× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 8 of 8 visibility 1992

French Muslims suprised by first TV advert for halal food

brightness_1
    LI News Service
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

The power of the Islamic purse has broken new ground in France with the country's first primetime TV advertisement for halal food.

In a surprising development for a country poised to ban the burka, the advert for the first time directly targets France's five million Muslims, offering them microwaveable paella, lasagna and shepherd's pie prepared in accordance with Islamic law.

To make meat halal or permissible, an animal or poultry has to be slaughtered in a ritual way known as Zibah.

Such adverts had previously been only been shown on Arabic satellite channels viewable in the country.

In the advert, broadcast on TF1, France's most-watched channel, as well as rival M6 and digital terrestrial channels, a middle class French Muslim couple rush to a supermarket shelf stocked with Zakia Halal, a brand of Panzani, the food group, as they seek food with which to break their fast during Ramadan.

The husband, who is pushing the trolley, says: "Yes, yes, we eat halal".

"Yes, Zakia halal," adds his wife, miming a "z" for Zorro.

The £260,000 campaign hopes to cash in on a huge halal market estimated to be worth more than £3 billion this year in France, and which is growing at 15 per cent per year. According to one recent study by Solis, an ethnic market research company, almost 94 per cent of French people of North African descent buy halal products.

Reaction among French Muslims was a mixture of surprise and incredulity. "It's the first time I've seen so [many Arabs] in an advert. It proves that Arabs and Muslims are starting to become an economic force to be reckoned with in France," read one posting on the French Muslim website Bladi.net.

"They must have paid TF1 a fortune to show that," said a second user. "The director general's going to get fired tomorrow," warned a third.

According to an Ifop poll released last week, 70 per cent of French Muslims observe Ramadan, the ninth month of the Islamic year, in which a fast is held from sunrise to sunset. It began last Friday.

France's Muslims have been in the spotlight in recent weeks following controversy over the head-to-toe burka, which President Nicolas Sarkozy has said is not welcome in France, and the burkini – a cover-all swimming costume. A French Muslim woman was banned from her local public swimming pool for wearing one earlier this month.

Source

"I spent thirty years learning manners, and I spent twenty years learning knowledge."

~ 'Abdullāh bin al-Mubārak (rahimahullah)
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    LI News Service
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: French Muslims suprised by first TV advert for halal food

I must say, it doesn't sound like a great advert.

"I spent thirty years learning manners, and I spent twenty years learning knowledge."

~ 'Abdullāh bin al-Mubārak (rahimahullah)
    chat Quote

Beardo's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Weirdo + Beard = Beardo
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The other day I saw a Muslim product being advertised...

"100% Zabihah Halaal!" So I was thinking... Is there such thing as 50% halaal zabihah? I mean, seriously. It's either Halaal or not HAlaal. What's up with the percentage?

...would 99.9% be halaal?
    chat Quote

Danah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    protectedpearls.com
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

huh!
    Is this coming as an attempt to make people forget what they did regarding the burka issue?

Visit my website
    ProtectedPearls.com

Your way to find the truth

Follow us on:

YouTube
    Twitter
    Facebook

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Najm's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad View Post
    The other day I saw a Muslim product being advertised...

"100% Zabihah Halaal!" So I was thinking... Is there such thing as 50% halaal zabihah? I mean, seriously. It's either Halaal or not HAlaal. What's up with the percentage?

...would 99.9% be halaal?

AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Lol your soo funny. Made me laugh.

I guess 99.9% would still be haraam

FiAmaaniAllah

LI Member
    chat Quote

aadil77's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I'd laugh if the food turned out to be haraam
    chat Quote

The_Prince's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Mars, where they located the ice, it was my freezer where i keep the fish
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

money talks. if we pay these losers millions for the niqab they wud also allow that, these ppl will sell their own mothers for money.
    chat Quote

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^^ lol, I have heard that line once before in my life, money talks and bull **** walks.. . I have never used it but was always so amused by it!
    It is certainly not untrue.. if French stores were benefiting in lieu of Muslim shops frok niqab it would most certainly not just be allowed but encouraged.. It is the reason those big name designers like YSL and Hermes design for Dubai and KSA shows.. pls look at who is sitting at the boards at Hermes .. You might just be surprised..

Muslims hold very high positions in the most prominent places, just not sure why someone always has them on a leash.. they become too worldly and forget their ummah and it doesn't matter how high up they soar, they other compromise their religion or kowtow to get by ..

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - French Muslims suprised by first TV advert for halal food

chat Quote

11. Hide
Hey there! French Muslims suprised by first TV advert for halal food Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. French Muslims suprised by first TV advert for halal food