× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Isra and miraj

  1. #1
    taha_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    394
    Threads
    32
    Reputation
    547
    Rep Power
    3
    Likes (Given)
    4
    Likes (Received)
    122

    Isra and miraj

    Report bad ads?

    assalamu alaikum rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

    Could you provide the whole authentic story about isra and miraj?

    JazakAllah khair

  2. Report bad ads?
  3. #2
    HabibUrrehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    CA
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    633
    Threads
    31
    Reputation
    991
    Rep Power
    4
    Likes (Given)
    185
    Likes (Received)
    230

    Re: Isra and miraj

    There are plenty of videos on this topic which you can watch. I am giving a link below for one such lecture by Mufti Menk.

    https://youtu.be/pixb5VC2Zz0

    This covers most of the details.

    If you still like to read then refer to article below:

    http://www.sunna.info/Lessons/islam_365.html

    Isra and Mi'raj - Life Of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) - Mufti Menk - YouTube
    The Isra and Mi'raj (Arabic: الإسراء والمعراج‎, al-’Isrā’ wal-Mi‘rāj) are the two parts of a Night Journey taken by the prophet Muhammad during a single nigh......

  4. #3
    taha_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    394
    Threads
    32
    Reputation
    547
    Rep Power
    3
    Likes (Given)
    4
    Likes (Received)
    122

    Re: Isra and miraj

    Quote Originally Posted by HabibUrrehman View Post
    There are plenty of videos on this topic which you can watch. I am giving a link below for one such lecture by Mufti Menk.

    https://youtu.be/pixb5VC2Zz0

    This covers most of the details.

    If you still like to read then refer to article below:

    http://www.sunna.info/Lessons/islam_365.html

    Isra and Mi'raj - Life Of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) - Mufti Menk - YouTube
    The Isra and Mi'raj (Arabic: الإسراء والمعراج‎, al-’Isrā’ wal-Mi‘rāj) are the two parts of a Night Journey taken by the prophet Muhammad during a single nigh......
    assalamu alaikum rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

    Thank you very much. The only part I was confused is Divine Presence which I read other websites before this. Divine Presence is Allah's Presence right?

    JazakAllah khair
    Last edited by taha_; 11-06-2019 at 06:06 AM.

  5. #4
    taha_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    394
    Threads
    32
    Reputation
    547
    Rep Power
    3
    Likes (Given)
    4
    Likes (Received)
    122

    Re: Isra and miraj

    assalamu alaikum rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

    Also the video you sent has no subtitle. I am deaf from birth.

  6. Report bad ads?
  7. #5
    QasimAttari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Pakistan
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    3
    Threads
    1
    Reputation
    6
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Re: Isra and miraj

    Read Book About This Topic

  8. #6
    HabibUrrehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    CA
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    633
    Threads
    31
    Reputation
    991
    Rep Power
    4
    Likes (Given)
    185
    Likes (Received)
    230

    Re: Isra and miraj

    Quote Originally Posted by taha_ View Post
    assalamu alaikum rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

    Also the video you sent has no subtitle. I am deaf from birth.
    Subhanallah you are blessed my brother, better than many who can hear but are still deaf. May Allah raise your status in Hereafter. Ameen!

    Below is the video with subtitles.

    https://youtu.be/R1ThT-uboQ0

    07 - Muhammad SAW - The Night Journey - YouTube
    Subscribe for more Islamic Videos! #TheRighteousPath #Islam #ALLAH #Muslim Life of Our Beloved Prophet SAW. Video Credits: https://www.youtube.com/user/Soldi......

  9. #7
    HabibUrrehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    CA
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    633
    Threads
    31
    Reputation
    991
    Rep Power
    4
    Likes (Given)
    185
    Likes (Received)
    230

    Re: Isra and miraj

    Quote Originally Posted by taha_ View Post
    Thank you very much. The only part I was confused is Divine Presence which I read other websites before this. Divine Presence is Allah's Presence right?

    JazakAllah khair




    That is right. Prophet Muhammad PBUH was as close to Allah as any creation can be before the day of Judgement. Inshallah those in Jannah al firdous will get to see Allah every morning and evening and may Allah make us among those. Ameen!

    Now whether Prophet Muhammad PBUH saw Allah SWT or not is a matter of dispute among scholars. Majority of the scholars believe that Prophet Muhammad PBUH felt the presence of Allah but he did not see Him & Allah knows the best.
    | Likes Mountains liked this post

  10. #8
    taha_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    394
    Threads
    32
    Reputation
    547
    Rep Power
    3
    Likes (Given)
    4
    Likes (Received)
    122

    Re: Isra and miraj

    Quote Originally Posted by HabibUrrehman View Post
    Subhanallah you are blessed my brother, better than many who can hear but are still deaf. May Allah raise your status in Hereafter. Ameen!

    Below is the video with subtitles.

    https://youtu.be/R1ThT-uboQ0

    07 - Muhammad SAW - The Night Journey - YouTube
    Subscribe for more Islamic Videos! #TheRighteousPath #Islam #ALLAH #Muslim Life of Our Beloved Prophet SAW. Video Credits: https://www.youtube.com/user/Soldi......
    Assalam o alaikum rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

    SubnAllah. Allah o Akbar

    It is amazing story. May Allah bless prophet Muhammad peace be upon him and raise him into a level of Paradise which no one but Muhammad peace be upon him will reach. In sha Allah

    JazakAllah khair

  11. #9
    taha_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    394
    Threads
    32
    Reputation
    547
    Rep Power
    3
    Likes (Given)
    4
    Likes (Received)
    122

    Re: Isra and miraj

    Assalam o alaikum rahmatullahi

    Brother Habib
    It is true though. Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him did not see Allah. Just felt His presence instead.

    The Belief that The Prophet (ﷺ) never saw Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَ

    Narrated Masruq:
    I said to `Aisha, "O Mother! Did Prophet Muhammad see his Lord?" Aisha said, "What you have said makes my hair stand on end ! Know that if somebody tells you one of the following three things, he is a liar: Whoever tells you that Muhammad saw his Lord, is a liar." Then Aisha recited the Verse: 'No vision can grasp Him, but His grasp is over all vision. He is the Most Courteous Well-Acquainted with all things.' (6.103) 'It is not fitting for a human being that Allah should speak to him except by inspiration or from behind a veil.' (42.51) `Aisha further said, "And whoever tells you that the Prophet knows what is going to happen tomorrow, is a liar." She then recited: 'No soul can know what it will earn tomorrow.' (31.34) She added: "And whoever tell you that he concealed (some of Allah's orders), is a liar." Then she recited: 'O Apostle! Proclaim (the Message) which has been sent down to you from your Lord..' (5.67) `Aisha added. "But the Prophet (ﷺ) saw Gabriel in his true form twice."

    Sahih Bukhari : Vol. 6, Book 60, Hadith 378
    Arabic reference : Book 65, Hadith 4855


    JazakAllah khair

  12. Report bad ads?
  13. #10
    HabibUrrehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    CA
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    633
    Threads
    31
    Reputation
    991
    Rep Power
    4
    Likes (Given)
    185
    Likes (Received)
    230

    Re: Isra and miraj

    Quote Originally Posted by taha_ View Post
    Assalam o alaikum rahmatullahi

    Brother Habib
    It is true though. Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him did not see Allah. Just felt His presence instead.

    The Belief that The Prophet (ﷺ) never saw Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَ

    Narrated Masruq:
    I said to `Aisha, "O Mother! Did Prophet Muhammad see his Lord?" Aisha said, "What you have said makes my hair stand on end ! Know that if somebody tells you one of the following three things, he is a liar: Whoever tells you that Muhammad saw his Lord, is a liar." Then Aisha recited the Verse: 'No vision can grasp Him, but His grasp is over all vision. He is the Most Courteous Well-Acquainted with all things.' (6.103) 'It is not fitting for a human being that Allah should speak to him except by inspiration or from behind a veil.' (42.51) `Aisha further said, "And whoever tells you that the Prophet knows what is going to happen tomorrow, is a liar." She then recited: 'No soul can know what it will earn tomorrow.' (31.34) She added: "And whoever tell you that he concealed (some of Allah's orders), is a liar." Then she recited: 'O Apostle! Proclaim (the Message) which has been sent down to you from your Lord..' (5.67) `Aisha added. "But the Prophet (ﷺ) saw Gabriel in his true form twice."

    Sahih Bukhari : Vol. 6, Book 60, Hadith 378
    Arabic reference : Book 65, Hadith 4855


    JazakAllah khair
    JazakAllah khair Brother! I love you for the sake of Allah.

    Not related to the topic but I think I should share this hadith:

    There are seven whom Allah will shade in His Shade on the Day when there is no shade except His Shade:

    1. a just ruler;
    2. a youth who grew up in the worship of Allah, the Mighty and Majestic;
    3. a man whose heart is attached to the mosques;
    4. two men who love each other for Allah’s sake, meeting for that and parting upon that;
    5. a man who is called by a woman of beauty and position [for illegal intercourse], but be says: ‘I fear Allah’;
    6. a man who gives in charity and hides it, such that his justify hand does not know what his right hand gives in charity;
    7. and a man who remembered Allah in private and so his eyes shed tears.

    [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

  14. #11
    taha_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    394
    Threads
    32
    Reputation
    547
    Rep Power
    3
    Likes (Given)
    4
    Likes (Received)
    122

    Re: Isra and miraj

    Quote Originally Posted by HabibUrrehman View Post
    JazakAllah khair Brother! I love you for the sake of Allah.

    Not related to the topic but I think I should share this hadith:

    Assalam o alaikum rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

    May the one for Whose sake you love me also love you

    May Allah grant us His shade in day of Judgment ameen

    JazakAllah khair

  15. #12
    Mountains's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    26
    Threads
    2
    Reputation
    17
    Rep Power
    2
    Likes (Given)
    9
    Likes (Received)
    9

    Re: Isra and miraj

    Quote Originally Posted by HabibUrrehman View Post




    That is right. Prophet Muhammad PBUH was as close to Allah as any creation can be before the day of Judgement. Inshallah those in Jannah al firdous will get to see Allah every morning and evening and may Allah make us among those. Ameen!

    Now whether Prophet Muhammad PBUH saw Allah SWT or not is a matter of dispute among scholars. Majority of the scholars believe that Prophet Muhammad PBUH felt the presence of Allah but he did not see Him & Allah knows the best.
    He spoke to him and got the 5 daily prayers. there was a veil of light between them but he spoke with him directly in that night

    - - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by Muhammad; 12-06-2019 at 02:11 PM. Reason: removed the link as it has no references - there are better links that cite the incident with references


  16. Hide
Hey there! Isra and miraj Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Isra and miraj
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. The Miracle of Al-Isra & Al-Miraj
    By Intisar in forum General
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-15-2018, 05:59 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-30-2012, 04:48 PM
  3. Rajab-Isra & Miraj
    By Al-Wasia in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-14-2012, 02:50 AM
  4. Al-isra (isra', the night journey, children of israel)
    By Watcher888 in forum Clarifications about Islam
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-20-2010, 07:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
create