-2011, 08:45 AM
  3. Do we worship the same God?
    By August in forum Comparative religion
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 08-26-2007, 02:20 PM
  4. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-24-2007, 08:45 PM
  5. Worship...
    By muslimbilal in forum Worship in Islam
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-13-2006, 12:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
create