× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Modesty

  1. #1
    Ummu Sufyaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    rock bottom
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    7,926
    Threads
    817
    Reputation
    56377
    Rep Power
    115
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    32

    Modesty

    Report bad ads?



    Modesty
    A Muslim is modestly shy, for modesty is one of the characteristics of a Muslim, since it is part of faith, and faith is the Muslims creed and the foundation of his life, The Messenger, sallalahu aleyhi wa sallam:

    الايمان بضع وسبعون، أو بضع وستون شعبة، فأفضلها لا اله الا الله، وأدناها اماطة الأذى عن الطريق، والحياء شعبة من الايمان

    “Faith has over sixty or seventy branches. The highest of which is La ilaaha illah llaah, and the lowest of it is removing something harmful from the way. And modesty is a brach of faith.” (al-Bukhari adn Muslim)
    He, sallalahu aleyhi wa sallam said:

    الحياء والايمان قرناء جميعا، فاذا رفغ أحدهما رفع الاخؤ
    “Modesty and faith are companions; if one of them is removed the other is removed.” (Al-Hakim who said it is sahih according to the criteria of Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

    The secret to understanding how modesty is part of faith is to know that both of them encourage good and discourage one from evil. Faith commissions the believer to act obediently and avoid acts of disobedience, while modesty prevents one from a lack of gratitude for his blessings, from neglecting to fulfill the rights of others, and from the foul deeds or speech, thereby protecting him against blameworthy behaviour.

    In this way modesty us good, and it will not exist without resulting in some good, as made clear by Allahs Messenger sallalahu aleyhi wa sallam when he said:

    الحياء لا يأتي الا بخير
    “Modesty does not bring anything except good.”(al-Bukhari and Muslim)

    In another version related by Muslim:
    الحياء خير كله
    “Modesty is all good.”

    The opposite of the modesty is obscenity. Obscenity refers to filthy sayings and actions and repugnant talk. The Muslim is not obscene or vulgar, since these are characteristics of the people of the Fire, and-if Allah wills-the Muslim is one of the people of paradise. So repugnance and obscenity are not part of his behaviour. Testifying to this is the saying of the Messenger sallalahu aleyhi wa sallam,

    الحياء من الايمان، والايمان في الجنة، والبذاء من الجفاء، والجفاء في النار
    “Modesty is part of faith and faith leads to Paradise. Obscenity is part of indecency and indecency leads to the Fire.” (Imam Ahmad with a Sahih chain)

    For this virtuous behavior, the Muslim has the Messenger of Allah, the master of humanity as an example, for he was more modest than a secluded virgin as recorded by al-Bukhari from Abu Sa’id who said, “If he saw something he disliked, we would recognize that on his face.”
    Since the Muslim invites and encourages people to the preservation of what is good, then he only calls them to what is good and guides then to what is righteous, since modesty is part of faith and faith is the embodiment of every virtue, and the basis of every good. In the sahih, it is recorded that Allah’s Messenger sallalahu aleyhi wa sallam passed by a man who was criticising his brother for his modesty, so he sallalahu aleyhi wa sallam, said:

    دعه فان الحياء من الايمان
    “Leave him alone, for modesty is a part of faith.” (Agreed upon)

    So by this, he sallalahu aleyhi wa sallam encouraged the Muslim to remain being modest and he prohibited them from neglecting it, even if that leads to one not getting his right. For a person missing some right of his is better for him than forsaking modesty which is part of faith and distinguishing characteristics of goodness.

    May Allah grant mercy upon a woman, who was searching for her lost son, so she stopped to ask some people about him. One of them said, “She asks about her son while covering her face” she heard him and replied, “O man! Loss of my son is better than loss of my modesty.” (Agreed upon).

    The quality of modesty does not prevent a Muslim from saying the truth, seeking knowledge or commanding good and forbidding evil.
    Once, Usamah bin Zayd, the beloved to Allah’s Messenger sallalahu aleyhi wa sallam interceded with him. Yet his modesty did not prevent Allahs messenger sallalahu aleyhi wa sallam from saying:

    أتشفع في حد من حدود الله أسامة، والله لو سرقت فلانة لقطعت بدها
    “O Usamah! Do you intercede when one of the legal punishments ordained by Allah has been violated? By Allah, were so-and-so to commit theft, I would cut off her hand.”

    Modesty did not prevent Umm Sulaym al-Ansaari from saying to Allah’s messenger, sallalahu aleyhi wa sallam, “Allah is certainly not shy of telling. It is necessary for a woman to take a bath after she has a wet dream?” Modesty did not prevent the Prophet, sallalahu aleyhi wa sallam, from responding:

    نعم اذا رأت الماء
    “Yes, if she notices discharge.”

    ‘Umar delivered a sermon in which he criticized the heightened price of the dower. Thereupon a woman responded him saying: “Are you going to prevent something Allah has granted us, O ‘Umar? Is not there the statement of Allah:

    وءاتيتم احدىهن قنطارا فلا تأخذوا منه شيئا
    “And you have given one of them a whole treasure for dower, take not the least of it back.” (4:20)
    Therefore, modesty did not prevent her from defending the legitimate rights of women. Similarly, modesty did not prevent ‘Umar from apologizing publicly by saying: “O ‘Umar! All the people have a better understanding than you!”

    On another occasion, ‘Umar was wearing two garments and delivering a sermon to the Muslims in which he commanded listening and obeying. One of the Muslims defied and remarked, “No listening, and no obedience, because you own two pieces of clothing, while we have only one.” ‘Umar shouted in a loud voice, “O ‘Abduallah bin ‘Umar!” So his son responded to him “Here I am father.” He said, “I beseech you by Allah, is not one of these garments one that you have given me?” He said, “Yes by Allah!” So the Man reciprocated, “Now, we can listen and can obey you, O ‘Umar.”
    So look at how modesty did not prevent this man from speaking out, nor form ‘Umar explaining as he did.

    The Muslim is modest with every creature, so he does not expose the faults of others, nor neglect their rights, nor deny helping then in good, nor address them with bad speech, nor answer them with evil.
    He is modest with the creator, he does not neglect obeying Him, nor is he negligent in showing his gratitude for His favours, since he knows that He alone has control and complete knowledge over him.

    Similarly Ibn Mas’ud said, “Show modesty before Allah as is His due. Preserve the head and what it contains, and the stomach and what it contains. And remember death and the trials.” Allah’s Messenger sallalahu aleyhi wa sallam said:

    فالله أحق أن يستحيى منه من الناس

    “Allah is more deserving of being shown modesty than others.” (Related by al-Bukhari)


    Taken from: Minhaj ul-Muslim, By sheikh Abu Bakr Jaabir al-Jazaa’iry.
    Modesty

    ...desperate for husnul-khitaam...


    please make dua that Allah grants me a good end (to my life). please make dua that Allah guides me.


  2. Report bad ads?
  3. #2
    'Abd-al Latif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    3,593
    Threads
    344
    Reputation
    39238
    Rep Power
    97
    Likes (Given)
    498
    Likes (Received)
    1730

    Re: Modesty



    Thread Approved. The book you took this from is an excellent book.
    Modesty

    And verily for everything that a slave loses there is a substitute, but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him.”
    [Related by Ibn al-Qayyim in ad-Dâ' wad-Dawâ Fasl 49]



  4. #3
    Ummu Sufyaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    rock bottom
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    7,926
    Threads
    817
    Reputation
    56377
    Rep Power
    115
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    32

    Re: Modesty


    *bump...
    Modesty

    ...desperate for husnul-khitaam...


    please make dua that Allah grants me a good end (to my life). please make dua that Allah guides me.


  5. #4
    Caller الداعي's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    west midlands
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    895
    Threads
    34
    Reputation
    10232
    Rep Power
    84
    Likes (Given)
    17
    Likes (Received)
    20

    Re: Modesty

    mashala nice article sis
    Modesty



    IB Arabic Writing Contest prize signature !! !!

  6. Report bad ads?
  7. #5
    Duhaa786M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Africa
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    109
    Threads
    16
    Reputation
    915
    Rep Power
    62
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Modesty

    yes very good masha-allah. I can't stand immodest guys.

  8. #6
    glo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    8,472
    Threads
    395
    Reputation
    61734
    Rep Power
    120
    Likes (Given)
    1366
    Likes (Received)
    1512

    Measure of Modesty

    I was planning to start a new thread on this, but then I found this existing thread ... if my post is not in the right section, or if it is considered to take the thread off topic, can mods please put it in the appropriate place.

    I was wondering about modesty, and whether there are 'measures' or 'levels' of modesty.

    Personally, I consider modesty to be an intrinsic attitude (i.e. behaving with modesty and humility), rather than an external sign ... although it may well manifest itself externally (i.e dressing modestly).

    Consider this scenario: two women dressed in shorts and tight short-sleeved tops.
    Both are showing the same amount of their bodies.
    One is dancing provocatively in a nightclub; the other is an athlete competing in a race.
    One is actively showing off her body; the other is wearing what's appropriate and comfortable for her running.
    One has an immodest attitude, wanting to draw attention to her body; the other doesn't.

    Now, I know that most Muslims will say that the athlete should still dress Islamically, and that there is appropriate clothing to wear for running, which does not break the Islamic dress code.
    I accept that.

    What I am really trying to find out is whether Islamically there is a difference in the immodesty those two women are displaying, or whether there sin is equally severe because they are showing the same amount of their bodies.
    Will they be judged the same??


    Does that make sense?
    Do you have any thoughts and comments?
    Modesty

    Peace
    glo

    Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

    Come, let us worship and bow down •
    and kneel before the Lord our Maker

    [Psalm 95]


  9. #7
    zakirs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,102
    Threads
    28
    Reputation
    6832
    Rep Power
    66
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    5

    Re: Measure of Modesty

    sis although iam not an expert i can tell something..

    what ever reason may be ( behind the dress) it will provocate same feelings in the minds of opposite sex.which itself is main reason for dressing properly.

    somebody please correct me if i am wrong


  10. #8
    glo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    8,472
    Threads
    395
    Reputation
    61734
    Rep Power
    120
    Likes (Given)
    1366
    Likes (Received)
    1512

    Re: Measure of Modesty

    Quote Originally Posted by zakirs View Post
    sis although iam not an expert i can tell something..

    what ever reason may be ( behind the dress) it will provocate same feelings in the minds of opposite sex.which itself is main reason for dressing properly.

    somebody please correct me if i am wrong

    So both women would behave equally sinful, and their punishment would be the same?
    Does intention matter in this case?
    Modesty

    Peace
    glo

    Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

    Come, let us worship and bow down •
    and kneel before the Lord our Maker

    [Psalm 95]


  11. #9
    zakirs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,102
    Threads
    28
    Reputation
    6832
    Rep Power
    66
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    5

    Re: Measure of Modesty

    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    So both women would behave equally sinful, and their punishment would be the same?
    Does intention matter in this case?
    I am not knowledgeable to such extent sis sorry need to read more .. can some body else throw some light please ?

    Well i am not sure may be there might be difference in their magnitude of sins ( again i stress that i am not sure )

    :sl
    Modesty

    ______


  12. Report bad ads?
  13. #10
    Ramisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Posts
    84
    Threads
    4
    Reputation
    666
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Modesty

    Glo.

    Intention is all that matters in the eyes of Allah. The punishment will not be equal,the female dancing will have to suffer more than what the female that was running with inappropiate clothes will. That is because that Muslim Female(that is running) will have no other option if she wants to run,and people do not come in the stadium to view nudity, that will be the intention of the people in the night club. However the female dancing to pleasure people other than Allah will suffer far more because she has the option not to dance and show skin.

    Hope that clears up a bit. Here is an example: A female praying to Allah to please others will not be accepted while the female who is praying to praise Allah will. Insha'Allah any other questions,you may ask and I will do my best to answer. Allah knows the best.

  14. #11
    glo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    8,472
    Threads
    395
    Reputation
    61734
    Rep Power
    120
    Likes (Given)
    1366
    Likes (Received)
    1512

    Re: Modesty

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramisa View Post
    Glo.

    Intention is all that matters in the eyes of Allah. The punishment will not be equal,the female dancing will have to suffer more than what the female that was running with inappropiate clothes will. That is because that Muslim Female(that is running) will have no other option if she wants to run,and people do not come in the stadium to view nudity, that will be the intention of the people in the night club. However the female dancing to pleasure people other than Allah will suffer far more because she has the option not to dance and show skin.

    Hope that clears up a bit. Here is an example: A female praying to Allah to please others will not be accepted while the female who is praying to praise Allah will. Insha'Allah any other questions,you may ask and I will do my best to answer. Allah knows the best.
    Thank you for your reply, Ramisa.

    What you say makes sense to me, but you seem to be the first one so far who clearly expresses that the intention is of greater importance than the wrongness of the deed.

    Would I be able to find any scholarly guidance on this?

    Salaam
    Modesty

    Peace
    glo

    Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

    Come, let us worship and bow down •
    and kneel before the Lord our Maker

    [Psalm 95]


  15. #12
    rk9414's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Posts
    65
    Threads
    2
    Reputation
    515
    Rep Power
    63
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Re: Measure of Modesty

    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Does intention matter in this case?
    One of the most famous hadith's:

    I heard the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, say:

    "Actions are (judged) by motives (niyyah), so each man will have what he intended. Thus, he whose migration (hijrah) was to Allah and His Messenger, his migration is to Allah and His Messenger; but he whose migration was for some worldly thing he might gain, or for a wife he might marry, his migration is to that for which he migrated."

  16. #13
    rpwelton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    404
    Threads
    31
    Reputation
    3397
    Rep Power
    69
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Modesty

    edit
    Last edited by rpwelton; 08-20-2009 at 09:49 PM.

  17. #14
    'Abd-al Latif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    3,593
    Threads
    344
    Reputation
    39238
    Rep Power
    97
    Likes (Given)
    498
    Likes (Received)
    1730

    Re: Measure of Modesty

    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    I was planning to start a new thread on this, but then I found this existing thread ... if my post is not in the right section, or if it is considered to take the thread off topic, can mods please put it in the appropriate place.

    I was wondering about modesty, and whether there are 'measures' or 'levels' of modesty.

    Personally, I consider modesty to be an intrinsic attitude (i.e. behaving with modesty and humility), rather than an external sign ... although it may well manifest itself externally (i.e dressing modestly).

    Consider this scenario: two women dressed in shorts and tight short-sleeved tops.
    Both are showing the same amount of their bodies.
    One is dancing provocatively in a nightclub; the other is an athlete competing in a race.
    One is actively showing off her body; the other is wearing what's appropriate and comfortable for her running.
    One has an immodest attitude, wanting to draw attention to her body; the other doesn't.

    Now, I know that most Muslims will say that the athlete should still dress Islamically, and that there is appropriate clothing to wear for running, which does not break the Islamic dress code.
    I accept that.

    What I am really trying to find out is whether Islamically there is a difference in the immodesty those two women are displaying, or whether there sin is equally severe because they are showing the same amount of their bodies.
    Will they be judged the same??


    Does that make sense?
    Do you have any thoughts and comments?
    The Prophet () is recorded to have said in Bukhari and Muslim "Verily, there is in the body a piece of flesh, that if it is correct, the rest of the body will become correct due to it, and if it is corrupt, then the rest of the body will be corrupt due to it. Verily, it is the heart"

    And the Companion - the greatest narrator of hadeeth among the companions of the Messenger of Allah - Abu Hurairah said; "The heart is the kind and the body part are its soldiers. So if the kind does good, then the soldiers will do good. And if the king does wickedness, then the soldiers will do wickedness. And if the king does good, then the soldiers will do good."

    From this hadeeth it is clear that every good action must first start from a clean and pure intention of the heart. If the heart has a clean and pure intention then this will result in the outer self of a person following in the same steps. With modesty comes everything good and those men and women who are known to be modest in their nature would not normally be seen wearing revealing clothes in any way or form.

    The scenario of the two women that you have described, both are sinful but one is more sinful then the other. The woman in the nightclub may have intentions of inciting men to commit adultry or fornication with her while the athlete, though she will still be sinful because her body is revealed to someone other then her husband she may not be as sinful as the first woman.

    Both will be sinful but in the case of adultry or fornication the crime is greater then the latter.

    And Allah knows best.
    Last edited by 'Abd-al Latif; 08-20-2009 at 10:15 PM.
    Modesty

    And verily for everything that a slave loses there is a substitute, but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him.”
    [Related by Ibn al-Qayyim in ad-Dâ' wad-Dawâ Fasl 49]



  18. Report bad ads?
  19. #15
    glo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    8,472
    Threads
    395
    Reputation
    61734
    Rep Power
    120
    Likes (Given)
    1366
    Likes (Received)
    1512

    Re: Measure of Modesty

    Quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif View Post
    From this hadeeth it is clear that every good action must first start from a clean and pure intention of the heart. If the heart has a clean and pure intention then this will result in the outer self of a person following in the same steps. With modesty comes everything good and those men and women who are known to be modest in their nature would not normally be seen wearing revealing clothes in any way or form.

    The scenario of the two women that you have described, both are sinful but one is more sinful then the other. The woman in the nightclub may have intentions of inciting men to commit adultry or fornication with her while the athlete, though she will still be sinful because her body is revealed to someone other then her husband she may not be as sinful as the first woman.

    Both will be sinful but in the case of adultry or fornication the crime is greater then the latter.

    And Allah knows best.
    Thank you for your reply, 'Abd-al Latif.

    I agree with what you say.
    However, people outside the teachings of Islam may have a different concept or interpretation of 'modesty'.

    Let me think of an extreme example, say certain African tribes who walk around near-naked.
    Can they be considered modest?
    It makes me wonder whether people have a 'natural God-given desire' to cover themselves, or whether those things are taught by parents and society?
    If everybody you know walks around near-naked, can you possible grow up to think it is wrong?
    Modesty

    Peace
    glo

    Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

    Come, let us worship and bow down •
    and kneel before the Lord our Maker

    [Psalm 95]


  20. #16
    Ummu Sufyaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    rock bottom
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    7,926
    Threads
    817
    Reputation
    56377
    Rep Power
    115
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    32

    Re: Modesty

    It makes me wonder whether people have a 'natural God-given desire' to cover themselves, or whether those things are taught by parents and society?
    as mentioned above, it looks like its a god-given desire...

    If everybody you know walks around near-naked, can you possible grow up to think it is wrong?
    of course, if one is to grow up following Islam or perhaps even a set of rules which outline how ones dress code should be...
    Modesty

    ...desperate for husnul-khitaam...


    please make dua that Allah grants me a good end (to my life). please make dua that Allah guides me.


  21. #17
    glo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    8,472
    Threads
    395
    Reputation
    61734
    Rep Power
    120
    Likes (Given)
    1366
    Likes (Received)
    1512

    Re: Modesty

    Quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed View Post
    as mentioned above, it looks like its a god-given desire...


    of course, if one is to grow up following Islam or perhaps even a set of rules which outline how ones dress code should be...
    Greetings Um ul-Shaheed

    That makes sense for people having grown up with Islamic or similar rulings.
    But my point was this:

    However, people outside the teachings of Islam may have a different concept or interpretation of 'modesty'.
    What about my example of the African tribe?
    Walking around uncovered for them is a) practical and b) natural.
    My question is would a child growing up in that culture have any sense of being naked being wrong or sinful? Would a child growing up in that culture develop a desire to cover up?
    Modesty

    Peace
    glo

    Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

    Come, let us worship and bow down •
    and kneel before the Lord our Maker

    [Psalm 95]


  22. #18
    zakirs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,102
    Threads
    28
    Reputation
    6832
    Rep Power
    66
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    5

    Re: Modesty

    Sis if a person dies doing good without having the chance of hearing about islam then he will be not punished.

    It would be interesting if somebody introduces islam to them : )
    Modesty

    ______


  23. #19
    'Abd-al Latif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    3,593
    Threads
    344
    Reputation
    39238
    Rep Power
    97
    Likes (Given)
    498
    Likes (Received)
    1730

    Re: Measure of Modesty

    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Thank you for your reply, 'Abd-al Latif.

    I agree with what you say.
    However, people outside the teachings of Islam may have a different concept or interpretation of 'modesty'.

    Let me think of an extreme example, say certain African tribes who walk around near-naked.
    Can they be considered modest?
    It makes me wonder whether people have a 'natural God-given desire' to cover themselves, or whether those things are taught by parents and society?
    If everybody you know walks around near-naked, can you possible grow up to think it is wrong?
    The meaning of modesty according to dictionary.com is:

    mod⋅es⋅ty

    /ˈmɒdəsti/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [mod-uh-stee] Show IPA Use modesty in a Sentence

    –noun, plural -ties.

    1. the quality of being modest; freedom from vanity, boastfulness, etc.
    2. regard for decency of behavior, speech, dress, etc.
    3. simplicity; moderation.

    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/modesty?r=75
    So from this it's clear that modesty lies at least within three things. Therefore proper clothing is also part of modesty.

    In the Islamic prespective clothes are blessing and it's purpose is to conceal ones nakeness and also to serve as an adornment.
    Modesty

    And verily for everything that a slave loses there is a substitute, but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him.”
    [Related by Ibn al-Qayyim in ad-Dâ' wad-Dawâ Fasl 49]




  24. Hide
Hey there! Modesty Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Modesty
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Why modesty?
    By gladTidings in forum General
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 06-26-2012, 03:26 PM
  2. Where has our modesty gone?
    By Beardo in forum Manners and Purification of the Soul
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-21-2009, 07:17 AM
  3. *!* Modesty *!*
    By Khayal in forum Manners and Purification of the Soul
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-17-2008, 09:56 PM
  4. Some Hadiths on Modesty
    By ABDULLAH SAOOD in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-17-2007, 12:57 AM
  5. Modesty!!!
    By anonymous in forum General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-19-2006, 10:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
create