3 23.08%
  • or doesnt matter/dont care

4 30.77%
Results 1 to 10 of 10 visibility 2002

Introduce Yourself

nadia85's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Introduce Yourself

Report bad ads?

when u join a forum and then post a introduce yourself If u do not got any repsonse or not much would it put u off??Does how other members respond to ur introudction give u a opion of the forum??and does it effect if u stay on there?? thanks
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    BintAbee's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    ~ ♥ Haramain ♥ ~
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Introduce Yourself

Now just imagine if no one replied to this thread you made. wouldn't you be a bit disappointed and feel that you are being ignored? When you enter a place and you don't know anyone don't you just wait for that 1 person to come up and reply to your salaam and welcome you? Ofcourse I would want people to respond, even if its just 1 person. The way they respond doesn't actually tell me there personality. i'll have to read more of their other posts to know this. When I joined, I really waited for a reply coz this as my first forum n i wasn't sure if i was doing the right thing or not. If no one replied, i'd say I wouldn't quit the forum, i'll just go and post in some thread that interests me. I don't think people with intentionally ignore you for no reason.

Oh my, that was some looooong explanation. Hope i didn't tire u out n hope i answered ur question

chat Quote

NIKKY's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Neither Silly nor Dumb
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

av jst joined this forum today...if no one had replied to my intro i fink id be well put off... but lucky for me some did reply...and lucky for u am not at all put off....!lol
    if no one replies to u, you tend to feel left out. i dont fink u shoud leave..you shoud get in there and help urself...! then others will notice u n comment.
    chat Quote

Vito's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

My main purpose of coming here was to learn and possibly give advice of my own or just have a little fun with some posts so, it really wouldn't have bothered me. I wouldn't let something like this get to you to be honest. I think its safe to say the majority of people probably don't even visit that section but, I could be wrong.
    Last edited by Vito; 03-13-2009 at 04:18 PM.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    subhanAllah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It wouldn't bother me in the least if no one replied. I'm on a forum not for people to say hello to me, but to participate in the discussions in different threads.
    Of course if people reply and say hello it would be nice, but I wouldn't leave the forum or get upset if that didn't happen.
    Introduce Yourself

alhamdullilah.
    chat Quote

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I used introduce yourself well after having been here a while,. basically because I wasn't familiar with all the sections -- I am not very computer savvy, and it took me a while to venture into other sections lol.. I started on a post I had found through web search and it was long abandoned so I suppose it is like when someone comes and breathes life into a post long dead and everyone else wonders why..
    I didn't receive a response to that post and the section it was on I believe the akhira section seemed all but abandoned .. so I thought the forum was dead.. but then I found world's affairs and the rest as they say was history...

p.s I have long sense abandoned world affairs on this forum too, given my H-Pylori and all too occasional heart burn =)
    Introduce Yourself

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Introduce Yourself

chat Quote

Imam's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

how members respond to my posts is the only way to give me initial opinion not only of some of the members of the forum but also opinion of myself ... This forum helped me lots to find out what non-Arabic speakers (Mulsims ) would need to know,and how to approach them .....and the way Moderators deal with the posts and threads is the only way to give me opinion of the moderators....

and I never forget the fact ..... the person behind the monitor is not neccesarily the same person in real....

Last edited by Imam; 03-13-2009 at 04:41 PM.
    chat Quote

Danah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    protectedpearls.com
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I voted for maybe...........I think it depend on the place.
    mainly I came here to gain knowledge and I was not expecting that much from people here because I was looking at the other introduction threads and I did not see that much replies on them...

so I was not that eager to get responses, but I think people replies even if there were very few replies do matter
    Introduce Yourself

Visit my website
    ProtectedPearls.com

Your way to find the truth

Follow us on:

YouTube
    Twitter
    Facebook

chat Quote

Tony's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Islamic belief
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

the statistics of this poll are bizzare. 3 of 4 responses are 27.7
    Introduce Yourself

"O ye who belive! Endure, outdo all others in endurance, be ready, and observe your duty to Allah, in order that you may succeed"
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Musaafirah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Miss. Serious ^_^
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^^Well, I've changed the percentage...Dayang!
    Ummm, no I don't really remember whether or not I was bothered. I don't think I was. I joined a few weeks after I found the forum and wasn't really active to begin with. Simply because I'm not too good with all the forummy type things.
    There's a lot of sections on here I still haven't checked out and well, no I don't think I'd be put off if hardly anyone replied. I'm really bad with welcoming people. Don't think I've welcomed many people, just because I don't check that section out or anything unless an introduction post happens to be in the top 5 stats.
    Introduce Yourself

I Loves chocolate I does..
    chat Quote

14. Hide
Hey there! Introduce Yourself Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Introduce Yourself