× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    RonJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    17
    Threads
    2
    Reputation
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    As-salamu alaykum

    Report bad ads?

    Hi all. I joined this forum in hopes of learning more about Islam and to engage in discussions with Muslims toward the same goal. I hope everyone can be patient with me.

  2. Report bad ads?
  3. #2
    taha_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    201
    Threads
    23
    Reputation
    350
    Rep Power
    2
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    97

    Re: As-salamu alaykum

    Hello

    Welcome to the forum, i hope you are doing good. How are you? Do you plan to convert to Islam?

  4. #3
    Iceee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    959
    Threads
    73
    Reputation
    3672
    Rep Power
    44
    Likes (Given)
    179
    Likes (Received)
    318

    Re: As-salamu alaykum

    Salaam / Peace Be Upon You Brother RonJohnson,

    Welcome to our forums!

    We will definitely be patient with you!

  5. #4
    HabibUrrehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    CA
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    456
    Threads
    22
    Reputation
    737
    Rep Power
    3
    Likes (Given)
    146
    Likes (Received)
    179

    Re: As-salamu alaykum

    Quote Originally Posted by RonJohnson View Post
    Hi all. I joined this forum in hopes of learning more about Islam and to engage in discussions with Muslims toward the same goal. I hope everyone can be patient with me.
    Greetings and welcome Mr. Johnson,

    Hope you are doing well. You took a great step by joining this forum to learn about Islam. We understand that you are coming from a different background and may have different point of view than ours. With that said, we will respect your opinion, be patient and represent to you Islamic point of view of anything you may ask. We ask you to be patient as well, keep an open mind and put aside any biases you may have if you are honestly looking to find the truth. I am looking forward to your questions for a healthy and productive discussions.

    All the best,
    Habib

  6. Report bad ads?
  7. #5
    RonJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    17
    Threads
    2
    Reputation
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: As-salamu alaykum

    Quote Originally Posted by taha_ View Post
    Hello

    Welcome to the forum, i hope you are doing good. How are you? Do you plan to convert to Islam?
    Thank you! Only if your make a convincing case for Islam.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Iceee View Post
    Salaam / Peace Be Upon You Brother RonJohnson,

    Welcome to our forums!

    We will definitely be patient with you!
    Thank you!

  8. #6
    RonJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    17
    Threads
    2
    Reputation
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: As-salamu alaykum

    Quote Originally Posted by HabibUrrehman View Post
    Greetings and welcome Mr. Johnson,

    Hope you are doing well. You took a great step by joining this forum to learn about Islam. We understand that you are coming from a different background and may have different point of view than ours. With that said, we will respect your opinion, be patient and represent to you Islamic point of view of anything you may ask. We ask you to be patient as well, keep an open mind and put aside any biases you may have if you are honestly looking to find the truth. I am looking forward to your questions for a healthy and productive discussions.

    All the best,
    Habib
    Thank you Habib! I will do my best to set my biases (though not opinions!) aside and pray that the folks in here can do so as well! As a Christian I can only honestly look to find the truth because Jesus IS truth.
    Last edited by *charisma*; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:23 PM. Reason: link removed

  9. #7
    *charisma*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I am a traveler, May Jannah be my home ameen
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    4,730
    Threads
    193
    Reputation
    49974
    Rep Power
    118
    Likes (Given)
    1243
    Likes (Received)
    2816

    Re: As-salamu alaykum

    Hello Ron,

    Thanks for joining the forum.

    Just to make you aware, missionary posts (posts promoting any religion other than Islam) are not allowed and may even get you banned. If you are here to make a sincere attempt to understand Islam, then discussions are welcomed. Any intention or hidden agendas to do otherwise will not be accepted.

    Enjoy your stay.
    | Likes Ahmed. liked this post
    As-salamu alaykum

    D e a t h

    is the easiest
    of all things after it
    ; ;

    the hardest
    of all things before it

  10. #8
    RonJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    17
    Threads
    2
    Reputation
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: As-salamu alaykum

    Thank you charisma. I guess I missed that rule (or maybe am still a little unclear about what "missionary post" means). I'm guessing that doesn't apply to simply replying to someone who posts a post on the Bible?
    Also I don't think there is a way for me to edit my posts, is there?
    I noticed that several of my posts are awaiting moderation and I am now wondering if this is why, though it wouldn't apply to all those that are in limbo. Thank you.
    Ron

  11. #9
    Mountains's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    29
    Threads
    2
    Reputation
    16
    Rep Power
    1
    Likes (Given)
    9
    Likes (Received)
    8

    Re: As-salamu alaykum

    ASC folks. I am also new here. Just wanted to greet you sincerely brothers and sisters. Hope I can learn something from you


  12. Hide
Hey there! As-salamu alaykum Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. As-salamu alaykum
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. As-salamu alaykum
    By NKSM in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-07-2015, 08:00 AM
  2. As-salamu alaykum!
    By Joshinda26 in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-27-2013, 09:11 AM
  3. salamu alaykum
    By natasha786 in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-01-2006, 08:21 AM
  4. as salamu alaykum
    By aMystery in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-31-2005, 03:50 PM
  5. As-sâlamu 'alaykum (New in here)
    By SalihaMuslima in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-23-2005, 03:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
create