× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Results 21 to 40 of 54
  1. #1
    Array CuriousonTruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    419
    Threads
    26
    Reputation
    207
    Rep Power
    5

    Divorce in Bangladesh Skyrocketing Fast (OP)


    http://www.ittefaq.com.bd/national/3...A6%BE%E0%A6%B0

    (Translation by me)

    Important points:

    - Divorced increased by twice, seperation by three times in last 10 years
    - 80% of divorces now are from women, whereas just 10 years ago 75% of divorces were from men.
    - Experts say increased female income, social status and independence behind divorce rate rise
    - Furthermore, females tend to be more attached to their professional life than marriage life
    - Experts further say, foreign culture (they mean Western culture) has increased adultery and wanting other "desires" (not specified here) which has lead to divorces/
    - Futhermore, social media also is said to play a part

    - - - Updated - - -

    Okay Taliban, I'm sold out to their ideology. I now fully agree with their view on women, they were right all along.

  2. #21
    SintoDinto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    263
    Threads
    73
    Reputation
    138
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    61
    Likes (Received)
    54

    Re: Divorce in Bangladesh Skyrocketing Fast

    Report bad ads?

    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousonTruth View Post
    Dude seriously. Hurriyet Daily is a CHP site and and old one as well. It represents CHP elites' view like Yenisafak or Yeni Akit for AKP.

    And quoting Huffpost, Fox? Take a break, for your health's sake.
    so youre going to disregard evidence in cognitive dissonance AND vocaleurope.eu just because youre a fanboy of khawarij taleban and terrorist funding dictator erdogan?

  3. Report bad ads?
  4. #22
    CuriousonTruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    419
    Threads
    26
    Reputation
    207
    Rep Power
    5
    Likes (Given)
    13
    Likes (Received)
    87

    Re: Divorce in Bangladesh Skyrocketing Fast

    Quote Originally Posted by SintoDinto View Post
    oh, really? is that why erdogan's approval rating is below 34 percent and dropping fast? and even less than 3/4 of akp voters approve of erdogan's job performance? and the akp is headed for a split as ahmet davutoglu forms a party together with the old akp cadres? erdogan is finished together with the turkish economy he destroyed with his corruption.
    You guys have been saying this since 2009. Back in the last election, I was following Kemalists on Facebook and they were so enthusiastic that Ince and Meral will finally win, and they still got battered.

    There is no one in Turkey or Europe, who can defeat Erdogan in an election. Unless CHP uses necromancy to reincarnate Mustafa Kemal from hell, they will never come to power again.

    Also this isn't about Turkey, it's about Bangladesh. Don't post anything more about Turkey please.

  5. #23
    Futuwwa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,250
    Threads
    10
    Reputation
    5712
    Rep Power
    56
    Likes (Given)
    28
    Likes (Received)
    587

    Re: Divorce in Bangladesh Skyrocketing Fast

    Quote Originally Posted by ardianto View Post
    No matter how success your wife in career, no matter how high her income, no matter how independent she is ……. Your wife will never ask divorce if she always loves you. And your wife will love you if you could build yourself to be a man who worth to be loved by a woman.
    If only it were that simple.

    I have my character flaws, but am I unlovable? It seems like I will be divorced. My wife has a sickness of the soul that makes her find fault and annoyance in everything I do, in my very essence. She hates that part of herself, and she hates what my presence does to her. I know she has tried very hard to fight it and suppress her negative feelings, hard enough that we have both been left broken and miserable by it. She has tried her hardest and failed, thus I cannot fault her. There is a reason why divorce is the worst of all things that are permitted, yet is permitted.

  6. #24
    Supernova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    611
    Threads
    15
    Reputation
    2175
    Rep Power
    20
    Likes (Given)
    135
    Likes (Received)
    340

    Re: Divorce in Bangladesh Skyrocketing Fast

    When we as Muslims forget our primary purpose in life, which is to worship Allah [SWT] - then every other institution that we put our fingers in, will be tarnished and suffer.

    Not only marriages suffer but many other things too like business dealings, social life, family life Etc.

    Parable:
    Many soft drinks today main ingredient is water, and then goes the other ingredients that give it taste and flavour.

    No matter how much a company might invest in the research of the taste and flavour ingredients, If the water is dirty and impure, then no matter what flavouring you add, it will not taste good.
    Divorce in Bangladesh Skyrocketing Fast

    Dark Side Of The Moon

  7. Report bad ads?
  8. #25
    The Prince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    25
    Threads
    0
    Reputation
    17
    Rep Power
    5
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    15

    Re: Divorce in Bangladesh Skyrocketing Fast

    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousonTruth View Post
    And it was a good system, as I said if the Taliban comes to Bangladesh, I'd help them. Bangladesh is becoming a secular, liberal s**thole, that is nothing to be happy. Bangladesh is becoming like the West, just with the slums, dirt, etc.

    What is more though, in Bengali culture, masculinity is not as important as White culture/Afghan culture/Turkish culture. So if feminism can't be stopped right now, it will completely destroy the society, leaving the males emasculated. I'm not sure, if it can ever be reversed.

    Only silver lining I see in this is the damage will be mainly on secular families.
    You think the social stigma attached to divorcees was/is a good system? Really??? Is that an islamic teaching?

    Islamically women are allowed to work arent they? I know if my mum went to hospital, Id like her to be seen by a lady doctor. Not a male doctor. And for that reason, in a medical service role, Id encourage my daughter to get a good education and a good job.

    Unfortunately alot of countries are becoming like the west and getting distant from Islam. Not just Bangladesh. That doesnt make it ok. Im just saying that the global village is going in that direction. In other words, the world is getting ready for dajjal.

  9. #26
    anatolian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Turkey
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,756
    Threads
    46
    Reputation
    5463
    Rep Power
    76
    Likes (Given)
    328
    Likes (Received)
    1012

    Re: Divorce in Bangladesh Skyrocketing Fast

    Quote Originally Posted by Futuwwa View Post
    If only it were that simple.

    I have my character flaws, but am I unlovable? It seems like I will be divorced. My wife has a sickness of the soul that makes her find fault and annoyance in everything I do, in my very essence. She hates that part of herself, and she hates what my presence does to her. I know she has tried very hard to fight it and suppress her negative feelings, hard enough that we have both been left broken and miserable by it. She has tried her hardest and failed, thus I cannot fault her. There is a reason why divorce is the worst of all things that are permitted, yet is permitted.
    Salam bro. She might be suffering from a kind of superiority complex. You must make her understand that Islamically you are the head of the family and she is not in a position to judge you in a way as if she is the ruler. But ofcourse you must ensure that you are performing your responsibilities meanwhile.
    Divorce in Bangladesh Skyrocketing Fast

    “Either seem as you are or be as you seem” Rumi

  10. #27
    CuriousonTruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    419
    Threads
    26
    Reputation
    207
    Rep Power
    5
    Likes (Given)
    13
    Likes (Received)
    87

    Re: Divorce in Bangladesh Skyrocketing Fast

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prince View Post
    You think the social stigma attached to divorcees was/is a good system? Really??? Is that an islamic teaching?

    Islamically women are allowed to work arent they? I know if my mum went to hospital, Id like her to be seen by a lady doctor. Not a male doctor. And for that reason, in a medical service role, Id encourage my daughter to get a good education and a good job.

    Unfortunately alot of countries are becoming like the west and getting distant from Islam. Not just Bangladesh. That doesnt make it ok. Im just saying that the global village is going in that direction. In other words, the world is getting ready for dajjal.
    Yes I do. Atleast then women would think 10 times before divorcing. Marriage is not a video game, that you can quit and reload. There has to be checks and balance. From what I see, women are abusing their ability to divorce. I can also guarantee you none of these women would accept Islamic inheritance laws, keep that in mind.

    A lot of women are completely immature with mentality of 15 year olds. And constantly exercise their ego. Just because they have an MA or MSc doesn't give them license to act like an egotistical maniac.

    You would be comfortable with that, not most people. Lack of parental care because of both parents working is raising a generation of porn addict, drug abusing teens in biking gangs and other stuff without their parents having slightest clue before it is too late. At best I would accept part-time working women, defo not full time.

    Not sure if it's dajjal or not, this is the first time muslim world is in such a crisis, so instead of working for solutions, some muslims just blame it on Dajjal.

  11. #28
    xboxisdead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    845
    Threads
    84
    Reputation
    1091
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    57
    Likes (Received)
    240

    Re: Divorce in Bangladesh Skyrocketing Fast

    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousonTruth View Post
    Yes I do. Atleast then women would think 10 times before divorcing. Marriage is not a video game, that you can quit and reload. There has to be checks and balance. From what I see, women are abusing their ability to divorce. I can also guarantee you none of these women would accept Islamic inheritance laws, keep that in mind.

    A lot of women are completely immature with mentality of 15 year olds. And constantly exercise their ego. Just because they have an MA or MSc doesn't give them license to act like an egotistical maniac.

    You would be comfortable with that, not most people. Lack of parental care because of both parents working is raising a generation of porn addict, drug abusing teens in biking gangs and other stuff without their parents having slightest clue before it is too late. At best I would accept part-time working women, defo not full time.

    Not sure if it's dajjal or not, this is the first time muslim world is in such a crisis, so instead of working for solutions, some muslims just blame it on Dajjal.
    I am kinda of confused though....isn't in Islam it is the man who divorces and not the women? So what you are saying the law now decreed that women are equal to men and that women have right to divorce just as men? So....who are people are worshiping exactly? Allah or his creation? I need to know. Any woman who worship anyone but Allah and follow man-made law then they can go ahead and do it...I am not going to lose sleep really. Wallah if 99% of women on Earth will go to hellfire because they are disbelievers and associate partners with Allah...I am not going to lose sleep or lose a wink of sleep either. I will enjoy their benefits to what they bring in this world and take advantage of them in this world...as far as I am concerned they are like animals or worker bees...you get to enjoy their benefits and throw them out when you are done. That is what non-Muslim women to me is really.

    Would I care if they are in the street...naked or abused or begging for money...not would only would I not care...I would avoid them as if I will be infected from them from a disease.

    HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT? You ask? Simple..you would DO EXACTLY THAT TO A NON-MUSLIM MAN...how many out there will go out of their way and help a homeless non-Muslim man when he smell..he have long beard...he pee out in the street...he smell of rum and he may look like a creep to you? Would you do it? The answer is no. Non-Muslim women IS AND EQUAL to non-Muslim men...and they are one and the same.

    Going back to here....my knowledge it is Muslim men who have power for divorce and not Muslim women...so even if she leave the fold of Islam and worship man-made law and obey man-made law over Allah's law....well at that point....it makes no difference now does it...she is not his wife by default and the children should belong to the husband by default and he have full custody of the children by default.....but for argument sake....he is still married to her and they are not divorced. So those 80% women who initiated divorce over their husband...they are still married to him and if she goes out there and deny him access to his house...she is cursed and if she leaves without his permission she is cursed...and if she have relationship with other men she is committing zina and that child she get pregnant from..belongs to the husband (original one..that she divorced). I am surprised no one is looking at from that point of view!

    The question is...how many women or men on Earth are actually Muslim....

  12. #29
    AbdurRahman.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    700
    Threads
    2
    Reputation
    1739
    Rep Power
    45
    Likes (Given)
    696
    Likes (Received)
    547

    Re: Divorce in Bangladesh Skyrocketing Fast

    Quote Originally Posted by xboxisdead View Post
    I am kinda of confused though....isn't in Islam it is the man who divorces and not the women? So what you are saying the law now decreed that women are equal to men and that women have right to divorce just as men? So....who are people are worshiping exactly? Allah or his creation? I need to know. Any woman who worship anyone but Allah and follow man-made law then they can go ahead and do it...I am not going to lose sleep really. Wallah if 99% of women on Earth will go to hellfire because they are disbelievers and associate partners with Allah...I am not going to lose sleep or lose a wink of sleep either. I will enjoy their benefits to what they bring in this world and take advantage of them in this world...as far as I am concerned they are like animals or worker bees...you get to enjoy their benefits and throw them out when you are done. That is what non-Muslim women to me is really.

    Would I care if they are in the street...naked or abused or begging for money...not would only would I not care...I would avoid them as if I will be infected from them from a disease.

    HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT? You ask? Simple..you would DO EXACTLY THAT TO A NON-MUSLIM MAN...how many out there will go out of their way and help a homeless non-Muslim man when he smell..he have long beard...he pee out in the street...he smell of rum and he may look like a creep to you? Would you do it? The answer is no. Non-Muslim women IS AND EQUAL to non-Muslim men...and they are one and the same.

    Going back to here....my knowledge it is Muslim men who have power for divorce and not Muslim women...so even if she leave the fold of Islam and worship man-made law and obey man-made law over Allah's law....well at that point....it makes no difference now does it...she is not his wife by default and the children should belong to the husband by default and he have full custody of the children by default.....but for argument sake....he is still married to her and they are not divorced. So those 80% women who initiated divorce over their husband...they are still married to him and if she goes out there and deny him access to his house...she is cursed and if she leaves without his permission she is cursed...and if she have relationship with other men she is committing zina and that child she get pregnant from..belongs to the husband (original one..that she divorced). I am surprised no one is looking at from that point of view!

    The question is...how many women or men on Earth are actually Muslim....
    Ooh bruv I'd be careful of takfir if i was you. Didn't it occur to you that these women might be requesting divorce via sharia courts which is lawful in Islam?

    Basically, if the man doesn't divorce the woman on the woman's request, she can consult a council of Ulema who after checking that she has grounds for divorce, can announce the divorce for her.
    Last edited by AbdurRahman.; 03-03-2019 at 10:54 PM.

  13. Report bad ads?
  14. #30
    xboxisdead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    845
    Threads
    84
    Reputation
    1091
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    57
    Likes (Received)
    240

    Re: Divorce in Bangladesh Skyrocketing Fast

    Quote Originally Posted by AbdullahAziz View Post
    Ooh bruv I'd be careful of takfir if i was you. Didn't it occur to you that these women might be requesting divorce via sharia courts which is lawful in Islam?

    Basically, if the man doesn't divorce the woman on the woman's request, she can consult a council of Ulema who after checking that she has grounds for divorce, can announce the divorce for her.
    I know about khula part. yes. I am talking about obeying man's law and believing on them over Allah's law because they found favor of one over the other where my takfir comes in. This applies for anyone of the sexes. Sovereignty belongs only to Allah and to no one else. Women can declare khula. My understanding her Khula should have valid reason..not that she is bored. if bored is a valid reason for divorce or because she is tired of him...then skip marriage all together and let us all party together like animals. Because I assure you..it benefits men more than women to not get married and go from women to women to women. At least he get to pick the next best beautiful..young and not deal with a wife that is fat or turn ugly and s he is mean to her husband. We all know if a man is to do he is of a bad person...but a woman have the right to divorce her husband and break family because she is bored? Why even have marriage then?

    If marriage is so frail that anyone can break up because of self interest then do not get married anymore and just live like animals...we can do that also.

    As a man he can spread his gene more by going from one to women to women to women....without having to be confined to marriageable institution. Don't you think?

  15. #31
    Futuwwa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,250
    Threads
    10
    Reputation
    5712
    Rep Power
    56
    Likes (Given)
    28
    Likes (Received)
    587

    Re: Divorce in Bangladesh Skyrocketing Fast

    Quote Originally Posted by anatolian View Post
    Salam bro. She might be suffering from a kind of superiority complex. You must make her understand that Islamically you are the head of the family and she is not in a position to judge you in a way as if she is the ruler. But ofcourse you must ensure that you are performing your responsibilities meanwhile.
    Bro, don't speculate on insufficient information. If I were of less sound judgment, I might actually think you are onto something, and nothing good would follow from that. She knows very well that she should not do what she is doing. She has tried to be a good wife so hard that it has broken her. She believes herself to be incapable of marriage, and I'm starting to believe her. Ever since she told me she thinks it would be best if we divorced, she has consistently acted with the well-being of everyone in the family in mind.

  16. #32
    CuriousonTruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    419
    Threads
    26
    Reputation
    207
    Rep Power
    5
    Likes (Given)
    13
    Likes (Received)
    87

    Re: Divorce in Bangladesh Skyrocketing Fast

    Quote Originally Posted by AbdullahAziz View Post
    Ooh bruv I'd be careful of takfir if i was you. Didn't it occur to you that these women might be requesting divorce via sharia courts which is lawful in Islam?

    Basically, if the man doesn't divorce the woman on the woman's request, she can consult a council of Ulema who after checking that she has grounds for divorce, can announce the divorce for her.
    Sharia court? Is there Sharia court in Bangladesh, even I don't know.

    And anyway, no they divorce through secular court. If these women gave as much a damn about formality, the divorce rate, I say would have been lower.

    Here's the funny part though: when it comes to demanding extortionate Mahr, they bring their rent-a-mullahs in. Btw, while we are in topic, a recent national news happened in which a woman was found by her husband to have cheated on him for multiple men (ex-boyfriends I think). And this man had paid around 30,000 pounds in Mahr. Way to get absolutely screwed over.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by xboxisdead View Post
    I am kinda of confused though....isn't in Islam it is the man who divorces and not the women? So what you are saying the law now decreed that women are equal to men and that women have right to divorce just as men? So....who are people are worshiping exactly? Allah or his creation? I need to know. Any woman who worship anyone but Allah and follow man-made law then they can go ahead and do it...I am not going to lose sleep really. Wallah if 99% of women on Earth will go to hellfire because they are disbelievers and associate partners with Allah...I am not going to lose sleep or lose a wink of sleep either. I will enjoy their benefits to what they bring in this world and take advantage of them in this world...as far as I am concerned they are like animals or worker bees...you get to enjoy their benefits and throw them out when you are done. That is what non-Muslim women to me is really.

    Would I care if they are in the street...naked or abused or begging for money...not would only would I not care...I would avoid them as if I will be infected from them from a disease.

    HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT? You ask? Simple..you would DO EXACTLY THAT TO A NON-MUSLIM MAN...how many out there will go out of their way and help a homeless non-Muslim man when he smell..he have long beard...he pee out in the street...he smell of rum and he may look like a creep to you? Would you do it? The answer is no. Non-Muslim women IS AND EQUAL to non-Muslim men...and they are one and the same.

    Going back to here....my knowledge it is Muslim men who have power for divorce and not Muslim women...so even if she leave the fold of Islam and worship man-made law and obey man-made law over Allah's law....well at that point....it makes no difference now does it...she is not his wife by default and the children should belong to the husband by default and he have full custody of the children by default.....but for argument sake....he is still married to her and they are not divorced. So those 80% women who initiated divorce over their husband...they are still married to him and if she goes out there and deny him access to his house...she is cursed and if she leaves without his permission she is cursed...and if she have relationship with other men she is committing zina and that child she get pregnant from..belongs to the husband (original one..that she divorced). I am surprised no one is looking at from that point of view!

    The question is...how many women or men on Earth are actually Muslim....
    From what I know Islam does permit divorce. But that's not the point, there's a lot of conditions that go with it. It was never meant to be a kid's game.

    Technically denying the Inheritance law is tantamount to disbelief but they excuse themselves by saying there is no sharia state and that the state is secular.

    But in that case why should men have to pay Mahr if we are in a secular state. The government should put a total and complete ban on Mahr like they did with dowry.

  17. #33
    anatolian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Turkey
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,756
    Threads
    46
    Reputation
    5463
    Rep Power
    76
    Likes (Given)
    328
    Likes (Received)
    1012

    Re: Divorce in Bangladesh Skyrocketing Fast

    Quote Originally Posted by Futuwwa View Post
    Bro, don't speculate on insufficient information. If I were of less sound judgment, I might actually think you are onto something, and nothing good would follow from that. She knows very well that she should not do what she is doing. She has tried to be a good wife so hard that it has broken her. She believes herself to be incapable of marriage, and I'm starting to believe her. Ever since she told me she thinks it would be best if we divorced, she has consistently acted with the well-being of everyone in the family in mind.
    OK. Excuse me if I went too far. Actually your case sounded so similiar to my brother’s and one of my cousins’ cases where their wives just thought that they were the boss. They were criticizing their husbands frequently and were thinking that they could control them. Both marriages endded up with divorce. But in their cases it was the husbands who wanted the divorce because they could not stand it any more.

    If its a psychological thing and she is well aware of that I still want to suggest you to take a professional help as a last chance before the inevitable end if you havent done yet. You know there are marriage pyschologists. They even suggest divorce if they understand that nothing can be done. Inshallah everything becomes good for you
    | Likes Junon liked this post
    Divorce in Bangladesh Skyrocketing Fast

    “Either seem as you are or be as you seem” Rumi

  18. #34
    CuriousonTruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    419
    Threads
    26
    Reputation
    207
    Rep Power
    5
    Likes (Given)
    13
    Likes (Received)
    87

    Re: Divorce in Bangladesh Skyrocketing Fast

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prince View Post
    You think the social stigma attached to divorcees was/is a good system? Really??? Is that an islamic teaching?

    Islamically women are allowed to work arent they? I know if my mum went to hospital, Id like her to be seen by a lady doctor. Not a male doctor. And for that reason, in a medical service role, Id encourage my daughter to get a good education and a good job.

    Unfortunately alot of countries are becoming like the west and getting distant from Islam. Not just Bangladesh. That doesnt make it ok. Im just saying that the global village is going in that direction. In other words, the world is getting ready for dajjal.
    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousonTruth View Post
    Lack of parental care because of both parents working is raising a generation of porn addict, drug abusing teens in biking gangs and other stuff without their parents having slightest clue before it is too late.
    Just to drive home the point: https://web.facebook.com/born.to.be....1-ku3M&fref=nf

    Watch the Video, it's from International Model United Nations(IMUN) in Bangladesh.

    If you don't have facebook, let me describe it. Basically guardians are not allowed after 6 PM and that's when all the bad stuff happens.

    The girls are doing lapdance on other guys with all the other students(including your precious hijabis) cheering on recording it on their phones.

    To anyone reading this, please take care of your children.
    Last edited by CuriousonTruth; 03-04-2019 at 12:38 PM.

  19. Report bad ads?
  20. #35
    xboxisdead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    845
    Threads
    84
    Reputation
    1091
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    57
    Likes (Received)
    240

    Re: Divorce in Bangladesh Skyrocketing Fast

    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousonTruth View Post
    Sharia court? Is there Sharia court in Bangladesh, even I don't know.

    And anyway, no they divorce through secular court. If these women gave as much a damn about formality, the divorce rate, I say would have been lower.

    Here's the funny part though: when it comes to demanding extortionate Mahr, they bring their rent-a-mullahs in. Btw, while we are in topic, a recent national news happened in which a woman was found by her husband to have cheated on him for multiple men (ex-boyfriends I think). And this man had paid around 30,000 pounds in Mahr. Way to get absolutely screwed over.

    - - - Updated - - -



    From what I know Islam does permit divorce. But that's not the point, there's a lot of conditions that go with it. It was never meant to be a kid's game.

    Technically denying the Inheritance law is tantamount to disbelief but they excuse themselves by saying there is no sharia state and that the state is secular.

    But in that case why should men have to pay Mahr if we are in a secular state. The government should put a total and complete ban on Mahr like they did with dowry.
    That is called Khula and that is given to women for in an extreme cases where she may get oppressed and it is given to her for a very legit excuse or reason. It is not given to her because it give her equal power to her husband and thus women and men are allowed to divorce each other. Otherwise the whole concept of the husband is the one who initiate a divorce and not the woman is a joke.....a false.....a facade and that is not the case. Allah (Subhanahu Wa Talaa) have given the husband the authority to divorce and not the wife but have given the wife an escape door (a behind door) where the wife can go to the court...and place her case to the judge that her husband whom she is living with is oppression her and going against Allah 100%! Then the court study the case and filter out any false allegations after professional study and research and investigation on the matter then they give her the divorce and she divorces her husband. But with khula SHE MUST RETURN BACK ALL THE MONEY OR GIFT her HUSBAND have given her...THAT IS THE KUHLA.

    NOT THAT THE WIFE BLUNTLY SAYS IN FRONT OF HER HUSBAND'S FACE, "I DIVORCE YOU" and the divorce takes place and then she takes 100% of his wealth, his home, kick him out of the house...and then take the children and cut ties between father and children/child and cause parental alienation and put the husband into suicide mode....THAT IS NOT ISLAM. ISLAM DOES NOT PERMIT EMASCULATION, DOES NOT PERMIT HUMILIATION...DOES NOT PERMIT OPPRESSION...DOES NOT PERMIT GIVING WOMEN ABSOLUTE POWER or say Allah favors one gender over other and throw the other gender into the trash just because it is a form of punishment born in that gender. THAT IS NOT ISLAM.

    THAT IS MAN MADE LAW YES...but not Islam. I am expecting next a new law that says girls inherit 100% of all the wealth..boys inherit nothing AND THE REASON BEEN AND THEIR EXCUSE WILL BE..BECAUSE GIRLS ARE THE WEAKER SEX AND SHE NEED IT AND BOYS CAN HANDLE THEMSELVES. Will let me tell you something buster out there....IT IS BOYS WHO ARE THE WEAKER SEX AND I HAVE BIOLOGY TO BACK MY CASE UP! So now what are you going to do? Huh! Now what are you going to do?

  21. #36
    SintoDinto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    263
    Threads
    73
    Reputation
    138
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    61
    Likes (Received)
    54

    Re: Divorce in Bangladesh Skyrocketing Fast

    dang I didn't know it was that bad @CuriousonTruth can't we at least call for a middle ground?

  22. #37
    CuriousonTruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    419
    Threads
    26
    Reputation
    207
    Rep Power
    5
    Likes (Given)
    13
    Likes (Received)
    87

    Re: Divorce in Bangladesh Skyrocketing Fast

    Quote Originally Posted by SintoDinto View Post
    dang I didn't know it was that bad @CuriousonTruth can't we at least call for a middle ground?
    Middle ground on what. Children need a proper mother to raise them, not a trendy miss world wannabe, constantly taking selfies everytime they breathe oxygen acting like 15 yo even when they are 30+.

    This culture needs to stop here and now.
    | Likes Imraan liked this post

  23. #38
    ardianto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Indonesia
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    8,558
    Threads
    157
    Reputation
    51593
    Rep Power
    100
    Likes (Given)
    2862
    Likes (Received)
    4808

    Re: Divorce in Bangladesh Skyrocketing Fast

    Quote Originally Posted by Futuwwa View Post
    If only it were that simple.

    I have my character flaws, but am I unlovable? It seems like I will be divorced. My wife has a sickness of the soul that makes her find fault and annoyance in everything I do, in my very essence. She hates that part of herself, and she hates what my presence does to her. I know she has tried very hard to fight it and suppress her negative feelings, hard enough that we have both been left broken and miserable by it. She has tried her hardest and failed, thus I cannot fault her. There is a reason why divorce is the worst of all things that are permitted, yet is permitted.
    Rather than think to divorce your wife, why don't you try to understand her?. Understand a woman actually is not difficult, as long as you try to understand her by your heart. Throw away all prejudices toward her from your mind, and try to put yourself in her shoes. Imagine if you were her, what would you feel?.
    | Likes Eric H liked this post

  24. #39
    AbdurRahman.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    700
    Threads
    2
    Reputation
    1739
    Rep Power
    45
    Likes (Given)
    696
    Likes (Received)
    547

    Re: Divorce in Bangladesh Skyrocketing Fast

    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousonTruth View Post
    Sharia court? Is there Sharia court in Bangladesh, even I don't know.

    And anyway, no they divorce through secular court. If these women gave as much a damn about formality, the divorce rate, I say would have been lower.

    Here's the funny part though: when it comes to demanding extortionate Mahr, they bring their rent-a-mullahs in. Btw, while we are in topic, a recent national news happened in which a woman was found by her husband to have cheated on him for multiple men (ex-boyfriends I think). And this man had paid around 30,000 pounds in Mahr. Way to get absolutely screwed over.

    - - - Updated - - -



    From what I know Islam does permit divorce. But that's not the point, there's a lot of conditions that go with it. It was never meant to be a kid's game.

    Technically denying the Inheritance law is tantamount to disbelief but they excuse themselves by saying there is no sharia state and that the state is secular.

    But in that case why should men have to pay Mahr if we are in a secular state. The government should put a total and complete ban on Mahr like they did with dowry.
    The secular courts double up as sharia courts too as the judges will ensure certain Islamic requirements are met, such as obtaining vocal divorce from husbands

    Also, the way it will usually work in such a country/culture is that... The woman leaves.. families arbitrate and the divorce would be finalised by obtaining the vocal divorce from husband
    Last edited by AbdurRahman.; 03-05-2019 at 11:14 PM.

  25. Report bad ads?
  26. #40
    xboxisdead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    845
    Threads
    84
    Reputation
    1091
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    57
    Likes (Received)
    240

    Re: Divorce in Bangladesh Skyrocketing Fast

    Quote Originally Posted by AbdullahAziz View Post
    The secular courts double up as sharia courts too as the judges will ensure certain Islamic requirements are met, such as obtaining vocal divorce from husbands

    Also, the way it will usually work in such a country/culture is that... The woman leaves.. families arbitrate and the divorce would be finalised by obtaining the vocal divorce from husband
    Let us be honest....the way the world work now we have made full mockery of Allah's law...taken his law and stepped on it...that is what we have done..and in additional removed any authoritative and rights of husbands that Allah have given them which further confirms my believe that when it comes to men's right even if it comes from Allah we refuse to believe in it and object on it but when it comes to women right we submit and happy with it. This is the perverted..double standard....and willing to go to Jahnam just because Allah created male which is different than female and have given him different rights is why I don't mind if a giant ball from the sky was to fall in our head and wipe us all. You have problem with Allah creating the male sex..please go to him and object. I doubt you will go that far.


    I AM THANKFUL I am not married. I am thankful I do not have children.
    Last edited by *charisma*; 03-09-2019 at 11:11 PM. Reason: off-topic ranting is not fruitful discussion


  27. Hide
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Divorce in Bangladesh Skyrocketing Fast Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Divorce in Bangladesh Skyrocketing Fast
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Islamic divorce vs US court divorce
    By amnamalik in forum General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-24-2017, 12:42 PM
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-01-2013, 02:42 PM
  3. Can i use my inhaler during the fast? does it break my fast?
    By welcome_islam in forum Fasting, Ramadhan & Eid ul-Fitr
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-05-2011, 04:55 PM
  4. Intention to Break the Fast, Nullify the Fast?
    By MinAhlilHadeeth in forum Fasting, Ramadhan & Eid ul-Fitr
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-19-2007, 01:31 PM
  5. Should Muslims fast on the day Jews fast??
    By QuranStudy in forum Comparative religion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-03-2006, 09:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
create