× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    farhan's Avatar
    farhan is offline
    If you can read this please remember me in your duas :P

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    6,840
    Threads
    1029
    Reputation
    31588
    Rep Power
    66
    Likes (Given)
    2186
    Likes (Received)
    6100

    Look past Her Appearance...

    Report bad ads?



    There are many different aspects to look at other then beauty.

    So what is there other then "Beauty" to like? (Same applies vice versa)

    - Her humour
    - Her kindness
    - Her heart
    - Her love for others
    - Her selflessness
    - Her wit
    - Her intelligence
    - Her family
    - Her morals
    - Her dedication
    - Her loyalty
    - Her integrity
    - Her Deen
    - Her perseverance
    - Her smile
    - Her opinions
    - Her thoughts
    - Her voice..

    Pick wisely :).
    May Allah grant us all righteous pious spouses, ameen.
    Last edited by farhan; 11-03-2015 at 07:46 PM.

  2. Report bad ads?
  3. #2
    Celebrimbor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    97
    Threads
    4
    Reputation
    474
    Rep Power
    25
    Likes (Given)
    27
    Likes (Received)
    67

    Re: Look past Her Appearance...

    Awwwww

    Thank you
    Look past Her Appearance...

    Loose lips sink ships

  4. #3
    Abz2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Around the bend from Venus - Just before Mars
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    5,279
    Threads
    150
    Reputation
    45452
    Rep Power
    81
    Likes (Given)
    3793
    Likes (Received)
    2887

    Re: Look past Her Appearance...

    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrimbor View Post
    Awwwww

    Thank you

    Look past Her Appearance...













  5. #4
    najimuddin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,041
    Threads
    186
    Reputation
    14838
    Rep Power
    34
    Likes (Given)
    864
    Likes (Received)
    953

    Re: Look past Her Appearance...

    Quote Originally Posted by فرحان View Post


    There are many different aspects to look at other then beauty.

    So what is there other then "Beauty" to like? (Same applies vice versa)

    - Her humour
    - Her kindness
    - Her heart
    - Her love for others
    - Her selflessness
    - Her wit
    - Her intelligence
    - Her family
    - Her morals
    - Her dedication
    - Her loyalty
    - Her integrity
    - Her Deen
    - Her perseverance
    - Her smile
    - Her opinions
    - Her thoughts
    - Her voice..

    Pick wisely .
    May Allah grant us all righteous pious spouses, ameen.
    Looks like this guy didn't get the memo. (sigh)

    Groom sues bride for not looking pretty without make-up: Demands $20,000 damages for shocking him

    Article originally published on August 3, 2015 @ Emirates 24/7

    An Algerian groom took his bride to court just a day after their marriage, accusing her of not looking as pretty as before the wedding and of cheating him with much make-up.

    The groom, who is seeking $20,000 damages, told court in the capital Algiers that he was shocked when he got up in the next morning and found that his wife looked so different, that he could not recognise her.

    Newspapers in the North African Arab country said the groom swore in court that he even mistook his wife for a “thief who came to steal his apartment".

    “The groom told the judge that he could not recognise his wife after she washed the make-up off her face."

    "He said he was deceived by her as she used to fill up her face with make up before their marriage,” the papers said, quoting a court source.

    “He said she looked very beautiful and attractive before marriage, but when he woke up in the morning and found that she had washed the make-up off her face, he was frightened as he thought she was a thief."

    "The groom told court that he is demanding $20,000 damages for his psychological suffering.”
    | Likes sister herb, TMGuide, Scimitar, Search liked this post

  6. Report bad ads?
  7. #5
    TMGuide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    176
    Threads
    7
    Reputation
    878
    Rep Power
    25
    Likes (Given)
    404
    Likes (Received)
    129

    Re: Look past Her Appearance...

    Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (May Allah exalt his mention and protect him from imperfection) said: “A woman is married for four things: for her wealth, for her lineage, for her beauty or for her piety. Select the pious, may you be blessed!”. (Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

  8. #6
    TMGuide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    176
    Threads
    7
    Reputation
    878
    Rep Power
    25
    Likes (Given)
    404
    Likes (Received)
    129

    Re: Look past Her Appearance...

    This story always cracks me up, but then again I seen some pics of the lady. Her makeup was on fleek, I need the number of her Make Up Artist!

    Quote Originally Posted by najimuddin View Post
    Looks like this guy didn't get the memo. (sigh)

    Groom sues bride for not looking pretty without make-up: Demands $20,000 damages for shocking him

    Article originally published on August 3, 2015 @ Emirates 24/7

    An Algerian groom took his bride to court just a day after their marriage, accusing her of not looking as pretty as before the wedding and of cheating him with much make-up.

    The groom, who is seeking $20,000 damages, told court in the capital Algiers that he was shocked when he got up in the next morning and found that his wife looked so different, that he could not recognise her.

    Newspapers in the North African Arab country said the groom swore in court that he even mistook his wife for a “thief who came to steal his apartment".

    “The groom told the judge that he could not recognise his wife after she washed the make-up off her face."

    "He said he was deceived by her as she used to fill up her face with make up before their marriage,” the papers said, quoting a court source.

    “He said she looked very beautiful and attractive before marriage, but when he woke up in the morning and found that she had washed the make-up off her face, he was frightened as he thought she was a thief."

    "The groom told court that he is demanding $20,000 damages for his psychological suffering.”

  9. #7
    Scimitar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    DAWAH DIGITAL HQ
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    7,417
    Threads
    141
    Reputation
    51066
    Rep Power
    84
    Likes (Given)
    8642
    Likes (Received)
    6230

    Re: Look past Her Appearance...

    funny shtuff lol
    Look past Her Appearance...


  10. #8
    ardianto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Indonesia
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    8,558
    Threads
    157
    Reputation
    51593
    Rep Power
    99
    Likes (Given)
    2862
    Likes (Received)
    4808

    Re: Look past Her Appearance...

    Okay, brothers, if you must choose, what would you choose?.

    You had a beautiful wife. But she had bad behavior that always annoy you and always cause trouble.

    ...... or

    You had a wife who was not beautiful. But she always respect you and always treat you well.

  11. #9
    farhan's Avatar
    farhan is offline
    If you can read this please remember me in your duas :P

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    6,840
    Threads
    1029
    Reputation
    31588
    Rep Power
    66
    Likes (Given)
    2186
    Likes (Received)
    6100

    Re: Look past Her Appearance...

    Quote Originally Posted by ardianto View Post
    You had a beautiful wife. But she had bad behavior that always annoy you and always cause trouble.

    ...... or

    You had a wife who was not beautiful. But she always respect you and always treat you well.
    Is there option for second wife?

    *runs*

  12. Report bad ads?
  13. #10
    ardianto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Indonesia
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    8,558
    Threads
    157
    Reputation
    51593
    Rep Power
    99
    Likes (Given)
    2862
    Likes (Received)
    4808

    Re: Look past Her Appearance...

    Quote Originally Posted by فرحان View Post
    Is there option for second wife?

    *runs*
    Taking the second wife would not solve the problem. Even it could cause new problem.

    Back to the question. Which would you choose?

  14. #11
    farhan's Avatar
    farhan is offline
    If you can read this please remember me in your duas :P

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    6,840
    Threads
    1029
    Reputation
    31588
    Rep Power
    66
    Likes (Given)
    2186
    Likes (Received)
    6100

    Re: Look past Her Appearance...

    Quote Originally Posted by ardianto View Post
    Taking the second wife would not solve the problem. Even it could cause new problem.

    Back to the question. Which would you choose?
    Hmm on a serious note, it would be far too hard to choose.

    I would choose option 2, but also would incline to option 1 and intend to solve the things that cause trouble and annoyance in the relationship.

  15. #12
    T L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    134
    Threads
    11
    Reputation
    1287
    Rep Power
    24
    Likes (Given)
    131
    Likes (Received)
    175

    Re: Look past Her Appearance...

    Can I relate to all you humans of the xy chromosome of the story of a pious who married a deaf, dumb and blind woman?

  16. #13
    LaSorcia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    487
    Threads
    39
    Reputation
    4558
    Rep Power
    27
    Likes (Given)
    901
    Likes (Received)
    663

    Re: Look past Her Appearance...

    Quote Originally Posted by TMGuide View Post
    Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (May Allah exalt his mention and protect him from imperfection) said: “A woman is married for four things: for her wealth, for her lineage, for her beauty or for her piety. Select the pious, may you be blessed!”. (Al-Bukhari and Muslim)
    What about for HERSELF?


  17. Hide
Hey there! Look past Her Appearance... Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Look past Her Appearance...
Sign Up

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
create