× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 6 of 6 visibility 2363

mortgage

noorseeker's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

mortgage

Report bad ads?

Assalamalikum

I have a house and and currenty trying to sell it, but i m going to just transfer the other person name to the deeds of the house,

Im trying to get out of paying riba,

My dilemma is should i be pasing on my sin to a fellow muslim.sholud i not be enjoyning the good and forbidding the evil.

Or does it not matter as im actually passing on a house, its up to them how they pay for it
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: mortgage

bump
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

ok i shall rephrase , should you pass on your haram onto someone else, to save your skin.

I been on this forum a bit now, and no one ever wants to talk about riba
    chat Quote

Daffodil's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

If you were selling your house to some one who you knew would be getting a mortgage and you had the choice whether to sell it to them or not then Im assuming it would be wrong due to the severity of the harms obtained by ribba in this life and the next as Allah swt declares war in tothe Quran only twice and one of those times is when people deal in ribba, so its not a major issue but you already know that hence you want to sell your house due to this.

You really ought to ask a trusted Imam or scholar who can advise you, not a so called alim or imam who says ribba is ok just because he has a house bought from ribba himself.

I dont think any one here is qualified enough to give you an answer unless they have been in the same situation as you.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

JazakAllah khayran
    chat Quote

maryam87's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

its really sad that these dayz the only option is riba to buy a home. We have an islamic bank here but we have been hearing from scholars that its worse then normal bank.

I guess to answer ur question u should maybe tell the brother why u want to sell it, ie interest is haram and if they dont have a problem with it neither should you (as in selling the house to him).

I once had a credit card and asked a honest sheikh bout it and he said its still haram even if i paid the amount during the interest free periods. It seems we cant escape from this life of riba. May Allah (swt) forgive us all. Personally i know alot of people putting their money in the bank and getting interest out of em. They made their own fatwa that it halal cause they use the money for gifts not on themselves funny ah
    chat Quote

9. Hide
Hey there! mortgage Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. mortgage