× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Islamic Question and Answer thread
Page 7 of 7 First ... 5 6 7
Results 121 to 134 of 134
  1. #1
    Jewel is offline
    If you can read this please remember me in your duas :P
    Array Jewel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    6,839
    Threads
    1028
    Reputation
    31442
    Rep Power
    61

    Islamic Question and Answer thread (OP)




    This thread will be a question and answer thread answered by a qualified scholars. Please post your question below and the shaykhs will answer them in their own time.



    Edit: Thread reopened.
    Last edited by Jewel; 03-12-2015 at 10:32 PM.
    3 | Likes Muslim Woman, SZShaikh, manofIslam liked this post

  2. #121
    sofianeabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    18
    Threads
    4
    Reputation
    74
    Rep Power
    17
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    5

    Re: Islamic Question and Answer thread

    Report bad ads?

    Is it halal to steal something that is classified as haram in order to destroy it? For example alcohol?

  3. Report bad ads?
  4. #122
    99sobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    99
    Threads
    18
    Reputation
    658
    Rep Power
    6
    Likes (Given)
    28
    Likes (Received)
    53

    Re: Islamic Question and Answer thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sofianeabi View Post
    Is it halal to steal something that is classified as haram in order to destroy it? For example alcohol?
    Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wabarakatuh,

    Bismillah,

    There is no doubt that Allah commands us in the Qur'an to enjoin what is good and forbid what is wrong. As Muslims, this is our duty. In the Qur'an, Surah Ali Imran, Allah says: "They believe in Allah and the Last Day; they enjoin Al-Ma'ruf (Islamic Monotheism, and following Prophet Muhammad SAW) and forbid Al-Munkar (polytheism, disbelief and opposing Prophet Muhammad SAW); and they hasten in (all) good works; and they are among the righteous."

    The narrations of the Prophet, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, support the idea of enjoining what is good and forbidding what is wrong. On the authority of Abu Saeed al-Khudri (may Allah be pleased with him) who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah say, “Whoever of you sees an evil must then change it with his hand. If he is not able to do so, then [he must change it ] with his tongue. And if he is not able to do so, then [he must change it] with his heart. And that is the slightest [effect of] faith.”

    Therefore, one must try their hardest to change evil with their hands, that is by removing or eradicating it. However, your proposal of stealing alcohol in order to destroy it is rather strange, as you are doing something sinful (stealing) in order to stop something sinful (alcohol). Allah gives a good solution to tackling evil in the Qur'an, Surah Fussilat: "The good deed and the evil deed cannot be equal. Repel (the evil) with one which is better (i.e. Allah ordered the faithful believers to be patient at the time of anger, and to excuse those who treat them badly)"

    The Qur'an does not teach us to repel sin with further sin; rather, it tells us to repel sin with goodness. Therefore, stealing the alcohol would not be the best solution. However, if the alcohol is in your household, for example a member of the household is consuming it, and you are in a state of authority (e.g. the parent or elder), then you can dispose of that alcohol and explain that it is haram (communication is key). But, stealing it from, say, the supermarket is impermissible, as you are in no state of authority to do so.

    And Allah knows best. I have used the Qur'an and Sunnah to aid me in my answer but I am not a scholar so please do not take my post 100%.
    1 | Likes فصيح الياسين liked this post
    Islamic Question and Answer thread

    وَمَنْ أَحْسَنُ قَوْلًا مِّمَّن دَعَا إِلَى اللَّـهِ وَعَمِلَ صَالِحًا وَقَالَ إِنَّنِي مِنَ الْمُسْلِمِينَ
    ~ And who is better in speech than someone who calls to God, and acts with integrity, and says, “I am of those who submit”?

  5. #123
    فصيح الياسين's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    pakistan
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    373
    Threads
    4
    Reputation
    450
    Rep Power
    25
    Likes (Given)
    285
    Likes (Received)
    121

    Re: Islamic Question and Answer thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 99sobi View Post
    Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wabarakatuh,

    Bismillah,

    There is no doubt that Allah commands us in the Qur'an to enjoin what is good and forbid what is wrong. As Muslims, this is our duty. In the Qur'an, Surah Ali Imran, Allah says: "They believe in Allah and the Last Day; they enjoin Al-Ma'ruf (Islamic Monotheism, and following Prophet Muhammad SAW) and forbid Al-Munkar (polytheism, disbelief and opposing Prophet Muhammad SAW); and they hasten in (all) good works; and they are among the righteous."

    The narrations of the Prophet, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, support the idea of enjoining what is good and forbidding what is wrong. On the authority of Abu Saeed al-Khudri (may Allah be pleased with him) who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah say, “Whoever of you sees an evil must then change it with his hand. If he is not able to do so, then [he must change it ] with his tongue. And if he is not able to do so, then [he must change it] with his heart. And that is the slightest [effect of] faith.”

    Therefore, one must try their hardest to change evil with their hands, that is by removing or eradicating it. However, your proposal of stealing alcohol in order to destroy it is rather strange, as you are doing something sinful (stealing) in order to stop something sinful (alcohol). Allah gives a good solution to tackling evil in the Qur'an, Surah Fussilat: "The good deed and the evil deed cannot be equal. Repel (the evil) with one which is better (i.e. Allah ordered the faithful believers to be patient at the time of anger, and to excuse those who treat them badly)"

    The Qur'an does not teach us to repel sin with further sin; rather, it tells us to repel sin with goodness. Therefore, stealing the alcohol would not be the best solution. However, if the alcohol is in your household, for example a member of the household is consuming it, and you are in a state of authority (e.g. the parent or elder), then you can dispose of that alcohol and explain that it is haram (communication is key). But, stealing it from, say, the supermarket is impermissible, as you are in no state of authority to do so.

    And Allah knows best. I have used the Qur'an and Sunnah to aid me in my answer but I am not a scholar so please do not take my post 100%.
    Very well answered mashallah.
    Also remember stealing is always haram.
    Islamic Question and Answer thread

    قال النبي محمد صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم:*الـحياءُ شُعْبَةٌ مِنَ الاِيِمَانِ*
    و قال ايضا:*الحياء لاياتى الا بخير
    و قال ايضا:*اذا لم تستحي،فاصنع ما شئت*

  6. #124
    cinnamonrolls1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,157
    Threads
    57
    Reputation
    1795
    Rep Power
    11
    Likes (Given)
    1385
    Likes (Received)
    611

    Re: Islamic Question and Answer thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sofianeabi View Post
    Is it halal to steal something that is classified as haram in order to destroy it? For example alcohol?
    I wouldnt think so. Theft is theft at the end of the day.

  7. Report bad ads?
  8. #125
    jameelash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    india
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    588
    Threads
    254
    Reputation
    6165
    Rep Power
    81
    Likes (Given)
    109
    Likes (Received)
    412

    Re: Islamic Question and Answer thread

    What is the important of muharam

  9. #126
    Abz2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Around the bend from Venus - Just before Mars
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    5,051
    Threads
    142
    Reputation
    45029
    Rep Power
    76
    Likes (Given)
    3699
    Likes (Received)
    2775

    Re: Islamic Question and Answer thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jameelash View Post
    What is the important of muharam

    Al-Ma'idah 5:97

    جَعَلَ ٱللَّهُ ٱلْكَعْبَةَ ٱلْبَيْتَ ٱلْحَرَامَ قِيَٰمًا لِّلنَّاسِ وَٱلشَّهْرَ ٱلْحَرَامَ وَٱلْهَدْىَ وَٱلْقَلَٰٓئِدَۚ ذَٰلِكَ لِتَعْلَمُوٓا۟ أَنَّ ٱللَّهَ يَعْلَمُ مَا فِى ٱلسَّمَٰوَٰتِ وَمَا فِى ٱلْأَرْضِ وَأَنَّ ٱللَّهَ بِكُلِّ شَىْءٍ عَلِيمٌ

    Allah made the Ka'ba, the Sacred House, an asylum of security for men, as also the Sacred Months, the animals for offerings, and the garlands that mark them: That ye may know that Allah hath knowledge of what is in the heavens and on earth and that Allah is well acquainted with all things.





    At-Taubah 9:2

    فَسِيحُوا۟ فِى ٱلْأَرْضِ أَرْبَعَةَ أَشْهُرٍ وَٱعْلَمُوٓا۟ أَنَّكُمْ غَيْرُ مُعْجِزِى ٱللَّهِۙ وَأَنَّ ٱللَّهَ مُخْزِى ٱلْكَٰفِرِينَ

    Go ye, then, for four months, backwards and forwards, (as ye will), throughout the land, but know ye that ye cannot frustrate Allah (by your falsehood) but that Allah will cover with shame those who reject Him.



    At-Taubah 9:36

    إِنَّ عِدَّةَ ٱلشُّهُورِ عِندَ ٱللَّهِ ٱثْنَا عَشَرَ شَهْرًا فِى كِتَٰبِ ٱللَّهِ يَوْمَ خَلَقَ ٱلسَّمَٰوَٰتِ وَٱلْأَرْضَ مِنْهَآ أَرْبَعَةٌ حُرُمٌۚ ذَٰلِكَ ٱلدِّينُ ٱلْقَيِّمُۚ فَلَا تَظْلِمُوا۟ فِيهِنَّ أَنفُسَكُمْۚ وَقَٰتِلُوا۟ ٱلْمُشْرِكِينَ كَآفَّةً كَمَا يُقَٰتِلُونَكُمْ كَآفَّةًۚ وَٱعْلَمُوٓا۟ أَنَّ ٱللَّهَ مَعَ ٱلْمُتَّقِينَ

    The number of months in the sight of Allah is twelve (in a year)- so ordained by Him the day He created the heavens and the earth; of them four are sacred: that is the straight usage. So wrong not yourselves therein, and fight the Pagans all together as they fight you all together. But know that Allah is with those who restrain themselves.


    At-Taubah 9:37

    إِنَّمَا ٱلنَّسِىٓءُ زِيَادَةٌ فِى ٱلْكُفْرِۖ يُضَلُّ بِهِ ٱلَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا۟ يُحِلُّونَهُۥ عَامًا وَيُحَرِّمُونَهُۥ عَامًا لِّيُوَاطِـُٔوا۟ عِدَّةَ مَا حَرَّمَ ٱللَّهُ فَيُحِلُّوا۟ مَا حَرَّمَ ٱللَّهُۚ زُيِّنَ لَهُمْ سُوٓءُ أَعْمَٰلِهِمْۗ وَٱللَّهُ لَا يَهْدِى ٱلْقَوْمَ ٱلْكَٰفِرِينَ

    Verily the transposing (of a prohibited month) is an addition to Unbelief: the Unbelievers are led to wrong thereby: for they make it lawful one year, and forbidden another year, in order to adjust the number of months forbidden by Allah and make such forbidden ones lawful. The evil of their course seems pleasing to them. But Allah guideth not those who reject Faith.


    Islamic Question and Answer thread













  10. #127
    Abz2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Around the bend from Venus - Just before Mars
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    5,051
    Threads
    142
    Reputation
    45029
    Rep Power
    76
    Likes (Given)
    3699
    Likes (Received)
    2775

    Re: Islamic Question and Answer thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jameelash View Post
    What is the important of muharam


    Lessons from Muharram: Fasting and how the Islamic calendar was made

    Lessons from Muharram: Fasting and how the Islamic calendar was made
    Muharram is a month of sanctity, in which worship is more rewarding than other months. Nabi ﷺ said, “The year is twelve months of which four are sacred...
    Islamic Question and Answer thread













  11. #128
    Ragna Muhammad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    11
    Threads
    2
    Reputation
    47
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    5

    Re: Is Software Engineering Haram?

    I am a recent convert to Islam. I served in the military and suffer from PTSD and am required to take certain medications for my mental health. Is it permissible for me to do so?

  12. #129
    azc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    6,421
    Threads
    370
    Reputation
    21519
    Rep Power
    34
    Likes (Given)
    840
    Likes (Received)
    2208

    Re: Is Software Engineering Haram?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragna Muhammad View Post
    I am a recent convert to Islam. I served in the military and suffer from PTSD and am required to take certain medications for my mental health. Is it permissible for me to do so?
    Yes, why not...
    http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...waId&Id=278134
    ''You should also consult specialist doctors to prescribe for you medication to improve your condition.''

    How to overcome post-traumatic stress disorder - Islam web - English
    How to overcome post-traumatic stress disorder PTSD sufferer after having lost my family 4 years ago my father had murdered my mother in our family ho.....
    Islamic Question and Answer thread

    Allah (swt) knows best

  13. Report bad ads?
  14. #130
    Ragna Muhammad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    11
    Threads
    2
    Reputation
    47
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    5

    Re: Islamic Question and Answer thread

    Thank you for the response. Allah’s blessings be upon you. Forgive me if I ask a lot of questions, but I am a recently converted Muslim and my desire is to live a perfect Muslim life as to honor Allah and The Holy Prophet (SAW). I have been doing a lot of reading on the proper way to do the Salat prayers, as this is an important pillar of my faith. I just started some online lessons to learn the Quranic Arabic so that I may understand the language of the Prophet (SAW) and to one day be able to read the Quran as it it supposed to be read. Do I need to do the prayers in Arabic? Or can I do parts in Arabic and English until I learn the Arabic language a little better? I am a slow learner when it comes to language, but I desire to honor Allah. Peace be upon you in the name of Allah and His Messenger.

    Ragna

  15. #131
    azc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    6,421
    Threads
    370
    Reputation
    21519
    Rep Power
    34
    Likes (Given)
    840
    Likes (Received)
    2208

    Re: Islamic Question and Answer thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragna Muhammad View Post
    Thank you for the response. Allah’s blessings be upon you. Forgive me if I ask a lot of questions, but I am a recently converted Muslim and my desire is to live a perfect Muslim life as to honor Allah and The Holy Prophet (SAW). I have been doing a lot of reading on the proper way to do the Salat prayers, as this is an important pillar of my faith. I just started some online lessons to learn the Quranic Arabic so that I may understand the language of the Prophet (SAW) and to one day be able to read the Quran as it it supposed to be read. Do I need to do the prayers in Arabic? Or can I do parts in Arabic and English until I learn the Arabic language a little better? I am a slow learner when it comes to language, but I desire to honor Allah. Peace be upon you in the name of Allah and His Messenger.

    Ragna
    ''If a person cannot read well in Arabic, he has to learn. If he does not learn when he is able to, his prayers are not valid. If he is not able, or he fears that he does not have time to learn before the time for the next prayer is over, and he knows one aayah of al-Faatihah, he should repeat it seven times… If he can recite more than that, he should repeat it as much as he needs to make his recitation equivalent to the length of Soorat al-Fatihah, or he could make it up by reciting other aayaat. If he knows some aayaat he does not have to repeat, he could recite another aayah instead, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) commanded the one who could not recite Qur’aan well to say ‘Al-Hamdu Lillaah (Praise be to Allaah)’ and other phrases, which is part of an aayah, but he did not command him to repeat it. If he cannot do anything, but he knows some of the Qur’aan by heart, he should recite whatever he can, and nothing else will do, because of the report narrated by Abu Dawood from Rifaa’ah ibn Raafi’, who said that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When you get up to pray, if you know some Qur’aan, recite it, otherwise sayal-hamdu Lillaah (praise be to Allaah), and La ilaaha ill-Allaah (there is no god but Allaah), and Allaahu akbar (Allaah is Most Great).” This is more like Qur’aan, and is more appropriate (than any other words). He should also recite as much as he needs to make it equivalent in length to Soorat al-Faatihah. If he cannot recite anything of the Qur’aan, and cannot learn before it is too late to pray the current prayer, he should say Subhaan Allaah wa’l-hamdu Lillaah waLaa ilaaha ill-Allaah waAllaahu akbar waLaa hawla wa laa quwwata illa Billaah (Glory be to Allaah; praise be to Allaah; there is no god but Allaah; Allaah is Most Great; and there is no strength and no power except with Allaah).''

    Abu Dawood reported that a man came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said: “I cannot learn anything of the Qur’aan. Teach me something that will suffice me.” He said, “Say Subhaan Allaah wa’l-hamdu Lillaah waLaa ilaaha ill-Allaah waAllaahu akbar waLaa hawla wa laa quwwata illa Billaah.”

    And Allaah knows best.
    https://islamqa.info/en/3471?_e_pi_=...0%2C5988571034

    - - - Updated - - -

    She is 100% pure english, no arabic or urdu….what is the time limit for her to learn arabic and to read the qu’ran and salah?

    Answer

    There is no time limit for a revert to Islam to learn to recite the Qur?aan and Salaat. She should try her level best to recite the Qur?aan, Salaat and other obligations of the Shari?ah as soon as possible. Not knowing to recite the Qur?aan should not be an obstacle to perform Salaat.

    Your friend may recite Subhaanallah, Alhamdulillah or Allaahu Akbar at least three times in every posture until she learns the basic Surahs to recite in Salaat.


    and Allah Ta’ala Knows Best
    http://islamqa.org/hanafi/askimam/16215

  16. #132
    Ragna Muhammad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    11
    Threads
    2
    Reputation
    47
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    5

    Re: Islamic Question and Answer thread

    Thank you for the detailed and sweet. Peace and blessings of Allah upon you my friend.
    1 | Likes azc liked this post

  17. #133
    Nitro Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Romania, Bucharest
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    514
    Threads
    94
    Reputation
    357
    Rep Power
    7
    Likes (Given)
    26
    Likes (Received)
    58

    Re: Islamic Question and Answer thread

    Quote Originally Posted by azc View Post
    ''If a person cannot read well in Arabic, he has to learn. If he does not learn when he is able to, his prayers are not valid. If he is not able, or he fears that he does not have time to learn before the time for the next prayer is over, and he knows one aayah of al-Faatihah, he should repeat it seven times… If he can recite more than that, he should repeat it as much as he needs to make his recitation equivalent to the length of Soorat al-Fatihah, or he could make it up by reciting other aayaat. If he knows some aayaat he does not have to repeat, he could recite another aayah instead, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) commanded the one who could not recite Qur’aan well to say ‘Al-Hamdu Lillaah (Praise be to Allaah)’ and other phrases, which is part of an aayah, but he did not command him to repeat it. If he cannot do anything, but he knows some of the Qur’aan by heart, he should recite whatever he can, and nothing else will do, because of the report narrated by Abu Dawood from Rifaa’ah ibn Raafi’, who said that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When you get up to pray, if you know some Qur’aan, recite it, otherwise sayal-hamdu Lillaah (praise be to Allaah), and La ilaaha ill-Allaah (there is no god but Allaah), and Allaahu akbar (Allaah is Most Great).” This is more like Qur’aan, and is more appropriate (than any other words). He should also recite as much as he needs to make it equivalent in length to Soorat al-Faatihah. If he cannot recite anything of the Qur’aan, and cannot learn before it is too late to pray the current prayer, he should say Subhaan Allaah wa’l-hamdu Lillaah waLaa ilaaha ill-Allaah waAllaahu akbar waLaa hawla wa laa quwwata illa Billaah (Glory be to Allaah; praise be to Allaah; there is no god but Allaah; Allaah is Most Great; and there is no strength and no power except with Allaah).''

    Abu Dawood reported that a man came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said: “I cannot learn anything of the Qur’aan. Teach me something that will suffice me.” He said, “Say Subhaan Allaah wa’l-hamdu Lillaah waLaa ilaaha ill-Allaah waAllaahu akbar waLaa hawla wa laa quwwata illa Billaah.”

    And Allaah knows best.
    https://islamqa.info/en/3471?_e_pi_=...0%2C5988571034

    - - - Updated - - -

    She is 100% pure english, no arabic or urdu….what is the time limit for her to learn arabic and to read the qu’ran and salah?

    Answer

    There is no time limit for a revert to Islam to learn to recite the Qur?aan and Salaat. She should try her level best to recite the Qur?aan, Salaat and other obligations of the Shari?ah as soon as possible. Not knowing to recite the Qur?aan should not be an obstacle to perform Salaat.

    Your friend may recite Subhaanallah, Alhamdulillah or Allaahu Akbar at least three times in every posture until she learns the basic Surahs to recite in Salaat.


    and Allah Ta’ala Knows Best
    http://islamqa.org/hanafi/askimam/16215
    It is true what you say, but if you completely forgot Arabic, but years later you want to perform prayers, then you can memorize the sentences from prayers and then start praying after you have memorized, easy as 1+1=2. I have forgotten Arabic long time ago and even how to write in Arabic, but later I have decided to start perform the obligatory prayers by just memorizing the sentences from prayer, and I begun to pray independently. Does that mean my pray is valid, right? Or still, it is not valid as long as I don’t understand a word from prayer but just repeat the prayer?

  18. #134
    azc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    6,421
    Threads
    370
    Reputation
    21519
    Rep Power
    34
    Likes (Given)
    840
    Likes (Received)
    2208

    Re: Islamic Question and Answer thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus View Post
    It is true what you say, but if you completely forgot Arabic, but years later you want to perform prayers, then you can memorize the sentences from prayers and then start praying after you have memorized, easy as 1+1=2. I have forgotten Arabic long time ago and even how to write in Arabic, but later I have decided to start perform the obligatory prayers by just memorizing the sentences from prayer, and I begun to pray independently. Does that mean my pray is valid, right? Or still, it is not valid as long as I don’t understand a word from prayer but just repeat the prayer?
    InshaAllah your salah is valid if you've prayed in Arabic even without understanding the words of prayer.
    Islamic Question and Answer thread

    Allah (swt) knows best

  19. Hide
Page 7 of 7 First ... 5 6 7
Hey there! Islamic Question and Answer thread Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Islamic Question and Answer thread
Sign Up

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
create