× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 16 of 16 visibility 3083

The Media!?!?!?!

Helena's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    as one ummah the burden we share inshAllah!!!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The Media!?!?!?!

Report bad ads?

how does the media affect a muslims life? everything that the media says, is it true? whats the purpose of the media?

So far i know that the media is trying to remove religion out of the world. they are trying to convince that we are bad, that we must be hated!
    Everything that the media says is not always true. sometimes they try to put fear in all of mankind because they can control the world.

what do you think? do u agree/disagree?
    whats your opinion?
    The Media!?!?!?!

All i hope is for my mums happiness.Shes my light.Shes my dunya.Her tears are my weakness.Her sadness breaks my heart.She is my mirror.A mirror that keeps me alive.Without her am nothing.shes my saaya.How can i leave her.I pray to Allah(swt) to keep me with her forever inshAllah.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    ummAbdillah's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    ~Aisha~
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: The Media!?!?!?!

how does the media affect a muslims life?
    it has great influence on muslims. how they think, how they drsss.
    everything that the media says, is it true?
    not all ways
    So far i know that the media is trying to remove religion out of the world.
    allahu a'laam
    they are trying to convince that we are bad, that we must be hated!
    not always but i see what you mean sis, when the keep saying "muslim extremists" "muslim terrorists"

i mostly watch islam channel and i read mulsim magazines
    so its al gud
    The Media!?!?!?!

وَإِن كُنتُنَّ تُرِدْنَ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ وَالدَّارَ الْآخِرَةَ فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ أَعَدَّ لِلْمُحْسِنَاتِ مِنكُنَّ أَجْرًا عَظِيمًا
    chat Quote

Mujahideen's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

ASW. its funny coz even though the media say so much thing about muslims, yet Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world. the fools don't realise they are getting people to look in to Islam.
    The Media!?!?!?!

Glorified is the master of the Earthly and Heavenly kingdom, Glorified is the Honoured One, the Exalted One, the Venerated One, the Powerful One, the Magnificent One, and the Omnipotent One
    chat Quote

Mainul_Islam's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

And they (disbelievers) plotted, and Allâh planned too. And Allâh is the Best of the planners. [Quran 3:54]
    The Media!?!?!?!

LÂ ILÂHA ILLA ALLÂH! THERE IS NO GOD BUT GOD!
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Mainul_Islam View Post
    And they (disbelievers) plotted, and Allâh planned too. And Allâh is the Best of the planners. [Quran 3:54]

salaam,

jazakAllah for that quote. it is truly inspirational and words from Allah like those that you have mentioned brother, really help muslims to carry on and see that Allah is surely the best.

also i would say that the media nearly always portrays muslims as the bad guys. thats why to me , reading the newspapers or even watching the news can be so depressing. but Allah knows best.

wassalam.
    chat Quote

strider's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Assalamu alaikum

how does the media affect a muslims life? everything that the media says, is it true? whats the purpose of the media?
    The media is an outlet from where information about issues that concern us can be obtained, thus it doesn't only affect the life of Muslims but all of the public in general. Their job is to report on issues as they happens to be of importance to the public. It is naive to think that everything reported is correct; though everything can't be wrong.

So far i know that the media is trying to remove religion out of the world. they are trying to convince that we are bad, that we must be hated!
    I'm sorry you feel like that. I don't think the media in general is trying to remove religion from the world. I assume that the 'we' you are referring to is the Muslim population and i don't think that is their agenda though there are certain elements of the media who are islamaphobic.

Everything that the media says is not always true.
    You're right.

sometimes they try to put fear in all of mankind because they can control the world.
    Though i don't think this is the reason behind some misrepresentation they are guilty of. The media is a regulated body and have to abide by a set of rules, known as the Press Code. If they don't then relevent action can be taken against them. I don't believe they are blatantly trying to put fear in all mankind.

I find it rather ironic that many Muslims frequently blame the troubles they face in everyday lives on the media and turn it into a scapegoat. What about ourselves? We complain about being misrepresented but i don't see many standing up and voicing their opinions like every other group in society. What can you expect when you aren't prepared to do anything to change public opinion? It is in our hands. If we don't do anything then you can't expect anything other then Muslims being made out to be the 'badies.'

Ma'assalama
    chat Quote

kashifdogar's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Dear Sister

I see and feel this media is too much bed because this media all my country pepole mind changed and here now have no respect any one and girl and boy go fats wrong side i pray to Allah please help and contron this Media Amine

Your Brother
    chat Quote

cihad's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    on a little uninhabited island called my bed
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

when i watch the news for too long i start to feel depresed coz like everything that is about how bad muslims are and terrorists and things.
    only seldom things like bird flu and that pop up.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by cihad View Post
    when i watch the news for too long i start to feel depresed coz like everything that is about how bad muslims are and terrorists and things.
    only seldom things like bird flu and that pop up.

r, i hate and also get depressed when they use the word islamic terriost!!

The Media!?!?!?!

All i hope is for my mums happiness.Shes my light.Shes my dunya.Her tears are my weakness.Her sadness breaks my heart.She is my mirror.A mirror that keeps me alive.Without her am nothing.shes my saaya.How can i leave her.I pray to Allah(swt) to keep me with her forever inshAllah.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Assalamu alaikum

What do you expect them to say to describe lunatics who go blowing themselves up along with a bus-full of civilians? Their religious convictions drove them to such extremes, hence Islamic terrorist is a fitting term, don't you think? Look at the context in which it is used.

Just felt that i had to make this post as to balance things out.

Ma'assalama
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Walaikum Assalam,

sister Strider i have to say that i really object to the term 'Islamic terroist' as there can never be such a thing.

and did not Allah say that if you kill one person unjustly it is as if you have killed the whole of mankind. - not exact wording.

i wouldnt trust the things they say on the news or in the atrocious newspapares they come out with these days, they just need stories that sell, and creating stories that inflict Islamophobia and tension is what some kuffar go for nowadays.

Allah knows best.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Awaiting email confirmation
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by helena View Post

Everything that the media says is not always true. sometimes they try to put fear in all of mankind because they can control the world.

what do you think? do u agree/disagree?
    whats your opinion?
    I do agree in part with you in your opinions.

Most of the media people are either disbelievers or misbelievers. They do not bother for the life hereafter. They do not know Islam as most of the
    people born to Muslim parents and identified as Muslims do not know Islam. The media people find that almost all terrorist violences, secret killings, hostage killings etc. are done all over the world by people born in Muslim countries and to Muslim parents.This is not all; they do so in the name of Islam and their fellow Muslims do not fight them. So, the media, which is not aware of the real beauty of Islam which is not practiced by the majority of the Muslims, have rationally deduced from their outside view that Muslims are terrorists. But Islam has taught us to be tolerant and merciful.

When Iraq illegally occupied Kuwait and failing diplomatically to free the state from their forceful occupation, the allied force attacked Iraq to free Kuwait, most of the mass people of the Muslim countries sided psychologiclly with Iraq- the then terrorist state. So, I think the un-Islamic conduct of many of the Muslims have turned the world a dangerous place to live in peace. Curbing these sinners shoul be first priority of all Muslim states themselves.

Last edited by M H Kahn; 01-14-2006 at 01:54 PM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by nazia View Post
    Walaikum Assalam,

sister Strider i have to say that i really object to the term 'Islamic terroist' as there can never be such a thing.
    Wa-alaikum salam

I acknowledge that the phrase 'Islamic terrorist' IS a paradox, though i think the media in general can be forgiven for using such terms as the context they are used in are more than valid.

Ma'assalama
    chat Quote

azim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by strider View Post
    Wa-alaikum salam

I acknowledge that the phrase 'Islamic terrorist' IS a paradox, though i think the media in general can be forgiven for using such terms as the context they are used in are more than valid.

Ma'assalama
    If they used the same term for every attack perpretated by a member of a religious faction THEN MAYBE it could be forgiven, but it still wouldnt make it right.

I don't think you realise the significance of that term sister. When Islam is mentioned, people finish the sentence with 'terrorism'. That is not right.

George W. Bush has mentioned countless countless times that he believes he is on a religious mission, BY GOD, to take over Iraq and Afghanistan. He is a very right-wing Christian, a fundamentalist in any sense of the term.

So his attacks in Afghanistan and Iraq ARE RELIGIOUSLY MOTIVATED. The current number of deaths caused in Iraq so far lies at 30,000 (by IBC, other figures put it at over 100,000). These ARE TERRORIST ATTACKS.

So, not even once, has the term 'Christian' be used in front of any of G. W. Bushs' decisions of invasion and attack.

You may argue they are more political. The so called 'Islamic terrorist' attacks are also very political, usually in reaction to political conditions in a certain country.

You may argue that religion plays a greater role in the Islamic terrorist attacks. G. W. Bush claimed he has been 'spoken' to by God. How much more religious can you get?

Sister, understand that intentional or not, the Media is a bias. Not all of it, but the main bulk of it. Read the Daily Mail one day, and then read the Guardian. The Daily Mail is filled with scare stories regarding muslims and foreigners doing this and that. The Guardian is filled with real, accurate, reliable news and so these silly stories are not included.

Why you feel you want to defend the use of a term which is wrong, bias, so counter-productive I honestly do not know. You say it's a pardox, but it's a valid term. That is disgusting, you think it is valid to compare the name of the religion ALLAH chose for mankind, the only religion that provides true peace and true love for humanity, the name of religion which has so little to do with culture and geography and has so much to do with beliefs, honestly, peace and submission with the word terrorism?

Honestly, think about what your saying sister. This is not a small, or a light thing. It is very serious.

Peace.
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Tasneem's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The media is a bunch of lies

They make muslims look extreme and crazy

They are trying to munipulate(Or whatever the word is)The world

Into thinking that we blow up buildings

They want EVERYBODY to hate us

They are trying to destroy us

They want us gone they want us gone

Bush says that the war in IRAQ has nothing to do with muslims

What a lie!The war on IRAQ EVERYTHING to do with Muslims

Soooo many Muslims are fooled

Many Muslims dont know the history and any Muslim who does know that

The war has EVERYTNING to do with us.

O.k let me stop right here

SaLaMz
    The Media!?!?!?!

~!My hijab is my crown!~

~For My past will for ever be a part of my present and my future!~

I know i look diffrent--im going through something.Make dua for me
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Jihad_spun View Post
    The media is a bunch of lies

They make muslims look extreme and crazy

They are trying to munipulate(Or whatever the word is)The world

Into thinking that we blow up buildings

They want EVERYBODY to hate us

They are trying to destroy us

They want us gone they want us gone

Bush says that the war in IRAQ has nothing to do with muslims

What a lie!The war on IRAQ EVERYTHING to do with Muslims

Soooo many Muslims are fooled

Many Muslims dont know the history and any Muslim who does know that

The war has EVERYTNING to do with us.

O.k let me stop right here

SaLaMz

Mashalah very intersting!! u couldve gone on??

The Media!?!?!?!

chat Quote

21. Hide
Hey there! The Media!?!?!?! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. The Media!?!?!?!