× Register Login What's New! Contact us

View Poll Results: Are you happy with your emaan?

Voters
53. Login to vote on this poll
  • It's the best it's ever been masha Allaah

8 15.09%
  • It's not the best, but i'm happy

4 7.55%
  • It could do with a bit of work

9 16.98%
  • It could do with A LOT of work

28 52.83%
  • other...

4 7.55%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 42 visibility 6857

Are you happy with your emaan?

Umu 'Isa's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    ام عيسى و خطاب
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

I'm just wondering how many of us are happy with our emaan at the moment.

Please state why, or why not insha Allaah
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Amat Allah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Slave of Allah
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Are you happy with your emaan?

Asalamo Alikom

I am soo happy with my emaan my dear sister because every time I feel like I am closer and closer to my Lord Allah and inshaa Allah I will make it better with Allah`s assistance inshaa Allah...

may Allah make our emaan stronger and stronger with his guidance and reward us all with Al Jannah ......

Ameeeeeeeeeen
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    ام عيسى و خطاب
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

masha Allaah wa'lhamdulillah sis.

Ameen to your du'a! Jazaki Allaah khayr for replying
    chat Quote

adeeb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

this is the best i have.. i feel so peaceful inside and feel better and better..

by read quran and hadeeth, we will realize that we are creation and we will be back to our creator someday, insha Allah

Everything I Do, I DO for You, Allah!

Unable to deny the truth...
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Mikayeel's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

My emaan is not stable at the moment, not consistent enough. Alhamduliah I do all my prayers even when its low nd high.

I need to find the right balance, soon than later!

wwwislamicboardcom - Are you happy with your emaan?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    subhanAllah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I have ups and downs... I've been in a trench for a while now.

alhamdullilah.
    chat Quote

Huma*'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

yup, 100% I am proud of it... yet I feel there is a lot that I have to learn and to explore.
    chat Quote

IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

make dua' for me, i miss my high emaan....
    Last edited by IbnAbdulHakim; 04-11-2008 at 09:41 AM.

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -
    chat Quote

Ummu Sufyaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    is in need of dua
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

at the moment, its suffering, and suffering bad! god help me!

...desperate for husnul-khitaam...

please make dua that Allah grants me a good end (to my life). please make dua that Allah guides me.

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    ام عيسى و خطاب
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

jazakum Allaah khayr for your responses

People that are happy with their emaan, do you have any tips for the ones that are struggling?
    chat Quote

Snowflake's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

alhumdulillah, I'm satisfied that it's better than it's ever been, but I'm still not happy in the sense that I want it to be even deeper, stronger, and higher than it is right now. I want to be able to wake up in the dead of night and pray tahajjud, memorize the Quran or at least some lengthy surahs, physically be able to give dawah in my neighbourhood/area, increase my knowledge of the deen, be able to help people in general and I especially want to leave some form of sadka jariah behind me to benefit me in the next life, inshaAllah. I want to be the kind of person whom people will talk good of even when I'm not here anymore. InshaAllah. Until then how can I say I am truly happy right now?
    chat Quote

Danah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    protectedpearls.com
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I need a little bit to do my best
    may allah help me tp improve my emman in sha allah

Visit my website
    ProtectedPearls.com

Your way to find the truth

Follow us on:

YouTube
    Twitter
    Facebook

chat Quote

Ummu Sufyaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    is in need of dua
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Umu 'Isa View Post

People that are happy with their emaan, do you have any tips for the ones that are struggling?
    even though i am one who isnt happry with their iman, im still going to say to those who are struggling, DONT WASTE TIME!
    Last edited by Ummu Sufyaan; 04-11-2008 at 11:23 AM.

...desperate for husnul-khitaam...

please make dua that Allah grants me a good end (to my life). please make dua that Allah guides me.

chat Quote

Al-Zaara's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    made of awesome.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Selam aleykum,

I must say I cannot imagine I will ever be able to say I am happy with the stage my Emaan is in. To be happy with it, I should attain something I know only few Muslims have gained by the will of Allah and I know I'm merely a regular being, so no, I am not able to say I will ever be happy.

Yet I am satisifed that I at least have faith and that my Emaan causes me to repent and fear Allah, wear hijab and keep away from many sins. Elhamdulillah. So yes, I am satisfied and as many I too have ups and downs. Momentally, I do feel down. Laziness has taken a hard grip on me and it has devestating results for my Emaan. But inshaAllah, I won't give up.

What often freshes me up is actually to make wudhu. I know it may sound weird and too little done to some, but I like to do wudhu as often as I can, even though the prayer time is not near. The water is cooling and it's like a time-out from everything. I take deep breaths and just clear my mind. At the same time as I make wudhu, I am sooo grateful that I have access to water anytime and it makes me humble inside and I am able to see things through the right perspectives.

These are the little things in life that have an huge impact on you.

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis View Post
    I want to be the kind of person whom people will talk good of even when I'm not here anymore. InshaAllah. Until then how can I say I am truly happy right now?
    MashaAllah, those are wonderful aspirations you've got sister, keep striving to achieve them!

I quoted this part of your post 'cause it reminded me of a quote and thought, maybe I should put it here, for people to remember:

He who wishes that people always remember him with goodness is neither God-fearing or sincere. - Shaykh Ibrahim ibn Adham

---

One must be satisifed in one's situation so that we won't seem ungrateful but at the same time feel the need to do better, knowing one can do better which inspires and strengthens us, inshaAllah.
    Last edited by Al-Zaara; 04-11-2008 at 10:57 AM.

If only I had checked myself
    Guy who wrecked himself

True leaders don't create followers...
    .... They create new leaders.
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Umu 'Isa View Post

Tip 1
    the best way to increase our imaan is not just to desire it but to physically do things that help e.g. one nite I decided my bedtime read would be a book on the virtues of certain surahs. It helped my imaan in the way that, that night I read Surah Yasin before I slept and then decided to do it after Fajr too.

Tip 2
    read the Quran with understanding (translation) You can't help but feel closer to Allah.

Tip 3
    Don't give up salah. Even when you don't feel like it, remember you've got lots to be thankful to your Lord for, so remind yourself that He deserve to be worshipped for all the blessings He's given you. It really helps create the mood for praying.

Tip 4
    Slam on the breaks! When you're tempted to talk about someone behind their back or do whatever else that's wrong, remember Allah is watching you and you're being recorded. You'd slow down if you were speeding in a car and spotted a speed camera. Only this case you gotta apply the emergency brakes and stop before you crash head-on into sin.

Tip 5
    Later....
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

[QUOTE]
    format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara View Post
    Selam aleykum,

I must say I cannot imagine I will ever be able to say I am happy with the stage my Emaan is in. To be happy with it, I should attain something I know only few Muslims have gained by the will of Allah and I know I'm merely a regular being, so no, I am not able to say I will ever be happy.

Yet I am satisifed that I at least have faith and that my Emaan causes me to repent and fear Allah, wear hijab and keep away from many sins. Elhamdulillah. So yes, I am satisfied and as many I too have ups and downs. Momentally, I do feel down. Laziness has taken a hard grip on me and it has devestating results for my Emaan. But inshaAllah, I won't give up.

What often freshes me up is actually to make wudhu. I know it may sound weird and too little done to some, but I like to do wudhu as often as I can, even though the prayer time is not near. The water is cooling and it's like a time-out from everything. I take deep breaths and just clear my mind. At the same time as I make wudhu, I am sooo grateful that I have access to water anytime and it makes me humble inside and I am able to see things through the right perspectives.

These are the little things in life that have an huge impact on you.
    MashaAllah....mashaAllah sis.. & the water part, actually my every belonging and convenience makes me grateful to Allah. My comfy bed? What a blessing alhumdulillah when there are people in the world sleeping on hard ground without a shred of cloth to cover them with :'( how can we not show gratitude to our Lord.

MashaAllah, those are wonderful aspirations you've got sister, keep striving to achieve them
    jzk Allah khair sis. InshaAllah. I pray Allah helps us all to achieve His pleasure. Ameen.

I quoted this part of your post 'cause it reminded me of a quote and thought, maybe I should put it here, for people to remember:

He who wishes that people always remember him with goodness is neither God-fearing or sincere. - Shaykh Ibrahim ibn Adham
    seriously that's got me worried. How can that be? I mean how is it bad if we want people to remember us with good words after we are dead?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    made of awesome.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

[quote=Muslimah_Sis;926360]
    MashaAllah....mashaAllah sis.. & the water part, actually my every belonging and convenience makes me grateful to Allah. My comfy bed? What a blessing alhumdulillah when there are people in the world sleeping on hard ground without a shred of cloth to cover them with :'( how can we not show gratitude to our Lord.
    SubhanAllah, that's what I so often think. It's so ridiclous I feel sometimes like crying. An friend of mine, who is soooo good at school, her grades are TOP and she goes to me: "I wish school was over. I wish I'd get over these ridiclous things, while we stress her for an exam millions of others stress for their life. This is so ridicilous." And I had to agree, and elhamdulillah, my exam went well yet I had no worry for the others anymore.

I got again reminded that they cannot kill me. lol

jzk Allah khair sis. InshaAllah. I pray Allah helps us all to achieve His pleasure. Ameen.
    We iyyaki, sis! Amiin inshaAllah!!

seriously that's got me worried. How can that be? I mean how is it bad if we want people to remeber us with good words after we are dead?
    No no, it is not bad to. Yet people go to extremes, thinking they'll be remembered with only good and also, the good you may have done isn't necessarily good in others eyes, that is why there is no need to worry about what people think of you, rather what Allah thinks of you. The quote did say "always". You cannot wish for that, it's almost impossible, none of us is without errors and people will remember those, sometimes better than the good you've done.

Guy who wrecked himself

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

[QUOTE]Al-Zaara;926362]
    format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis View Post

SubhanAllah, that's what I so often think. It's so ridiclous I feel sometimes like crying. An friend of mine, who is soooo good at school, her grades are TOP and she goes to me: "I wish school was over. I wish I'd get over these ridiclous things, while we stress her for an exam millions of others stress for their life. This is so ridicilous." And I had to agree, and elhamdulillah, my exam went well yet I had no worry for the others anymore.

I got again reminded that they cannot kill me. lol
    lol mashaAllah so true

No no, it is not bad to. Yet people go to extremes, thinking they'll be remembered with only good and also, the good you may have done isn't necessarily good in others eyes, that is why there is no need to worry about what people think of you, rather what Allah thinks of you. The quote did say "always". You cannot wish for that, it's almost impossible, none of us is without errors and people will remember those, sometimes better than the good you've done
    oh lol.. phewwwwwwww! astaghfirullah I agree with ya sis. I wanna be remembered in good words so that whatever good I did will be an inspiration to others and so that Allah will be pleased with me in turn. That's ok yeah? lol
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    made of awesome.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

[quote=Muslimah_Sis;926364]
    Al-Zaara;926362]
    lol mashaAllah so true

oh lol.. phewwwwwwww! astaghfirullah I agree with ya sis. I wanna be remembered in good words so that whatever good I did will be an inspiration to others and so that Allah will be pleased with me in turn. That's ok yeah? lol
    Yes definitely. MashaAllah!

Guy who wrecked himself

chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

alhumdulillah!
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Are you happy with your emaan? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Are you happy with your emaan?