What knowledge did he have?
Said one who had knowledge from the Scripture, "I will bring it to you before your glance returns to you." And when [Solomon] saw it placed before him, he said, "This is from the favor of my Lord to test me whether I will be grateful or ungrateful. And whoever is grateful - his gratitude is only for [the benefit of] himself. And whoever is ungrateful - then indeed, my Lord is Free of need and Generous."
Imaam al-Baghawi said:
Most of the scholars of Tafsiir are of the opinion that this man was a truthful and pious slave who knew the greatest Name of Allaah. The Name which when one supplicates using it he is answered and when he asks for something by means of it he is given.
Re: What knowledge did he have?
this explanation makes sense, as the jinn? wanted to bring that item in a 'jiffy' and ALlah allowed him; He had to supplicate to ALlah for that right?
Originally Posted by ZeeshanParvez
Re: What knowledge did he have?
The context strongly appears to imply that it was an ifreet (high degree/genius/high achiever/expert) from among the jinn, it is possible that he understood some deep formulas which come from understanding and comprehending some of the mysteries of Allah, and was utilising them for good in service of Allah and His messenger.
If a person uses their brain and ponders carefully about information, and continues to add knowledge, it becomes easier to comprehend and see blips and other rules previously unnoticed, especially if they pay close attention to important parts and save those in a seperate archive/matrix (check out left brain right brain division and how certain people train themselves to save certain information with attachments and associations that definitely store the information in a specially categorized place) and wrestle with it on another level. This individual appears to have been finding and understanding deeper level reality structures and working in those realities,
Joshua bin Nun is reported to have commanded the sun to stop after aligning it's task with his.
22Immediately Jesus made the disciples get into the boat and go on ahead of him to the other side, while he dismissed the crowd. 23After he had dismissed them, he went up on a mountainside by himself to pray. Later that night, he was there alone, 24and the boat was already a considerable distance from land, buffeted by the waves because the wind was against it.
25Shortly before dawn Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake. 26When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. “It’s a ghost,” they said, and cried out in fear.
27But Jesus immediately said to them: “Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.”
28“Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.”
29“Come,” he said.
Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. 30But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord (context - rabbi/maulana/teacher/master/sir) save me!”
31Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt?”
From Matthew 14
45. They (Moses and Aaron) said: "Our Lord! We fear lest he hasten with insolence against us, or lest he transgress all bounds."
46. He said: "Fear not: for I am with you: I hear and see (everything).
66. He said, "Nay, throw ye first!" Then behold their ropes and their rods-so it seemed to him on account of their magic - began to be in lively motion!
67. So Moses conceived in his mind a (sort of) fear.
68. We said: "Fear not! for thou hast indeed the upper hand:
69. "Throw that which is in thy right hand: Quickly will it swallow up that which they have faked what they have faked is but a magician's trick: and the magician thrives not, (no matter) where he goes."
70. So the magicians were thrown down to prostration: they said, "We believe in the Lord of Aaron and Moses".
From Quran, Chapter 20
61. And when the two bodies saw each other, the people of Moses said: "We are sure to be overtaken."
62. (Moses) said: "By no means! my Lord is with me! Soon will He guide me!"
63. Then We told Moses by inspiration: "Strike the sea with thy rod." So it divided, and each separate part became like the huge, firm mass of a mountain.
From Quran, Chapter 26
It is useful however to remember that opening certain parallel/alternate reality doors can also carry with it the risk of symmetry by others who may have different although apparently (on a superficial level) similar motives.
Allah swt explains that what sulaiman did and what the shayatueen did was not the same:
Wa maa kafara sulaiman walaakinna-ash-shayaateena kafaroo.
And Sulaiman did not deny Allah, justice, truth, but the shayatueen denied Allah, justice, truth, and therefore Sulaimaan's actions were justified and those of the shayaatueen were condemned.
This statement by Allah the most high and wise - Who has no partner and to Whom there is nothing similar - in the final revelation appears to indicate that an argument was put forth and/or may be put forth in future, that what the Shayaatueen did and what Sulaimaan did was the same or similar, and Allah refutes that false notion and breaks that fake mirror which apparently focuses on the sword and not the wielding of it.
101. And when there came to them a Messenger from Allah, confirming what was with them, a party of the people of the Book threw away the Book of Allah behind their backs, as if (it had been something) they did not know!
102. They followed what the evil ones (satans) chanted over the power/kingdom of Solomon: and Solomon did not commit kufr, whereas the evil ones(satans) commited kufr, teaching people magic, and such things as came down at Babel to the two angels Harut and Marut. But neither of these taught anyone (Such things) without saying: "We are only for trial; so do not commit kufr." They learned from them the means to sow discord between man and wife. But they could not thus harm anyone except by Allah.s permission. And they learned what harmed them, not what profited them. And they knew that the buyers of (magic) would have no share in the happiness of the Hereafter. And vile was the price for which they did sell their souls, if they but knew!
103. If they had kept their Faith and guarded themselves from evil, far better had been the reward from their Lord, if they but knew!
104. O you who have attained Faith! Say not (to the Messenger. words of ambiguous import (raa'ina - see us), but say words of respect/clarity (undhurnaa - look to us); and listen (to him): To those without Faith is a grievous punishment.
From Quran, Chapter 2
Also the display of miracles as proof are no joke since they confirm the truth and cut off excuses - and Allah is no entertainer.
Allah's secret name are His exalted and unique qualities and capabilities, when a person uses Allah, it is a "spell"ing of Allah's exalted and also unique attributes, all saved under the name.
Compare: tell them: "I am what I am" (genesis) with "and what is the lord of the worlds?" (Quran 26:23).
Notice something? Not possible via deed poll name change......when you're dealing with the foolish, ignorant type that argued with Ibraheem.
257. Allah is the Protector of those who have faith: from the depths of darkness He will lead them forth into light. Of those who reject faith the patrons are the evil ones: from light they will lead them forth into the depths of darkness. They will be companions of the fire, to dwell therein (For ever).
258. Have you not Turned your vision to one who disputed with Abraham About his Lord, because Allah had granted him power?
Abraham said: "My Lord is He Who Gives life and death." He said: "I give life and death".
Said Abraham: "But it is Allah that causeth the sun to rise from the east: Do thou then cause him to rise from the West." Thus was he confounded who (in arrogance) rejected faith. Nor doth Allah Give guidance to a people unjust.
259. Or (take) the similitude of one who passed by a hamlet, all in ruins to its roofs. He said: "Oh! how shall Allah bring it (ever) to life, after (this) its death?" but Allah caused him to die for a hundred years, then raised him up (again).
He said: "How long did you tarry (thus)?" He said: (Perhaps) a day or part of a day." He said: "Rather, you have tarried in this state a hundred years;
but look at your food and your drink; they show no signs of age;
and look at your donkey: And that We may make of you a sign to the people,
Look further at the bones, how We bring them together and clothe them with flesh." When this was shown clearly to him, he said: "I know that Allah has power over all things."
From Quran, Chapter 2
Here's a demonstration of how digits and various symbols can be stored at different frequencies in seperate language centers of the brain via "spells":
(I've posted it before but it also applies here):
A performance of "Mathemagic"
The following quote is an adaption from scimitar's post on the mind control thread, and the next is from wikipedia:
Regarded as “general” or regular programming, ALPHA is within the base control personality. It characterized by extremely pronounced memory retention, along with substantially increased physical strength and visual acuity. Alpha programming is accomplished through deliberately subdividing the subject's personality which, in essence, causes a left brain-right brain division, allowing for a programmed union of Left and Right through neuron pathway stimulation.
Satanic Mind Control
The lateralization of brain function is the tendency for some neural functions or cognitive processes to be more dominant in one hemisphere than the other. The medial longitudinal fissure separates the human brain into two distinct cerebral hemispheres, connected by the corpus callosum. Although the macrostructure of the two hemispheres appears to be almost identical, different composition of neuronal networks allows for specialized function that is different in each hemisphere.
Lateralization of brain structures is based on general trends expressed in healthy patients; however, there are numerous counterexamples to each generalization. Each human’s brain develops differently leading to unique lateralization in individuals. This is different from specialization as lateralization refers only to the function of one structure divided between two hemispheres. Specialization is much easier to observe as a trend since it has a stronger anthropological history
The LHS can be simplified to better understand its role in this rivalry. The LHS is centered around action and is often the driving force behind risky behaviors. This hemisphere heavily relies upon emotional input leading it to make brash and uncalculated decisions. These decisions should not be thought of as ill-conceived, rather illogical and raw.
Similarly the RHS can be brought into understanding by discussing a simple model of its role in the hemispheric interactions. The RHS can be thought of as the opposite of LHS as it relies primarily on critical thinking and calculations to reach its decisions. As such the conclusions reached by the RHS often result in avoidance of risk taking behaviors and overall inaction.
Handedness has been implicated in determining which hemisphere is naturally dominant. Due to decussation the dominant hemisphere is opposite to the main hand/foot. Left-handed and ambidextrous individuals have been shown to have more efficient hemispheric interactions.
The widespread lateralization of many vertebrate animals indicates an evolutionary advantage associated with the specialization of each hemisphere. In one experiment, baby chicks were lateralized before hatching by exposing their eggs to light. These chicks were set to a task of picking out food from a bed of pebbles. Neither the lateralized, nor the non-lateralized chicks had a problem with this task, but the lateralized chicks only used the eye on the side of which they were lateralized to pick up the pebbles. When presented with a second task of watching for a cutout of a predatory hawk, the discrepancy between lateralized and non-lateralized chicks became evident. Lateralized chicks could pick food out of the pebbles with one eye and one half of the brain while using the other eye and other half of their brain to monitor the skies for predators. Not only could non-lateralized chicks not complete the two tasks simultaneously, but their performance of the single task deteriorated. This suggests that the evolutionary advantage of lateralization comes from the capacity to perform separate parallel tasks in each hemisphere of the brain. It was found in a 2011 study published in the journal of Brain Behavioral Research that lateralization of few specific functions as opposed to overall brain lateralization is correlated with parallel tasks efficiency.
So it's useful to keep all useful data at hand like Sulaiman who believed and trusted in Allah - rather than say: this is magic, oh Allah if your way is superior to the way of the magician, make this beast go away" - and then make everyone suffer the consequences. All good is Allah's and so is our left and right brain so let's use them in Allah's service.
And Allah knows best.
Last edited by Abz2000; 1 Week Ago at 01:22 AM.
Long ago has hope perished, as have our men of honor
The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress
Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.
When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts.
By Abdul Wahid in forum Advice & Support
Last Post: 11-30-2009, 04:44 AM
By islamiii in forum Miscellaneous
Last Post: 09-17-2008, 10:13 PM
By alimahdi in forum Creative Writing & Art
Last Post: 11-25-2007, 05:58 AM
By madeenahsh in forum 'Ilm - Knowledge
Last Post: 03-16-2006, 05:08 AM