× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Islamic Question and Answer thread

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 118
  1. #1
    Jewel's Avatar
    Jewel is offline
    If you can read this please remember me in your duas :P

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    6,834
    Threads
    1024
    Reputation
    31409
    Rep Power
    54
    Likes (Given)
    2184
    Likes (Received)
    6055

    Islamic Question and Answer thread

    Report bad ads?



    This thread will be a question and answer thread answered by a qualified scholars. Please post your question below and the shaykhs will answer them in their own time.



    Edit: Thread reopened.
    Last edited by Jewel; 03-12-2015 at 10:32 PM.
    1 | Likes Muslim Woman liked this post

  2. Report bad ads?
  3. #2
    Abu Musab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    http://darulilm.wordpress.com
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    181
    Threads
    3
    Reputation
    1201
    Rep Power
    61
    Likes (Given)
    8
    Likes (Received)
    25

    Re: Islamic Question and Answer thread

    Wa `Alaykumus Salaam.

    Jazaakallaahu khayr.

  4. #3
    Yenzin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    24
    Threads
    8
    Reputation
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Islamic Question and Answer thread

    salams is it allowed to live amongst the shias??

  5. #4
    786arman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    13
    Threads
    3
    Reputation
    71
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Re: Islamic Question and Answer thread

    Aslamualaykum,

    is it permissible to wear deodorant containing alcohol on your clothes and pray as it is not in direct contact with your skin.


  6. Report bad ads?
  7. #5
    Abu Musab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    http://darulilm.wordpress.com
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    181
    Threads
    3
    Reputation
    1201
    Rep Power
    61
    Likes (Given)
    8
    Likes (Received)
    25

    Re: Islamic Question and Answer thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yenzin View Post
    salams is it allowed to live amongst the shias??
    Wa `alaykumus salaam.

    As muslims we should not live amongst the kuffaar, although a regular kaafir's kufr is apparent and therefore a person wouldn't be misled so easily, yet despite all that we are not supposed to live amongst them, what then still about living amongst a nation who are known for their lies , deceit and underhandedness?

  8. #6
    Abu Musab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    http://darulilm.wordpress.com
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    181
    Threads
    3
    Reputation
    1201
    Rep Power
    61
    Likes (Given)
    8
    Likes (Received)
    25

    Re: Islamic Question and Answer thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 786arman View Post
    Aslamualaykum,

    is it permissible to wear deodorant containing alcohol on your clothes and pray as it is not in direct contact with your skin.

    wa `alaykumus salaam.

    It would depend on the type of alcohol used in the perfume.

    If it is denatured alcohol, or a synthetic alcohol made from chemicals, then in that case it will be permissible (although it is better to avoid it).

    Wallaahu A`lam.

  9. #7
    Abu Musab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    http://darulilm.wordpress.com
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    181
    Threads
    3
    Reputation
    1201
    Rep Power
    61
    Likes (Given)
    8
    Likes (Received)
    25

    Re: Islamic Question and Answer thread

    For those of you who are interested, Ummah.com - Muslim Forum in conjunction with Ummah Radio | Islamic and Muslim Radio Station hosts a live Q&A program every thursday evening at 8:30pm gmt / 9:30pm bst.

    So if you have any questions you need answered then you can either post on ummah forum or you can send your questions on skype to: ummahradio

  10. #8
    ibhamza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    casablanca morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    18
    Threads
    15
    Reputation
    217
    Rep Power
    19
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    20

    polygyny

    Is a married brother with one wife off the market or is he available until he has four?

  11. #9
    ibhamza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    casablanca morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    18
    Threads
    15
    Reputation
    217
    Rep Power
    19
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    20

    polygyny: is this justice?

    Wife A had 6 children, 5 boys and 1 girl. Wife B has 4 children 2 boys and 2 girls. Their husband buys wife A a six bedroom house with a yard and swimming pool, he buys wife B a three bedroom house large yard no swimming pool. Is he being fair or is this justice?

  12. Report bad ads?
  13. #10
    saramoin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1
    Threads
    0
    Reputation
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Islamic Question and Answer thread

    assalamoalaikum..
    i have a question which puzzling me as this question was asked by my teacher to me that what are the responsibilities and duties of muslim scientist in our modern era..plz give me links and books reference in urdu as well about this topic plzz.. i have to be prepare for this question in two days plz help me..

  14. #11
    KhaledMohammad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1
    Threads
    0
    Reputation
    6
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Is Software Engineering Haram?

    Assalamualikum,

    I am a 17 year old Muslim.I believe in Allah and every word of his and I believe in my Prophet,Muhammad(PBUH).
    I try to practice and spread Islam as much as I can.But I am not always successful.But I try.So try not to make Allah be angry at me.

    Something is bugging me for quite sometime.I love computers alot.Not because of Facebook and Video Games(I don't play games).
    I love computers because I love to gain Knowledge.At very small age I have started making softwares,Alhamdullilah.And I love computers
    very very much.But not more than my Allah and my Prophet(PBUH). So I always wished that In Shaa Allah when I will go with my family to Janatul Ferdous.
    I want computers there.

    But I really want to know,the passion I have for computers is that wrong in Islam? I want to have a company and spend my time with computers,Is that wrong? Is being a Software Engineer Wrong?
    I want to be as big as Google,Is that wrong?

    I spend quite a few hours,learning about computers,Is that wrong?

    And if Islam says it is wrong,I will leave it In Shaa Allah.But I don't wanna do harm with my Softwares,I want to create a change in good way.But being in Allah's Path.

    I know I made questions a bit lengthy but I just really wanna know about it.

    And is Islam give me scope to do something I love? Like Software Development and Robotics?

    Keep me in your prayers. So that I can go with my family to Janatul Ferdous and In Shaa Allah meet you guys in Janat.Ameen.

    Thanks.
    From You Little Brother,
    Khaled Mohammad.
    1 | Likes agne liked this post

  15. #12
    Jewel's Avatar
    Jewel is offline
    If you can read this please remember me in your duas :P

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    6,834
    Threads
    1024
    Reputation
    31409
    Rep Power
    54
    Likes (Given)
    2184
    Likes (Received)
    6055

    Re: Islamic Question and Answer thread

    Is this hadith authentic?

    Prophet (s) has said and urged us “be involved in business as 9 out of 10 sources of income lie in business” (Ihya)

  16. #13
    saif-uddin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Dunya
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    216
    Threads
    4
    Reputation
    826
    Rep Power
    19
    Likes (Given)
    37
    Likes (Received)
    84

    Re: Islamic Question and Answer thread



    Ameen,

    Alhumdulillah great news to to see Akhi Abu Mus'ab here

    1 | Likes Abu Musab liked this post

  17. #14
    BilalKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    892
    Threads
    193
    Reputation
    3651
    Rep Power
    21
    Likes (Given)
    525
    Likes (Received)
    566

    Re: Islamic Question and Answer thread

    is there any kind of halal mortgage?

  18. Report bad ads?
  19. #15
    Jewel's Avatar
    Jewel is offline
    If you can read this please remember me in your duas :P

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    6,834
    Threads
    1024
    Reputation
    31409
    Rep Power
    54
    Likes (Given)
    2184
    Likes (Received)
    6055

    Re: Islamic Question and Answer thread

    Shaykh is having internet problems at the moment. for your patience.
    1 | Likes Muslim Woman liked this post

  20. #16
    Abu Musab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    http://darulilm.wordpress.com
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    181
    Threads
    3
    Reputation
    1201
    Rep Power
    61
    Likes (Given)
    8
    Likes (Received)
    25

    Re: polygyny

    Quote Originally Posted by ibhamza View Post
    Is a married brother with one wife off the market or is he available until he has four?
    He still has resale value if that's what you mean, but whether he puts himself up for sale or not is all up to him.

  21. #17
    Abu Musab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    http://darulilm.wordpress.com
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    181
    Threads
    3
    Reputation
    1201
    Rep Power
    61
    Likes (Given)
    8
    Likes (Received)
    25

    Re: Islamic Question and Answer thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BilalKid View Post
    is there any kind of halal mortgage?
    I personally do not know of any, however it's best to consult with your local `ulamaa who may have information on people who are able to help with halaal loans.

    Wallaahu A`lam.

  22. #18
    Abu Musab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    http://darulilm.wordpress.com
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    181
    Threads
    3
    Reputation
    1201
    Rep Power
    61
    Likes (Given)
    8
    Likes (Received)
    25

    Re: polygyny: is this justice?

    Quote Originally Posted by ibhamza View Post
    Wife A had 6 children, 5 boys and 1 girl. Wife B has 4 children 2 boys and 2 girls. Their husband buys wife A a six bedroom house with a yard and swimming pool, he buys wife B a three bedroom house large yard no swimming pool. Is he being fair or is this justice?
    Justice means to give equally according to each one's needs, not that both have to get everything identical.

    So if the houses are sufficient for their needs then he has done justice.

    Wallaahu A`lam.

  23. #19
    Abu Musab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    http://darulilm.wordpress.com
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    181
    Threads
    3
    Reputation
    1201
    Rep Power
    61
    Likes (Given)
    8
    Likes (Received)
    25

    Re: Islamic Question and Answer thread

    Quote Originally Posted by saramoin View Post
    assalamoalaikum..
    i have a question which puzzling me as this question was asked by my teacher to me that what are the responsibilities and duties of muslim scientist in our modern era..plz give me links and books reference in urdu as well about this topic plzz.. i have to be prepare for this question in two days plz help me..
    Wa `alaykumus salaam.

    Well this seems to have come too late, but anyhow, unfortunately i can't help you with urdu links or books because i very rarely read anything in urdu.

  24. Report bad ads?
  25. #20
    Abu Musab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    http://darulilm.wordpress.com
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    181
    Threads
    3
    Reputation
    1201
    Rep Power
    61
    Likes (Given)
    8
    Likes (Received)
    25

    Re: Is Software Engineering Haram?

    Quote Originally Posted by KhaledMohammad View Post
    Assalamualikum,

    I am a 17 year old Muslim.I believe in Allah and every word of his and I believe in my Prophet,Muhammad(PBUH).
    I try to practice and spread Islam as much as I can.But I am not always successful.But I try.So try not to make Allah be angry at me.

    Something is bugging me for quite sometime.I love computers alot.Not because of Facebook and Video Games(I don't play games).
    I love computers because I love to gain Knowledge.At very small age I have started making softwares,Alhamdullilah.And I love computers
    very very much.But not more than my Allah and my Prophet(PBUH). So I always wished that In Shaa Allah when I will go with my family to Janatul Ferdous.
    I want computers there.

    But I really want to know,the passion I have for computers is that wrong in Islam? I want to have a company and spend my time with computers,Is that wrong? Is being a Software Engineer Wrong?
    I want to be as big as Google,Is that wrong?

    I spend quite a few hours,learning about computers,Is that wrong?

    And if Islam says it is wrong,I will leave it In Shaa Allah.But I don't wanna do harm with my Softwares,I want to create a change in good way.But being in Allah's Path.

    I know I made questions a bit lengthy but I just really wanna know about it.

    And is Islam give me scope to do something I love? Like Software Development and Robotics?

    Keep me in your prayers. So that I can go with my family to Janatul Ferdous and In Shaa Allah meet you guys in Janat.Ameen.

    Thanks.
    From You Little Brother,
    Khaled Mohammad.
    Wa `alaykumus salaam.

    There is no harm in liking computers or spending time with computers, provided that it does not get in the way of your deen.

    In fact being a software engineer is something you can be of benefit to the ummah with, how many people have made islaamic apps that people utilize on a daily basis and the creators get the reward daily for its use.

    So you're free to do all the software development and robotics that you like, the sharee`ah gives you freedom to do all that.

    Wallaahu A`lam.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Hey there! Islamic Question and Answer thread Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Islamic Question and Answer thread
Sign Up

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •