× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Hurricane Irma coming to where I live
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29
  1. #1
    Mustafa16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,088
    Threads
    372
    Reputation
    2193
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    408
    Likes (Received)
    286

    Hurricane Irma coming to where I live

    Report bad ads?

    I live in the atlanta area in georgia, in the United States. Many people came here to Georgia from Florida due to the hurricane leaving them without shelter or safety, and many shelters are refusing people due to overcrowding. there is also a humanitarian organization's spokeswoman speaking on cnn about how dangerous it is for children in those shelters due to all the creeps, and the health hazards for babies due to overcrowding. it hasnt hit here yet, but like i said, people have started coming from florida, and have started stocking up on supplies, including my family. i fear for my mother, because she has to go to work (she's a nurse), during the storm, and also, my university as cancelled for two days so far (tomorrow and day after). Rumors started circulating on Quora (a forum i use, but a secular one) that Hurricane Harvey (which devastated Texas) was a punishment from Allah aza wa jal for voting for Trump. I even started to wonder if that was the case. I'm even wondering if Hurrice Irma is a punishment, since the majority of people in Florida and Georgia voted for Trump. May also be a punishment from Allah swt to america in general...for....you know....what they do abroad.
    but i may just be paranoid and looking for an explanation. im kinda scared, but also excited. pray for me and my family please.

  2. Report bad ads?
  3. #2
    keiv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    234
    Threads
    4
    Reputation
    2277
    Rep Power
    18
    Likes (Given)
    93
    Likes (Received)
    208

    Re: Hurricane Irma coming to where I live

    I'm in Florida and besides the occasional tornado warning, nothing serious here. The hurricane will continue to lose strength as it goes over land, so you guys in Georgia will be fine.

    This hurricane isn't a punishment for voting for Trump. If it was, what are the reasons for the many other hurricanes we had in the past? What about the other states which voted for Trump? Don't think too much into it
    1 | Likes Mustafa16 liked this post

  4. #3
    Mustafa16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,088
    Threads
    372
    Reputation
    2193
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    408
    Likes (Received)
    286

    Re: Hurricane Irma coming to where I live

    Quote Originally Posted by keiv View Post
    I'm in Florida and besides the occasional tornado warning, nothing serious here. The hurricane will continue to lose strength as it goes over land, so you guys in Georgia will be fine.

    This hurricane isn't a punishment for voting for Trump. If it was, what are the reasons for the many other hurricanes we had in the past? What about the other states which voted for Trump? Don't think too much into it
    cool, bro, do you live in Florida? i used to live there until i was 8.

  5. #4
    *charisma*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I am a traveler, May Jannah be my home ameen
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    3,997
    Threads
    178
    Reputation
    45933
    Rep Power
    103
    Likes (Given)
    1042
    Likes (Received)
    2229

    Re: Hurricane Irma coming to where I live

    Assalamu Alaikum

    I know a few people in Florida as well. They are experiencing heavy winds and rain. Inshallah khair. Stay safe bro.
    Hurricane Irma coming to where I live

    Someone asked Hassan Al Basri: "What is the secret of your piety?"
    He replied: I understood 4 things:


    I understood that my rizq cannot be taken by anyone, so my heart became content.
    I understood that no one can do my actions (worship) for me, so I started doing them myself.
    I understood that Allah is watching me, so I became ashamed to do wrong.
    I understood that death is waiting for me, so I started to prepare for my meeting with Allah.

  6. Report bad ads?
  7. #5
    rozyred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    64
    Threads
    9
    Reputation
    40
    Rep Power
    2
    Likes (Given)
    24
    Likes (Received)
    34

    Re: Hurricane Irma coming to where I live

    Allah knows the best. Everything's to examine the people. Be strong and have hope in God.
    1 | Likes Arfaz.k liked this post

  8. #6
    DanEdge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Greenville, SC, USA
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Posts
    175
    Threads
    14
    Reputation
    1642
    Rep Power
    13
    Likes (Given)
    176
    Likes (Received)
    216

    Re: Hurricane Irma coming to where I live

    Hey Mustafa,

    We in Upstate South Carolina lucked out when Irma headed west, unfortunately towards you. We've been hit by a few hurricanes here in my lifetime, and I have some advice. Some will say that the storm will break up before it gets to, that it won't be so bad. This is partially true, but also dangerously false! The Atlanta area is not set up to deal with even 50 mph (tropical storm) winds. Many, many trees are going to fall, and thousands will lose power. Expect that you will lose power for 2-5 days and plan accordingly: candles, flashlights, batteries, board games, non-perishable food items, etc. Assume everything perishable in your fridge and freezer will be worthless. Transportation to anywhere may be very difficult because of the downed trees and not enough crews to move them.

    Take Care and update IB with your okay-ness

    Sincerely,

    -- Dan Edge
    1 | Likes Search liked this post

  9. #7
    sister herb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    8,842
    Threads
    333
    Reputation
    54039
    Rep Power
    103
    Likes (Given)
    5889
    Likes (Received)
    6943

    Re: Hurricane Irma coming to where I live

    This hurricane might not be as a punishment because people voted Trump but many strong coming ones at the future (as the scientists have forecasted coming) might be punishments because people don´t respect and take better care about the environment and nature.
    1 | Likes Search liked this post
    Hurricane Irma coming to where I live

    From Occupied Palestine:

    We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.




  10. #8
    anatolian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Turkey
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,236
    Threads
    28
    Reputation
    4581
    Rep Power
    64
    Likes (Given)
    214
    Likes (Received)
    689

    Re: Hurricane Irma coming to where I live

    I don't know that hurricane but Trump's himself is enough as a punishment for voting him.
    2 | Likes sister herb, jamaicamuslimah liked this post
    Hurricane Irma coming to where I live

    You harvest what you sow.

  11. #9
    keiv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    234
    Threads
    4
    Reputation
    2277
    Rep Power
    18
    Likes (Given)
    93
    Likes (Received)
    208

    Re: Hurricane Irma coming to where I live

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa16 View Post
    cool, bro, do you live in Florida? i used to live there until i was 8.
    Yea I've lived in central Florida since the 80s. Outside of the typical tree, fence or power line down, nothing crazy has happened. The power has been off for a day now but the wind is still pretty wild so the utility companies probably won't be out here for at least another day unfortunately.

    Dont worry about your mom either. Hospitals are very safe. Much safer than a house anyways. Stay safe

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa16 View Post
    cool, bro, do you live in Florida? i used to live there until i was 8.
    Yea I've lived in central Florida since the 80s. Outside of the typical tree, fence or power line down, nothing crazy has happened. The power has been off for a day now but the wind is still pretty wild so the utility companies probably won't be out here for at least another day unfortunately.

    Dont worry about your mom either. Hospitals are very safe. Much safer than a house anyways. Stay safe

  12. Report bad ads?
  13. #10
    M.I.A.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,753
    Threads
    17
    Reputation
    6203
    Rep Power
    76
    Likes (Given)
    28
    Likes (Received)
    702

    Re: Hurricane Irma coming to where I live

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa16 View Post
    I live in the atlanta area in georgia, in the United States. Many people came here to Georgia from Florida due to the hurricane leaving them without shelter or safety, and many shelters are refusing people due to overcrowding. there is also a humanitarian organization's spokeswoman speaking on cnn about how dangerous it is for children in those shelters due to all the creeps, and the health hazards for babies due to overcrowding. it hasnt hit here yet, but like i said, people have started coming from florida, and have started stocking up on supplies, including my family. i fear for my mother, because she has to go to work (she's a nurse), during the storm, and also, my university as cancelled for two days so far (tomorrow and day after). Rumors started circulating on Quora (a forum i use, but a secular one) that Hurricane Harvey (which devastated Texas) was a punishment from Allah aza wa jal for voting for Trump. I even started to wonder if that was the case. I'm even wondering if Hurrice Irma is a punishment, since the majority of people in Florida and Georgia voted for Trump. May also be a punishment from Allah swt to america in general...for....you know....what they do abroad.
    but i may just be paranoid and looking for an explanation. im kinda scared, but also excited. pray for me and my family please.
    http://time.com/4935117/hurricane-irma-guns-florida/

    "You won't make it turn around & it will have very dangerous side effects."

    Although there are also stories of people praying they get through the hurricane..

    So i guess its just a matter of how you spin things.

    :|

    Its maybe similar to japan being prone to earthquakes..

    But i think they invest a lot in earthquake resistant buildings so its not often as damaging as american hurricanes and tornadoes.
    ..
    ..
    I dont think anyone has been able to take credit since moses pbuh.
    Last edited by M.I.A.; 09-11-2017 at 06:20 PM.

  14. #11
    OmAbdullah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    650
    Threads
    37
    Reputation
    3417
    Rep Power
    22
    Likes (Given)
    574
    Likes (Received)
    285

    Re: Hurricane Irma coming to where I live

    All of the hurricanes are warnings and punishment for all those areas. but a wonderful thing is that here we see the Al-Hilm (Forbearing ) quality of Allah Azza wa Jall. Allah has said in the surah al-A'raaf verses 97-98:


    (7:97) Do the people of those towns feel secure that Our punishment will not come to them at night while they are asleep?


    (7:98) Or, do the people of those towns feel secure that Our punishment will not come to them by daylight while they are at play?


    These verses and the happenings of the wraths have proved that a habitation which is chosen for destruction, is taken by Allah's wrath suddenly and the people, then, have no place of refuge. They get destroyed and are taken to the Ever-lasting punishment in Hell. Allah said in the Holy Quraan that when they are overtaken by the wrath, the cry that they make is: "innaa kunnaa zaalimeen" (Surely, we were the unjust wrong doers). See the translation of the following verses:


    (21:11) How many a wrong-doing town did We shatter and then raise up another people.


    (21:12) Then, when they perceived Our chastisement13 they took to their heels and fled.


    Explanatory note 13:


    13. That is, when they realized that Allah’s scourge was actually coming.
    ************************************************** *******

    (21:13) (They were told): "Flee not, but return to your comforts and to your dwellings. You are likely to be questioned."14


    Exp. note 14:


    14. This is a very meaningful sentence. It may mean:

    (1) Examine this scourge minutely so that if someone asks you about it, you may be able to give an accurate account of it.
    (2) Hold your grand meetings as usual. Perhaps your servants may come with folded hands before you to receive orders.
    (3) Hold your councils as before, perhaps people may still come to ask for your wise counsels.

    ************************************************** *************************


    (21:14) They said: "Woe to us; surely we were wrong-doers."



    (21:15) They did not cease to cry this until We reduced them to stubble, still and silent.
    (Verses 11 to 15 of the surah Al-Anbiyaa)
    ************************************************** ***********************************


    As you see in the above verses unbelievers and unjust are taken up by a wrath suddenly and then they have no time to repent. But here the wonderful fact is that Allah All-Mighty brings a destructive hurricane slowly and gives enough time to the people to take warning, guidance and refuge. If they get guided then they will be left to live for a life but if not then they will be killed. Allah knows His servants /creation very well and all steps and decision that Allah makes are based on full knowledge and justice.


    I understand that this Forbearing Attitude of Allah may be due to the fact that the Muslims do not fulfil the duty of conveying the message of the Holy Quraan. So most of the non-Muslims are ignorant from Islam.


    Moreover, the present Muslims are not practicing Islam properly and thus they give a very wrong impression of Islam. Due to that reason, the non-Muslims don't like Islam. So the responsibility is on the shoulders of the Muslims, the Arab Muslims in the first place because they understand the Holy Quraan.


    We now see that on the one hand many Muslims (mostly the Arabs) are wiped away from the earth while on the other hand, the unjust non-Muslims are warned with tornadoes /hurricanes etc. and then they are given time to think and get guidance.

    And Allah knows best.

    (Regarding punishment and Trump, insha-Allah, I will write later )
    Hurricane Irma coming to where I live

    For the translation and short explanation of the surahs / verses of the Holy Quraan go to


    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAb...TcknAmy9Y5Bv1A

  15. #12
    M.I.A.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,753
    Threads
    17
    Reputation
    6203
    Rep Power
    76
    Likes (Given)
    28
    Likes (Received)
    702

    Re: Hurricane Irma coming to where I live

    As oppose to..

    Ayat-E-Kareema.jpg

    Quran 21:87

    "These verses and the happenings of the wraths have proved that a habitation which is chosen for destruction, is taken by Allah's wrath suddenly and the people, then, have no place of refuge. They get destroyed and are taken to the Ever-lasting punishment in Hell. Allah said in the Holy Quraan that when they are overtaken by the wrath, the cry that they make is: "innaa kunnaa zaalimeen" (Surely, we were the unjust wrong doers). See the translation of the following verses:"
    Last edited by M.I.A.; 09-11-2017 at 07:05 PM.

  16. #13
    OmAbdullah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    650
    Threads
    37
    Reputation
    3417
    Rep Power
    22
    Likes (Given)
    574
    Likes (Received)
    285

    Re: Hurricane Irma coming to where I live

    The Aayat kareemah for any du'aa as given link in the above post is good for practicing Muslims. But the non-Muslims should be informed about the truth of Islam. In the light of the Quraan and Hadeeth it is a confirmed fact that when a practicing Muslim starts conveying the Message of Islam to the surrounding non-Muslims, any wrath will, insha-Allah, turn away and the people will be given more time to come out of the darkness and enter the fold of Islam.


    About Trump:


    We must be just and truthful for any Muslim or non-Muslim. speaking justly, the truth is that:

    Allah has very strictly forbidden homosexuality and Donald Trump, the President of America,is against it. Allah wants that human race must be kept on and abortion is strictly forbidden in Islam, Donald Trump is against abortion. So he is close to Islam. It may be that Allah guides him further to the Right Path of Allah. Then how is it possible that Allah punishes people for choosing Trump?
    Hurricane Irma coming to where I live

    For the translation and short explanation of the surahs / verses of the Holy Quraan go to


    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAb...TcknAmy9Y5Bv1A

  17. #14
    Mustafa16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,088
    Threads
    372
    Reputation
    2193
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    408
    Likes (Received)
    286

    Re: Hurricane Irma coming to where I live

    Quote Originally Posted by OmAbdullah View Post
    The Aayat kareemah for any du'aa as given link in the above post is good for practicing Muslims. But the non-Muslims should be informed about the truth of Islam. In the light of the Quraan and Hadeeth it is a confirmed fact that when a practicing Muslim starts conveying the Message of Islam to the surrounding non-Muslims, any wrath will, insha-Allah, turn away and the people will be given more time to come out of the darkness and enter the fold of Islam.


    About Trump:


    We must be just and truthful for any Muslim or non-Muslim. speaking justly, the truth is that:

    Allah has very strictly forbidden homosexuality and Donald Trump, the President of America,is against it. Allah wants that human race must be kept on and abortion is strictly forbidden in Islam, Donald Trump is against abortion. So he is close to Islam. It may be that Allah guides him further to the Right Path of Allah. Then how is it possible that Allah punishes people for choosing Trump?
    there's more to running a country than banning abortion and homosexuality.....im guessing ikhwan ul muslimeen (Muslim Brotherhood) didn't teach you that

  18. Report bad ads?
  19. #15
    keiv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    234
    Threads
    4
    Reputation
    2277
    Rep Power
    18
    Likes (Given)
    93
    Likes (Received)
    208

    Re: Hurricane Irma coming to where I live

    So how did everything in Georgia turn out for you guys?

  20. #16
    Mustafa16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,088
    Threads
    372
    Reputation
    2193
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    408
    Likes (Received)
    286

    Re: Hurricane Irma coming to where I live

    Quote Originally Posted by keiv View Post
    So how did everything in Georgia turn out for you guys?
    Thank you for asking, brother, jazakallaha khair, nice to know you are thinking of me and my family. Nothing at all bad happened, at least not to us. No damage to our house ijn the slightest, just heavy rain and wind, which at time shook the house a bit, but then again I was asleep for much of the hurricane (I went to bed late, and woke up late lol), and my mother, and probably nobody or at least not many people got stranded. Also, then again, I live atop a hill in my part of the neighborhood. But school (university) was cancelled for two days for me, 3 days for pre-college students, and pre-college teachers (Including my sister), and I'm not sure if power was out temporarily because i was asleep during the hardest parts of the storm lol. So much for it being a sign of Allah's punishment!

  21. #17
    Mustafa16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,088
    Threads
    372
    Reputation
    2193
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    408
    Likes (Received)
    286

    Re: Hurricane Irma coming to where I live

    also, i believe there was an overreaction to the storm due to what happened 3-4 years ago where a blizzard hit and people were stranded on the road or school or work for days, including many of my classmates, and people literally abandoned their cars on the road @keiv I guess that's why the governor declared a state of emergency statewide.

  22. #18
    OmAbdullah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    650
    Threads
    37
    Reputation
    3417
    Rep Power
    22
    Likes (Given)
    574
    Likes (Received)
    285

    Re: Hurricane Irma coming to where I live

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa16 View Post
    Thank you for asking, brother, jazakallaha khair, nice to know you are thinking of me and my family. Nothing at all bad happened, at least not to us. No damage to our house ijn the slightest, just heavy rain and wind, which at time shook the house a bit, but then again I was asleep for much of the hurricane (I went to bed late, and woke up late lol), and my mother, and probably nobody or at least not many people got stranded. Also, then again, I live atop a hill in my part of the neighborhood. But school (university) was cancelled for two days for me, 3 days for pre-college students, and pre-college teachers (Including my sister), and I'm not sure if power was out temporarily because i was asleep during the hardest parts of the storm lol. So much for it being a sign of Allah's punishment!


    Allah All-Mighty has given you more time to repent, say astaghfirullah and pray at time. But you instead are saying "lol"!!!
    Hurricane Irma coming to where I live

    For the translation and short explanation of the surahs / verses of the Holy Quraan go to


    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAb...TcknAmy9Y5Bv1A

  23. #19
    Mustafa16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,088
    Threads
    372
    Reputation
    2193
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    408
    Likes (Received)
    286

    Re: Hurricane Irma coming to where I live

    Quote Originally Posted by OmAbdullah View Post
    Allah All-Mighty has given you more time to repent, say astaghfirullah and pray at time. But you instead are saying "lol"!!!
    first of all, i have psychiatric conditions which require me to take medications to calm my aggression, which make me sleepy.....so i always miss fajr, and i have a valid medical excuse....even when the alarm blares at full volume across the room i sleep through it. second, i did not miss anymore prayers, namely dhuhr and asr. and repenting does not take all day. i repent all the time. i even say "subhan Allahi wa bi hamdih " 100 times a day and pray salat ul tawbah whenever i committ a sin.

  24. Report bad ads?
  25. #20
    Mustafa16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,088
    Threads
    372
    Reputation
    2193
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    408
    Likes (Received)
    286

    Re: Hurricane Irma coming to where I live

    Quote Originally Posted by OmAbdullah View Post
    Allah All-Mighty has given you more time to repent, say astaghfirullah and pray at time. But you instead are saying "lol"!!!
    also, the reason i went to bed late was because my sleeping schedule was messed up and i was trying to stay up all night so I COULD pray fajr, but i didnt want to mess up my sleeping schedule further.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Hey there! Hurricane Irma coming to where I live Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Hurricane Irma coming to where I live
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-07-2012, 05:58 AM
  2. Hurricane Sandy
    By Re.TiReD in forum World Affairs
    Replies: 128
    Last Post: 11-03-2012, 11:44 PM
  3. Hurricane To Hit UK
    By Snowflake in forum World Affairs
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-20-2006, 05:25 PM
  4. Upcoming Hurricane..soon
    By Halima in forum World Affairs
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-24-2005, 06:00 PM
  5. Hurricane Katrina
    By imaad_udeen in forum World Affairs
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 09-22-2005, 07:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
create