• No

3 25.00%
  • I don't know

3 25.00%
Results 1 to 14 of 14 visibility 2860

"Ask me about Islam" T-shirt

brightness_1
    subhanAllah
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

So I was watching this program on tv the other day, and they were talking about the different kinds of da'wah. There was a story mentioned about a brother in the states who wore a t-shirt with the words "ask me about islam" written on the back. He would just be walking through the city, and people would stop him and ask him any questions they had. And it didn't even have to be to convince them that islam is the truth, just clearing up any misconceptions they had was great.

Personally, I loved the idea, and would definitely do it if I could. I don't know how keen my parents would be on the idea of me talking to random strangers, but it's for a good cause, I guess.

Would you ever wear a shirt like this?

alhamdullilah.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Muezzin's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: "Ask me about Islam" T-shirt

I wouldn't wear one in a neighbourhood full of knife-wielding skinheads. I may be crazy, but I ain't that crazy.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    subhanAllah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Haha, didn't even think of it like that... I guess that's what living in muslim countries for so long does to you..
    Nahh, but in general it's not that bad, is it?...

alhamdullilah.
    chat Quote

Muezzin's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Not at all. It seems quite a good idea.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Ali.'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hmm...

Well, I'd probably wear one in a country/town I don't live in if I'd gained enough knowledge of Islam to take such a big step, because you know what people you know can be like if they saw in in public doing something they've never seen before:

"Ohmhgosh! I saw you yesterday heehee!"

Should I seek a source of law other than God, when it is He Who has sent down unto you the Book (Qur'an) fully explained? And those whom We have given them the Book know that it has been sent down from the Lord with truth, so be not of those in doubt.
    {6:114}

الصبر
    و
    العلم
    chat Quote

Mikayeel's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hmm I really don't know, in a city like cardiff were people are friendly!, I once seen dis guy who had a board saying ''Free hugs'' loool, So if he can do it! I can do it to!
    Last edited by Mikayeel; 04-19-2008 at 09:28 PM.

wwwislamicboardcom - "Ask me about Islam" T-shirt
    chat Quote

FatimaAsSideqah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Little Aminah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Quite a good idea!

You are the best of people raised up, for you call to all that is right and righteous and you forbid the evil, and you believe in Allah. [Qur'an 3:110]

Also, keep in mind while talking with people and answering their questions, sometimes "questions" contain misinformation. We must qualify what it is that someone is saying against what they mean.

Take special care in offer your answers. Keep your replies simple and to the point. Do not wander from subject to subject while answering a question.

Another important point is to remember that patience is an important part of the character of the Muslim and that you must not become angry or outraged at what people say to you or by the quesitons that they are asking. If you feel that it is too much for you to deal with, then simply walk away.

Also, don't try to be funny or sarcastic. This is distracting and not appropriate. Very often while giving the answer, we hear the person we are talking to saying something like, "I didn't know that." Or they might say, "This is actually something good." When this occurs we ask them, "Are you ready to rethink your position? Are you prepared to worship your God and your Lord without and partners?"

After all, isn't this what Islam is really all about? The most important subject is the worship of Almighty God, without any partners or associates or "gods" besides Almighty God.
    chat Quote

truemuslim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    same as tupac........beneath u. under the dirt. lost inside the earth. left the spark 4 u, nd left
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Hamada View Post
    Hmm I really don't, in a city like cardiff were people are friendly!, I once seen dis guy who had a board saying ''Free hugs'' loool, So if he can do it! I can do it to!
    LOL free hugs hehe. i see shirts like that but i havent seen no one actually buy it...

@ topic
    lol i might. if i could... just not here. same reason as ali. said (and LOOOL) , and also because theres a law thing here in ohio that ur allowed to hold guns....for "self defense" ...so ...its basically like suicide. just them knowing im muslim..lol. some are nice. but others stare like i have bombs under my hijab, and when my brother looks at them they glance away like theyr scared as hell, he says white people get scared too easily... most are nice tho so its worth it.

almost....
    chat Quote

S_87's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Maryams Mommy
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

No i would not

Our Lord! Verily, we have heard the call of one calling to Faith: 'Believe in your Lord,' and we have believed.
    Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and expiate from us our evil deeds, and make us die (in the state of righteousness) along with Al-Abrar
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Na7lah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Proud LI Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I wouldn’t either don’t think I’d feel comfortable with all these strangers comin up to me.

Learn silence as you have learned speech.
    Speech will guide you, and silence will protect you.
    chat Quote

Khayal's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Why not? I would like to wear it, but I can't, the reason being that I don't wear these type of clothes... why should I wear such kufrana clothes, when i have my Islamic modest dress?..I am proud of already representing myself as a muslim, Alhamdulilah. It is a good idea though.

Even a Smile is charity!

Indiana20singingJPG 1 - "Ask me about Islam" T-shirt

khayal 2 - "Ask me about Islam" T-shirt

chat Quote

Malaikah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Swimming with thermus aquaticus in Yellowstone National Park
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by RighteousLady View Post
    Also, don't try to be funny

I don't see what's wrong with a little humour, if it helps break the ice.

wwwislamicboardcom - "Ask me about Islam" T-shirt
    chat Quote

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Never had interest in passing da3wah to people.. I think it is a privilege being a Muslim, exclusive to a select elite... Hope that doesn't make me a bad person?..

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - "Ask me about Islam" T-shirt

chat Quote

MustafaMc's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

No, I would not. I often see a man with a Christian evangelical placard-type sign at a busy intersection in a nearby city. I have often thought to one day stand on a similar corner with a sign, "There is only One God and Muhammad is His Messenger." In that case, a T-shirt with "Ask me about Islam" would be appropriate.
    chat Quote

18. Hide
Hey there! "Ask me about Islam" T-shirt Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. "Ask me about Islam" T-shirt