× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 69 visibility 20987

Why Jesus and not Muhammad(pbut)

Tony's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Islamic belief
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Following a discussion with my Christian neighbour I would like to know if there is any explanation as to why Jesus is coming back rather than Muhammad (pbuh). The guy talks for 80 pc of the time and usually contradicts himself, when he does listen he then replies and usually contradicts further, however he raised a good point that I had no answer for. If Muhammad (pbuh) was the last prophet, why is it Jesus (pbuh) that will return ? Whilst I am sure there is a good reason for it I dont know what it is. So please before this thread descends into a mind numbing and tedious debate that actually serves no purpose, would the members of this forum please allow my question to be answered first, thanks in advance
    Last edited by Tony; 07-10-2009 at 05:17 PM.

"O ye who belive! Endure, outdo all others in endurance, be ready, and observe your duty to Allah, in order that you may succeed"
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Muslim Woman's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    Super Moderator
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Why Jesus and not Muhammad(pbut)

Salaam/Peace

format_quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    ...If Muhammad (pbuh) was the last prophet, why is it Jesus (pbuh) that will return ?

Muhammed (pbuh) is the final Prophet with God's chosen religion-
    Islam . Jesus (as ) won't come back as a new Prophet . He will preach Islam , offer salat with Muslims.

While discussing about the Prophets (pbut) , pl. tell non-Muslims that we respect all the Prophets , not only Muhammed (pbut). It does not matter who is the first one or last one or was in the middle of the list , all are God's chosen Prophet and Muslims respect them all.

Christ will never be proud to reject to be a slave to God .....holy Quran, chapter Women , 4: 172

recitation:http://quran.jalisi.com
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Super Moderator
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam;

format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude View Post
    since every soul shall taste death, he must descend.
    a good point

Christ will never be proud to reject to be a slave to God .....holy Quran, chapter Women , 4: 172

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Islamic belief
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

thanks for the speedy replies, already discussed prophets and believe I am better armed for the discussions as was christian some time ago, I constantly strive to further my knowledge and my neaighbour has come to realise my faith is unshakeable, I can usually answer him well and if I dont know something I say so. The point he raised is a good one, even tho it was born of him doubting Muhammads(pbuh) credentials as a prophet becuase "he killed ppl in wars", steering toward Jihad here but I totally defended Rasulullah (pbuh). If there is any further info on this subject I would dearly love to hear guidance. Peace

"O ye who belive! Endure, outdo all others in endurance, be ready, and observe your duty to Allah, in order that you may succeed"
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Super Moderator
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam;

format_quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    If there is any further info on this subject I would dearly love to hear guidance. Peace
    Jesus in Islam

By Reading Islam Team
    Satellite?blobcolurldata&ampblobheaderimage2Fjpeg&ampblobkeyid&ampblobtableMungoBlobs&ampblobwhere1239876040740&ampssbinarytrue - Why Jesus and not Muhammad(pbut)

How do Muslims view Jesus? Was Jesus crucified? Will Jesus come back? Find out the answers to these and more questions on the issue...
    The Muslim Jesus

On the occasion of Easter, Reading Islam invites you to watch the movie (Jesus in Islam) which narrates the story of the life of Prophet Jesus according to the Muslim belief.

Jesus Crucifixion in the Bible: Joy or Sorrow?
    The tragic loss of Jesus Christ due to his painful crucifixion according to the New Testament left his disciples suffering from sadness and sorrow to an extent that they needed a comforter. Could this comforter be Prophet Muhammad?

Mary's Story and the Birth of Jesus
    The story starts with Mary, who was blessed as a child with God’s protection. Mary was born to the pious household of Aal `Imran, or the family of `Imran. More Q & A About Jesus:
    Is Jesus the Incarnation of God?
    Understanding Allah, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit
    The Proper Understanding of Jesus's Life
    Did Prophet Jesus Marry?
    The Language of Jesus
    Is Jesus Dead or Alive?
    The Meaning of "Messiah"

Jesus Between Islam and Christianity
    Muslims Following Jesus
    A Brother for Jesus?
    Is Jesus God?
    Is Jesus Superior to Muhammad?
    In relating the story of Jesus, the Qur'an describes how Mary, the mother of Jesus, was approached by an angel from God, bringing her tidings she had never imagined.
    Jesus Through a Muslim Lens
    The Muslim Jesus

In this article, Michael Wolfe, a filmmaker and author of books of poetry, fiction, travel, and history, argues that the shared interest of both Christians and Muslims in Jesus of Nazareth and his message goes much further than a belief in his miracles.
    Was Jesus Crucified? (Q&A)
    Muslims reject the idea that an innocent Son of God—or God Himself— had to die on the cross to save sinners from punishment.
    Will Jesus Come Back?
    When Jesus comes, everyone may not be able to recognize him; but those who are very close to him will recognize him through their belief.
    Jesus is considered one of five great prophets sent by God to man. He is worthy of the utmost honor and respect as a prophet of God to the Children of Israel. He was neither an incarnation of God nor God’s son, and he never claimed to be.
    In Defense of Mary the Virgin (Commentary)
    As a Muslim, I am a passionate defender of the virgin birth of Christ, and all Muslims should be so, Mustafa Aykol writes. Why? Because this is one of the very important themes in the Qur’an.

Too tired to read? Listen to Dr. Jamal Badawi's talks:

Jesus in Islam — VII: The Second Coming of Jesus (1)
    Jesus in Islam — VIII: The Second Coming of Jesus (2)

http://www.readingislam.com/servlet/...am%2FDIELayout

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Islamic belief
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

May Allah bestow blessings upon you in this life and the next,Ameen. ^^^^ I will study these this evening, thankyou

chat Quote

Muhseen's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I like this thread.
    chat Quote

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I didn't read every post so forgive me if I am repeating something that has already been written.

Jesus (p) didn't die, yet he is human.. and each soul shall have a taste of death, also he is a sign of the end, as in signaling the hour..

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Why Jesus and not Muhammad(pbut)

chat Quote

Ali_008's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    - I Love You Allah -
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Other than the reasons given above, according to the talks and seminars I've seen or heard his return's basic reason will be the restoring of the actual faith. You see, he's the only Prophet whose followers believed that he claimed Divinity (i.e. He's God/son of God) and when he will return his main aim will be to refute this claim and bring all the people to the true faith of Monotheism.
    Other reasons include that he'll come to kill the Dajjaal/AntiChrist, pray against Yajuj & Majuj/Gog & Magog etc

If Allah helps you, none can overcome you; and if He forsakes you, who is there after Him that can help you? And in Allah (Alone) let believers put their trust.
    Surah Ale Imran : 160

It was narrated that Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him) said:
    The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) climbed up Uhud, accompanied by Abu Bakr, ‘Umar and ‘Uthmaan, and the mountain shook with them. He struck it with his foot and said: “Stand firm, O Uhud, for there is no one on you but a Prophet or a Siddeeq or two martyrs.”
    Narrated by al-Bukhaari (3483)

Allah (Subhaanahu Wa Taala) does not inspire seeking forgiveness in a slave whom he wishes to punish.
    Ali (RadhiAllahu Anhu)
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Student of knowledge
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Try clicking this link insha'Allah because it explains all logical reasoning in an Islamic perspective on Prophet Isa(AS) second return to this test called Earth. After reading this you will fully understand the concept of why he is coming back down,to tell you something he is not coming only for one thing but several reasonings explained in this article you have to read in your spare time brother Tony and then you will be able to speak back and explain to that person insha'Allah: http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?pagename

Brother Tony you have a typo on the threads name saying (PBUT) when it should be (PBUH) can a moderator please fix that insha'Allah.

Last edited by Yanal; 07-10-2009 at 06:23 AM.
    chat Quote

glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

This is an interesting thread.
    I have followed some of the links, but I find that they focus very much on Jesus' humanity and on demonstrating that he is not divine. That's understandable, given that this is one of the crucial differences between Islam and Christianity.

But my question takes me back to the one Tony's friend asked originally:

Why is Jesus the one who will return to earth?
    To be as a Christian it seems like a very special privilege, and one I might expect to be bestowed to Muhammed as the final and most revered prophet ...

The answer may simply be because God wills it ... but it is an interesting question nonetheless (Well, I thought so! )

Does anybody have any thoughts or views with regards to this specific question?

Peace
    glocandle ani 1 - Why Jesus and not Muhammad(pbut)

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

Come, let us worship and bow down •
    and kneel before the Lord our Maker

[Psalm 95]

chat Quote

Ramadhan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Glo, the clear answer has been given in previous post.
    chat Quote

glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar View Post
    Glo, the clear answer has been given in previous post.
    Thank you, naidamar

I have had another look. The only answers I found in direct relation to my question 'Why Jesus, and not Muhammed?' seem to be these:

The Prophet Isa AS has still to die a natural death (he was raised up to the heavens) and since every soul shall taste death, he must descend.
    And the same from Skye ...
    format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye View Post
    Jesus (p) didn't die, yet he is human.. and each soul shall have a taste of death, also he is a sign of the end, as in signaling the hour..
    Is that the only reason, or have I missed anything?

Peace

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

[Psalm 95]

chat Quote

aadil77's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Glo in the posts above it has been already mentioned what things prophet Jesus is supposed to fulfil, other than that our knowledge is limited to why Allah has chosen to descend prophet Jesus and not Muhammad, that is purely Allahs will and we are nobody to question why Allah has chosen so, so Allah knows best
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I think the problem lies in the fact that you as a Christian believe that Jesus died on the cross. Muslims actually believe that he was raised to the heavens, literally. So in that way, he has still to experience a human death and in Islam, it is said that every soul shall taste of death, thus he has to come. Muhammad saw did die a human death, so he can't come back.

In the end times, the Prophet Isa As will descend and kill the anti-christ. He will be a follower of Islam. The religion that Muhammad (saw) came with. He won't be bringing any new religion.
    Thank you, Alpha Dude. I think I have received the answer to my question why - according to Islam - Jesus will return and not Muhammed:

• Because Jesus has not yet died, and all have to taste death
    • Because God wills it and God known best

That sounds fine to me, and has answered my question. Thank you all!
    Last edited by glo; 07-10-2009 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Misread Alpha's post ...

Peace

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

[Psalm 95]

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Thank you, Alpha Dude. I think I have received the answer to my question why - according to Islam - Jesus will return and not Muhammed:

• Because Jesus has not yet died, and all have to taste death
    • Because God wills it and God known best

That sounds fine to me, and has answered my question. Thank you all!

I think you misread many posts?
    the first point is indeed true
    the second point of-- because God wills it and God 'known' best was hardly one of the other reasons although certainly not untrue..

• Jesus will wage a great battle against evil and unite the believers to one faith
    • Jesus will lead folks to a mountain in Egypt away from Gog and Magog
    • Jesus will kill the antichrist
    • Jesus will rule the land for a period of 70, either 70 yrs plus his age or until he is the age of 70, and it will be a time of peace and justice
    • Jesus will die as humans do

I hope that this style writing narrows it down!

all the best

If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Why Jesus and not Muhammad(pbut)

chat Quote

glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I think you misread many posts?
    the first point is indeed true
    the second point of-- because God wills it and God 'known' best was hardly one of the other reasons although certainly not untrue..

• Jesus will wage a great battle against evil and unite the believers to one faith
    • Jesus will lead folks to a mountain in Egypt away from Gog and Magog
    • Jesus will kill the antichrist
    • Jesus will rule the land for a period of 70, either 70 yrs plus his age or until he is the age of 70, and it will be a time of peace and justice
    • Jesus will die as humans do

I hope that this style writing narrows it down!

all the best
    Sarcasm is so unbecoming, don't you think sister Skye?
    Perhaps you should use text speak ... that would simplify it even further.

Thank you for you list of things of what Islam says Jesus will do when he returns.

The reason I hadn't listed them myself is that none of those were the answer to my question - the question being
    "Why will Jesus return, and not Muhammed?" (Not "What will Jesus do when he returns?")

I believe you have answered my question previously, so I will leave it at that:
    Originally Posted by Gossamer skye View Post
    Thank you for your efforts. Peace to you.

Peace

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

[Psalm 95]

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Sarcasm is so unbecoming, don't you think sister Skye?
    Perhaps you should use text speak ... that would simplify it even further.

Thank you for you list of things of what Islam says Jesus will do when he returns.

The reason I hadn't listed them myself is that none of those were the answer to my question - the question being
    "Why will Jesus return, and not Muhammed?" (Not "What will Jesus do when he returns?")

I believe you have answered my question previously, so I will leave it at that:

Thank you for your efforts. Peace to you.
    Me sarcastic of you? Pshaw.. how difficult would that be...
    Jesus and not Mohammed for all the reasons mentioned above.. Prophet Mohammed has already passed on.. people don't come back from the dead.. Jesus didn't hang around long enough to fulfill his message, and that is why he will descend to fulfill them -- It isn't a Subtotal Thyroidectomy procedue that we are discussing here no?

all the best

chat Quote

glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Me sarcastic of you? Pshaw.. how difficult would that be...
    Sarcasm doesn't some naturally to me, and I don't always recognise it easily either ... less charitable people have called me naive before now ...

I didn't know one could be 'sarcastic of somebody'. What exactly does it mean?

Like I said, my question has been answered very appropriately and I don't need to add to it.
    Subtotal Thyroidectomy would be a fine topic too ... but perhaps in another forum section, no?

Peace

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

[Psalm 95]

chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Islamic belief
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

ok ladies enough now eh! u so similar its scary, warrior women extreme lol

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! Why Jesus and not Muhammad(pbut) Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Why Jesus and not Muhammad(pbut)