× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 8 of 8 visibility 1968

Use left ear when answering the mobile...

syilla's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    save $ 4 hajj
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

mobile 1 - Use left ear when answering the mobile...

Please use left ear while using cell (mobile), because if you use the right one it will affect
    brain directly. This is a true fact from Apollo medical team.

Whats the different between right ear and left ear? can anyone care to explain it to me?
    Last edited by syilla; 04-17-2008 at 01:47 AM.

heart 1 - Use left ear when answering the mobile...

25:36 And the true servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk the earth with humility and when the ignorant address them, they respond with words of peace.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Use left ear when answering the mobile...

got any other sources?

i remember them boiling an egg with two cell phones right next to each other. (of course they have to have the phones miswired and on for hours but hey...
    (snopes as i recall)
    Last edited by ranma1/2; 04-17-2008 at 02:00 AM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    save $ 4 hajj
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

lol...i got this from the hoax slayer site

source

Commentary:
    I first began receiving submissions about this factually dubious "health warning" message in late 2005. The warning, which travels via email, blogs and online forum posts, claims that mobile phone users should only use the left ear for making calls, supposedly to lessen the effects of exposure to cell phone radiation. The message attempts to convince readers that using the right ear for mobile calls can directly damage the brain and it is therefore wiser to favour the left ear. Like other such warnings, the message does not include any external references to support its claims.

Not surprisingly, I have found no evidence to confirm the claims outlined in the message. The message includes a diagrammatical image apparently intended to add a degree of credibility to the information. Ironically however, the diagram has no direct relevance to the spurious claim that using the left ear is preferable to using the right. Although the subject matter of this infographic does relate to possible dangers from mobile phone radiation, a closer examination reveals that it makes no reference at all to using the left ear in preference to the right.

A small amount of web research based on the source information included on the graphic revealed that it was first published in June 2002 by the Graphics News website. The diagram simply summarizes in graphical form the findings of a study (see reference list for for pdf link) by scientists at Finland's Radiation and Nuclear Safety Authority. A 2002 BBC news report offers more information about this study. The report notes that:
    Scientists from the Radiation and Nuclear Safety Authority found that exposing human cells to mobile phone radiation damaged the blood-brain barrier - a safety barrier in the body that stops harmful substances in blood from entering the brain.
    However, the report makes clear that the tests were carried out on human cells under precise laboratory conditions and at the time the report was published it was not known if the findings actually equated to genuine health concerns for phone users. Moreover, neither the Radiation and Nuclear Safety Authority study nor the BBC report mention anything about which ear, if any, is the safest to use.

Almost since the invention of the devices, there has been a long running debate about the possible health effects of mobile phone use. A number of reports have raised authentic concerns about possible health risks from mobile phone radiation. However, no credible information that I have seen mentions any correlation between increased health risks and the habitual use of the right ear for mobile calls.

The message claims that the information is "a true fact from Apollo medical team" (as opposed, apparently, to a "false fact" ). However, I could find no information about an "Apollo medical team" other than references to the hoax message itself. If the information in the message had any validity, then the group that conducted the research would undoubtedly have published its findings via credible media such as scientific journals and medical websites. Thus, if the "Apollo medical team" was a real entity that actually did conduct a study about mobile phone radiation, then research should reveal at least some information about the team and its work. I suspect that the "Apollo medical team" reference was added to falsely imply some measure of endorsement from the Apollo Hospitals Group in India.

This message possibly originated as some foolish individual's idea of a prank. Or, as with many other hoaxes, it may have been a deliberate attempt to spread misinformation and unnecessarily raise fear and alarm. Whatever the reason, it seems obvious that the perpetrator has used a blatant falsehood as the core claim in the message and then made a rather lame attempt to back it up by tacking on unrelated information stolen from another source.

Thus, forwarding this misleading "warning" message will serve no useful purpose. While there are real concerns about possible health risks related to mobile phone use, there is no evidence to suggest that using the left ear will in any way decrease such risks.
    Last edited by syilla; 04-17-2008 at 01:55 AM.

25:36 And the true servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk the earth with humility and when the ignorant address them, they respond with words of peace.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

ah snopes wins again. well hoax slayer at least...
    I was just googling left ear hoax cell phone when i came back to post it and you already had.

Now my question, where you being sneaky on purpose?
    Last edited by ranma1/2; 04-17-2008 at 02:08 AM.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    save $ 4 hajj
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

nah...i was just curious and confused what is the difference between right ear and left ear...

In malay however, we frequently seems to use an old proverb "go through right ear and went out through the left ear" -( means you're not actually listening). i thought maybe there is a scientific fact in it...

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

the left ear, right ear bit is what immediately made me suspect.
    chat Quote

Tania's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

"Our left and right ears process sound differently, according to new research.

When scientists studied babies' hearing they found the left ear was more attuned to music and the right better at picking up speech-like sounds."
    Source

According with that we should use the right ear, no
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I use left anyway lol
    chat Quote

11. Hide
Hey there! Use left ear when answering the mobile... Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Use left ear when answering the mobile...