× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    INsearch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fair Haven, Vermont, U.S.A.
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    172
    Threads
    25
    Reputation
    720
    Rep Power
    66
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Inteligant design in school?

    Report bad ads?

    who here thinks that we should be teaching intelligent design in our schools? I think we should be. To me the teaching of no God or the idea that everything exists do to natural reasons is really just making society worse... what do you guys think?
    Inteligant design in school?

    Islam is the TRUTH!!
    "The worst moment for the atheist is when he is really thankful and has nobody to thank."- Dante Gabriel Rossetti

  2. Report bad ads?
  3. #2
    brotherinfaith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    morocco
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Posts
    74
    Threads
    5
    Reputation
    291
    Rep Power
    67
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Inteligant design in school?

    even those who used to se that there is no god can't ignore the perfect way everything is designed in universe and that truth is what man since the beginings has been trying to avoid first because of the ignorance and now because of the arrogance and it's all making the world a worse place especially for good people

  4. #3
    Trumble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Buddhist
    Posts
    3,275
    Threads
    21
    Reputation
    10492
    Rep Power
    91
    Likes (Given)
    4
    Likes (Received)
    20

    Re: Inteligant design in school?

    Depends where it's taught. Religious studies class, fine. Philosophy class, fine. Just don't pretend it has anything to do with science.

  5. #4
    INsearch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fair Haven, Vermont, U.S.A.
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    172
    Threads
    25
    Reputation
    720
    Rep Power
    66
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Inteligant design in school?

    well taught in public schools mainly elementary schools and High Schools (higher up schools dont have as much of a problem) the problem is that kids and teenagers are taught that "this is exactly how it happened" I think the idea of Intelligent design should be discussed and taught as another possible way everything came to be.
    Inteligant design in school?

    Islam is the TRUTH!!
    "The worst moment for the atheist is when he is really thankful and has nobody to thank."- Dante Gabriel Rossetti

  6. Report bad ads?
  7. #5
    brotherinfaith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    morocco
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Posts
    74
    Threads
    5
    Reputation
    291
    Rep Power
    67
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Inteligant design in school?

    yes it will give the new generation a boarder way of thinking better than to be brainwashed of evolution and all the stuff they teach them now and i don't think it should be considered as religious class in a more academic way

  8. #6
    INsearch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fair Haven, Vermont, U.S.A.
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    172
    Threads
    25
    Reputation
    720
    Rep Power
    66
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Inteligant design in school?

    I think it should just be included in science class either as a unit or part of the lesson. In any unit that suggests one way the earth was created or how life first started it should be manditory to also get a bit into the idea of intelligent design.
    Inteligant design in school?

    Islam is the TRUTH!!
    "The worst moment for the atheist is when he is really thankful and has nobody to thank."- Dante Gabriel Rossetti

  9. #7
    Chuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Posts
    938
    Threads
    60
    Reputation
    6130
    Rep Power
    92
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Re: Inteligant design in school?

    Quote Originally Posted by INsearch View Post
    who here thinks that we should be teaching intelligent design in our schools? I think we should be. To me the teaching of no God or the idea that everything exists do to natural reasons is really just making society worse... what do you guys think?
    You don't need ID for that. Science has its limitations and it is not intended to answer those questions.

    As for ID it is new it has to go through a long process of refinement if it is to be taught in science classes. It is top down approach and it has potential.
    Inteligant design in school?

    It is not Al-Birr (piety, righteousness, and obedience to Allâh, etc.) that you turn your faces towards east and (or) west (in prayers); but Al-Birr is (the quality of) the one who believes in Allâh, the Last Day, the Angels, the Book, the Prophets and gives his wealth, in spite of love for it, to the kinsfolk, to the orphans, and to Al-Masâkîn (the poor), and to the wayfarer, and to those who ask, and to set slaves free, performs As-Salât, and gives the Zakât, and keep their word whenever they make a promise, and who are patient in extreme poverty and ailment (disease) and at the time of persecution, hardship, and war. Such are the people of the truth and they are Al-Muttaqûn (the pious).


  10. #8
    INsearch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fair Haven, Vermont, U.S.A.
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    172
    Threads
    25
    Reputation
    720
    Rep Power
    66
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Inteligant design in school?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    You don't need ID for that. Science has its limitations and it is not intended to answer those questions.

    As for ID it is new it has to go through a long process of refinement if it is to be taught in science classes. It is top down approach and it has potential.
    but unless you notice most schools and science classes tend to use what science says as an answer for those questions.
    Inteligant design in school?

    Islam is the TRUTH!!
    "The worst moment for the atheist is when he is really thankful and has nobody to thank."- Dante Gabriel Rossetti

  11. #9
    جوري's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    من ارض الكنانة
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    27,760
    Threads
    1260
    Reputation
    246637
    Rep Power
    230
    Likes (Given)
    5578
    Likes (Received)
    6287

    Re: Inteligant design in school?

    I personally think all kids should go to parochial schools... or have religion class on weekends
    1-I like uniforms for children--- I don't like little teenage girls that look like runaway hookers
    2-I like school extracurricular activities-- I don't like teenage girl/boy extracurricular activity that is outside of academia
    3- I like discipline -- I don't like the 'it is a phase they'll grow out of'
    4- I like theological rationalism that believes in God on the basis of reason -- but I don't like the pushy approach of zealots.
    5- I like bright young kids who are involved in many projects and work to cultivate their talent by trying many different things-- I don't like aggressive ambition that doesn't care whom it tramples in its path...


    so to be honest I don't think any of my afore mentioned are available in pubic schools.. I have never been to a public school and I don't have a favorable opinion just judging from some of the youths I had encountered ...
    so to answer your question (yes to intelligent design but it would have to be a part of a parochial or private institution) people would rather see their tax money spent killing Muslims in Iraq, or Palestine, or Chechnya or Bosnia, or Iran or Pakistan etc etc, than see it sent on pondering age old questions in public schools...


    my two cents..

    Inteligant design in school?

    Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him


  12. Report bad ads?
  13. #10
    INsearch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fair Haven, Vermont, U.S.A.
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    172
    Threads
    25
    Reputation
    720
    Rep Power
    66
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Inteligant design in school?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine View Post
    I personally think all kids should go to parochial schools... or have religion class on weekends
    1-I like uniforms for children--- I don't like little teenage girls that look like runaway hookers
    2-I like school extracurricular activities-- I don't like teenage girl/boy extracurricular activity that is outside of academia
    3- I like discipline -- I don't like the 'it is a phase they'll grow out of'
    4- I like theological rationalism that believes in God on the basis of reason -- but I don't like the pushy approach of zealots.
    5- I like bright young kids who are involved in many projects and work to cultivate their talent by trying many different things-- I don't like aggressive ambition that doesn't care whom it tramples in its path...


    so to be honest I don't think any of my afore mentioned are available in pubic schools.. I have never been to a public school and I don't have a favorable opinion just judging from some of the youths I had encountered ...
    so to answer your question (yes to intelligent design but it would have to be a part of a parochial or private institution) people would rather see their tax money spent killing Muslims in Iraq, or Palestine, or Chechnya or Bosnia, or Iran or Pakistan etc etc, than see it sent on pondering age old questions in public schools...


    my two cents..

    very good post
    Inteligant design in school?

    Islam is the TRUTH!!
    "The worst moment for the atheist is when he is really thankful and has nobody to thank."- Dante Gabriel Rossetti

  14. #11
    Hamayun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    London (UK)
    Posts
    836
    Threads
    60
    Reputation
    5658
    Rep Power
    69
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Inteligant design in school?

    I think it is sad that the education in schools is biased towards the Athiest point of view. Creation is treated like something absurd and impossible.

    I think it needs to be balanced where you tell the kids..

    These are all possibilities... and leave them to decide which one they find more convincing...


  15. Hide
Hey there! Inteligant design in school? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Inteligant design in school?
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Web Design... Help?
    By Tyrion in forum General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-05-2011, 11:16 AM
  2. Argument from Design.
    By Lynx in forum Clarifications about Islam
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 02-02-2010, 01:44 AM
  3. design..
    By islamic_sister in forum Feedback & Suggestions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-22-2007, 09:33 PM
  4. New Forum Design!!!
    By kadafi in forum News and Announcements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-08-2005, 07:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
create