× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 6 of 6 visibility 1578

what do you when you get insulted, etc...

Ummu Sufyaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    is in need of dua
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

this question is directed mostly at the sisters, but inshallah the brothers can also reply...
    what do you when you get insulted, attacked, bad mouthed for being a muslim, wearing your hijab/niqaab.

do you fight back, ignore...
    i dont mean necessarily a physical fight but at the least give them a piece of your mind and stand your ground...

...desperate for husnul-khitaam...

please make dua that Allah grants me a good end (to my life). please make dua that Allah guides me.

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    aamirsaab's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    On vacation.
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: what do you when you get insulted, etc...

Depends on the situation. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Other times you just simply walk away. It's like dealing with youtubers - sometimes you have to show them up. Other times, they do a fine job of it themselves.
    Last edited by aamirsaab; 12-01-2008 at 11:19 AM.

Book on sharia law Updated!
    Mosque-a-mania!
    Someone said to the Prophet, "Pray to God against the idolaters and curse them." The Prophet replied, "I have been sent to show mercy and have not been sent to curse." (Muslim)
    ''Become the change''
    chat Quote

Re.TiReD's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    LI Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

This is almost like my fight or flight thread. I dont know though, I've never been insulted in such a way...I've been asked, which is considerably different and I didnt mind answering and discussing...

WassalamuAlaykum

s a b r
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    subhanAllah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Depends on the situation, really.

If they're just moronic insults from ignorant people, they don't even deserve a reply, so it's mostly something like this:
    them- go back to where you came from, towelhead!/ you islamicz stink/ is your dad friends with bin laden?/ do your parents lock you up in the basement and chant at you from your koran?
    me- woot 1 - what do you when you get insulted, etc... ALL RIGHTIE THEN woot 1 - what do you when you get insulted, etc... (with pretty much that exact facial expression)

But if it's someone who I think might actually listen to why I wear the hijab, or why islam does not condone acts of terrorism, or how women are not oppressed, I might explain to them in a sentence or two. If I get positive feedback, I'd continue, if not, I'd just leave them alone.

alhamdullilah.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    ~Taalibah~'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

If they snub or say something kinda sarcastically i ignore. But if they are downright rude i'd say speak back to try and make them understand. Most often i ignore tho as here in SA they stare more than say anything.
    Last edited by ~Taalibah~; 12-01-2008 at 02:19 PM.

Welcom to my sites
    ~~~~~~~~~
    chat Quote

Mujahidah4Allah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Hmmmmmm.............
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i just walk away, cant b bothered, even though they scream in my face and stuff but i always remember the Taif incident and think allow it... but i also try and be nice like open the door for etc just to show we are humans not monsters, they dont realise i'm kinda more scared of them than they are of me...

ma'salamah

سلامة الإنسان في حلاوة اللسان

The safety of a human is in the sweetness of his tongue.

بسم الله الذي لا يضرّ مع اسمه شيءٌ في الأرضِ و لا في السّماءِ و هو السّميعُ العليم
    chat Quote

9. Hide
Hey there! what do you when you get insulted, etc... Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. what do you when you get insulted, etc...