× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 46 visibility 7697

Wut do u feel when ur dead?

truemuslim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    same as tupac........beneath u. under the dirt. lost inside the earth. left the spark 4 u, nd left
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Ok this topic has been confusing me.
    You know how they say that when you're dead you can feel, hear, and see (if your eyes are open) everything? The only thing you can't do is talk and move and all.
    So does this mean if you get shot on your head and heart and all and die you will keep feeling the pain the whole time???
    Or when you get blown up you can feel the pain the whole time??
    What about those people who take out all the organs after someone dies??? so the person feels all that??
    Can you really feel it?
    I kno you wouldnt kno coz u would have to be dead but like hadiths or anything?

Jazakallah khair
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Wut do u feel when ur dead?

Greetings,

Confusing? Certainly.

I'm not sure anyone can answer this!

Peace
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    same as tupac........beneath u. under the dirt. lost inside the earth. left the spark 4 u, nd left
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson View Post
    Greetings,

Confusing? Certainly.

I'm not sure anyone can answer this!

Peace
    Salam
    Yeh I know, But maybe some hadiths or something.

Or I can kill you and hope you come back to life then you can tell me all about it...lol im kiddin of course
    Wassalam
    chat Quote

Snowflake's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

No sis, once you're dead, you can't see, hear, feel anything in the physical sense. It is only the soul that will be able to do that. More later.. I'm too sleepy... g'nite.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis View Post
    No sis, once you're dead, you can't see, hear, feel anything in the physical sense. It is only the soul that will be able to do that. More later.. I'm too sleepy... g'nite.

How do you know that? *suspicious look*
    lol
    Yeah thats what some say but some islamic people at schools and stuff say you can so i just wanna get a real...educated, answer here where people are smart.
    ok good night sis.

READ AYAT AL KURSI SO AN ANGEL CAN SIT NEXT TO YOU PROTECTING YOU!!
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

According to Islamic doctrine, between the moment of death and the burial ceremony, the spirit of a deceased Muslim takes a quick journey to Heaven and Hell, where it beholds visions of the bliss and torture awaiting humanity at the end of days.

By the time corpse handlers are ready to wash the body, the spirit returns to earth to observe the preparations for burial and to accompany the procession toward the cemetery. But then, before earth is piled upon the freshly dug grave, an unusual reunion takes place: The spirit returns to dwell within the body.

In the grave, the deceased Muslim - this composite of spirit and corpse - encounters two terrifying angels, Munkar and Nakir, recognized by their bluish faces, their huge teeth and their wild hair.

These angels carry out a trial to probe the soundness of a Muslim's faith. If the dead Muslim answers their questions convincingly and if he has no sin on record, then the grave is transformed into a luxurious space that makes bearable the long wait until the final judgment.

But if a Muslim's faith is imperfect or if he has sinned during life by, for example, failing repeatedly to undertake purity rituals before prayer, then the grave is transformed into an oppressive, constricting space.

The earth begins to weigh down heavily upon the sentient corpse, until the rib cage collapses; worms begin to nibble away at the flesh, causing horrible pain.
    This torture does not continue indefinitely. It occurs intermittently and ends at the very latest with the resurrection - when God may well forgive Muslims who have endured the punishment.

See also:

How death comes
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjwwR...ligion%20agama
    chat Quote

Seri's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Quite scary...um yeah kinda wierd but my aunty just called to let me know to tell my dad that someone has passed away, my dad is at Mosque so i had to call him...happened right after i read this thread
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama View Post
    According to Islamic doctrine, between the moment of death and the burial ceremony, the spirit of a deceased Muslim takes a quick journey to Heaven and Hell, where it beholds visions of the bliss and torture awaiting humanity at the end of days.

By the time corpse handlers are ready to wash the body, the spirit returns to earth to observe the preparations for burial and to accompany the procession toward the cemetery. But then, before earth is piled upon the freshly dug grave, an unusual reunion takes place: The spirit returns to dwell within the body.

In the grave, the deceased Muslim - this composite of spirit and corpse - encounters two terrifying angels, Munkar and Nakir, recognized by their bluish faces, their huge teeth and their wild hair.

These angels carry out a trial to probe the soundness of a Muslim's faith. If the dead Muslim answers their questions convincingly and if he has no sin on record, then the grave is transformed into a luxurious space that makes bearable the long wait until the final judgment.

But if a Muslim's faith is imperfect or if he has sinned during life by, for example, failing repeatedly to undertake purity rituals before prayer, then the grave is transformed into an oppressive, constricting space.

The earth begins to weigh down heavily upon the sentient corpse, until the rib cage collapses; worms begin to nibble away at the flesh, causing horrible pain.
    This torture does not continue indefinitely. It occurs intermittently and ends at the very latest with the resurrection - when God may well forgive Muslims who have endured the punishment.

See also:

How death comes
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjwwR...ligion%20agama
    Oh yeh i read something like that, it said in the grave those angels come and ask u that. and if ur a believer the grave spreads as far as the eye can see and a window of paradise opens, but if ur a non believer or sin the grave closes up and breaks ur ribs (uuugh) and a snake comes and bites u and every bite hits u 70 ft or yards (somthin liek that) into the ground.
    i kno the punishments of the grave tho. ...ew even the ones where they say the angels squish ur head wit a rock or somthing. like theres these sites saying the punishments of not praying, or not fasting, or lying, or backbiting, or som stuff liek that and its just disguusting. like seriously. ew

but do this mean u dont feel anythin when u die? like after u die? after the bullet kills u? or after u drown ina well? or after u get blown up by a tank? or anything?

Jazakallah khair for ur answer bro
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Seri View Post
    Quite scary...um yeah kinda wierd but my aunty just called to let me know to tell my dad that someone has passed away, my dad is at Mosque so i had to call him...happened right after i read this thread
    aww may allah have mercy on whoever just died and all the muslims dead or alive...mostly dead tho.

p.s. IM NOTA CURSE!
    juss sayin
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Seri's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim View Post

p.s. IM NOTA CURSE!
    juss sayin
    u sure
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Seri View Post
    u sure

Lool i hope so! hehe
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

but do this mean u dont feel anythin when u die? like after u die? after the bullet kills u? or after u drown ina well? or after u get blown up by a tank? or anything?
    You will definitely feel the punishment. How? Allaahu Aalim
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim View Post

Jazakallah khair for ur answer bro
    I recall reading a hadith that you should respect the dead body and not abuse it because they feel that. As for your question, i don't know if they still feel the affect of how they died. I would probably go on the side of saying no unless shown otherwise.
    chat Quote

barney's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

After you die, your nerves and brain cease to function. You cannot feel pain or see or anything. Your simply no longer there.

If the soul has working eyes then it may be able to see things happening on earth or in heaven if that has light to see by or indeed physical things to see.
    If the soul has a physical presence then it must be able to feel, the coolness of the flowing waters, the burnyness of the 70 X fire and pitch shirts.

Which as I have mentioned before, would lead you to wonder if you can stub your toe in heaven? Or if you can break your arm? Or die again!

Occupation: The term of control of a territory by foreign military forces: Iraq 2003-2005
    Liberation:when something or someone is freed: Operation Telic 2003
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

This concept of people feeling pain in the grave, even for years to come whilst decomposing, surely flies in the face of scientific and medical evidence ...
    Islam seems to place great importance on scientific evidence for information given in the Qu'ran - how does it reconcile these discrepancies?

What do our members here with medical qualifications make of this? It would be interesting to hear their views from a medical perspective.

Peace

Peace
    glocandle ani 1 - Wut do u feel when ur dead?

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

Come, let us worship and bow down •
    and kneel before the Lord our Maker

[Psalm 95]

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The answer in regard to the soul feeling pain or pleasure after death is quite simple.

When we have dreams, we feel pain or pleasure within them, although we don't be doing the exact acts in reality. We may taste something or feel something within a dream, however - we never really tasted it in the physical aspect of the body. Rather it is a concept which is quite unexplainable, and even if it is explainable - then it shows that this kind of thing can occur and is a reality.

The same can be applied to issues of the soul. I.e. what people go through in the grave will occur to their souls, however - what occurs after that - i.e. in the hereafter of the Day of Recompense, the Paradise and the Fire will be physical.
    chat Quote

Umar001's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

There is a fatwa about snakes in the graves, I cant remember what it said, search islamqanda and insha'Allah it will be there.

The path is long but I hope we meet,
    After the grave and the Day, in paradise in bliss upon a reclined seat.

A traveler traveling - travelled from shirk to tawheed,
    If I'm remembered for anything - let it be the Mercy I seek.

Your Bro. Abu Hurayra, al-Habeshi
    chat Quote

glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada - View Post

The answer in regard to the soul feeling pain or pleasure after death is quite simple.

When we have dreams, we feel pain or pleasure within them, although we don't be doing the exact acts in reality. We may taste something or feel something within a dream, however - we never really tasted it in the physical aspect of the body. Rather it is a concept which is quite unexplainable, and even if it is explainable - then it shows that this kind of thing can occur and is a reality.

The same can be applied to issues of the soul. I.e. what people go through in the grave will occur to their souls, however - what occurs after that - i.e. in the hereafter of the Day of Recompense, the Paradise and the Fire will be physical.
    I remember seeing pictures here in LI of exhumed bodies, who showed facial expressions akin to pain and/or fear. Those were presented as proof of the pain and suffering experienced in the grave - which sounds much more like a real physical experience, rather than an experience of the soul as you describe.
    At least it would appear to be a 'soul experience' with physical effects - on a body that is long dead and beyond the working of muscles or nerves.

Peace

Peace

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

[Psalm 95]

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

In many cases when people posted them pictures, there were brothers like Ansar Al-'Adl who posted fataawa on the issue and explained how many of these claims aren't true, and that the trials of the grave are to the soul, and there are many clear verses from the Qur'an to prove that the punishment of the hereafter is physical (which would include the soul.)

Like barney explained, the faces of the people in the fire will be burnt and replaced with new skins etc. and we ask Allah to save us from doing evil and to accept our good.

Here's what brother Ansar posted;
    http://www.islamicboard.com/aqeedah/...-distinct.html

Peace.
    Last edited by - Qatada -; 04-26-2008 at 08:26 PM.
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thank you for the clarification, Qatada.

Peace

Peace

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

[Psalm 95]

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Wut do u feel when ur dead? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Wut do u feel when ur dead?