LI Islamic Forum will insha'Allaah start a project where we (LI Members) can work together to collect as much donations necessary to sponsor one orphan for a year (or more - depending on the funds).

The cost will be around $400 for a whole year. Insha'Allaah, if the project is successful, we can sponsor another orphan or sponsor even more than a year.

We'll get a picture and an up-to-date profile of the orphan we're sponsoring telling us how he/she is doing.

The Prophet (Peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

"I and the caretaker of the orphan will enter Paradise together like this, raising (by way of illustration) his forefinger and middle finger jointly, leaving no space in between." [Saheeh al-Bukhaari]
------UPDATE--------

Alhumdillah, so far we have 11 replies from members who are interested.

------UPDATE---------

I will list the payment methods that are available. Please do not attempt to send any money without informing me. Jazaka'Allaahu khairun in advance.
  • Paypal (Highly recommended):
- You can send money via the famous paypal system. You don't need account with them, as long as you have a major credit card/debit card, you can send instantly. To send money via paypal, go here:
http://www.islamicboard.com/donate.php
  • Direct Bank Transfer
If you want to send the money via bank transfer, then pm (private message ) me so that I can provide you my bank details.
  • Cheque or Money Order
If you prefer using cheque or a money order, pm me so that I can provide you my address.

Insha'Allaah, I will update if more find more reliable payment methods.

Jazaka'Allaahu Khairun in advance and may Allaah (Exalted is He) reward you all. I will insha'Allaah post the orphan's information as soon as I get it.