× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 6 of 6 visibility 724

Thread: A Few Questions

  1. #1
    William Wallace's Avatar
    brightness_1
    Full Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    41
    Threads
    3
    Rep Power
    3
    Rep Ratio
    2
    Likes Ratio
    8

    A Few Questions

    Report bad ads?

    Salam brothers and sisters

    Are we allowed to have custom avatars?

    Can a moderator add Catholic as a religion choice? I understand that Christianity is an option but I did not see Catholic as an option. There are well over 1 billion Catholics in our world so I’m hoping that Catholic or Catholicism can be added as an option when folks select their religion in their profile.
    Quote Quote

  2. Report bad ads?
  3. #2
    Nitro Zeus's Avatar
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Romania, Bucharest
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,490
    Threads
    387
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Ratio
    7
    Likes Ratio
    14

    Re: A Few Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by William Wallace View Post
    Salam brothers and sisters

    Are we allowed to have custom avatars?

    Can a moderator add Catholic as a religion choice? I understand that Christianity is an option but I did not see Catholic as an option. There are well over 1 billion Catholics in our world so I’m hoping that Catholic or Catholicism can be added as an option when folks select their religion in their profile.
    I don't see anything with it. But the only thing you cannot do here is to chat with genders that opposite than your gender and you cannot make aninated images like anime, because that is forbidden in Islam. But anything that has no connection and relationship with anime, then it is ok. Like for example, you can make a photo of Prophet Jesus if you want, but you must make one that is respectful but not disrespectful, because we do not respect the intolerance towards any Prophet and Messenger of God whether is Moses, Jesus, Abraham etc...

    But, you can for example instead of using an animated picture, why don't you use a picture of beach or ocean or space or of an airplane? That would be much better, because this does not violate the rules of this forum. Because, we believe that animated images like a picture of animal, human or insect is a form of immitating God Almighty and we do not like someone trying to immitate God Almighty in creating. Because, God Almighty is Unique and no one is capable of creating a thing or something like Him and if any Muslim does that, then he is accused of blasphemy and he is subjected to death penalty. Because, Prophet Muhammad said that the people will be punished on the Day of Judgment are image makers. So we do not like to ve punished on the Day of Judgment and we try to avoid God's Punishment as much as possible.

    I hope you understand
    Quote Quote

  4. #3
    Eric H's Avatar
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    uk
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    3,614
    Threads
    30
    Rep Power
    125
    Rep Ratio
    142
    Likes Ratio
    79

    Re: A Few Questions

    Greetings and peace be with you William and welcome to the forum;

    I am a Catholic and have been on this forum for fifteen years; I accept the title of Christian. Just a thought, if you follow Islam, the forum does not allow you to put anything other than Islam as a religion, so no discrimination.

    Blessings,
    Eric
    | Likes William Wallace liked this post
    A Few Questions

    You will never look into the eyes of anyone who does not matter to God.
    Quote Quote

  5. #4
    William Wallace's Avatar
    brightness_1
    Full Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    41
    Threads
    3
    Rep Power
    3
    Rep Ratio
    2
    Likes Ratio
    8

    Re: A Few Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric H View Post
    Greetings and peace be with you William and welcome to the forum;

    I am a Catholic and have been on this forum for fifteen years; I accept the title of Christian. Just a thought, if you follow Islam, the forum does not allow you to put anything other than Islam as a religion, so no discrimination.

    Blessings,
    Eric
    Thanks brother. Peace be with you. I do accept the title of Christian as well

    here’s another question I just saw that apparently now my posts have to be approved of a moderator but that wasn’t the case when I made the 1st post itt . I’m going to ask what’s going on here?
    Quote Quote

  6. Report bad ads?
  7. #5
    Ümit's Avatar
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    890
    Threads
    9
    Rep Power
    21
    Rep Ratio
    43
    Likes Ratio
    64

    Re: A Few Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by William Wallace View Post
    Thanks brother. Peace be with you. I do accept the title of Christian as well

    here’s another question I just saw that apparently now my posts have to be approved of a moderator but that wasn’t the case when I made the 1st post itt . I’m going to ask what’s going on here?
    thats with all new members...I do not exactly remember but it was like the first 20 or 50 post were moderated...after that you will be a full member...something like that...
    it has nothing to do with your religion.
    | Likes William Wallace liked this post
    Quote Quote

  8. #6
    William Wallace's Avatar
    brightness_1
    Full Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    41
    Threads
    3
    Rep Power
    3
    Rep Ratio
    2
    Likes Ratio
    8

    Re: A Few Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Ümit View Post
    thats with all new members...I do not exactly remember but it was like the first 20 or 50 post were moderated...after that you will be a full member...something like that...
    it has nothing to do with your religion.
    Thank you brother. I noticed that I was able to post in this section of the forum without my post being moderated. But my posts are under review in another section of the forum before they are posted
    Quote Quote


  9. Hide
Hey there! A Few Questions Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. A Few Questions
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-02-2018, 01:55 AM
  2. Questions from & to a non-Muslim (Questions & Answers thread)
    By L a n a in forum Comparative religion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-07-2017, 02:12 PM
  3. 5 must-ask questions
    By kmjamal in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-08-2016, 04:24 PM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-26-2009, 05:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
create