× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Hello everyone!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Hello everyone!

  1. #1
    Geoffrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Coeur d'Alene, Idaho USA
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    10
    Threads
    1
    Reputation
    7
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Hello everyone!

    Report bad ads?

    I hope I can find some good conversation and build friendships here.


    My religion is hard to nail down, so to speak. I have a Muslim friend on FB who calls me her friend who "doesn't know he's a Muslim".

    I consider myself Christian, but it's more complicated than that. While I was raised "judeo-christian" (my term for those who believe Jesus is a God and the "jews" we have today are the descendants of the Israelites of the Bible), and after a short stint as an atheist (thanks public schools), I now consider myself a "True Christian"; one who follows God's Law, believes in One God, knows who the real Israelites are, that Jesus is God's greatest prophet, and Muhammad is God's final prophet.


    I told you it's complicated.


    Geoffrey

  2. Report bad ads?
  3. #2
    Umm♥Layth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Starship Enterprise
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    409
    Threads
    6
    Reputation
    3650
    Rep Power
    6
    Likes (Given)
    197
    Likes (Received)
    647

    Re: Hello everyone!

    Welcome to the boards!

    Doesn't sound complicated at all actually!
    1 | Likes Geoffrey liked this post

  4. #3
    Bobbyflay23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    507
    Threads
    41
    Reputation
    1029
    Rep Power
    4
    Likes (Given)
    313
    Likes (Received)
    140

    Re: Hello everyone!

    Yea you are a Muslim you just sorta don't realize it the all you need to be a Muslim is know god is one and that Muhammad (saw) is he last messager Muslims are also Christians and also Jews btw because believe in both scriptures and messengers so yea we just believe the scriptures have been changed your not a true muslim in gods eyes until you read the shehada so I suggest reading it because you'll be the same faith you currently are only difference is god will accept you into heaven and it's only one sentence

  5. #4
    Geoffrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Coeur d'Alene, Idaho USA
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    10
    Threads
    1
    Reputation
    7
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Wink Re: Hello everyone!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyflay23 View Post
    Yea you are a Muslim you just sorta don't realize it the all you need to be a Muslim is know god is one and that Muhammad (saw) is he last messager Muslims are also Christians and also Jews btw because believe in both scriptures and messengers so yea we just believe the scriptures have been changed your not a true muslim in gods eyes until you read the shehada so I suggest reading it because you'll be the same faith you currently are only difference is god will accept you into heaven and it's only one sentence

    Ummm... Isn't that what I just did?

    Geoffrey

  6. Report bad ads?
  7. #5
    Geoffrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Coeur d'Alene, Idaho USA
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    10
    Threads
    1
    Reputation
    7
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Re: Hello everyone!

    Thank you very much!
    1 | Likes Umm Abed liked this post

  8. #6
    anatolian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Turkey
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,189
    Threads
    28
    Reputation
    4557
    Rep Power
    63
    Likes (Given)
    208
    Likes (Received)
    665

    Re: Hello everyone!

    Do you feel yourself Christian or Muslim? You cant be both.
    2 | Likes *charisma*, Umm Abed liked this post
    Hello everyone!

    You harvest what you sow.

  9. #7
    Bobbyflay23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    507
    Threads
    41
    Reputation
    1029
    Rep Power
    4
    Likes (Given)
    313
    Likes (Received)
    140

    Re: Hello everyone!

    Quote Originally Posted by anatolian View Post
    Do you feel yourself Christian or Muslim? You cant be both.
    Yes you can Muslims believe in Jesus Christ and the Bible and the Torah and Moses so by definition we are also Jews and Christians

  10. #8
    Bobbyflay23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    507
    Threads
    41
    Reputation
    1029
    Rep Power
    4
    Likes (Given)
    313
    Likes (Received)
    140

    Re: Hello everyone!

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey View Post
    Ummm... Isn't that what I just did?

    Geoffrey
    No because you basically said it's complicated and a few other things if it was the same as what I said then you wouldn't have said that u would have said I'm a Muslim and also you quoted your friend instead of saying I am a Muslim but I havnt token my shehada so that means that you don't believe your a Muslim but people say that you are and I'm just re assuring that you are a Muslim

  11. #9
    sister herb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    8,733
    Threads
    332
    Reputation
    53735
    Rep Power
    101
    Likes (Given)
    5824
    Likes (Received)
    6812

    Re: Hello everyone!

    Hello to you

    Welcome to forum. Muslim or Christian - you are welcomed anyways.
    Hello everyone!

    From Occupied Palestine:

    We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.




  12. Report bad ads?
  13. #10
    Geoffrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Coeur d'Alene, Idaho USA
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    10
    Threads
    1
    Reputation
    7
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Re: Hello everyone!

    Quote Originally Posted by sister herb View Post
    Hello to you

    Welcome to forum. Muslim or Christian - you are welcomed anyways.
    Thank you!

  14. #11
    Geoffrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Coeur d'Alene, Idaho USA
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    10
    Threads
    1
    Reputation
    7
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Re: Hello everyone!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyflay23 View Post
    Yes you can Muslims believe in Jesus Christ and the Bible and the Torah and Moses so by definition we are also Jews and Christians
    If you are a Christian or a Muslim, you are brothers in the faith. If you are "jewish" then you follow the Talmud over the Torah, which is not a holy book, but a satanic (satanists and wiccans even use the jewish kabbala for their holy book). If you are "judeo-christian" then you believe Jesus was a god and you worship the israeli state. Christians and Muslims are on one side (with God I believe), and "jews" and "judeo-christians" are on the other.

  15. #12
    Geoffrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Coeur d'Alene, Idaho USA
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    10
    Threads
    1
    Reputation
    7
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Re: Hello everyone!

    Quote Originally Posted by anatolian View Post
    Do you feel yourself Christian or Muslim? You cant be both.
    I think you are confusing Christian with "judeo-christian". I do not believe that Jesus was a god, or that the "jews" in the world today are the descendants of the Israelites of the Bible (their own writings admit this).

  16. #13
    Geoffrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Coeur d'Alene, Idaho USA
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    10
    Threads
    1
    Reputation
    7
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Re: Hello everyone!

    Because my words are not in the "correct" order?

  17. #14
    Geoffrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Coeur d'Alene, Idaho USA
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    10
    Threads
    1
    Reputation
    7
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Re: Hello everyone!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyflay23 View Post
    No because you basically said it's complicated and a few other things if it was the same as what I said then you wouldn't have said that u would have said I'm a Muslim and also you quoted your friend instead of saying I am a Muslim but I havnt token my shehada so that means that you don't believe your a Muslim but people say that you are and I'm just re assuring that you are a Muslim
    Because my words are not in the "correct" order?

  18. Report bad ads?
  19. #15
    Insaanah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    4,405
    Threads
    173
    Reputation
    151536
    Rep Power
    128
    Likes (Given)
    1142
    Likes (Received)
    3260

    Re: Hello everyone!

    Greetings Geoffrey, and welcome to the forum.

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey View Post
    and Muhammad is God's final prophet.
    The final scripture from God, the Qur'an, was revealed to the final prophet and messenger, may the peace, blessings and salutations of God be upon him. The Final Testament if you like, after the Old and the New. If you accept the final Prophet, are you prepared to follow the final scripture too, which is 100% the word of God, with not a single word from any man adulterating it, which supersedes the previous scriptures, while being a continuation, confirmation and culmination of the original message contained within them, in its last and final form?

    Peace.
    Last edited by Insaanah; 05-23-2017 at 09:25 PM.
    Hello everyone!

    (Click on the pink)


    Stunningly beautiful adhaan from the Dome of the Rock in Masjid ul Aqsa
    Download (right click and choose "save target/link as").


    This is a clear message for mankind in order that they may be warned thereby, and that they may know that He is only One God, and that those of understanding may take heed (14:52)


    Indeed Allah knows, and you know not (16: 74, part)

  20. #16
    muslimah.reborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    3
    Threads
    1
    Reputation
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Hello everyone!

    Hello!

    It is completely fine to feel as if it is complicated. More importantly, you are one step closer to find the way to absolute truth. Keep renewing your perspective and belief!

    Even I myself, born as Muslimah, but in the past, my deen was not very stable.

    Final word: In business of world, we need to embrace changes, in business with God (Allah), renewal is compulsory ☺

  21. #17
    talibilm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    726
    Threads
    21
    Reputation
    3424
    Rep Power
    11
    Likes (Given)
    523
    Likes (Received)
    511

    Re: Hello everyone!

    Peace & greetings to those who seek guidance

    Welcome.

    If you are searching to find your Creator , you are on the step to the right path.

    Even Myself a Born Muslim from an orthodox Family did my own research of religions, while I was a Lad, just to get AFFIRMED myself, Am I following the right path to My Creator ?? And a million Thanks to My Creator, he had made me born in the Right Religion which is the religion of our First parents Adam & Eve and its been going on from since then Allah sent Prophets to every nation in their own language when they got misguided and was the final law of Allah untill the last days of this world was full filled through the last Prophet Muhammad .

    So do your research as Allah wants us to ponder on his Creations and this Noble Quran to know him. Try you will succeed is what your Creator says here http://legacy.quran.com/53/38-41


    Ask your questions of Doubts even if it were blasphemous to Islam.

    We humans are from one parents and so is our Creator , The Only One. One is the truth and all others are lies or Misguided is what i found.
    Last edited by talibilm; 05-26-2017 at 04:29 AM.

  22. #18
    fromelsewhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Posts
    199
    Threads
    11
    Reputation
    255
    Rep Power
    5
    Likes (Given)
    111
    Likes (Received)
    87

    Re: Hello everyone!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyflay23 View Post
    Yes you can Muslims believe in Jesus Christ and the Bible and the Torah and Moses so by definition we are also Jews and Christians
    That's not what I learned. I learned that the Torah and Gospel were subjected to distortion and changes. Therefore, it is prohibited to study them!

  23. #19
    Bobbyflay23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    507
    Threads
    41
    Reputation
    1029
    Rep Power
    4
    Likes (Given)
    313
    Likes (Received)
    140

    Re: Hello everyone!

    Quote Originally Posted by fromelsewhere View Post
    That's not what I learned. I learned that the Torah and Gospel were subjected to distortion and changes. Therefore, it is prohibited to study them!
    That's not true they have definitely be changed but we don't deny them completely because to deny any Torah is like denying the old Torah if I'm correct it definitely has been changed and also no it's not haram to study but I think it's only for people who have became a hafiz in the Quran to study because it's not really worth it to study the Bible or Torah unless for dawah purposes but it's not haram to study it's just haram tobbelieve everything in there if IT coincides with the Quran then of course it's halal to believe there's a difference bettween completely throwing away a book and saying there's some truth in there still like how there's discription of paradise in there that are the exact same in the Quran and stuff like that there's still a decent amount of truth but still many lies

  24. Report bad ads?
  25. #20
    Bobbyflay23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    507
    Threads
    41
    Reputation
    1029
    Rep Power
    4
    Likes (Given)
    313
    Likes (Received)
    140

    Re: Hello everyone!

    Quote Originally Posted by fromelsewhere View Post
    That's not what I learned. I learned that the Torah and Gospel were subjected to distortion and changes. Therefore, it is prohibited to study them!
    And think about it if it's prohibited to study it that's legit like saying no more dawah to Christians because somtimes you need to prove there's contradictions and also dr zakir naik has parts of it memorized and even many scholars they're studying it don't hold the attitude of the Other faiths to the other books be real where allowed to study just not believe just like how somtimes we will sit there and in class they make us read a article about somthing haram we are allowed to read it just not commit or look or do the haram or even imagine if it's zina so we look at it from the outside view and you need the right intension and reading books of other faiths ( I havnt done this so I wouldn't know) but according to other scholars it really increases there faith because they look st it and think wow I never really thought thatbhard about it there's no other book like the Quran like look right here they are indirectly calling Moses (as) a bad prophet and the the Quran in a similar part tells the real story and shows that the prophet did dmnothing wrong or for example how ittl say in some parts of the Bible like in the book of detromony if your wife grabs your testicals you have the right to cut off her hand obviously god never said that because that's not = and god is all just and fair but you see things like this just make you feel even stronger that the opposing religion is not the truth

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Hey there! Hello everyone! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Hello everyone!
Sign Up

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •