× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 7 of 7 visibility 7022

Ruling on giving a copy of the Qur'an with a translation to a non-muslim

Ummu Sufyaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    is in need of dua
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Is it permissible to give for Da'wah to the non-Muslims a translation of the meanings of the Qur'aan which accompanies the original Arabic text as well?

Praise be to Allaah.

We put this question to Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen: what is the ruling on giving a kaafir a copy of the Qur’aan containing the text in Arabic and a translation and commentary amounting to half of the content?

He replied, may Allaah preserve him:

“What is known among the scholars is that it is not permissible to give a kaafir power over the Qur’aan (i.e., put it at his disposal), but if a kaafir is sincere in his desire to know more about the Qur’aan, a person can invite him to come to a library – either a public library or his own home library, where he can show him the Qur’aan.”

If you find a translation of the meanings of the Qur’aan without the Arabic text then there is nothing wrong with giving that to a kaafir. And Allaah knows best.

Source

...desperate for husnul-khitaam...

please make dua that Allah grants me a good end (to my life). please make dua that Allah guides me.

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    bamboozled's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Ruling on giving a copy of the Qur’an with a translation to a non-muslim

I am actually not sure if this is actually 100% accurate.

I found this video by Dr Zakir Naik:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkWDqHNjc7c
    chat Quote

Snowflake's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I agree with Zakir Naik (as seen on tv).
    chat Quote

umairlooms's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

?? Cannot give a copy of the Quran to a non Muslim??

What a way NOT to help spread the word
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Scimitar's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    DAWAH DIGITAL
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

let them download the app then

Scimi

15noje9 1 - Ruling on giving a copy of the Qur'an with a translation to a non-muslim
    chat Quote

Abz2000's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Abz Iz Back!!!
    Around the bend from Venus - Just before Mars
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Umar ra came to Islam after reading the opening verses of surah TaHa,

imagine owning an Islamic bookshop and denying every kafir who asked for a copy of the Quran the opportunity to understand it.
    or even more amazing, imagine being an Arab in an Arbic speaking country and telling a kafir Arab who only understands Arabic that he can only have a translation in a different language.

But then, if you have a valid reason to believe someone will mistreat it, of course Allah has granted you such a thing as good judgement, use it.

11And the whole vision is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which they give to one that can read, saying, Read this, I pray thee; and he saith, I cannot, for it is sealed.*
    12And they give the book to him that cannot read, saying, Read this, I pray thee; and he saith, I cannot read.

13And the Lord saith, Forasmuch as this people draw near with their mouth, and honour me with their lips, but their heart is removed far from me, and their fear of me is a commandment taught of men;
    14therefore, behold, I will proceed to do marvellously with this people, to do marvellously, even with wonder, and the wisdom of their wise [men] shall perish, and the understanding of their intelligent ones shall be hid.
    Last edited by Abz2000; 08-09-2015 at 06:12 PM.

2dvls74 1 - Ruling on giving a copy of the Qur'an with a translation to a non-muslim

2vw9341 1 - Ruling on giving a copy of the Qur'an with a translation to a non-muslim

chat Quote

Abz2000's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Abz Iz Back!!!
    Around the bend from Venus - Just before Mars
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Coffee Is Haram?
    How to Deal with Strange Fatwas

By Shari`ah Staff
    Sunday, 09 August 2015 00:00

Did you know that 5 centuries ago,*drinking coffee in Makkah or in Cairo was illegal, punishable by jail and lashing?

Why?

Because it was the prevalent*fatwa*and fiqhi opinion that coffee was prohibited as a type of intoxicants.

One more example: did you know that once upon a time, owning a printing press was punishable to execution?
    Muslims were deprived of the benefits of printing for centuries partly because some scholars believed it is*haram.
    There are more examples, some of which are very recent.

But why do some scholars adopt such opinions? Why are some fiqhi opinions disconnected from real life?

In this important, informative and relevant lecture, Sheikh Yasir Qadhi sheds light on this sensitive topic. He lists more examples, discusses the causes behind such phenomenon, highlights the dilema of living in the West and outsourcing fatwas and gives a 5-point prescription for dealing with controversial issues.*

In this Video:

Why some scholars are disconnected from reality
    There is only one Islam: A cliché?
    Debate about gender issue
    How did Prophet Lut deal with his homosexual neighbors?
    5 rules to deal with controversial issues.
    Insourcing or outsourcing fatwas?

http://www.onislam.net/english/shari...imam-west.html

Last edited by Abz2000; 08-10-2015 at 06:39 PM.

2dvls74 1 - Ruling on giving a copy of the Qur'an with a translation to a non-muslim

2vw9341 1 - Ruling on giving a copy of the Qur'an with a translation to a non-muslim

chat Quote

10. Hide
Hey there! Ruling on giving a copy of the Qur'an with a translation to a non-muslim Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Ruling on giving a copy of the Qur'an with a translation to a non-muslim