× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 22 visibility 3694

Night in ibada

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thumbs up Night in ibada

Report bad ads?

May Allah,subhana wa'ta'ala, accept our fasting, prayer, qiyam...

I would like to know to how many of you are planing to spend the night in prayer. You don't have to spend the whole night in prayer just extend it. These last 10 days should be put in a good use.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Night in ibada

I'm planing to do it tomorrow(Saturday night), InshAllah. Any support?

You can do it as witr, right?Except that you extend it.
    Last edited by Rasema; 09-12-2009 at 08:52 PM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

bump!!!
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Seriously, im confused.

How do you pray a night prayer?

Witr means a night prayer.

The Prophet ,sallallahu alaihi wa sallam, said that there is no two witr in one night. I won't make it two witr if it's long,right?

If I ever miss wirt how do I make it up?
    During the day, maybe.

Also, I babysit my two year old niece. She disturbs my sala. I was on fards and she came in front of me that I couldn't prostrate. I moved on the right and prostrated. If you move of the rug,in this occasion, does it invalidate my prayer?

Thank you
    Last edited by Rasema; 09-12-2009 at 10:24 PM.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Humbler_359's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Rasema,

Night prayer is it is important to do pray at late night (ie 2am to 5am), we can do Nafil or Sunnah and then reading Qur'an. For how long, it is really up to you in praying.

Here's information: The Sunnah of Praying at Night

Allah (SWT) will be gladly you with a night prayer.
    Night in ibada

"When the Qur'an is read, Listen to it with attention, And hold your peace: That ye may receive Mercy"
    ~ 7:204

"Then do ye remember Me; I will remember You. Be grateful to Me, And reject not Faith. ~ 2:152

How Islam started 1400 years ago?- see Youtube

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The site is very benefitial, may Allah,SubHana wa ta'ala, reward you.

These hadeeths have explained it. Though what does Sewak mean?

And what is the difference between the terms Ahadeeth and hadeeth? Or it's it just variations in spelling.

2- It is Sunna when praying at night to use Sewak and reciting the last verses of Ali-Imran from: {( 'Inna Fī Khalqi As-Samāwāti Wa Al-'Arđi Wa Akhtilāfi Al-Layli Wa An-Nahāri La'āyātin Li'wlī Al-'Albābi) i.e. (Indeed, in the creation of the heavens and the earth and the alternation of the night and the day are signs for those of understanding)} (Ali-Imran: 190) until finishing this Sura.

Wa alaikum salam
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Rasema View Post

The site is very benefitial, may Allah,SubHana wa ta'ala, reward you.

And what is the difference between the terms Ahadeeth and hadeeth? Or it's it just variations in spelling.

2- It is Sunna when praying at night to use Sewak and reciting the last verses of Ali-Imran from: {( 'Inna Fī Khalqi As-Samāwāti Wa Al-'Arđi Wa Akhtilāfi Al-Layli Wa An-Nahāri La'āyātin Li'wlī Al-'Albābi) i.e. (Indeed, in the creation of the heavens and the earth and the alternation of the night and the day are signs for those of understanding)} (Ali-Imran: 190) until finishing this Sura.

Wa alaikum salam

Rasema,

Thank you for your question, Sewak means all prayers from morning to night. Here's more information- Using Sewak

Hadeeth vs Ahadeeth are same thing, just spelling in pronounce.

I am still waiting for Ramadan fasting soon,lol Insha'Allah!
    Night in ibada

"When the Qur'an is read, Listen to it with attention, And hold your peace: That ye may receive Mercy"

"Then do ye remember Me; I will remember You. Be grateful to Me, And reject not Faith. ~ 2:152

chat Quote

DigitalStorm82's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

One of the best du’aa’s that may be recited on Laylat al-Qadr is that which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) taught to ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her). Al-Tirmidhi narrated, and classed the report as saheeh, that ‘Aa’ishah said: “I said, ‘O Messenger of Allaah, if I know which night is Laylat al-Qadr, what should I say on that night?’ He said, ‘Say: Allaahumma innaka ‘afuwwun tuhibb al-‘afwa fa’affu ‘anni (O Allaah, You are forgiving and You love forgiveness, so forgive me).”
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thanks,

About the following issue...

Also, I babysit my two year old niece. She disturbs my sala. I was on fards and she came in front of me that I couldn't prostrate. I moved on the right and prostrated. If you move of the rug,in this occasion, does it invalidate my prayer?

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thanks,

About the following issue...

Hmm, i agreed, it could be distracting and couldn't focus on prayer when a small kid walking around and disturb everything, Lol. It is better to find best times to pray when your niece is not around with you or try to find many toys to keep her busy. That's all I think.
    Night in ibada

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by DigitalStorm82 View Post
    One of the best du’aa’s that may be recited on Laylat al-Qadr is that which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) taught to ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her). Al-Tirmidhi narrated, and classed the report as saheeh, that ‘Aa’ishah said: “I said, ‘O Messenger of Allaah, if I know which night is Laylat al-Qadr, what should I say on that night?’ He said, ‘Say: Allaahumma innaka ‘afuwwun tuhibb al-‘afwa fa’affu ‘anni (O Allaah, You are forgiving and You love forgiveness, so forgive me).”
    Brother,

it is perfect quote. Yes, we can say many times at night prayer to seek Allah's forgiveness and guidance straight path, Alhumdulilah!
    Night in ibada

chat Quote

DigitalStorm82's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Asslamu Alikum

Thanks but I don't have time to read it right now. Is my prayer still valid. I moved of my rug while on fards.

I missed witr last night
    I did wake up for fajer but i didn't eat in the morning, is my fasting still valid?
    How do I make up witr?
    chat Quote

Cabdullahi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

al7amdella ive been going for qyamul layl
    the last ten days are like a final sprint in the maradhan i have to run like a kenyan
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Asslamu Alikum

Thanks but I don't have time to read it right now. Is my prayer still valid. I moved of my rug while on fards. No, it is not valid.

I missed witr last night How do I make up witr?Well, you can do another witr today or tmw, there is no backup or repeat of yesterday you missed.

I did wake up for fajer but i didn't eat in the morning, is my fasting still valid?
    Yes, it is still always valid because you don't have to eat in the morning, it doesn't matter. Most of times, I don't really eat in the morning even though fajr prayer only.

Additionally, there is special Night Power in prayer (on 27th) before Ramadan ending, some people (in mosque or home) will have do from 2am to the morning, yes! It is due to people' asking forgiveness thousand times spending alone to Allah (Subhana wa Taa'la) at night.
    Night in ibada

chat Quote

Cabdullahi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

its not on the 27th the actual date is hidden
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii View Post
    its not on the 27th the actual date is hidden

Yeah, It's on the last 10 days most likely on the odds.

Also, when brother Humbler says to start with 2 slight rakats, don't you pray them all like that and end it with the last tree rakats just like of witr?

And when I moved of my rug does that mean that I left my salah? how dangerous was that? (worried)
    Last edited by Rasema; 09-13-2009 at 12:57 AM.
    chat Quote

AabiruSabeel's Avatar Administrator
    brightness_1
    عـــابر سبيـــل
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Members are requested not to give out their own rulings and personal opinions on any Religious issue. Please refer to the works of Scholars or link to an authentic Fatwa site.
    Sewak is a wooden stick used for cleaning the teeth. It is also called as Miswak. For details: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miswak
    Ahadeeth is the plural of the word Hadith.

Witr does not mean Night Prayer. Witr is the last 3 rakat that you pray at the end. Night Prayer/Tahajjud is prayed in units of 2 rakats each.
    See here for details:
    Witr Prayer, its Time and Ruling
    When Do I Pray Witr?

Last edited by AabiruSabeel; 09-13-2009 at 02:02 AM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel View Post

Members are requested not to give out their own rulings and personal opinions on any Religious issue. Please refer to the works of Scholars or link to an authentic Fatwa site.
    Sewak is a wooden stick used for cleaning the teeth. It is also called as Miswak. For details: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MiswakAhadeeth is the plural of the word Hadith.

Witr does not mean Night Prayer. Witr is the last 3 rakat that you pray at the end. Night Prayer/Tahajjud is prayed in units of 2 rakats each.
    See here for details:
    Witr Prayer, its Time and Ruling
    When Do I Pray Witr?

Explained! thanks.
    WA ALAIKUM SALAM
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by DigitalStorm82 View Post

Thank you for this link. I have questions from it.

So, I should have pushed my niece ,or something ,and not move of my rug to prostrate? From a bit research I've done, I know that one should not move while you're prostrating,on ruku etc...
    I guess I can move only when I'm not doing that.

I also read that we should stop others from walking in front of us while in Salah. Is it obligatory to do so?

Don't make salah if the food is already served. Eat first.

'Aishah reported that she heard the Messenger of Allah say: "No one should pray when the food is served nor when one needs to answer the call of nature." [related by Ahmad, Muslim, and Abu Dawud]

But Allah,subhana wa ta'ala, says to pray on time. I'm not denying the hadeeth but wghat If its maghrib time?

Nawafil salah are prayers said in addition to Fard (Obligatory) salah, including the Sunnah prayers of Fajr, Zuhr, 'Asr, Maghrib and 'Isha. The Prophet saaws performed these prayers often, but not always. They are unlike the Fard salah, and are not required to be done all the time; to exceed the Prophet (saaws) in his frequency, becomes a sin of being extreme in the religion.

Is this hadeeth speaking about Sunnets or nafils?

Thank you
    Last edited by Rasema; 09-18-2009 at 11:37 PM.
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Night in ibada Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Night in ibada