Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Israeli Textbooks Incite Racism, Hatred

Report bad ads?

CAIRO, March 11, 2005 (IslamOnline.net & News Agencies) – Israel’s education curricula aim at psychologically mobilizing youngsters for war, inciting “hostility, grudge and hatred” against Arabs and tarnishing the Arab image, according to a new study.

“Israeli school textbooks aim at implanting the desire for war in the souls of students as a sole means for defending what they believe legitimate and historic rights with the objective of mobilizing the Israeli public opinion for a constant state of war,” Safa Abdel Aal, an education expert, was quoted by Reuters as saying Thursday, March 10.

In her book “Racist Education in Israeli Curricula”, Abdel Aal said “Israel has been mobilizing youngsters to be ready to give sacrifices on war as did the first Zionist generations to regain what they believe their legitimate rights”.

With such an attitude, she maintains, Israel aims at getting students to “give their souls for liberating the lands of the Jewish predecessors and for establishing the Kingdom of Israel”.

Israel remains one of the most militarized societies in the world, according to The Christian Science Monitor.

Young Israelis are educated about the army as early as the 11th grade, with five days of training that includes learning how to shoot.

A year later, school students receive counseling from a young soldier about draft procedures.

Serving in the Israeli army, which comprises 190.000 elements and 450.000 reservists, is mandatory.

Graduating from high schools, Israeli males serve three years while females serve a year less.

Hatred & Enmity

In her book, the education expert analyzes the content of a group of Israeli history and geography textbooks in the primary education.

“These textbooks hamper attempts to achieve peace or to establish an independent Palestinian state,” Abdel Aal said.

“The main tasks of the Israeli education system are meant to implanting the seeds of hatred and fear from the other in the Israeli youngsters and tarnishing the image of Arabs in the eyes of the current and future Israeli generations,” she stressed.

She further noted that the gravity of such an Israeli racist education system lies in the fact that the Israeli children, since their prime years, are being fed with hatred, grudge and superiority against Arabs, in particular, and others, in general.

Anti-Arab Sentences

The Israeli textbooks also focus on attaching mean and derogatory descriptions to Arabs, the education expert told Reuters.

“The Arabs are given mean descriptions in the Israeli textbooks such as thugs and thieves,” she said, citing two examples of anti-Arab sentences in the Israeli textbooks to prove her case.

One such clause speak about the “sacrifices!” made by early Jewish generations, “despite a harsh climate and an environment full of the Arab embezzlers, thieves and terrorists”.

A second refers to the city of Taparia as a place which is suffering from insecurity and fear from the Arab hurters.

The Israeli textbooks also include anti-Arab sentences such as “Arab thieves”, “Arabs are -------s thirsty for the Jewish bloods”, and “underdeveloped Arabs”.

Negotiations are under way to translate the book into other languages in order to reveal the Israeli racist stances on the Arab peoples.

“Negotiations are under way with a European publishing house to translate the book to let the sympathizers with Israel know how the Israelis are implanting enmity and hatred against the Arabs and non-Jewish,” Mohamed Rashad, the book publisher, told Reuters.

“Racist Ideologies”

Similar asessments were echoed by Hamed Ammar, an Egyptian education expert.
    “The racist education is dominating the Israeli mentality and there seems a keenness to consolidate such a racist tendency in the coming generations,” said Ammar in his introduction to Abdel Aal’s book.

He described the Israeli education system as extremely “dangerous” because of its influences on enhancing such racist ideologies.

Ammar dismissed that Israel would give up its “racist” ideologies, especially in terms of relations with the Arab world.

“Thus, it is proven that the Israeli claims on being willing to establish a just and comprehensive peace in the Middle East are groundless.”

Israel has been complaining that the Arab education curricula are inciting hatred against Jews.

However, respected US and European research institutes found Palestinian textbooks free from any incitement to hatred, The International Herald Tribune reported December 18, 2004.

Disregarding the Israeli racist stances on the Arabs, US President George W. Bush signed October 17, 2004, into law a controversial bill on combating the so-called global anti-Semitism.

The law commits the US State Department to docomeent acts of physical violence against Jews, their property, cemeteries and places of worship abroad, as well as local governments’ responses to them and take note of instances of anti-Jewish propaganda and governments’ readiness to promote unbiased school curricula.

------------------------------

God's curse be upon Israel and its supporters, ameen
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    SpaceFalcon2001's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Israeli Textbooks Incite Racism, Hatred

I'm sure the palestinian text books are just as neutral for their side.

سلام
    الله اكبر
    لا إله إلا الله
    أمّة إسرائيل حيّه
    هذا أرضي و بلدي
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Jewel of LI
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I don't know how many textbooks they have.

But the problem is that whenever there is a conflict, both sides just get into a cycle of hate.

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:
    "Surely I was sent to perfect the qualities of righteous character" [Musnad Ahmad, Muwatta Mâlik]

Visit Ansâr Al-'Adl's personal page HERE.
    Excellent resources on Islam listed HERE.
    chat Quote

yoshiyahu's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

While I don't doubt that it's possible, I never accept a source that claims something says something but doesn't bother to quote it.

سلام - שלום
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Hash
    Space falcon, i dont think the Palestinas have time to read their textbooks, they have to keep looking over their shoulder at them dogs with the assult rifles.
    If only they had learned to read before they strapped bombs to their chest...

سلام
    الله اكبر
    لا إله إلا الله
    أمّة إسرائيل حيّه
    هذا أرضي و بلدي
    chat Quote

Genius's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Manners bro, I've heard stories of jews being human shields to save arabs in Palestine and saving muslims on 9/11.
    Last edited by Ansar Al-'Adl; 03-22-2005 at 08:44 PM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Abu Hasinah
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Ya Akhee hash, calm down
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    LI News Service
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Ameen. But you gotta compliment Hash on being so strong and having so much love for his religion.

But before we wage war on SpaceFalcon, I'm sure that he is decent enough to admit his mistake and apologise.

"I spent thirty years learning manners, and I spent twenty years learning knowledge."

~ 'Abdullāh bin al-Mubārak (rahimahullah)
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Abu Hasinah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Osman

Ameen. But you gotta compliment Hash on being so strong and having so much love for his religion.

But before we wage war on SpaceFalcon, I'm sure that he is decent enough to admit his mistake and apologise.

Im seeing a sensible side to OSMAN
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Jewel of LI
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hash, you keep demonstrating that you can't discuss anything without getting emotional.

STOP.

"Surely I was sent to perfect the qualities of righteous character" [Musnad Ahmad, Muwatta Mâlik]

chat Quote

brightness_1
    LI News Service
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by farhan247
    Im seeing a sensible side to OSMAN
    I like to play the mediator. Believe me, you should have seen my posts when I first signed up here! They were about two paragraphs long each! But now I'm slacking off . . .

And Hash will surely forgive SpaceFalcon if he apologises.

"I spent thirty years learning manners, and I spent twenty years learning knowledge."

chat Quote

brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Osman
    But you gotta compliment Hash on being so strong and having so much love for his religion.
    I think we've proven time and again, whatever he loves, it isn't Islamic.

It's unfortunate to say that my comment is true, and Hash is just the kind of person to keep on perpetuating such tragedies. With people like him, peace is impossible.
    format_quote Originally Posted by Genius
    Manners bro, I've heard stories of jews being human shields to save arabs in Palestine and saving muslims on 9/11.
    I can't say I've heard many stories of the opposite. I have nothing against Muslims, I like Islam. It's a good religion, with many good adherents. But I don't care for terrorists.

سلام
    الله اكبر
    لا إله إلا الله
    أمّة إسرائيل حيّه
    هذا أرضي و بلدي
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Jewel of LI
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Allow me to have that honour, Hash.

I will show you what you are doing is in direct contradiction to the Qur'an:
    41:34 Nor can goodness and Evil be equal. Repel (Evil) with what is better: Then will he between whom and thee was hatred become as it were thy friend and intimate!

Instead of following this verse, you insult people and drive them away from Islamic websites.

Hash, I have no problem with what you believe. I don't care. You can believe whatever you want. There's nothing wrong with that.

The problem is the WAY you are expressing your beliefs.

I am not asking you to change your postion yet. I just want you to change the way you discuss things. Less emotional and more objective. No more insulting. The discussion doesn't get anywhere otherwise.

And remember, SpaceFalcon is of the People of the Book, and the Qur'an says:
    29:46 And dispute ye not with the People of the Book, except in the BEST manner

Insulting people and threatening them is NOT the best manner.

So I'm not asking you to change your postion on anything right now.

All I'm asking is for you to discuss these issues properly, with kindness and politeness.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Jewel of LI
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Hash
    I only retaliate, i do not transgese. I never start the hostilities or the insulting or whatever you want to call it.
    Can you show me where SpaceFalcon called you a dog? Or where he said 'hell'?

They speak harsh to my brothers and sisters i DEFINELTY speak harsh to them.
    Then you have disobeyed the verses I just quoted.

These i do say at times, i have a short fuse, may allah azzawajjal cure me from this.
    Ameen. That's all I'm asking. That you stopp calling people dog etc. and stop insulting people.

You know Hash, on the UI forum a brother named Benjamin said he had been interested in Islam but he saw your posts and he thought all muslims were ignorant. WALLAHI. I am not lying. He said he was planning on leaving the forum, but then after you left UI he stayed.

HE BECAME A MUSLIM WITHIN A MONTH.

Had you not left the Understanding Islam forum he would not have stayed and learnt about Islam. You almost prevented someone from becoming a muslim with your behaviour.

And now you are doing the same thing. Blocking people from learning about Islam.

BUT.......i never start the hostilities, and you can chek through all the posts etc and you will find this.
    You show me who said the first insults. Show me.

When the jews bitterly muttered 'death be unto you' the noble messenger of allah (sallallhu alayi wa'salaam) replied 'and the same to you'. So the prophet 9sallallhu alyi wa'salaam) never started it, but he (sallallhu alyi wa'salaam) retaliated in the same tone.
    Astaghfirullah!! :mad: This is an insult to the Prophet!
    In fact, Aisha heard them curse Muhammad saws and she yelled back curses at them, but the Prophet saws stopped her and said, "Verily Allah swt loves kindness in all things.

The Prophet saws was a waliing Qur'an. The Qur'an tells us to repel evil with good. And you claim that the Prophet saws returned evil for evil!??!

allah knows best brother. Maybe you are right, if so, may allah azzawajjal forgive me.
    brother, PLEASE think about this carefully. Stop the curses, stop the insults.

Dialogue in a good fashion.

29:46 And dispute ye not with the People of the Book, except in the BEST manner

Thank you for your co-operation.

Last edited by Ansar Al-'Adl; 03-23-2005 at 11:14 PM.
    | Likes Signor liked this post

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    LI News Service
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I have full confidence that if Hash knew that he was in violation of the Qur'an he would certainly have stopped. We all know this. About that event that took place with prophet Muhammad, Hash must have simply been misinformed. Nothing more.

Hash appears to have realised for the most part where has gone wrong. Now it is our duty to help him.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Jewel of LI
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hash, you keep accusing me of being like a UI person or something. Please tell me what I am doing wrong and if you convince me I will stop. I'm serious.

All I'm asking is for good behaviour on the forums! What on earth is wrong with that?!

PLEASE. tell me. SPECIFICALLY. What am I doing wrong by asking you to be polite?

chat Quote

Link's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

anyone who supports the state of israel has left the bounds of humanity,

they are murderers and think they have the right of doing so, how can a muslim be not enraged with such people? how can anyone with any sense of humanity not be enraged with such people?

they are disease on the earth and to the muslim umma
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

anyone who supports the state of palestine has left the bounds of humanity,

they are murderers and think they have the right of doing so, how can a human be not enraged with such people? how can anyone with any sense of morals not be enraged with such people?

they are disease on the earth and to humanity
    Oh, how one can point fingers so easily while ignoring what his own brothers do.

My alteration of your quote shows that just as much as your original quote did.

سلام - שלום
    chat Quote

Link's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by yoshiyahu
    Oh, how one can point fingers so easily while ignoring what his own brothers do.

My alteration of your quote shows that just as much as your original quote did.
    My brothers are defending themselves, Israelis are the oppressors, no different that hitler
    Last edited by Ansar Al-'Adl; 03-28-2005 at 07:59 PM.
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

My brothers are defending themselves, Israelis are the oppressors, no different that hitler
    Is that so? Is blowing yourself up a form of defense?

And tell me, what about the hundreds of thousands of Jews (and their millions of descendants) who fled from the Arab countries for their lives?

سلام - שלום
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Israeli Textbooks Incite Racism, Hatred Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Israeli Textbooks Incite Racism, Hatred