× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Results 21 to 30 of 30 visibility 805
  1. #1
    Array medico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    231
    Threads
    31
    Reputation
    1204
    Rep Power
    3

    People who believe in innovations....? (OP)


    Assalamualaikum. My relatives believe that we can read quran for dead. Relatives, in the sense ,my maternal uncles and aunts etc. Mum used to believe it as well but i told her about it, i dont let her recite quran for her father(who has died). Yesterday, my aunt called my mum saying we have to complete one more quran blah blah blah. So mum gave me the phone and i tried to explain her that it doesn't have any basis in sunnah. But of course, she wasn't ready to be convinced. And she (my aunt) circulated this thing to all my relatives. Seriously!!. Now they are sending the fatwas etc. in the family group texting ''''''for those who are having doubts regarding esale sawab''''whatever. And i guess, they are deliberately telling their progress in the group "I have done this juz, that juz". My mum doesn't check the group so she doesn't know but i fear,if i tell her, she will get extremely angry at them. Idk what to do. I told them that we can make dua, give charity or make up their left fasts but they are stubborn. They were grown up knowing this so it will take time for them to understand. However i am sure that reading quran for dead is bidah and is not accepted. It's like they have become my enemies in a moment.

  2. #21
    Ümit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    826
    Threads
    9
    Reputation
    3567
    Rep Power
    19
    Likes (Given)
    220
    Likes (Received)
    527

    Re: People who believe in innovations....?

    Report bad ads?

    Quote Originally Posted by 'Abdullah View Post
    The Hadith I mentioned is in Sahih Bukhari and I don’t question its authenticity. So if a Hadith is authentic, I follow whatever it says. Now if you say one can pray missed prayers of a diseased person then one need to provide an evidence from Quran and Sunnah to make such a claim. Where is the evidence?
    Anyways I am not here to debate, you can follow whatever seems right to you.
    Ma’aSalaam
    I am sorry...I am not trying to argue with you...but I think I have not found the right answer yet.
    the difference between the missed prayers and reading quraan is that missed prayers are fard to everyone...you cannot offer missed prayers for a living person either...but you can recite Quraan for a living person...so that example does not apply in this situation.

  3. Report bad ads?
  4. #22
    'Abdullah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,679
    Threads
    54
    Reputation
    2285
    Rep Power
    10
    Likes (Given)
    240
    Likes (Received)
    581

    Re: People who believe in innovations....?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ümit View Post
    so the first definition does not apply in this situation.

    the second definition...I am not sure...we have only weak hadeeths...one saheeh hadeeth is the one you provided about charity...so the question is whether reading Quraan can be seen as a form of charity...
    That’s not the right question. Right question is did prophet (peace be upon him) and his companions did such a thing. If they did not then the confusion should be over.

    Also if you go back to the Hadith I previously quoted, you will see that companions understood charity in this regard as spending money to benefit the people/ community and hoping the reward of that goes to the deceased person. And that’s also the understanding of all Muslim scholars.

    Narrated Ibn `Abbas:
    The mother of Sa`d bin 'Ubada died in his absence. He said, "O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)! My mother died in my absence; will it be of any benefit for her if I give Sadaqa on her behalf?" The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Yes," Sa`d said, "I make you a witness that I gave my garden called Al Makhraf in charity on her behalf."
    Last edited by 'Abdullah; 1 Week Ago at 08:02 AM.

  5. #23
    Ümit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    826
    Threads
    9
    Reputation
    3567
    Rep Power
    19
    Likes (Given)
    220
    Likes (Received)
    527

    Re: People who believe in innovations....?

    Quote Originally Posted by 'Abdullah View Post
    That’s not the right question. Right question is did prophet (peace be upon him) and his companions did such a thing. If they did not then the confusion should be over.
    it seems that there are only weak hadeeths about that...so is the confusion over?
    can that be a reason enough to call it bidaah?

    - - - Updated - - -

    there is a saheeh hadeeth that says that the act of claiming things are haraam which are not is haraam.
    so I would be careful to call this bidaah.

  6. #24
    Ümit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    826
    Threads
    9
    Reputation
    3567
    Rep Power
    19
    Likes (Given)
    220
    Likes (Received)
    527

    Re: People who believe in innovations....?

    I am sorry...I am not arguing for the sake of arguing...
    please do not be agitated. I just try to understand.

    but am I saying something stupid? If I am then please correct me.

  7. Report bad ads?
  8. #25
    'Abdullah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,679
    Threads
    54
    Reputation
    2285
    Rep Power
    10
    Likes (Given)
    240
    Likes (Received)
    581

    Re: People who believe in innovations....?

    Allahu musta’an

  9. #26
    'Abdullah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,679
    Threads
    54
    Reputation
    2285
    Rep Power
    10
    Likes (Given)
    240
    Likes (Received)
    581

    Re: People who believe in innovations....?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ümit View Post
    it seems that there are only weak hadeeths about that...so is the confusion over?
    can that be a reason enough to call it bidaah?

    - - - Updated - - -

    there is a saheeh hadeeth that says that the act of claiming things are haraam which are not is haraam.
    so I would be careful to call this bidaah.
    Which weak Hadith you are talking about?
    And I am calling it biddah because it was not done by prophet ( peace be upon him) or his companions. If we start doing things with no foundation is our authentic sources then we will be no different from Jews and Christians.

  10. #27
    medico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    231
    Threads
    31
    Reputation
    1204
    Rep Power
    3
    Likes (Given)
    249
    Likes (Received)
    214

    Re: People who believe in innovations....?

    There's an example given by sheikh assim al hakeem. If we decide that we would pray the nafil salah all together. There's nothing wrong in it, in fact it's a good form of worship but what contradicts it is the fact that it was not a practice of prophet or any sahabah. Hence, it's bidah. If we ourselves introduce new forms of worship , that means prophet muhammad (peace be upon him) didn't convey the whole message hence we are having need to inroduce new things to make the full religion. (Naudhubillah). Whereas prophet(pbuh) taught us the whole religion. That's why nobody can introduce any kind of practise which isn't in hadith and quran.... That hadith"Read quran over your dead" isn't sahih and it's narrators aren't known, that's why we can't follow it.

  11. #28
    medico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    231
    Threads
    31
    Reputation
    1204
    Rep Power
    3
    Likes (Given)
    249
    Likes (Received)
    214

    Re: People who believe in innovations....?

    Now they are forcing my mother to read one or two juz. I have no idea what to do now? Should she read then? They are stubborn,they won't understand. Moreover they can start the argument is she doesn't read?

  12. #29
    'Abdullah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,679
    Threads
    54
    Reputation
    2285
    Rep Power
    10
    Likes (Given)
    240
    Likes (Received)
    581

    Re: People who believe in innovations....?

    Quote Originally Posted by medico View Post
    Now they are forcing my mother to read one or two juz. I have no idea what to do now? Should she read then? They are stubborn,they won't understand. Moreover they can start the argument is she doesn't read?
    If you believe this to be biddah then stand firm and say “NO.” They will be upset but would not bother you again In Sha’a Allah.
    | Likes medico liked this post

  13. Report bad ads?
  14. #30
    Desert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    401
    Threads
    58
    Reputation
    796
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    191
    Likes (Received)
    83

    Re: People who believe in innovations....?

    Have you ever heard the likes of Ayesha Siddque and the rest of the sahabah recite Quran for the dead or do rosary beads for zikr?.....
    I think this is common in bidah in every muslim home in Pakistan...


  15. Hide
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Hey there! People who believe in innovations....? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. People who believe in innovations....?
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Innovations
    By josein in forum Advice & Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-02-2008, 01:46 PM
  2. Innovations
    By josein in forum Worship in Islam
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-29-2008, 08:09 PM
  3. Dealing with the people of Innovations
    By Muhammad in forum Aqeedah
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-18-2007, 12:14 PM
  4. Towards the People of Innovations & Desires
    By tresbien in forum Aqeedah
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-17-2007, 09:15 PM
  5. Innovations (Bid'ah)
    By Halima in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-16-2005, 06:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
create