× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Question
HeartHijab.com | Hijab Sale
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Question

  1. #1
    truthseeker63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,367
    Threads
    339
    Reputation
    2187
    Rep Power
    47
    Likes (Given)
    7
    Likes (Received)
    120

    Post Question

    Report bad ads?

    As Salamu Alaikum my question in Islam in a Sharia Court if a Plaintiff has two or four Witnesses what if the Defendant swears a oath he did not do it or commit zina or steal or drink or any other crime if he still does deny or denies what does the Judge do can he let him or her go what do Islamic texts Quran and Hadiths and Scholars say thank you for your time Ramadan Mubarak ?

  2. Report bad ads?
  3. #2
    azc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    5,080
    Threads
    256
    Reputation
    18951
    Rep Power
    29
    Likes (Given)
    631
    Likes (Received)
    1835

    Re: Question

    https://islamqa.org/maliki/binbayyah...0%2C6437789225

    Islamic Criminal Law - IslamQA
    A historical glimpse over criminal laws: Since the dawn of history, man has lived a social life that necessitated organizing his relations with others through establishing rules that have a binding nature and must be respected in order to control aggressive instincts and the desires for debauchery “And the soul and...
    Question

    Allah (swt) knows best

  4. #3
    truthseeker63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,367
    Threads
    339
    Reputation
    2187
    Rep Power
    47
    Likes (Given)
    7
    Likes (Received)
    120

    Re: Question

    What is the answer what does this below mean if that answers my question thank you ?



    In addition to its strong concern about the safety of the society, the purified shari`ah provides firm guarantees for the individual not only through the principle of warding the punishment off in case of doubt, which applies to hudud; particularly with regard to crimes against ethics and the pure rights of Allah, but it also provided guarantees on the level of juridical procedures and the means of proving proofs. It has disallowed the judge to judge based on his own knowledge and sets as a condition that the witnesses have to be trustworthy and that their number has to be more than two in certain ethical issues. Moreover, it gives excuse to the accused person to discredit the witness when necessary. It prescribes taking oaths and in some cases makes it firmer. It disregards the confession of the person under coercion and only regards confession with free will and choice. It has also set special conditions for the person who assumes the post of a judge including knowledge, piety, honesty, and straightforwardness in addition to other conditions known in the writings on judiciary and judgeship.








     






    https://islamqa.org/maliki/binbayyah/29847?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C6437789225

  5. #4
    Supernova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    482
    Threads
    12
    Reputation
    1587
    Rep Power
    10
    Likes (Given)
    95
    Likes (Received)
    276

    Re: Question

    Quote Originally Posted by truthseeker63 View Post
    As Salamu Alaikum my question in Islam in a Sharia Court if a Plaintiff has two or four Witnesses what if the Defendant swears a oath he did not do it or commit zina or steal or drink or any other crime if he still does deny or denies what does the Judge do can he let him or her go what do Islamic texts Quran and Hadiths and Scholars say thank you for your time Ramadan Mubarak ?
    Asalaamualaykum :

    The fact the defendant is called a DEFENDANT is the fact the they WILL defend themselves by denial.....Which is exactly why you have witnesses to counter the defendants motion of innocence.

    In other other words - If the defendant Admits the crime - Do you think there is any need for a witness ????????
    Question

    Dark Side Of The Moon

  6. Report bad ads?
  7. #5
    truthseeker63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,367
    Threads
    339
    Reputation
    2187
    Rep Power
    47
    Likes (Given)
    7
    Likes (Received)
    120

    Re: Question

    I was trying to ask what if the defendant denies the crime and claims innocence and the defendant swears a oath but the plaintiff has witnesses what does the judge decide in a sharia court thank you ?

  8. #6
    azc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    5,080
    Threads
    256
    Reputation
    18951
    Rep Power
    29
    Likes (Given)
    631
    Likes (Received)
    1835

    Re: Question

    Quote Originally Posted by truthseeker63 View Post
    What is the answer what does this below mean if that answers my question thank you ?



    In addition to its strong concern about the safety of the society, the purified shari`ah provides firm guarantees for the individual not only through the principle of warding the punishment off in case of doubt, which applies to hudud; particularly with regard to crimes against ethics and the pure rights of Allah, but it also provided guarantees on the level of juridical procedures and the means of proving proofs. It has disallowed the judge to judge based on his own knowledge and sets as a condition that the witnesses have to be trustworthy and that their number has to be more than two in certain ethical issues. Moreover, it gives excuse to the accused person to discredit the witness when necessary. It prescribes taking oaths and in some cases makes it firmer. It disregards the confession of the person under coercion and only regards confession with free will and choice. It has also set special conditions for the person who assumes the post of a judge including knowledge, piety, honesty, and straightforwardness in addition to other conditions known in the writings on judiciary and judgeship.








     






    https://islamqa.org/maliki/binbayyah/29847?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C6437789225
    Plz see bold part.

    It's good if you talk to any knowledgeable scholar in person as well

    and Allah swt knows best.

  9. #7
    Supernova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    482
    Threads
    12
    Reputation
    1587
    Rep Power
    10
    Likes (Given)
    95
    Likes (Received)
    276

    Re: Question

    Quote Originally Posted by truthseeker63 View Post
    I was trying to ask what if the defendant denies the crime and claims innocence and the defendant swears a oath but the plaintiff has witnesses what does the judge decide in a sharia court thank you ?
    Thats exactly what I have answered - That by nature the "Defendant" will swear in progress to his/her innocence

    Thats the reason why the other side will have witnesses

    If you asking what happens thereafter - then that will change from circumstance to circumstance on credibility of either side.
    Question

    Dark Side Of The Moon

  10. Hide
Hey there! Question Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Question
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-29-2016, 10:03 PM
  2. QUESTION! (this realli is a question btw! not a poem)
    By true believer in forum Feedback & Suggestions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-05-2009, 04:16 PM
  3. Question about Salaat (probably a silly question)
    By Hamayun in forum New Muslims
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-17-2008, 07:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
create