× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 41 visibility 5650

*!* DUBAI: Must see Evolution *!*

Khayal's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Arrow *!* DUBAI: Must see Evolution *!*

Report bad ads?

From another forum...

Enjoy!!!

Dubai in 1990 prior to the craziness
    ssui3 - *!* DUBAI: Must see Evolution *!*

The same street in 2003
    aafo9 - *!* DUBAI: Must see Evolution *!*

Last year
    efsly7 - *!* DUBAI: Must see Evolution *!*

The madness. Dubai is said to currently have 15-25% of all the world's cranes.
    3dsqt4 - *!* DUBAI: Must see Evolution *!*

The Dubai Waterfront. When completed it will become the largest waterfront development in the world.
    4tdfsqo9 - *!* DUBAI: Must see Evolution *!*

All of this was built in the last 5 years, including that island that looks like a palm tree.
    4wdfkw8 - *!* DUBAI: Must see Evolution *!*

The Palm Islands in Dubai. New Dutch dredging technology was used to create these massive man made islands. They are the largest artificial islands in the world and can be seen from space. Three of these Palms will be made with the last one being the largest of them all.
    3rwedd3 - *!* DUBAI: Must see Evolution *!*

Upon completion, the resort will have 2,000 villas, 40 luxury hotels, shopping centers, movie theaters, and many other facilities. It is expected to support a population of approximately 500,000 people. It is advertised as being visible from the moon.
    4wdfgmi4 - *!* DUBAI: Must see Evolution *!*

The World Islands. 300 artificially created islands in the shape of the world. Each island will have an estimated cost of $25-30 million.
    asrjy2 - *!* DUBAI: Must see Evolution *!*

The Burj al-Arab hotel in Dubai. The worlds tallest hotel. Considered the only '7 star' hotel and the most luxurious hotel in the world. It stands on an artificial island in the sea.
    34r5dtj7 - *!* DUBAI: Must see Evolution *!*

Hydropolis, the world's first underwater hotel. Entirely built in Germany and then assembled in Dubai, it is scheduled to be completed by 2009 after many delays.
    df4qk4 - *!* DUBAI: Must see Evolution *!*

The Burj Dubai. Construction began in 2005 and is expected to be complete by 2008. At an estimated height of over 800 meters, it will easily be world's tallest building when finished. It will be almost 40% taller than the the current tallest building, the Taipei 101.
    34smb7 - *!* DUBAI: Must see Evolution *!*

This is what downtown Dubai will look like around 2008-2009. More than 140 stories of the Burj Dubai have already been completed. It is already the worlds tallest man made structure and it is still not scheduled to be completed for at least another year.
    dwsayv3 - *!* DUBAI: Must see Evolution *!*

The Al Burj. This will be the centerpiece of the Dubai Waterfront. Once completed it will take over the title of the tallest structure in the world from the Burj Dubai.
    45rsew5 - *!* DUBAI: Must see Evolution *!*

Recently it was announced that the final height of this tower will be 1200 meters. That would make it more than 30% taller than the Burj Dubai and three times as tall as the Empire State Building.
    This is a city on crack.
    df2sbr0 - *!* DUBAI: Must see Evolution *!*

The Burj al Alam, or The World Tower. Upon completion it will rank as the world's highest hotel. It is expected to be finished by 2009. At 480 meters it will only be 28 meters shorter than the Taipei 101.
    df2saui0 - *!* DUBAI: Must see Evolution *!*

The Trump International Hotel & Tower, which will be the centerpiece of one of the palm islands, The Palm Jumeirah.
    r2epf3 - *!* DUBAI: Must see Evolution *!*

Dubailand. Currently, the largest amusement park collection in the world is Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, which is also the largest single-site employer in the United states with 58,000 employees. Dubailand will be twice the size.
    4wsco2 - *!* DUBAI: Must see Evolution *!*
    2ssgp1 - *!* DUBAI: Must see Evolution *!*

Dubailand will be built on 3 billion square feet (107 miles^2) at an estimated $20 billion price tag. The site will include a purported 45 mega projects and 200 hundred other smaller projects.
    d3sim2 - *!* DUBAI: Must see Evolution *!*
    4wesrn8 - *!* DUBAI: Must see Evolution *!*

Dubai Sports City. A huge collection of sports arenas located in Dubailand.
    wwki6 - *!* DUBAI: Must see Evolution *!*

Currently, the Walt Disney World Resort is the #1 tourist destination in the world. Once fully completed, Dubailand will easily take over that title since it is expected to attract 200,000 visitors daily.
    23swsr0 - *!* DUBAI: Must see Evolution *!*

The Dubai Marina is an entirely man made development that will contain over 200 highrise buildings when finished. It will be home to some of the tallest residential structures in the world. The completed first phase of the project is shown. Most of the other high rise buildings will be finished by 2009-2010.
    ddsze8 - *!* DUBAI: Must see Evolution *!*

The Dubai Mall will be the largest shopping mall in the world with over 9 million square feet of shopping and around 1000 stores. It will be completed in 2008.
    s34im0 - *!* DUBAI: Must see Evolution *!*

Ski Dubai, which is already open, is the largest indoor skiing facility in the world. This is a rendered image of another future indoor skiing facility that is being planned.
    4fdqp9 - *!* DUBAI: Must see Evolution *!*

Some of the tallest buildings in the world, such as Ocean Heights and The Princess Tower, which will be the largest residential building in the world at over a 100 stories, will line the Dubai Marina.
    42dep9 - *!* DUBAI: Must see Evolution *!*

The UAE Spaceport would be the first spaceport in the world if construction ever gets under way. I'm not joking...
    342ssg0 - *!* DUBAI: Must see Evolution *!*

Some other other crazy .....
    - The Dubai Metro system, once completed, will become the largest fully automated rail system in the world.
    - The Dubai World Central International Airport will become the largest airport in size when it is completed. It will also eventually become the busiest airport in the world, based on passenger volume.
    - There are more construction workers in Dubai than there are actual citizens.

Even a Smile is charity!

Indiana20singingJPG 1 - *!* DUBAI: Must see Evolution *!*

khayal 2 - *!* DUBAI: Must see Evolution *!*

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Mikayeel's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: *!* DUBAI: Must see Evolution *!*

Wa alekum alsalaam!

What oil can do to a country pffff mashAllah!

wwwislamicboardcom - *!* DUBAI: Must see Evolution *!*
    chat Quote

MaiCarInMtl's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

And meanwhile countless people starve to death every day. At least the money that could've saved them went to a much better cause, right?! *sarcastic*
    chat Quote

Souljette's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Souljette Of Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

B.S.....i keep hatin it..wht are they doin to this country..they jst wanna b the best in evrtyhng..i live in Dubai..their killin the ppl who live here..and mannn cranes everywhere...whtever happened to natural beauty..i mean everywhere buildings nd buildings..it feels so tight..Burj dubai's almst done..Ski dubai is already dere dint go dere..like all tht money culd go sumwhere else bt where are they givin it..to dese buildings ...

“The believers in their mutual kindness, compassion and sympathy are just like one body. When one of the limbs is afflicted, the whole body responds to it with sleeplessness and fever”.

www.souljette.wordpress.com
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    *~Sofia~*'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salams,

I hate to say it but it all looks soo beautiful!! But like the sister above just said.. the money could save millions of lives and now that would be money well spent! If only eh..

W'salam

Verily,we will indeed make victorious Our Messengers and those who believe, in this worlds life and on the day of Resurrection (40:51)
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    subhanAllah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

"the highest", "the tallest", "the first".... that's all they care about. Making records. With, as MaiCar said, people all over the world starving. Allah is testing them with this wealth, seeing what they will do with it. I don't think they're passing the test so far.

" Barefooted shepherds will compete in owning tall buildings "
    Judgement day is coming closer...

alhamdullilah.
    chat Quote

Khayal's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I agree with everybody...

Even a Smile is charity!

Indiana20singingJPG 1 - *!* DUBAI: Must see Evolution *!*

khayal 2 - *!* DUBAI: Must see Evolution *!*

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Awaiting email confirmation
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Souljette View Post
    B.S.....i keep hatin it..wht are they doin to this country..they jst wanna b the best in evrtyhng..i live in Dubai..their killin the ppl who live here..and mannn cranes everywhere...whtever happened to natural beauty..i mean everywhere buildings nd buildings..it feels so tight..Burj dubai's almst done..Ski dubai is already dere dint go dere..like all tht money culd go sumwhere else bt where are they givin it..to dese buildings ...
    true!
    chat Quote

The_Prince's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Mars, where they located the ice, it was my freezer where i keep the fish
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i dont see why everyone has to be so negative? im not from UAE but i grew up there and you know yes UAE is corrupt and has lots of bad things, i know this my own experiances etc etc.

but now forgetting that, what dubai is doing in terms of building the tallest buildings, man made islands etc etc, there is nothing wrong with this, why everyone has to be so negative on it? its like dubai is in a lose-lose situation no matter what.

when they move forward doing all these amazing projects you have westerners nagging because of their racism they have deep in them, yet if dubai does nothing and instead wants to live in tents these same westerners will be saying look at Muslims! they never want to move forward! dubai is now moving forward in huge ways and their still not happy!

now many Muslims are also complaining about dubai, yes they can give so much money to poor etc etc, well last i checked THEY ARE DOING THAT, i suggest most of you go learn how much charity the UAE has given, how much more you want them to give? you want them to keep giving until their bankrupt themselves? if you wont do that why the HE** do you expect dubai or the UAE to do this?

the fact is this, western attacks of dubai stem from racism, muslim attacks on dubai stem from jelousy, plane and simple, and i repeat im not from UAE or dubai.

bla bla bla dubai mistreats their workers, name me one country that doesnt? bla bla bla dubai has corruption, name me one country that doesnt?
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Heera Singh's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Sikhism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i don't think anybody is speaking against 'advancement'... but having a place which is in a very comfortable position such as dubai, a country which is EXCEEDINGLY wealthy, people are commenting that the money could be used better to help the poor and the needy... i also agree..

i'm not sayin that it doesn't all look amazing.. because it does... but... is there really a need for all this? the place can be beautiful without spending as much, and also have some of the funds going towards helping those that don't have a means..

there should be balance..

DMn gurU nwnk <> DMn gurU nwnk <> DMn gurU nwnk <> DMn gurU nwnk

vwihgurU <> vwihgurU <> vwihgurU <> vwihgurU <> vwihgurU
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    subhanAllah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I don't hate the UAE, I lived there (in abu dhabi) for 4 years and I loved it. I'm probably moving to Dubai/Sharjah in a year or so, and I can't wait. It's just all the money spent just to boast about their breaking world records that I find utterly stupid.

alhamdullilah.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by crayon View Post
    I don't hate the UAE, I lived there (in abu dhabi) for 4 years and I loved it. I'm probably moving to Dubai/Sharjah in a year or so, and I can't wait. It's just all the money spent just to boast about their breaking world records that I find utterly stupid.
    yes, but the reason they boast alot is because they want to show the world that muslims are moving forward, they want to make UAE number one, so that a muslim country will be number one. this is all due to western racism and hate on the Muslim world that pushes dubai to do all this to make sure they have all the best records etc etc.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    subhanAllah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince View Post
    yes, but the reason they boast alot is because they want to show the world that muslims are moving forward, they want to make UAE number one, so that a muslim country will be number one. this is all due to western racism and hate on the Muslim world that pushes dubai to do all this to make sure they have all the best records etc etc.
    Why do you always feel the need to blame the west for everything? Dubai builds buildings and boasts about them because it wants to be the "best". Not because it wants a muslim country to be number one, and certainly not because there's "western racism and hate". What on earth does that even have to do with anything?

alhamdullilah.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by crayon View Post
    Why do you always feel the need to blame the west for everything? Dubai builds buildings and boasts about them because it wants to be the "best". Not because it wants a muslim country to be number one, and certainly not because there's "western racism and hate". What on earth does that even have to do with anything?
    well because i know ppl who happen to be involved in these mega projects, and even the ruler of dubai said it himself.

and why i blame the west for everything? because they are responsible for every single bad thing in the mid-east, paranoia? nop, i have the proof to back it up. EVERY SINGLE BAD THING that happened in the mid-east in the last 150 years is thanks to the lovely west. and i repeat, EVERY SINGLE BAD THING is because of them, EVERYTHING.

you name it and you will find the western hand behind it.

but i repeat again, dubai is going for number one for Muslim and Arab pride, and i support them all the way, as sheikh Mohammad said, if new york can have it, why cant we?
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Danah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    protectedpearls.com
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I dont know how far they still can go !!

Visit my website
    ProtectedPearls.com

Your way to find the truth

Follow us on:

YouTube
    Twitter
    Facebook

chat Quote

Aaliyah~'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

wow!!!
    Dubais is definately going places and i agree with the Prince why can't they make the best of everything?

they may or may not be doing it to promote an Islamic state to the west, but promote it does.
    i can only think of Dubai (or more broadly the UA)E who the western media do not accuse of something or other because its a pre-dominantly Muslim.
    i went there last year and it really is beautiful.
    only thing that bugs id the heat!
    maybe they can built an artificial climate control thing...!:P
    chat Quote

muslima1's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I agree it is beautiful but if Allah has given you wealth why use it stuff like this these buildings won't last forever so why not use the money on something that will benefit you aswell as others who are in need of it. So mich money has gone into the making of these buildings imagine if it was to go to the needi instead how better off they would and how much reward the person would get for giving it to them. It will help people in this world and also help the person who gave the wealth the hereafter.

All this competing of tallest buildings is a sign of qiyamah so a muslim country really be taking part in it, it shows how close judgement day is.

chat Quote

Dr.Trax's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by muslima1 View Post

I agree it is beautiful but if Allah has given you wealth why use it stuff like this these buildings won't last forever so why not use the money on something that will benefit you aswell as others who are in need of it. So mich money has gone into the making of these buildings imagine if it was to go to the needi instead how better off they would and how much reward the person would get for giving it to them. It will help people in this world and also help the person who gave the wealth the hereafter.

All this competing of tallest buildings is a sign of qiyamah so a muslim country really be taking part in it, it shows how close judgement day is.

I agree with you!

What are they thinking?They think that those "number one" things that have been build will last forever?One day the westerners will have much better things than Dubai,and..???
    And when the oil one day is gone, what will they do?
    They will wait for their money from tourism!??? I think NO!
    After a few decades it will have no tourism!
    And Dubai one day will be an old city that was once before.
    The best thing is to build a lots of manufactories,that will produce something valuable,machineries,cars and...............!
    Then all people can get works,and everyone will have money.....there will be no poor people!!!

It is ok to build buildings but not so much!!!

Let the world see that Muslims are not just capable for building tourism,but also the ummah that our prophet(SAW) wanted to be!!!

And why you are using this word: EVOLUTION for the topic?This is not evolution!

wasalam!:smile:
    Last edited by Dr.Trax; 02-28-2008 at 10:47 PM.

wwwislamicboardcom - *!* DUBAI: Must see Evolution *!*
    He is Allah - the Creator, the Maker, the Giver of Form. To Him belong the Most Beautiful Names. Everything in the heavens and Earth glorifies Him. He is the Almighty, the All-Wise.
    (Qur'an, 59:24)

greatest 1 - *!* DUBAI: Must see Evolution *!*
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Abu Dhabi: President His Highness Shaikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan has ordered the transfer of $50 million to the Palestinian national budget, as pledged by the UAE during the International Donors Conference, held in Paris in December.

Shaikh Khalifa also directed the authorities to allocate $250 million to finance several projects in the Palestinian territories.

http://gulfnews.com/nation/Government/10193689.html
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    ABWAN's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Looking at the pictures, it makes me wonder, how many times do we need to hear about cities like A'd and Thamud before we realize the magnitude of what eventually happened to them (and what would happen to us if we follow the same)!!!

And to see this happen in a muslim land where they recite the same Quran, all I can say is SubhanAllah.

format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince View Post
    well because i know ppl who happen to be involved in these mega projects, and even the ruler of dubai said it himself.

and why i blame the west for everything? because they are responsible for every single bad thing in the mid-east, paranoia? nop, i have the proof to back it up. EVERY SINGLE BAD THING that happened in the mid-east in the last 150 years is thanks to the lovely west. and i repeat, EVERY SINGLE BAD THING is because of them, EVERYTHING.

you name it and you will find the western hand behind it.

but i repeat again, dubai is going for number one for Muslim and Arab pride, and i support them all the way, as sheikh Mohammad said, if new york can have it, why cant we?
    Sorry to burst the bubble, but I dont think the "west" could have done anything without the permission of the wealthy arabs living there. By all means its the sheikhs who are pouring in the money and inviting the westerners to their lands!

And I would disagree with your comment that they are trying to show the muslim pride. How on earth can they use the western technology and expertise and boast of it? While the muslims in the middle east arent even getting enough education, whats the point of boasting about muslim pride? I dont see the point of having a trump building in the middle of a muslim land and call it "muslim pride".

If they indeed wanted to show off muslim advancements, why on earth are they inviting haraam things like alcohol in their lands? Shouldnt *everything* be islamic and halal? Why would they want Beckam to buy a house there, when they could very well invite the suffering muslims from other parts of the world?

Bottom line is UAE (and its rulers) know that they will run out of oil wealth in a matter of 15 years. Once that is gone, UAE is worth nothing. Thats the reason they are building a tourist industry. If that is islamic and something to be proud about for muslims, then I rest my case.
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! *!* DUBAI: Must see Evolution *!* Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. *!* DUBAI: Must see Evolution *!*