star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

are images of a skeleton haram??

Report bad ads?

i have a mug that i bought from Disney world that is a head of a skeleton (pirates of the caribbean!!)......i set it at the top of my dresser, and my aunt came in and said i cant have that up there cuz its haram.

is this true??.... i mean skeletons are not alive and cant be, its like sayin if i had a toy of a hand layin in my room its haram.....i dont get it...
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Fishman's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Post Re: are images of a skeleton haram??

format_quote Originally Posted by pridefulmuslim View Post
    i have a mug that i bought from Disney world that is a head of a skeleton (pirates of the caribbean!!)......i set it at the top of my dresser, and my aunt came in and said i cant have that up there cuz its haram.

is this true??.... i mean skeletons are not alive and cant be, its like sayin if i had a toy of a hand layin in my room its haram.....i dont get it...

There are different opinions on this. Some believe that absolutely no images of living things are acceptable. Others believe that it is acceptable if the thing that is drawn is missing a vital part of its body, like the face, the body or the head. Since a skeleton (or merely a skull, in the case of the Pirates of the Carribean logo) can't possibly be alive and is missing loads of vital parts of the body, that would probably be okay according to that opinion.

But yeah, this isn't really a proper opinion and you should ask somebody qualified rather than posting here. If you post here then all that will happen is people will just copy/paste fatwas from other websites or give their own opinions.

are images of a skeleton haram??

wwwislamicboardcom - are images of a skeleton haram??
    chat Quote

Vito's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: are images of a skeleton haram??

Good question. I got this little statue of a fictional character as a gift a long time ago. I'd like to know as well
    chat Quote

5. Hide
Hey there! are images of a skeleton haram?? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. are images of a skeleton haram??