Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

*_Spouse Wanted_*

Report bad ads?

*_Spouse Wanted_*

Title is quite catchy don't you think?
    What qualities should we look for in a potential spouse?
    Beauty?Age?Status?
    Well do those qualities stay on and on forever and ever.No right?
    As we get old beauty fades.As life goes on we age.Duh!
    And worldly status, will it company us in our graves?
    So my dear friends what are the wonderful qualities one should look for?
    The primary quality, number one aspect to look for is?
    Well lets read a hadith and see for ourselves what the most important quality is shall we?

Abu Hurayrah, may Allah be pleased with him quotes the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, as saying, "A woman is married for four things, i.e., her wealth, her family status, her beauty, and her religion. So you should marry the religious woman; (otherwise) you will be a loser." (Reported by Al-Bukhari)

So brothers and sisters, from that Hadith, what would you say is the primary quality to look for in a spouse?
    It's clearly religion right?
    Why religion out of all the other qualities?
    Well according to my definition of a good spouse, religion plays a pivotal role.Check this out:

A good spouse is one who assists the other spouse in their DEEN and their DUNYA~Aaqib

Wouldn't you agree?
    Marriage is a 2 way traffic between the husband and wife.Give and take, take and give.Marriage is the joining of petals that make up one rose.It is an engagement of the two families.It strengthens the bonds within the Ummah, making them as tight as rope.It completes half your DEEN.It is a life commitment and not merely one for a week or shall I say a month!
    *MARRIAGE 30 DAY TRIAL*
    If only! In reality things are a tad bit different ain't they?
    Right back to the DEEN and DUNYA concept.What's the primary purpose of us living on earth?
    Earning money money money?Fame?Getting a good job?

I have only created Jinns and men, that they may worship (or serve) Me. [Surah 51 Verse 56]

REALLY??
    Does that ring a bell [s]wait door bell [/s]or click something inside?
    No?
    Ok, well it states DEEN should be the primary efforts in our life.And worldy affairs should be secondary.
    Ever heard the phrase--Deen before Dunya?
    Meaning, live your life so your DEEN is the foundation and the DUNYA is simply the branches of the tree.
    While DEEN is the trunk.
    Back to the topic.
    So basically what I'm saying is there should be a balance,yes balance of DEEN and DUNYA!!
    Say there is a bird, your the bird.One wing is DEEN and the other is DUNYA.If our DUNYA outweighs our DEEN then will we keep our Iman high and keep flying on the straight journey ahead?No right?
    We'll collapse and fall down,agree? Think about it!

The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, "If someone with whose piety and character you are satisfied comes to you, then marry him. If you do not do so, there will be disorder in the earth and a great deal of evil." (Reported by At-Tirmidhi and others and classed as Hasan)

Subhanallah such a high rank given to piety and character, what you think my friends?

In conclusion, if given the choice between 2 or more potential spouses, one's religion should be given more preference then the other qualities when selecting a potential spouse.
    I wouldn't want to go against the Hadith, would you?

Jazakallah Khayr for reading!

Reminder To Myself Aswell As Others

Written by Aaqib K. AHmed

happyflowers 2112 1 - *_Spouse Wanted_*
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    truemuslim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    same as tupac........beneath u. under the dirt. lost inside the earth. left the spark 4 u, nd left
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: *_Spouse Wanted_*

beautiful thread, jazakallah khair

btw that rose in the end is sooo cuuute
    Last edited by truemuslim; 07-23-2008 at 08:14 AM. Reason: rose comment
    *_Spouse Wanted_*

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: *_Spouse Wanted_*

A good spouse is one who assists the other spouse in their DEEN and their DUNYA
    Nice one
    chat Quote

5. Hide
Hey there! *_Spouse Wanted_* Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. *_Spouse Wanted_*