× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    SintoDinto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    238
    Threads
    67
    Reputation
    136
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    51
    Likes (Received)
    52

    I found my dream interpretation skill, but I can't interpret my own?

    Report bad ads?

    I discovered an ability to interpret people's dreams, inshaAllah.

    But I've never been able to interpret my own good dreams, and my good dreams are always VERY deep in symbolism. Does this mean that my dreams are psychological, or can good dreams be deep and entangled in symbolism and some basic interpreters be unable to interpret, too?

    EDIT: Please don't ask me to interpret your dreams, it's against the rules.
    Last edited by SintoDinto; 03-08-2019 at 08:50 PM.

  2. Report bad ads?
  3. #2
    SintoDinto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    238
    Threads
    67
    Reputation
    136
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    51
    Likes (Received)
    52

    Re: I found my dream interpretation skill, but I can't interpret my own?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    ....I dreamed about this moment...


    .... woke up with my head in a bowl of cornflakes...


    ...then I woke up again, this time on the train... turns out I was dreaming about waking up with my head in cornflakes...
    https://islamqa.info/en/answers/6537...interpretation

    https://islamqa.org/hanafi/askimam/81387

    http://aboutislam.net/counseling/ask...hrough-dreams/
    Last edited by SintoDinto; 03-08-2019 at 11:17 PM.

  4. #3
    ardianto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Indonesia
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    8,558
    Threads
    157
    Reputation
    51593
    Rep Power
    98
    Likes (Given)
    2862
    Likes (Received)
    4808

    Re: I found my dream interpretation skill, but I can't interpret my own?

    Quote Originally Posted by SintoDinto View Post
    I discovered an ability to interpret people's dreams, inshaAllah.
    99% of dreams are just reflection of what are in our minds. The dreams which are signs are rare.

    If you want to interpret dream with purpose to examine what is in someone's mind, it's still okay, although for this you are required to study psychology for years. But if you interpret dream with purpose to know what will happen in the future, then it considered as fortune telling.
    | Likes Nájlá liked this post

  5. #4
    SintoDinto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    238
    Threads
    67
    Reputation
    136
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    51
    Likes (Received)
    52

    Re: I found my dream interpretation skill, but I can't interpret my own?

    Quote Originally Posted by ardianto View Post
    99% of dreams are just reflection of what are in our minds. The dreams which are signs are rare.

    If you want to interpret dream with purpose to examine what is in someone's mind, it's still okay, although for this you are required to study psychology for years. But if you interpret dream with purpose to know what will happen in the future, then it considered as fortune telling.
    actually, uncle, the Prophet Muhammad (saws) said that after his death what would be left of Prophethood would be mubasshirat, and the companions (RA) asked, "what is mubasshirat, ya rasulullah?" and he said, 'true dreams" good dreams come in three forms, 1) that which comes true in exactly the same way as glad tidings, especially toward the end of time because believers will be so far removed from prophethood they will need the boost (actual hadith), 2) symbolism (also glad tidings), 3) warnings, which are short term, gld tidings are long term to keep us motivated.

  6. Report bad ads?
  7. #5
    ardianto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Indonesia
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    8,558
    Threads
    157
    Reputation
    51593
    Rep Power
    98
    Likes (Given)
    2862
    Likes (Received)
    4808

    Re: I found my dream interpretation skill, but I can't interpret my own?

    Few times I got dreams which were sign about something that would happen, or something that was happening without I knew. But dream like this is very rare. If I said 99% of dreams is just reflection of what are in minds, that is based on statistic. And I knew the dream that I got was not usual dream after something happened, not before.

  8. #6
    Saira Khan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    194
    Threads
    11
    Reputation
    710
    Rep Power
    3
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    126

    Re: I found my dream interpretation skill, but I can't interpret my own?

    Quote Originally Posted by SintoDinto View Post
    I discovered an ability to interpret people's dreams, inshaAllah.
    Very simple rule for that is," whatever is claimed by someone is satanic". The things from Allah are never claimed, rather to be hidden. The Hadith is right that true dreams will be glad tidings in the End of Times, but that is also not for everyone, that is for perfect believers "Momeneen" only and the people observing very strong Taqwa. May Allah increase you in beneficial knowledge.
    “True dreams are one of the forty-six parts of Prophethood.” (al-Bukhaari, 6472; Muslim, 4201)
    Stay bless.
    | Likes Supernova liked this post

  9. #7
    MazharShafiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Pakistan
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    855
    Threads
    54
    Reputation
    983
    Rep Power
    18
    Likes (Given)
    67
    Likes (Received)
    196

    Re: I found my dream interpretation skill, but I can't interpret my own?

    “True dreams are one of the forty-six parts of Prophethood.” (al-Bukhaari, 6472; Muslim, 4201)

    Stay bless.
    | Likes Supernova liked this post
    I found my dream interpretation skill, but I can't interpret my own?


  10. #8
    AbdurRahman.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    700
    Threads
    2
    Reputation
    1738
    Rep Power
    44
    Likes (Given)
    590
    Likes (Received)
    546

    Re: I found my dream interpretation skill, but I can't interpret my own?

    Quote Originally Posted by SintoDinto View Post
    I discovered an ability to interpret people's dreams, inshaAllah.

    But I've never been able to interpret my own good dreams, and my good dreams are always VERY deep in symbolism. Does this mean that my dreams are psychological, or can good dreams be deep and entangled in symbolism and some basic interpreters be unable to interpret, too?

    EDIT: Please don't ask me to interpret your dreams, it's against the rules.
    Dream interpretation is not a 'skill' brother, it is a deep science based on deep knowledge of the deen and piety. It takes great Scholars to interpret correctly.

    How do you know you are interpreting other people's dreams correctly?

    Dream interpretation is very complicated and most likely you are doing guess work and getting interpretations wrong. I'd leave it to the experts if I was you

    Peace.
    Last edited by AbdurRahman.; 03-18-2019 at 05:17 PM.
    | Likes Supernova liked this post

  11. #9
    Saira Khan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    194
    Threads
    11
    Reputation
    710
    Rep Power
    3
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    126

    Re: I found my dream interpretation skill, but I can't interpret my own?

    Quote Originally Posted by AbdullahAziz View Post
    Dream interpretation is not a 'skill' brother, it is a deep science based on deep knowledge of the deen and piety. It takes great Scholars to interpret correctly.

    How do you know you are interpreting other people's dreams correctly?

    Dream interpretation is very complicated and most likely you are doing guess work and getting interpretations wrong. I'd leave it to the experts if I was you
    I agree with you.


  12. Hide
Hey there! I found my dream interpretation skill, but I can't interpret my own? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. I found my dream interpretation skill, but I can't interpret my own?
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Dream Interpretation
    By dreamcatcher in forum General
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-22-2016, 10:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
create