× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Well thats me a Muslim now.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 31
  1. #1
    Scottish Celt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    103
    Threads
    10
    Reputation
    698
    Rep Power
    11
    Likes (Given)
    139
    Likes (Received)
    155

    Well thats me a Muslim now.

    Report bad ads?

    Salaam Aleikum Brothers & Sisters

    Today is the day I finally convert,went to Al-Furqan Mosque in my near by City of Glasgow,spoke away to Imam,a nice lenthy chat also with another brother,the Mosque was quiet,with only us in,I took my Shahada'h,im glowing with joy

  2. Report bad ads?
  3. #2
    Muslimah inshal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    380
    Threads
    75
    Reputation
    1189
    Rep Power
    11
    Likes (Given)
    644
    Likes (Received)
    217

    Re: Well thats me a Muslim now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scottish Celt View Post
    Salaam Aleikum Brothers & Sisters

    Today is the day I finally convert,went to Al-Furqan Mosque in my near by City of Glasgow,spoke away to Imam,a nice lenthy chat also with another brother,the Mosque was quiet,with only us in,I took my Shahada'h,im glowing with joy
    Mashallah akhi tabaraka Allah swt
    Welcome and may Allah make this path easy for you . And by now all you have to do is start learning step by step salah (prayer ).
    3 | Likes Scottish Celt, noraina, Finding MEMO liked this post

  4. #3
    anatolian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Turkey
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,609
    Threads
    40
    Reputation
    5396
    Rep Power
    70
    Likes (Given)
    299
    Likes (Received)
    923

    Re: Well thats me a Muslim now.

    Welcome bro. May Allah be pleased of you.
    3 | Likes Scottish Celt, Muslimah inshal, noraina liked this post

  5. #4
    Scottish Celt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    103
    Threads
    10
    Reputation
    698
    Rep Power
    11
    Likes (Given)
    139
    Likes (Received)
    155

    Re: Well thats me a Muslim now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Muslimah inshal View Post
    Mashallah akhi tabaraka Allah swt
    Welcome and may Allah make this path easy for you . And by now all you have to do is start learning step by step salah (prayer ).
    thank you sister,Imam gave me some booklets to read easy steps to prayers & other info
    1 | Likes Muslimah inshal liked this post

  6. Report bad ads?
  7. #5
    Scottish Celt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    103
    Threads
    10
    Reputation
    698
    Rep Power
    11
    Likes (Given)
    139
    Likes (Received)
    155

    Re: Well thats me a Muslim now.

    Quote Originally Posted by anatolian View Post
    Welcome bro. May Allah be pleased of you.
    thank you brother
    1 | Likes Muslimah inshal liked this post

  8. #6
    sister herb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    9,169
    Threads
    334
    Reputation
    55870
    Rep Power
    110
    Likes (Given)
    6164
    Likes (Received)
    7287

    Re: Well thats me a Muslim now.

    Wa alaykumussalam

    Congratulations new brother! I am happy for you! You did it!

    May Allah always make it easy to you to follow this path called Islam.
    2 | Likes noraina, Scottish Celt liked this post
    Well thats me a Muslim now.

    From Occupied Palestine:

    We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.




  9. #7
    Simple_Person's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Hidden in the cracks of society
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,208
    Threads
    21
    Reputation
    3171
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    558
    Likes (Received)
    634

    Re: Well thats me a Muslim now.

    wa alaikum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

    Ma'sha'Allah. You brother right now all of your previous sins have been wiped out.

    May Allah keep you on the straight path and make it easy for you to practice the deen. Also remember brother. STEP BY STEP. Right now the more easier things like not drinking alcohol anymore, or drugs or eating pork. Also slowly go and look up how the prayer is done. AGAIN..STEP BY STEP..do it on your own pace..don't rush it.

    Another advice, you know the truth, but you are NOT able to convince other of what you see right now. They are TOTALLY blind of what you are seeing. So instead of doing da'wah (talking about Islam with them and conveying the message of Islam) try the passive way..cleaning up your character in a good way. Have patience, talk good, be friendly etc. etc. people will notice this IMMEDIATELY and THEY will come and ask you whats is going on.

    If you have any problems or things you are struggling to understand or so, you know where to find us. Around the corner at starbucks with the big sign www.Islamicboard.com .
    Last edited by Simple_Person; 04-20-2017 at 06:38 PM.
    3 | Likes Scottish Celt, noraina, Muslimah inshal liked this post

  10. #8
    Scottish Celt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    103
    Threads
    10
    Reputation
    698
    Rep Power
    11
    Likes (Given)
    139
    Likes (Received)
    155

    Re: Well thats me a Muslim now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Simple_Person View Post
    wa alaikum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

    Ma'sha'Allah. You brother right now all of your previous sins have been wiped out.

    May Allah keep you on the straight path and make it easy for you to practice the deen. Also remember brother. STEP BY STEP. Right now the more easier things like not drinking alcohol anymore, or drugs or eating pork. Also slowly go and look up how the prayer is done. AGAIN..STEP BY STEP..do it on your own pace..don't rush it.

    Another advice, you know the truth, but you are NOT able to convince other of what you see right now. They are TOTALLY blind of what you are seeing. So instead of doing da'wah (talking about Islam with them and conveying the message of Islam) try the passive way..cleaning up your character in a good way. Have patience, talk good, be friendly etc. etc. people will notice this IMMEDIATELY.

    If you have any problems or things you are struggling to understand or so, you know where to find us. Around the corner at starbucks with the big sign www.Islamicboard.com .
    Thank you brother,if someone told me id be a Muslim 10 years ago I would have thought they would be lying & crazy LOL,but you never know what the future brings,now here I am,one thing though, I do feel differently I feel cleansed of all my wrong doings in the past & a new man
    2 | Likes Muslimah inshal, sister herb liked this post

  11. #9
    Scottish Celt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    103
    Threads
    10
    Reputation
    698
    Rep Power
    11
    Likes (Given)
    139
    Likes (Received)
    155

    Re: Well thats me a Muslim now.

    Quote Originally Posted by sister herb View Post
    Wa alaykumussalam

    Congratulations new brother! I am happy for you! You did it!

    May Allah always make it easy to you to follow this path called Islam.
    thank you sister

  12. Report bad ads?
  13. #10
    noraina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    A small British town
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,883
    Threads
    111
    Reputation
    21543
    Rep Power
    31
    Likes (Given)
    9591
    Likes (Received)
    3916

    Re: Well thats me a Muslim now.

    Wa alaykum assalam,

    Ma'sha'Allah! Welcome to Islam brother, we're all so happy for you!

    Don't hesitate to pop down here whenever you want to, although of course a local mosque is a wonderful place to meet other Muslims as well.

    May Allah keep you firm and steadfast on His path, ameen!
    1 | Likes Scottish Celt liked this post
    Well thats me a Muslim now.

    Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, Thabbit Qalbi Ala Deenik
    Oh turner of the Hearts make my heart firm on Your Deen







  14. #11
    Muslimah inshal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    380
    Threads
    75
    Reputation
    1189
    Rep Power
    11
    Likes (Given)
    644
    Likes (Received)
    217

    Re: Well thats me a Muslim now.

    Do you have a Qur'an?
    1 | Likes Scottish Celt liked this post

  15. #12
    azc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    6,404
    Threads
    370
    Reputation
    21516
    Rep Power
    34
    Likes (Given)
    838
    Likes (Received)
    2205

    Re: Well thats me a Muslim now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scottish Celt View Post
    Salaam Aleikum Brothers & Sisters

    Today is the day I finally convert,went to Al-Furqan Mosque in my near by City of Glasgow,spoke away to Imam,a nice lenthy chat also with another brother,the Mosque was quiet,with only us in,I took my Shahada'h,im glowing with joy


    May Allah swt keep you steadfast on Deen. Ameen
    1 | Likes Scottish Celt liked this post
    Well thats me a Muslim now.

    Allah (swt) knows best

  16. #13
    Scottish Celt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    103
    Threads
    10
    Reputation
    698
    Rep Power
    11
    Likes (Given)
    139
    Likes (Received)
    155

    Re: Well thats me a Muslim now.

    Quote Originally Posted by noraina View Post
    Wa alaykum assalam,

    Ma'sha'Allah! Welcome to Islam brother, we're all so happy for you!

    Don't hesitate to pop down here whenever you want to, although of course a local mosque is a wonderful place to meet other Muslims as well.

    May Allah keep you firm and steadfast on His path, ameen!
    thank you sister,yes I will try visit Mosque every time I am in Glasgow

    Quote Originally Posted by Muslimah inshal View Post
    Do you have a Qur'an?
    Yes,i bought a copy a while ago,also Imam gave me a smaller pocket size Qur'an aswell,so I have 2,(both in English)

    Quote Originally Posted by azc View Post


    May Allah swt keep you steadfast on Deen. Ameen
    Thank you brother.
    1 | Likes noraina liked this post

  17. #14
    Muslimah inshal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    380
    Threads
    75
    Reputation
    1189
    Rep Power
    11
    Likes (Given)
    644
    Likes (Received)
    217

    Re: Well thats me a Muslim now.

    Yes,i bought a copy a while ago,also Imam gave me a smaller pocket size Qur'an aswell,so I have 2,(both in English)


    Ah okay . I was gonna share with you a link where you can get a free Qur'an .
    2 | Likes Scottish Celt, Finding MEMO liked this post

  18. Report bad ads?
  19. #15
    Serinity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Earth
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,842
    Threads
    72
    Reputation
    10818
    Rep Power
    25
    Likes (Given)
    1154
    Likes (Received)
    2290

    Re: Well thats me a Muslim now.



    Alhamdulillah.

    A piece of advice: Do not despair or think that Allah has left you alone, when in trial. Because, the closer you get to Allah, the harder the trials.

    And remember, that sometimes we are tried, not because of our sins (there are trials like that) but sometimes when tried it doesn't have to be because of a sin.

    The Prophets were amongst those who were the most severely tested.

    Just saying: Keep faith in Allah, and do not be depressed when trials befall you.
    2 | Likes Muslimah inshal, Scottish Celt liked this post
    Well thats me a Muslim now.

    Meaning of Shirk according to The Qur'an
    " Worshipping anyone or anything besides Allah " or " distributing anything exclusive to Allah, to anyone or anything else "

    Meaning of Tawheed according to The Qur'an
    Worshipping none but Allah. Affirming whatever is exclusive to Him, Him alone.

  20. #16
    Scottish Celt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    103
    Threads
    10
    Reputation
    698
    Rep Power
    11
    Likes (Given)
    139
    Likes (Received)
    155

    Re: Well thats me a Muslim now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Serinity View Post


    Alhamdulillah.

    A piece of advice: Do not despair or think that Allah has left you alone, when in trial. Because, the closer you get to Allah, the harder the trials.

    And remember, that sometimes we are tried, not because of our sins (there are trials like that) but sometimes when tried it doesn't have to be because of a sin.

    The Prophets were amongst those who were the most severely tested.

    Just saying: Keep faith in Allah, and do not be depressed when trials befall you.
    Thanks for the advice brother,funnily enough when I wasn't Muslim I have a feeling that I have already been tested,i had it tough the past few years,and I feel inside ive been guided to Islam by Allah(swt) and everything will be better as in a better more positive outlook on life..That's just my thought anyway

  21. #17
    Simple_Person's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Hidden in the cracks of society
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,208
    Threads
    21
    Reputation
    3171
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    558
    Likes (Received)
    634

    Re: Well thats me a Muslim now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scottish Celt View Post
    Thank you brother,if someone told me id be a Muslim 10 years ago I would have thought they would be lying & crazy LOL,but you never know what the future brings,now here I am,one thing though, I do feel differently I feel cleansed of all my wrong doings in the past & a new man
    The things that you going to feel and see in'sha'Allah, will ONLY be visible to you. Remember you cannot put those feelings in to words, words don't exist what you feel. So enjoy the feeling and try further strengthen your imaan. For now i BELIEVE you have a lot of catching up to do :P but you will LOVE it all the way in'sha'Allah.

    When i became Muslim, i have watched 100's of hours of debates and knowledge gathering. I was like a sponge sucking up all the knowledge that there was available....however after all those hours of gaining knowledge..i understood that the amount of Islamic knowledge i had gathered was compared to me being on a boat and all the water that is on this earth being all the knowledge and the amount of water that is touching my small boat or even less water was the amount of knowledge that i have gathered in those 100's of hours gaining knowledge. There is SOOO much Islamic knowledge available that made me just go in prostration and be humble towards Allah. However Islamic knowledge already blew my mind, not to even speak about the understanding of that gathered knowledge. Every time i thought i understood something that i knew for some time, i was blown away by Allah giving me more understanding OF THE SAME subject. That is when i also finally understood that just because somebody has MORE Islamic KNOWLEDGE than you, it doesn't mean they understand even little bit of it.

    A example of this is when you see now and then those Muslims being so harsh in trying to convey the message of Islam or a better example ISIS supporters. Those guys may know the whole Qur'an by heart, they may know more hadith than you could know or remember in your lifetime, however knowledge is one thing, but understanding it is COMPLETELY on a different level. Understanding comes directly from Allah and this can ONLY be achieved in humbling your self towards Him.

    You have embraced Islam in a time that ISIS is very visible and everybody knowing their mentality already. Do be alert of things going on as people might try to involve you in groups..you have a mind and a heart and REMEMBER what brought you to Islam. So if people try to convince you Islam is anything but that thing that brought to you to Islam..go away from them.
    1 | Likes Scottish Celt liked this post

  22. #18
    Scottish Celt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    103
    Threads
    10
    Reputation
    698
    Rep Power
    11
    Likes (Given)
    139
    Likes (Received)
    155

    Re: Well thats me a Muslim now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Simple_Person View Post
    The things that you going to feel and see in'sha'Allah, will ONLY be visible to you. Remember you cannot put those feelings in to words, words don't exist what you feel. So enjoy the feeling and try further strengthen your imaan. For now i BELIEVE you have a lot of catching up to do :P but you will LOVE it all the way in'sha'Allah.

    When i became Muslim, i have watched 100's of hours of debates and knowledge gathering. I was like a sponge sucking up all the knowledge that there was available....however after all those hours of gaining knowledge..i understood that the amount of Islamic knowledge i had gathered was compared to me being on a boat and all the water that is on this earth being all the knowledge and the amount of water that is touching my small boat or even less water was the amount of knowledge that i have gathered in those 100's of hours gaining knowledge. There is SOOO much Islamic knowledge available that made me just go in prostration and be humble towards Allah. However Islamic knowledge already blew my mind, not to even speak about the understanding of that gathered knowledge. Every time i thought i understood something that i knew for some time, i was blown away by Allah giving me more understanding OF THE SAME subject. That is when i also finally understood that just because somebody has MORE Islamic KNOWLEDGE than you, it doesn't mean they understand even little bit of it.

    A example of this is when you see now and then those Muslims being so harsh in trying to convey the message of Islam or a better example ISIS supporters. Those guys may know the whole Qur'an by heart, they may know more hadith than you could know or remember in your lifetime, however knowledge is one thing, but understanding it is COMPLETELY on a different level. Understanding comes directly from Allah and this can ONLY be achieved in humbling your self towards Him.

    You have embraced Islam in a time that ISIS is very visible and everybody knowing their mentality already. Do be alert of things going on as people might try to involve you in groups..you have a mind and a heart and REMEMBER what brought you to Islam. So if people try to convince you Islam is anything but that thing that brought to you to Islam..go away from them.
    Yes,i totally agree with everything you have said,i am just starting out my knowledge is basic tbf,but I will learn more & more through time at my own pace,as you say,as long as I have good understanding of Islam,i will be more than happy with that,this is a new chapter in my life & no doubt there will be obstacles along the way

  23. #19
    Serinity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Earth
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,842
    Threads
    72
    Reputation
    10818
    Rep Power
    25
    Likes (Given)
    1154
    Likes (Received)
    2290

    Re: Well thats me a Muslim now.



    Stay away from ISIS people, they WILL cause you misery, and do not try to argue with them, and do not take advice from them.

    They will confuse you, so stay far away from them. Keep listening to the Qur'an, and go at YOUR pace.

    Allahu alam.
    1 | Likes Scottish Celt liked this post
    Well thats me a Muslim now.

    Meaning of Shirk according to The Qur'an
    " Worshipping anyone or anything besides Allah " or " distributing anything exclusive to Allah, to anyone or anything else "

    Meaning of Tawheed according to The Qur'an
    Worshipping none but Allah. Affirming whatever is exclusive to Him, Him alone.

  24. Report bad ads?
  25. #20
    Scottish Celt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    103
    Threads
    10
    Reputation
    698
    Rep Power
    11
    Likes (Given)
    139
    Likes (Received)
    155

    Re: Well thats me a Muslim now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Serinity View Post


    Stay away from ISIS people, they WILL cause you misery, and do not try to argue with them, and do not take advice from them.

    They will confuse you, so stay far away from them. Keep listening to the Qur'an, and go at YOUR pace.

    Allahu alam.
    thanks brother,..dont worry I will,im a peacefull person with a family,so they will be avoided.
    1 | Likes Muslimah inshal liked this post

  26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Well thats me a Muslim now. Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Well thats me a Muslim now.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-12-2018, 09:58 PM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-30-2016, 03:03 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-27-2013, 05:52 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-19-2012, 11:46 PM
  5. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-09-2010, 09:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
create