× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Islamic Question and Answer thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Results 101 to 118 of 118
  1. #1
    If you can read this please remember me in your duas :P Array Jewel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    6,831
    Threads
    1024
    Reputation
    31412
    Rep Power
    55

    Islamic Question and Answer thread (OP)




    This thread will be a question and answer thread answered by a qualified scholars. Please post your question below and the shaykhs will answer them in their own time.



    Edit: Thread reopened.
    Last edited by Jewel; 03-12-2015 at 10:32 PM.
    1 | Likes Muslim Woman liked this post

  2. #101
    Ridwaan Ravat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    SA
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    921
    Threads
    104
    Reputation
    4837
    Rep Power
    19
    Likes (Given)
    29
    Likes (Received)
    548

    Re: Islamic Question and Answer thread

    Report bad ads?

    Quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman View Post





    dua is same for both men and women ?


    which dua we can recite for ourselves to remain healthy ?
    Assalamualykum

    Yes it is the same for both men and women.

    Jazakallah khair

  3. Report bad ads?
  4. #102
    Ridwaan Ravat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    SA
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    921
    Threads
    104
    Reputation
    4837
    Rep Power
    19
    Likes (Given)
    29
    Likes (Received)
    548

    Re: Islamic Question and Answer thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman View Post


    which dua we can recite for ourselves to remain healthy ?
    Assalamualykum.

    General duaa can be made for one wellbeing and health. Also one should live a healthy lifestyle with good eating habits. The best principal is what was taught to us by Nabee صلي الله عليه و سلم , one third food , one third water and one third for air.

    May Allah keep us all healthy to offer more worship. Aameen
    1 | Likes Muslim Woman liked this post
    Islamic Question and Answer thread


  5. #103
    Abu Musab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    http://darulilm.wordpress.com
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    181
    Threads
    3
    Reputation
    1201
    Rep Power
    62
    Likes (Given)
    8
    Likes (Received)
    25

    Re: Islamic Question and Answer thread

    Ah so you are the Moulana conducting the classes on farhan's new radio station, from your name i thought you may havebeen from south africa, but i see your location says you're from the uk.

  6. #104
    Jewel's Avatar
    Jewel is offline
    If you can read this please remember me in your duas :P

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    6,831
    Threads
    1024
    Reputation
    31412
    Rep Power
    55
    Likes (Given)
    2184
    Likes (Received)
    6058

    Re: Islamic Question and Answer thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Abu Musab View Post
    Ah so you are the Moulana conducting the classes on farhan's new radio station, from your name i thought you may havebeen from south africa, but i see your location says you're from the uk.
    Yes he's from South Africa brother .

    The location is a mistake, will correct it soon .
    1 | Likes Muslim Woman liked this post

  7. Report bad ads?
  8. #105
    Abu Musab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    http://darulilm.wordpress.com
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    181
    Threads
    3
    Reputation
    1201
    Rep Power
    62
    Likes (Given)
    8
    Likes (Received)
    25

    Re: Islamic Question and Answer thread

    Quote Originally Posted by فرحان View Post
    Yes he's from South Africa brother .

    The location is a mistake, will correct it soon .
    Did you at least interview him on the radio so that people can come to know him?
    1 | Likes Muslim Woman liked this post

  9. #106
    Jewel's Avatar
    Jewel is offline
    If you can read this please remember me in your duas :P

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    6,831
    Threads
    1024
    Reputation
    31412
    Rep Power
    55
    Likes (Given)
    2184
    Likes (Received)
    6058

    Re: Islamic Question and Answer thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Abu Musab View Post
    Did you at least interview him on the radio so that people can come to know him?
    His classes start from Jan 2016, due to his other commitments.

    Yes that's a good idea .
    1 | Likes Muslim Woman liked this post

  10. #107
    Aaqib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    671
    Threads
    110
    Reputation
    3694
    Rep Power
    16
    Likes (Given)
    404
    Likes (Received)
    458

    Listening to a toy that says "We wish you a Merry Christmas!"

    I told my brother to stop listening to it, and he says he's not wishing it he's listening to it.

    He ALWAYS plays this and it annoys me.

    Is this haraam?
    1 | Likes Muslim Woman liked this post
    Islamic Question and Answer thread

    He is Allah, other than whom there is no deity, the Sovereign, the Pure, the Perfection, the Bestower of Faith, the Overseer, the Exalted in Might, the Compeller, the Superior. Exalted is Allah above whatever they associate with Him [59:23]




  11. #108
    Abu Musab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    http://darulilm.wordpress.com
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    181
    Threads
    3
    Reputation
    1201
    Rep Power
    62
    Likes (Given)
    8
    Likes (Received)
    25

    Re: Listening to a toy that says "We wish you a Merry Christmas!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Aaqib View Post
    I told my brother to stop listening to it, and he says he's not wishing it he's listening to it.

    He ALWAYS plays this and it annoys me.

    Is this haraam?
    Yes it is haraam.

    For firstly music in general is haraam.

    Then added to that is the fact that celebration of the kuffaar holidays in any way or form, is at best haraam, other `ulamaa have said it's kufr.

    So this compounds two haraam acts, 1) Music. 2) Support of kuffaar celebrations.

    Wallaahu A`lam.

  12. #109
    Ridwaan Ravat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    SA
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    921
    Threads
    104
    Reputation
    4837
    Rep Power
    19
    Likes (Given)
    29
    Likes (Received)
    548

    Re: Listening to a toy that says "We wish you a Merry Christmas!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Aaqib View Post
    I told my brother to stop listening to it, and he says he's not wishing it he's listening to it.

    He ALWAYS plays this and it annoys me.

    Is this haraam?
    Assalamualykum.

    May Allah reward you for the concern you have for your elder brothers wellbeing.

    It is incorrect to listen to "Merry Christmas", and I suggest you continue speaking to him lovingly. If he fails to listen , perhaps discuss it with your parents.

    May Allah make it easy for you.

    Jazakallah khair

    Request duaas
    1 | Likes Muslim Woman liked this post
    Islamic Question and Answer thread


  13. Report bad ads?
  14. #110
    sfontel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    134
    Threads
    4
    Reputation
    140
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    86
    Likes (Received)
    16

    Re: Islamic Question and Answer thread

    Is it true that according to Islam hell will be empty eventually?

    Thanks and God bless!

  15. #111
    BlueOwl358's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Islamabad, Pakistan
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    156
    Threads
    10
    Reputation
    896
    Rep Power
    25
    Likes (Given)
    95
    Likes (Received)
    129

    Re: Islamic Question and Answer thread

    Prophetic narrations state that Hell will almost be empty and anyone with more faith than the weight of a mustard seed will be removed from it. However, those that do not have even this amount of faith will remain inside eternally.

    It was narrated from Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When the people of Paradise enter Paradise and the people of Hell enter Hell, Allaah will say: ‘Whoever had a mustard-seed’s weight of faith in his heart, bring him out.’ So they will bring him out, and they will come out like burned skeletons, and they will turn into charcoal. They will be thrown into the River of Life, then they will grow like seeds growing in the silt left by a flood.” The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Do you not see how they emerge yellow and curved?” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (6192) and Muslim (184).

    However, as I said, people who have not even the slightest of faith or have abandoned the concept of monotheism will not receive this freedom, and Hell will be present for them forever.

    Indeed, those who disbelieve and commit wrong [or injustice] - never will Allah forgive them, nor will He guide them to a path. Except the path of Hell; they will abide therein forever. And that, for Allah, is [always] easy. (Quran 4:168-169)

    This hadith is also relevant but a bit lengthy: http://quranx.com/hadith/bukhari/Book-97/Hadith-135/

    Some extra links if you need more information: https://islamqa.info/en/21672, https://islamqa.info/en/96531

    Peace.
    Islamic Question and Answer thread

    It has been narrated on the authority of 'Arfaja who said:

    I have heard the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) say: Different evils will make their appearance in the near future. Anyone who tries to disrupt the affairs of this Umma while they are united you should strike him with the sword whoever he be.

  16. #112
    sfontel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    134
    Threads
    4
    Reputation
    140
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    86
    Likes (Received)
    16

    Re: Islamic Question and Answer thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueOwl358 View Post
    Prophetic narrations state that Hell will almost be empty and anyone with more faith than the weight of a mustard seed will be removed from it. However, those that do not have even this amount of faith will remain inside eternally.

    It was narrated from Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When the people of Paradise enter Paradise and the people of Hell enter Hell, Allaah will say: ‘Whoever had a mustard-seed’s weight of faith in his heart, bring him out.’ So they will bring him out, and they will come out like burned skeletons, and they will turn into charcoal. They will be thrown into the River of Life, then they will grow like seeds growing in the silt left by a flood.” The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Do you not see how they emerge yellow and curved?” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (6192) and Muslim (184).

    However, as I said, people who have not even the slightest of faith or have abandoned the concept of monotheism will not receive this freedom, and Hell will be present for them forever.

    Indeed, those who disbelieve and commit wrong [or injustice] - never will Allah forgive them, nor will He guide them to a path. Except the path of Hell; they will abide therein forever. And that, for Allah, is [always] easy. (Quran 4:168-169)

    This hadith is also relevant but a bit lengthy: http://quranx.com/hadith/bukhari/Book-97/Hadith-135/

    Some extra links if you need more information: https://islamqa.info/en/21672, https://islamqa.info/en/96531

    Peace.
    Thanks!

  17. #113
    Muslim Woman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    11,690
    Threads
    358
    Reputation
    79861
    Rep Power
    117
    Likes (Given)
    8526
    Likes (Received)
    3493

    Re: Islamic Question and Answer thread





    A Woman died after giving birth of a baby girl in the hospital . Baby's father left the baby , so a lady took the baby home . Her husband refused to adopt the baby . So , woman's sister took the responsibility to raise her .

    Now , the problem is , in birth certificate , in identity card , what to write as father and mothers name as they don't know these info .


    Regards.
    Islamic Question and Answer thread

    Christ will never be proud to reject to be a slave to God .....holy Quran, chapter Women , 4: 172

    recitation:http://quran.jalisi.com

  18. #114
    Abu Musab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    http://darulilm.wordpress.com
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    181
    Threads
    3
    Reputation
    1201
    Rep Power
    62
    Likes (Given)
    8
    Likes (Received)
    25

    Re: Islamic Question and Answer thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman View Post




    A Woman died after giving birth of a baby girl in the hospital . Baby's father left the baby , so a lady took the baby home . Her husband refused to adopt the baby . So , woman's sister took the responsibility to raise her .

    Now , the problem is , in birth certificate , in identity card , what to write as father and mothers name as they don't know these info .


    Regards.
    Wa `alaykumus salaam.

    If they do not know the details of the real parents, then they can put in their own details or anything they want, because the certificate does not determine parentage in the Sharee`ah.

    If she raises the child, then the child should be informed at a later stage that she was adopted.

    One final point, mere adoption doesn't make you into family, luckily this is a baby, so she needs to breastfeed the child in order for the child to become her milk daughter, then they are actually family.

    Otherwise if not, then say this was a boy, without being breastfed he'd be a ghayr mahram to her, so she could raise him right until he reaches puberty, but then she would have to observe hijaab from him because he's a strange adult male with no relation to her.

    So to summarise:

    1: Fill in any details.
    2: Breastfeed the child.
    3: Inform the child at a later age of the adoption.

    Wallaahu A`lam.
    1 | Likes Muslim Woman liked this post

  19. Report bad ads?
  20. #115
    Anniza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    6
    Threads
    2
    Reputation
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Haram or Halal

    Are octinoxate and oxybenzone halal or haram?

  21. #116
    amanshaikh1086's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    29
    Threads
    1
    Reputation
    126
    Rep Power
    34
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    5

    Re: Islamic Question and Answer thread

    Salam walikum

    Islamic QA session idea is best because islamic knowledge share.

    Thanks.

  22. #117
    amanshaikh1086's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    29
    Threads
    1
    Reputation
    126
    Rep Power
    34
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    5

    Re: Islamic Question and Answer thread

    Hello

    - Islamic Question and Answer best platform for this.
    - It should be get improve Islamic Knowledge.

  23. #118
    faseehurrehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2
    Threads
    1
    Reputation
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Is Software Engineering Haram?

    Assalamualikum,

    I am posting to know about the authenticity of a Hadith (picture attached). According to my research Sahih Muslim 6574 on www.sahihmuslim.com is different from the one in the picture, which is "This hadith has been narrated on the authority of 'Asim b. Kulaib with the same chain of transmitters that Allaah's Messenger (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) said to me: Say:" O Allaah, I beg of Thee righteousness and adhering to the straight path."

    Thanks in advance,
    Faseeh





Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Hey there! Islamic Question and Answer thread Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Islamic Question and Answer thread
Sign Up

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
create