× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Results 21 to 40 of 60
  1. #1
    Array john.bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Other
    Posts
    18
    Threads
    2
    Reputation
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    How is the test of life fair? (OP)


    I am not a Muslim, but I am very interested in it. I hope by getting an answer to this question I will take a step closer to maybe accepting Islam.

    I understand that Allah gives everyone a chance to live out our lives on earth to test us, even though he knows full well how everyone will do. This is similar to how a legal system allows a convicted criminal to make an appeal in his defense even though everything may be stacked against. I.e. all the evidence. In the day of judgment Allah will use our lives as evidence against us to prove if we did good or bad. To be just Allah allowed us all to live our lives so Allah doesn't have to say to us on the day of judgement "I knew what you would've done if i gave you a life so you go to hell or heaven,etc."

    Instead Allah can say "you had your chance and you failed to prove yourself etc."So suppose we have two people both born in say a Christian family and let's say one is very devout to his religion and the other is more casual and doesn't care much, he just happened to have Christian parents. Like your typical teen they go through school not to concerned yet about religion and reach say the age of 20. Still very young and focused on their sorting their future lives not too serious about religion; as most people are in the west at this age.

    Now suppose the less religious person suddenly dies due to an accident, very probable and has occurred to many people in the world. The devout religious person continues his life and eventually converts to Islam at say 35, which he practices until death.

    The question is therefore, is it unfair that the first person who died early when he was still developing and didn't get a chance to reach full maturity or reach a standard livelihood to be able to pursue say religion? Even if would have remained say a disbeliever till death, wasn't letting him live on earth their to prove he would have died a disbeliever and to avoid having to say "I knew you would have lived to die a disbeliever anyway".The first person who died can now argue that if I had lived to the same age as person 2 I might have become a Muslim. If Allah was simply going to say to him " I knew you would have lived to die a disbeliever anyway" than why did Allah give him a life on in the first place.

    I understand that Allah has said in the Quran that everyone at some point their lives will be introduced or exposed to Islam. But I feel many young people who do are so caught up with problems in their lives and future that they may miss the opportunity to take it seriously. Especially as in this example they may die very young, ignorant of religion having lived a life focused on worldly pleasure. Many Muslim convert's are like this early on and in later life realise they should submit to god and may come across Islam in their search.

    Similarly, why does Allah bring children to this world and many die as children/ babies; which we all know implies that they will enter paradise as they were sinless. What is the point of beinging them to this world if Allah never tested them and simply took their lives and gave them automatic paradise. If I had a choice to whether live long and target a high level in paradise (by enduring hardships and tests) or die young and be guranteed paradise regardless of what level I would be in; I would choose to die young; as this would gurantee paradise.

    I'm not attacking islam I just want this issue cleared up and would appreciate a kind response from someone who might have the answer.

    Thank You
    | Likes azc liked this post

  2. #21
    MazharShafiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Pakistan
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    642
    Threads
    54
    Reputation
    954
    Rep Power
    16
    Likes (Given)
    65
    Likes (Received)
    154

    Re: How is the test of life fair?

    Report bad ads?

    personally if I had a choice of when to be taken away, I would have chosen a time in my childhood when I was considered an innocent child or even a baby because at this time I do not have sins and so will be granted Jannah. We all will have to die one day and that is for sure so a younger age would be better than going through the pain of trails.
    | Likes IslamLife00 liked this post
    How is the test of life fair?


  3. Report bad ads?
  4. #22
    Nájlá's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    3,870
    Threads
    54
    Reputation
    38226
    Rep Power
    92
    Likes (Given)
    202
    Likes (Received)
    111

    Re: How is the test of life fair?

    Hello John,

    You keep repeating that it is unfair for an 18 year old to die young as a disbeliever. Yet we have children as young as 12 convert and become Muslim. Can you explain that?

    The truth is everyone will be exposed to Islam and have a moment of reflection, regardless of how much people are ignorant towards religion.
    The dying young could be a Mercy from Allah from someone who would have lived 70 years and strongly refused Islam. There are 7 doors to hell, although the quran tells us disbelievers would remain in hell forever. The quran talks about those disbelievers who reminders came to them and who strongly refused. No one on the day of judgement will be able to say Allah was unfair. Rather they will say we now know we was wrong return us o Allah so we can make a change.

    We are not to say who will go heaven or who will go to hell. But Allah does not treat any of his creation unfairly. Allah knows what is in each heart and who anyone would end up. There are Muslims who could be practising all their lives and end up being disbelievers at their death bed. Allah knows who is of worthy of his mercy.

    There are many things that are within the unseen. Our small brains can't figure it out. Some things Allah did not make clear to us, even in the quran. The letters Alif Lam Meem, only Allah knows what they mean. No one can tell us exactly what these letters refer to or what they mean.

    What we have John is BELIEF, just like a small child who trust and believes their mother even though this mother is full of wrong. Except with us our God is not full of wrong, He is the Knowing, the Wise, the Powerful, the Just.

    Now tell me, you are among those who Allah gave you reminders about Islam, He exposed the truth to you. Can you argue and say I didn't think you was Just? I doubt that would even cross your mind on the day of judgement. Now you have a choice.

    Also to ADD:
    While yes I would have rather died as a child and be granted Paradise, but only Allah knows who is worthy of this Mercy. Maybe I was not worthy of it? Or maybe Allah granted me to live longer and face tests and trials to gain a higher level in paradise. Or Maybe Allah did not want to test my parents with this test? (They already lost two infants). Again this goes to the most Knowing, we are not to question. Rather we are to trust and belief and obey.


    (May Allah forgive me if I have said anything wrong)
    Last edited by Nájlá; 02-03-2019 at 04:12 PM.
    | Likes Insaanah, Eric H liked this post
    How is the test of life fair?

    Three simple rules in life:

    1) If you do not go after what you want, you will never have it
    2) If you don't ask, the answer will always be no.
    3) If you do not step forward, you'll always be in the same place

  5. #23
    john.bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Other
    Posts
    18
    Threads
    2
    Reputation
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Re: How is the test of life fair?

    @Nájlá

    I understand what you are talking about and please don't take what I say as me being disrespectful, as I certainly don't mean it to be viewed as such. In regards to your points I have few remarks to make:

    Firstly, Just because some 12 year old can accept and convert to Islam doesn't mean everyone can do the same. e.g. as I have said many of my colleagues were ignorant of Islam at a young age and accepted at late age. I am merely stating that God is fair in most context, but in some context such as the test of life God is obviously unfair (or so I am led to believe based on everything I have read about and talked about). I am specifically showing in once such example using the 18 year old as an demonstration as to how God has created a system that is unfair as it favors some individuals over others. If you read in my previous posts I explain the scenario clearly. I would like some one to explain how this is fair?

    Secondly, Yes God works in a way Humans can't understand and maybe God is fair, but based on everything we are revealed and shown; we are correct to assume God is unfair. If God didn't want that than I believe God should have created a fair test or revealed the answer to my question in the Quran.

    Thirdly, Maybe God is guiding me; hence I am here seeking answers. I truly believe that their is an answer but I can't accept to just say "God is correct and will prove it to me in the hereafter", this is because if I apply the same principle to say Christianity one could argue "Trinity will make sense to you once Jesus meets you in the afterlife". Islam is a religion of logic and we can apply logic to make sense of everything God has revealed.

    Finally in regards to dying as a child, the Issues isn't whether what you or I want; but rather God should make it fair so that everyone should feel as though they have equal chance succeeding in this test. Likewise, we should consider the perspective of the child; as they like us asked God to send us to this world to be tested. If they die as soon as they are born or young; they didn't get the same opportunity as say some one that lived to 80 for example. Just like the 80 year old for example the baby also asked to take this test; but was not allowed to. Please explain how that is fair?

    I would appreciate it if someone takes the time to address each point without taking my examples too literally.

  6. #24
    Eric H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    uk
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    3,332
    Threads
    28
    Reputation
    49817
    Rep Power
    113
    Likes (Given)
    4143
    Likes (Received)
    2524

    Re: How is the test of life fair?

    Greetings and peace be with you john.bob;

    but in some context such as the test of life God is obviously unfair
    Do you have the knowledge and power to create the universe and life? How can you possibly have the knowledge to make judgements on your creator?

    In the spirit of searching for a greatest meaning of 'One God'

    Eric
    How is the test of life fair?

    You will never look into the eyes of anyone who does not matter to God.

  7. Report bad ads?
  8. #25
    SidratulMuntah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Germany, Schwelm
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    10
    Threads
    1
    Reputation
    154
    Rep Power
    2
    Likes (Given)
    4
    Likes (Received)
    21

    Re: How is the test of life fair?

    Quote Originally Posted by john.bob View Post
    . I feel that had they died younger they would be destined for hellfire. Now, if im correct the younger men I mentioned could now argue why did he get to live till he accepted islam and I died before i was even able prove what I would've done had i lived that long.
    You talk a little bit weird. Allah determines the day of death in advance. When it's written, that Patrick will die in the age of 75 and accept Islam with 40, that Patrick will not die with 25. So it is nonsense to argue like that: but if he would have died earlier, he would have gone to hell. That argument is not logic, because his death was fixed to 75, so Allah will not allow, that this man will die earlier. No one is destined for hell. We have a free will. That would be nonsense to have a free will, when it would be programmed to go to hell. That wouldn't be fair. That's not just.
    Allah wrote down the future of all humans in advance, before creation. He wrote, what they will do, because he knows the future. He wrote, because they will do. Not he wrote something and it will happen like that. That would be preprogramming like a robot.

    You have to realize, that getting old is a gift. To get old is not your right. You cannot rely on that. You have no claim for that.

    A long life is not a guarantee for accepting Islam. Accepting Islam is not connected to any age. Even someone, who will die with 21 can accept Islam before that time.
    But if that person did really never hear of Islam, he is not to blame. He will get a second test in the hereafter. Allah said clearly in the Quran, that he never punished before he did send a warner.

    A person dies young, that can have two main reasons: he collected already enough good deeds at that age and nothing could make him better. Or Allah, as he knows the future, knew, that this person will never accept Islam, even if he lived for 200 years. Allah knows the unseen, the future. He knows, if someone would accept Islam, if he let him get 90 years old. If Allah saw this, he won't let him die with 15. Do you understand that. A person cannot argue like that: why did not you let me live longer to find out about Islam.... Allah knew in advance, that that person would not have accepted Islam, when he would have let him live longer. We don't know, what we would have done in future, but Allah knows. The test is for us, not for God.
    | Likes Nájlá, Search, Eric H, *charisma*, IslamLife00 liked this post

  9. #26
    john.bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Other
    Posts
    18
    Threads
    2
    Reputation
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Re: How is the test of life fair?

    @SidratulMuntah thank you again for another detailed answer, however I have some issues with your answer.

    Firstly, you claim that if someone died early in life e.g. 19 And if they claimed to God "why didn't you let me live long as this man x who converted to Islam at y age". God could reply "I knew you would have died a sinner so it doesn't matter how long you live". This then means why bother letting him live to 19 if your just gonna send him to hell any way. God couldv'e just said to him before sending him to this test that he would fail and send him to hellfire. In which case making that Individual was pointless.

    Secondly, please don't take my examples literally. I'm not arguing that at a young age such as 18,19,20, etc. it is impossible to become a dedicated Muslim. I am merely saying in general the western society has youngsters that are too distracted or uninterested in religion. Which has led to many converting late in life.

    Thirdly, I understand we have free will and that God simply wrote down what choices make etc. They are not Gods control over us. Does this imply that if I were to commit suicide I controlled when I died and not God. I understand this is slightly off topic from my main question but I would appreciate an answer.

    Also if you don't mind I would also like an answer to my question regarding deaths of young sinless children/babies. I have asked it in detail in previous posts.

  10. #27
    *charisma*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I am a traveler, May Jannah be my home ameen
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    4,648
    Threads
    192
    Reputation
    49406
    Rep Power
    114
    Likes (Given)
    1228
    Likes (Received)
    2734

    Re: How is the test of life fair?

    Quote Originally Posted by john.bob View Post
    Also if you don't mind I would also like an answer to my question regarding deaths of young sinless children/babies. I have asked it in detail in previous posts.
    We have answered your question regarding this. Their judgement is with Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala and no one knows of anyone's fate except for Him.


    Quote Originally Posted by john.bob View Post
    Firstly, you claim that if someone died early in life e.g. 19 And if they claimed to God "why didn't you let me live long as this man x who converted to Islam at y age". God could reply "I knew you would have died a sinner so it doesn't matter how long you live". This then means why bother letting him live to 19 if your just gonna send him to hell any way. God couldv'e just said to him before sending him to this test that he would fail and send him to hellfire. In which case making that Individual was pointless.
    Everyone was created solely to worship Allah. That is why you are created. You are not created to be placed in paradise or hell, rather that is what you are given based on your deeds/the result of your worship (or lack thereof). So your question on why bother creating someone if he is going to go to hell anyway, it is because he was created to worship Allah, and SINCE HE FAILED TO DO SO, he goes to hell. Your soul chose to take this test, you were given the chance to prove that you will worship Allah, so if you CHOSE this, then it is YOUR fault that you did not put in the effort to seek guidance and failed to worship Allah. I think that's pretty fair. You also shouldn't compare anyone's life to someone else's. Some people live until they are only 12 and they have went through more than what some 50 year olds have been through, so age is really JUST a number relative to the events that happen in one's life. And I'm sorry but I don't believe anyone who is 18 doesn't think about religion or their life. Sure they are distracted, but they think about it, they just don't care and are lazy and want to run after their desires. Allah sends us signs all the time and death happens all around us. There really is no excuse for anyone not to learn if they are sound of mind unless they themselves refuse to do it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by john.bob View Post
    Finally in regards to dying as a child, the Issues isn't whether what you or I want; but rather God should make it fair so that everyone should feel as though they have equal chance succeeding in this test. Likewise, we should consider the perspective of the child; as they like us asked God to send us to this world to be tested. If they die as soon as they are born or young; they didn't get the same opportunity as say some one that lived to 80 for example. Just like the 80 year old for example the baby also asked to take this test; but was not allowed to. Please explain how that is fair?
    Accepting Allah's decree is one of our tests, and after that baby dies, you don't know their fate so you can't really say what is unfair since our soul doesn't necessarily die, we are just taken from this world.
    | Likes Eric H liked this post
    How is the test of life fair?

    D e a t h

    is the easiest
    of all things after it
    ; ;

    the hardest
    of all things before it

  11. #28
    Ümit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    510
    Threads
    6
    Reputation
    2271
    Rep Power
    11
    Likes (Given)
    132
    Likes (Received)
    352

    Re: How is the test of life fair?

    @john.bob
    You think that the person who converted to İslaam is a good thing? That he deserves a medal? NO. What he did was wrong. He should have believed in Allah right away when he first heart about it. İf he goes to heaven than only because Allahs mercy.

    Besides no one gets a heavier burden than they can carry. İf person x was destined to die at age 20....then it was expected that he could have believed if he wanted...he just did not want that.

    The game rules are the same for everyone...no one knows when he dies...no one has the guarantee to die at old age....you should believe before your death....and living you entire life as a sinner and converting at the last second is NOT a good thing.
    | Likes Eric H liked this post

  12. #29
    SidratulMuntah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Germany, Schwelm
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    10
    Threads
    1
    Reputation
    154
    Rep Power
    2
    Likes (Given)
    4
    Likes (Received)
    21

    Re: How is the test of life fair?

    Quote Originally Posted by john.bob View Post
    This then means why bother letting him live to 19 if your just gonna send him to hell any way. God couldv'e just said to him before sending him to this test that he would fail and send him to hellfire. In which case making that Individual was pointless.
    Look, I told you already, that it is a test for us. We undergo the exam. God does not undergo the test. Yes, God can tell that in advance to a person, let´s call him Tom, that he will go to hell, and he could put him instantly to hell, but that moment Allah is not just. Tom could say: Why do you put me into hell? No, I wont be a sinner, I wont be bad. I have no evidence for that. But Allah is just. He lets us live the life, our life is our evidence. When we lived it, we will know, what we did. We will see, how many times we did sin. We will know, when we go to hell, why we go to hell. Allah said that already, that none will complain against his justice, because the inhabitants of hell will know, that they deserved it. Allah sends no one to hell, who did not deserve it. Are you more just, more gracious and more smart than Allah? Too, I told you already, that every soul agreed after it was created, that it want to be born on earth as a human and to be tested with the chance of paradise. Out of you, Satan is speaking. You turn around like a snake. If someone explaines to you things, you again start debating the same things from the beginning again. The problem is, you dont want to believe and you will find excuses again and again. You will say: yes, you are right, BUT... or yes, I understand, BUT...
    Look, when the soul of Tom agreed to be born as a human on earth and to be tested, God, who is absolute just, will not suddenly say: You go to hell instantly now, I see, that you will be so and so. No, he will let him live. They did not made a contract about, how long will that life be. And when the test is about living just 15 years and die, so it is like that. The person, who died early without doing any sin, he/ she will be rewarded for that in the hereafter. This behaviour of always saying: but if this had happened, but if that had happend, it is from Satan. It will lead you astray.
    Allah revealed to us, what he wanted us to know. We dont know every single wisdom behind the things he does. I can just guess or suspect. But suspicions bring nothing. If we knew all wisdom behind his steps, we would be God.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by john.bob View Post

    Thirdly, I understand we have free will and that God simply wrote down what choices make etc. They are not Gods control over us. Does this imply that if I were to commit suicide I controlled when I died and not God. I understand this is slightly off topic from my main question but I would appreciate an answer.
    No, you did not control your suicide. Nothing happens without God´s permission. Every single step of our free will would not happen without his permission. But for the sake of the free will, God allowed evil.
    If you really would have planned suicide on 1st december 2021, for example, so when Allah saw your future in advance, he knew you will commit suicide on that 01-12-2021. So to not intervene into your free will, what would be unjust, because he guaranteed it to us without any condition, he fixed your day of death in your destiny to that particular day.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by john.bob View Post
    Also if you don't mind I would also like an answer to my question regarding deaths of young sinless children/babies. I have asked it in detail in previous posts.
    I am new to that board. I don´t know all your previous posts.

    Babies and children under the puberty their sins will not be written. And sure, a newborn can´t have any sin.

    If these babies and children die/die young, they will be rewarded for that in the hereafter. You are rigth, they did not commit any sin.
    They still did not undergo the test. But they are a test for others, how others deal with that loss: the parents, the family, the society.

    These babies, children will go to paradise. They are together with Abraham in one of the seven heavens and play with him. They wait there to be
    later re-united with their parents in paradise.

    Allah said that in the Quran:

    "And We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient..." (Quran 2:155)

    | Likes CuriousonTruth, Nájlá, IslamLife00 liked this post

  13. Report bad ads?
  14. #30
    john.bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Other
    Posts
    18
    Threads
    2
    Reputation
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Re: How is the test of life fair?

    @Umit Firstly people that convert didn't get the choice to be Muslim when they were born and will naturally be hesitant to accept something that challenges their beliefs they have practiced since childhood.

    Also, we know that Humans have free will and therefore are in control of their lives. Many people commit suicide due to pressure in their life exceeding that which they can withstand. This proves that they have been burdened far beyond their capabilities.

    If we do not know when we will die, it is impossible to convert in the last minute; since we do not know when our last minute will be. Also Many converts are very dedicated and will go to extreme lengths to fulfill the five pillars and regret their childhood as a disbeliever.
    @SidratulMuntah I never claimed that God is undergoing the test, I know humans are the ones being tested. I agree with your example of Tom but lets now say that Bob who is very similar to Tom and is a disbeliever but he accepts Islam at the age of 38. Now this is an issue because Tom didn't get to live to the same age to potentially accept Islam, though probably wouldn't have converted. But Didn't God make this test so that their can be evidence that this disbeliever would have stayed a disbeliever no matter how long he lives. I feel God simply end his test abruptly, whilst other disbelievers die at 80, 90, etc. How is that fair? If we are given the same exam we should be given the same time to complete it, so that nobody has complaints at the end or feel cheated.

    You also claim that we have free will, but we do not control if we commit suicide; this contradicts because for example some one was to hang themselves, is it the action God that hanged him or was it the control of the individual being hanged. If it is under Gods control then the individual does not have free will, but if the individual did commit suicide under hos own control; then he has clearly been give burden beyond his capability and therefore took his own life to relieve himself without Gods influence. i.e. if he had lived any longer he would be under increasing burden.

    Also your answer to the points about babies dying, clearly states that babies are more favored to enter paradise without hardship; whilst us adults will have to suffer to potentially even miss paradise. How is that fair. Likewise, didn't the baby ask to be tested like us; how comes his request was ignored and instead taken early. How is that fair?

    Please don't say that Satan is speaking out of me, just because I am seeking to accept islam. Clearly, Satan wouldn't want that. I am merely applying logic to prove your and everyone else's answers wrong; as they fail to satisfy what I am looking for. They seem to always leave me with more questions than answers.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by *charisma* View Post
    We have answered your question regarding this. Their judgement is with Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala and no one knows of anyone's fate except for Him.
    You have not answered my question, you are simply saying that you do not know and that we should just believe in Allah. This is not a logical answer as belief could imply any religion is correct, we should apply logic so that it makes sense to anyone. Based on what is revealed and what we know, we are free to make assumptions; which we can't be held accountable for as God did not reveal the answer to us.

    Quote Originally Posted by *charisma* View Post
    Everyone was created solely to worship Allah. That is why you are created. You are not created to be placed in paradise or hell, rather that is what you are given based on your deeds/the result of your worship (or lack thereof). So your question on why bother creating someone if he is going to go to hell anyway, it is because he was created to worship Allah, and SINCE HE FAILED TO DO SO, he goes to hell. Your soul chose to take this test, you were given the chance to prove that you will worship Allah, so if you CHOSE this, then it is YOUR fault that you did not put in the effort to seek guidance and failed to worship Allah. I think that's pretty fair. You also shouldn't compare anyone's life to someone else's. Some people live until they are only 12 and they have went through more than what some 50 year olds have been through, so age is really JUST a number relative to the events that happen in one's life. And I'm sorry but I don't believe anyone who is 18 doesn't think about religion or their life. Sure they are distracted, but they think about it, they just don't care and are lazy and want to run after their desires. Allah sends us signs all the time and death happens all around us. There really is no excuse for anyone not to learn if they are sound of mind unless they themselves refuse to do it.
    Yes I understand God created everyone to worship God, but why did an individual get created to take a test that he isn't given the opportunity to complete whilst others are. I fail to see how your point above relates to my question which is that:

    So suppose we have two people both born in say a Christian family and let's say one is very devout to his religion and the other is more casual and doesn't care much, he just happened to have Christian parents. Like your typical teen they go through school not to concerned yet about religion and reach say the age of 20. Still very young and focused on their sorting their future lives not too serious about religion; as most people are in the west at this age.Suppose the less religious person suddenly dies due to an accident, very probable and has occurred to many people in the world. The devout religious person continues his life and eventually converts to Islam at say 35, which he practices until death.The question is therefore, is it unfair that the first person who died early when he was still developing and didn't get a chance to reach full maturity or reach a standard livelihood to be able to pursue say religion? Even if would have remained say a disbeliever till death, wasn't letting him live on earth their to prove he would have died a disbeliever and to avoid having to say "I knew you would have lived to die a disbeliever anyway".The first person who died can now argue that if I had lived to the same age as person 2 I might have become a Muslim. If Allah was simply going to say to him " I knew you would have lived to die a disbeliever anyway" than why did Allah give him a life on in the first place.Please come to the Uk and go to any street and find any 18, 19, 20, etc. young person and try to convert them to Islam and see how seriously they take it. Some mayconvert but most will not take you seriously/ ignore you. However, I know Muslim converts who admitted that they were very ignorant at 20 and became devout mulims later on in their lives. They have even admitted that they feel blessed to have lived to accept Islam and that they expressed sadness those younger ones that die before accepting Islam.


    Quote Originally Posted by *charisma* View Post
    Accepting Allah's decree is one of our tests, and after that baby dies, you don't know their fate so you can't really say what is unfair since our soul doesn't necessarily die, we are just taken from this world.
    @SidratulMuntah pointed out that babies/ sinless children do go to paradise automatically; which contradicts with what you say; as we do know what happens to young sinless children after death. This than relates to my question of fairness from the perspective of the child who asked to take the test but was instead used as a tool to be a test for their parents. How is that fair? Likewise, many people would prefer to die young and go to paradise for free, for example the 18/ 20 year old homeless individual living in war torn countries; who may possibly go to hell for not fulfilling their obligations as muslims. e.g. 5 daily salat, ramadan, lack of faith due to struggles, etc.

  15. #31
    azc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    7,069
    Threads
    390
    Reputation
    23328
    Rep Power
    39
    Likes (Given)
    969
    Likes (Received)
    2436

    Re: How is the test of life fair?

    @john.bob :

    Your lamenting for the children who died in childhood or in their teens.
    According to you, generally, the person who reaches 40 yrs or more can accept Islam as he is now matured enough, like your colleges who are 40 yrs or so, have accepted Islam. It means your age is more or less 40 yrs and this age is the criteria for accepting Islam, THEN WHY HAVE YOU NOT ACCEPTED ISLAM YET.???

    Or

    You want all those children who died before becoming adult should be revived first, then you will accept Islam...?
    Last edited by azc; 02-04-2019 at 03:56 PM.
    | Likes Eric H liked this post

  16. #32
    *charisma*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I am a traveler, May Jannah be my home ameen
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    4,648
    Threads
    192
    Reputation
    49406
    Rep Power
    114
    Likes (Given)
    1228
    Likes (Received)
    2734

    Re: How is the test of life fair?

    Quote Originally Posted by john.bob View Post
    You have not answered my question, you are simply saying that you do not know and that we should just believe in Allah. This is not a logical answer as belief could imply any religion is correct, we should apply logic so that it makes sense to anyone. Based on what is revealed and what we know, we are free to make assumptions; which we can't be held accountable for as God did not reveal the answer to us.
    Well, I already believe. It's you who doesn't, so to me this is a very logical answer because no matter WHAT you believe, eventually the soul returns to it's creator. What happens after that is no one's concern.


    Quote Originally Posted by john.bob View Post
    Yes I understand God created everyone to worship God, but why did an individual get created to take a test that he isn't given the opportunity to complete whilst others are. I fail to see how your point above relates to my question which is that:
    Every second of your life is a part of the test, is it not? Have you never heard of "Live every day as if its your last" or "Time goes by in the blink of an eye" or "life's short." When you're created you are NOT PROMISED a long life, what you are promised is a death that can occur at anytime, even if it is in the womb. You also assume that the death of the self is the death of the soul, or that our test is completed at the time of death. Neither of these are true. You are tested even after your death, such as in the grave.

    "Everyone shall taste death. And only on the Day of Resurrection shall you be paid your wages in full. And whoever is removed away from the fire and admitted to Paradise, he indeed is successful. The life of this world is only the enjoyment of deception (a deceiving thing)." (3:185)

    Quote Originally Posted by john.bob View Post
    Even if would have remained say a disbeliever till death, wasn't letting him live on earth their to prove he would have died a disbeliever and to avoid having to say "I knew you would have lived to die a disbeliever anyway".The first person who died can now argue that if I had lived to the same age as person 2 I might have become a Muslim. If Allah was simply going to say to him " I knew you would have lived to die a disbeliever anyway" than why did Allah give him a life on in the first place.Please come to the Uk and go to any street and find any 18, 19, 20, etc. young person and try to convert them to Islam and see how seriously they take it. Some mayconvert but most will not take you seriously/ ignore you. However, I know Muslim converts who admitted that they were very ignorant at 20 and became devout mulims later on in their lives. They have even admitted that they feel blessed to have lived to accept Islam and that they expressed sadness those younger ones that die before accepting Islam.
    It is fair because Allah warns us of death multiple times in the Quran. Not only in the Quran, but in every religion we are promised death, and even if you do not believe in religion, you know that death is inevitable and can happen at any time. So if you are not preparing yourself for the inevitable when you KNOW without a doubt that this can happen, whose fault is that? If I told you nothing except that you will die, what are you going to do? Tomorrow is not promised, but you and everyone else on this earth knows that. Is it fair if you die tonight while someone else dies tomorrow? Yes, because you are both given death regardless of how far apart it is and you are tested with how you used that time. What you do during the time of your birth until your death is YOUR responsibility and it comes back to you. What matters here is how you use the time you are given, not how much time is given. How much time is irrelevant because we are all appointed different times. And again Allah accounts EVERY thing in your life.

    Your argument to begin with is also flawed. Your argument is that ok maybe with a bit more time, we gain more experience, and we realize the error in our ways and become Muslim, but we are not given that chance if our lives are cut short. Well I can argue that it's not fair that you are comparing a shorter life to someone with a longer life. There are young adults who die as Muslims and some who die as nonMuslims. Why do you not compare an 18 year old revert who has died to an 18 year old disbeliever who has died? That is a more fair assessment that we could make. Likewise there are examples of people living to over a hundred and dying as nonMuslims with all the time they've had they choose not to accept Islam, WHY is that?? Who would best be able to answer that? So I think it's fair to say TIME is not an indicator of WHY a person converts. If you want to pin individual against individual, then we have to take into account the entire life of that individual as to why they did/did not become Muslim, what signs were sent to them, the influences they've had in their lives, their capacity of understanding etc.

    ANd to answer your second question about WHY be created if you are going to die a disbeliever, well you are not created to die as a disbeliever. You are created to worship Allah and die as a believer if you are SUCCESSFUL but you chose to live your life as a disbeliever and death happened to reach you. You can't blame Allah for that because well here you are a disbeliever, and you are willing to stay that way until tomorrow even though tomorrow is not promised to you. Why is that?
    Last edited by *charisma*; 02-04-2019 at 04:11 PM.
    | Likes Eric H liked this post
    How is the test of life fair?

    D e a t h

    is the easiest
    of all things after it
    ; ;

    the hardest
    of all things before it

  17. #33
    Insaanah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    4,527
    Threads
    175
    Reputation
    153123
    Rep Power
    138
    Likes (Given)
    1166
    Likes (Received)
    3368

    Re: How is the test of life fair?

    John.bob, a belated welcome to the forum,
    I appreciate the subject of this thread, but may I ask, to put the subject of the thread into context, roughly how much you know generally about Islam? Eg have you read a translation of the Qur’ān, do you anything about prophet Muhammad may the peace, blessings and salutations of Allah be on him, or the five pillars of Islam etc? Or at the moment are you learning about Allah first and don’t know too much about the other things mentioned, about which you’ll go onto afterwards?
    How is the test of life fair?


    Stunningly beautiful adhaan from the Dome of the Rock in Masjid ul Aqsa
    Download (right click and choose "save target/link as").


    This is a clear message for mankind in order that they may be warned thereby, and that they may know that He is only One God, and that those of understanding may take heed (14:52)


    Indeed Allah knows, and you know not (16: 74, part)

  18. #34
    john.bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Other
    Posts
    18
    Threads
    2
    Reputation
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Re: How is the test of life fair?

    @azc please understand the whole purpose of my question is too clear my doubts, in hopes of accepting Islam one day. I would much rather prefer you comment here to answer my question than to come here attacking me.
    @*charisma* I understand what you are saying, so in theory the 20 year old in my example should go to hell for ignoring the warnings and Islams teachings. Then what if the young men questions to God why didn't you let me live long as the other individual who accepted Islam at a later age, who was exactly like the 20 year old when the convert was younger.

    I understand time is not always the indicator for someone to achieve the correct path in life e.g. 12 year old converts., but in this very plausible and real life example it just so happens to be the case that an individual who was astray was guided later in life. This then implicates that younger people can feel cheated out, especially as this was supposed to be their chance to prove themselves (of course god already knows the outcome). God should have let them live to the same age or beyond to make it fairer. Although this may not be a solution, it would certainly eliminate the issue I highlighted.
    @Insaanah greetings to you too, I have read alot about Islam and find it fascinating and very logical. I have few tiny issues that I am seeking answers to, hence I am here.

  19. Report bad ads?
  20. #35
    *charisma*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I am a traveler, May Jannah be my home ameen
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    4,648
    Threads
    192
    Reputation
    49406
    Rep Power
    114
    Likes (Given)
    1228
    Likes (Received)
    2734

    Re: How is the test of life fair?

    Quote Originally Posted by john.bob View Post
    @*charisma* I understand what you are saying, so in theory the 20 year old in my example should go to hell for ignoring the warnings and Islams teachings. Then what if the young men questions to God why didn't you let me live long as the other individual who accepted Islam at a later age, who was exactly like the 20 year old when the convert was younger.
    Your life is not the other guy's life. Why didn't you accept Islam like the younger guy? You're fixated on age when it makes no difference. Also no one's life is exactly the same as another's. We all face different experiences. Oh and if you died before someone else, then you won't be able to have an argument as you were not a witness to that person's life since you died before him. Which is why we can only worry about our own souls rather than to compare to someone else's.

    Quote Originally Posted by john.bob View Post
    God should have let them live to the same age or beyond to make it fairer. Although this may not be a solution, it would certainly eliminate the issue I highlighted.
    You know this made me think of how two best friends can grow apart and change as they grow up. So imagine two friends, same age and upbringing, except at some point one of them starts to make different choices and steers away on a different path. Because of one's choices, he may die sooner. You can't blame God for that.
    Last edited by *charisma*; 02-05-2019 at 12:06 AM.
    How is the test of life fair?

    D e a t h

    is the easiest
    of all things after it
    ; ;

    the hardest
    of all things before it

  21. #36
    Eric H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    uk
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    3,332
    Threads
    28
    Reputation
    49817
    Rep Power
    113
    Likes (Given)
    4143
    Likes (Received)
    2524

    Re: How is the test of life fair?

    Greetings and peace be with you john.bob;

    I understand time is not always the indicator for someone to achieve the correct path in life e.g. 12 year old converts.,
    If you ask pious 80 year olds about their salvation, they will probably say, they do not deserve it; but they could only achieve salvation through the love, mercy and forgiveness of Allah, and not from what they have done.

    Blessings
    Eric
    How is the test of life fair?

    You will never look into the eyes of anyone who does not matter to God.

  22. #37
    john.bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Other
    Posts
    18
    Threads
    2
    Reputation
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Re: How is the test of life fair?

    @*charisma* I am not so easily convinced as others are as I wish to follow the correct path, not just a path that seems right. You see God created a system i.e. this life as a test. God claims he is absolute Just. But if we observe this system we can prove that it is infact not Just at all. Therefore God has made an incorrect statement, which than disproves god. please answer what god could say to the individual I spoke of in my last post, then I will reply with an response to counter that. I am not concerned with things such as who knows what if someone dies earlier, I am merely observing the system god created and testing if truly is a fair test for everyone.
    @Eric H are you a muslim, eventhough your info under your name says christianity. I agree with what you say but it still does not address my question so please do not reply to my post unless you have an answer, Thank you

  23. #38
    najimuddin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,041
    Threads
    186
    Reputation
    14838
    Rep Power
    31
    Likes (Given)
    864
    Likes (Received)
    953

    Re: How is the test of life fair?



    It is Allahs prerogative to do as He pleases.

    He tells us: “Indeed, [O Muhammad], you do not guide whom you like, but Allah guides whom He wills. And He is most knowing of the [rightly] guided.” (Qur’an, 28:56)

    and

    “He is not questioned about what He does, but they will be questioned.” (Qur’an, 21:23)

    That said, a major misunderstanding may arise with people who understand this in an anthropomorphic manner.

    Allah tells us: “There is certainly nothing like Him.” (Qur’an, 42:11)

    Despite this, in His infinite mercy, Allah has mentioned certain qualities of His that a human being may attempt to understand – with the caveat that human intellect cannot truly understand His reality because there is nothing like Him.

    In Surah Kahf Allah illustrates the limitation of the intellect in understanding right from wrong in the incident of Musa and Khidr .


    Musa , being a Prophet of Allah, understood himself to be the most knowledgeable person in existence. Hence, Allah had Musa find and learn from Khidr . Along the way there were 3 blatantly apparent wrongs that Khidr committed. Musa protested to Khidr about this. After the third time, Khidr informed Musa about the realities of the wrongs he witnessed. Musa then realized that what he witnessed were not wrongs at all. The incidents were related to certain knowledge related to beyond the apparent which a person has to be taught by Allah to understand.


    Not surprisingly, Allah very clearly tells us the limitations of human intellect: “And of knowledge, you (mankind) have been given only a little.” (Qur’an, 17:85)

    The above may be hard to grasp for some and that’s understandable. This is because our enemy Iblis is doing what he said he would – earnestly deceiving us. Deceiving us from realizing and focusing on our actual purpose in life: “And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me.” (Qur’an, 51:56)

    Allah will only ask me about what concerned me and was within my control - nothing else.
    | Likes *charisma*, Nájlá, Insaanah, Eric H liked this post
    How is the test of life fair?



  24. #39
    *charisma*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I am a traveler, May Jannah be my home ameen
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    4,648
    Threads
    192
    Reputation
    49406
    Rep Power
    114
    Likes (Given)
    1228
    Likes (Received)
    2734

    Re: How is the test of life fair?

    Quote Originally Posted by john.bob View Post
    @*charisma* I am not so easily convinced as others are as I wish to follow the correct path, not just a path that seems right. You see God created a system i.e. this life as a test. God claims he is absolute Just. But if we observe this system we can prove that it is infact not Just at all. Therefore God has made an incorrect statement, which than disproves god. please answer what god could say to the individual I spoke of in my last post, then I will reply with an response to counter that. I am not concerned with things such as who knows what if someone dies earlier, I am merely observing the system god created and testing if truly is a fair test for everyone.
    But I did answer it. You just have no argument against it because your thinking is completely flawed. You are not a witness to someone else's life and what you are a witness to is only your own limited perspective and knowledge. WHO is it that you are trying to prove your case to? Yourself or to Allah?? Allah already knows your case better than you so you cannot prove anything to Him. He knows the truth and it will be SHOWN to you on the day of judgement. If it is to yourself that you are trying to prove the case to then ask yourself why you are not a Muslim, because all I hear you saying is that whatever it is you believe right now is more "correct" than Islam. And so far, I don't see that.

    1. You are not the other person.
    2. You did not live enough to compare yourself someone who has outlived you.
    3. Why didn't you convert like someone who is younger than you, why did they convert and you haven't?
    4. There are examples of people who have lived to the age of 40, 50, 60 and have not converted, so again where is your argument against that?

    These are the points that expose your fallacious argument.

    If two people went in to take an exam (like the two people in your example), one person was given 10 questions and 10 minutes to complete the exam, and the other person was given 20 questions and 20 minutes to complete the exam. Is that fair, or not? And if not, how can it be made fair? Because to be honest, your way of thinking has no logic.
    | Likes Eric H liked this post
    How is the test of life fair?

    D e a t h

    is the easiest
    of all things after it
    ; ;

    the hardest
    of all things before it

  25. Report bad ads?
  26. #40
    eesa the kiwi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,340
    Threads
    141
    Reputation
    7122
    Rep Power
    29
    Likes (Given)
    302
    Likes (Received)
    846

    Re: How is the test of life fair?

    Just to add on the day of judgment you're not going to be worried about those who did not receive the message you're going to be worried about your own skin

    Dont concern yourself with others. the message of worshipping the creator alone has reached you

    Question is what are you going to do about it
    How is the test of life fair?

    Imagine sleeping without praying isha and then waking up in your grave- bilal Phillips


  27. Hide
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! How is the test of life fair? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. How is the test of life fair?
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Life is a test
    By Sunshine9001 in forum Advice & Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-29-2008, 06:58 PM
  2. *!* Life- Is It A Test? *!*
    By Khayal in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-25-2007, 05:52 PM
  3. Life is a..........TEST!
    By lyesh in forum General
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-19-2007, 05:30 PM
  4. Life is a test
    By faisalfaz in forum Creative Writing & Art
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-08-2006, 01:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
create