× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 20 of 20 visibility 3506

The Launch

Ibn Abi Ahmed's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The Launch

Report bad ads?

Alhamdullilah, after much planning and waiting we are finally launching this initiative on Thursday, Oct 1st insha'Allaah.

Each group has it's own Ameer or Ameerah. Feel free to pester them as much as you want They'll be keeping up with their groups, posting lessons and keeping this project going.

Also please remember this is a commitment that you're making to get closer to the Book of Allaah, we'll try our best to make help you out but at the end of the day the only person that can make a difference is you. Make sure to work hard and take the time out to memorize.

Don't forget to purify your intentions because without it, actions are useless.

And lastly, make lots of dua' asking Allaah to help you stay committed and work hard at memorizing and to make it easy for you. Don't forget that He has said: {And We have certainly made the Qur'an easy for remembrance, so is there any who will remember?}[al-Qamar; 17]

So, everyone whos signed up for it, get ready to memorize!
    The Launch

Do not argue with your Lord on behalf of your soul, rather argue with your soul on behalf of your Lord.” - Dhul-Nun

"It is the very pursuit of happiness that thwarts happiness." - Victor Frankl

2. Report bad ads?
    Beardo's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Weirdo + Beard = Beardo
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: The Launch

format_quote Originally Posted by Maalik View Post

Each group has it's own Ameer or Ameerah. Feel free to pester them as much as you want
    Speak for yourself hun.

And Mabrook to all those who signed up. May Allah Ta'ala make it easy for us ALL.

Cabdullahi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ he's my teacher im so excited

Beardo's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Weirdo + Beard = Beardo
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ So what should we do during class sessions? :X I was thinking some on-line racing game. I love racing games.

Students should respect their teachers by giving them reputation points DAILY, right?.

But on the serious note, I hope Insha'Allah we are all successful in this noble endeavor. May Allah Ta'ala accept this small effort from us.

If you guys have any questions, or if the brothers need some extra tutoring, I'm your man.

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

racing games sounds nice brother but first getting the hifdh done second games then third thinking about new features for the slender frames

and about the last hidden bit....i agree gotta keep the brotherhood strong thwarting the threat of the crockery washing enemy

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Last edited by Cabdullahi; 10-01-2009 at 12:26 AM.

*Behna*'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Muraad View Post

Alhamdullilah, after much planning and waiting we are finally launching this initiative on Thursday, Oct 1st insha'Allaah.

Each group has it's own Ameer or Ameerah. Feel free to pester them as much as you want They'll be keeping up with their groups, posting lessons and keeping this project going.

Also please remember this is a commitment that you're making to get closer to the Book of Allaah, we'll try our best to make help you out but at the end of the day the only person that can make a difference is you. Make sure to work hard and take the time out to memorize.

Don't forget to purify your intentions because without it, actions are useless. Alhamdulilaah!!

And lastly, make lots of dua' asking Allaah to help you stay committed and work hard at memorizing and to make it easy for you. Don't forget that He has said: {And We have certainly made the Qur'an easy for remembrance, so is there any who will remember?}
    [al-Qamar; 17]

So, everyone whos signed up for it, get ready to memorize!

Wow SubhanAllaah! brothers and Sisters where is this commitment??

The Launch

Our Allaah!!
    Give us the good of this world and the good of the hereafter!
    Aameen!

OurIslamic's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Mashallah, this is quite good

Abdul Qadir's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Brothers and sisters, is it better for me to learn the arab language first before attempting the quran or otherwise? i feel that learning the arabic language first is better...please advice me...and im 24 years old...is it possible for me to become a hafidh? i have memorized certain surahs through the quran but i wanna master spoken, written arabic first before starting to memorize...please advice me? jazakumullahu khair...
    Last edited by Abdul Qadir; 11-18-2009 at 07:34 AM.

12. Report bad ads?
    Rabi'ya's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Revert4Life
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

brother

I am 25 and I cannot read Arabic 100%. I am now attepting hifdh. It took me about 3 months to get to grips with the basics of the alphabet. Can you read Arabic? or you want to understand it? I have been doing hifdh when I can but life is busy so I have made the intention and will do as much as I can when I can. Of course, at 24 hifdh is possible. Didnt you see that link about the 82 year old woman who became a hafidha mashallah

It is more important to learn to read the Quraan and memorise with translation if it helps. I memorise the Arabic then I learn the translation(altho not by heart) so that i get a general understanding of what i have learnt.
    The Launch

rose4 1 - The Launch

muslimbhai's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya View Post
    brother

I am 25 and I cannot read Arabic 100%. I am now attepting hifdh. It took me about 3 months to get to grips with the basics of the alphabet. Can you read Arabic? or you want to understand it? I have been doing hifdh when I can but life is busy so I have made the intention and will do as much as I can when I can. Of course, at 24 hifdh is possible. Didnt you see that link about the 82 year old woman who became a hafidha mashallah

It is more important to learn to read the Quraan and memorise with translation if it helps. I memorise the Arabic then I learn the translation(altho not by heart) so that i get a general understanding of what i have learnt.
    Thanks sis...that was inspirational..i do know how to read and write arabic but i can't understand most words..thats y my plan is to master the written/spoken arabic language until im 27, then i will start memorising the Quran..i feel thats the write way...what do you think? isn't that better?

brightness_1
    Revert4Life
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Imho it's a matter of personal choice. if you feel better that way then it's up to you.

However, my way of thinking is this.......Although I cannot read or write Arabic very well. and I certainly cannot understand it very well it would take me a good whie to learn the basics. Quraan has a meaning which can even be understood when you do not know the language. IT speaks to you as you recite and memorise. In fact, as I have been memorising more and more I have come to learn certain points about Arabic grammar and have learnt many lexical item too I guess I might know around about 100 Arabic words now alhamdulillah. This is all from reading and reciting and memorising Quraan.

There are many benefits of reading Quraan, such as health benefits and it also increases your memory, not forgetting the benefits of the hereafter. We always have death hanging over us at any point and I feel that Quraan itself is more important than learning spoken Arabic, besides this is quite different from classical Arabic. Having said that every little helps

This is why I chose to memorise the Quraan, whilst reading the translation to give a general understanding. reading tafseer can also help.

This is only my opinion and you are most certianly entitled to yours. I can definitely see why you might choose to learn Arabic first.
    The Launch

rose4 1 - The Launch

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Imho it's a matter of personal choice. if you feel better that way then it's up to you.

However, my way of thinking is this.......Although I cannot read or write Arabic very well. and I certainly cannot understand it very well it would take me a good whie to learn the basics. Quraan has a meaning which can even be understood when you do not know the language. IT speaks to you as you recite and memorise. In fact, as I have been memorising more and more I have come to learn certain points about Arabic grammar and have learnt many lexical item too I guess I might know around about 100 Arabic words now alhamdulillah. This is all from reading and reciting and memorising Quraan.

There are many benefits of reading Quraan, such as health benefits and it also increases your memory, not forgetting the benefits of the hereafter. We always have death hanging over us at any point and I feel that Quraan itself is more important than learning spoken Arabic, besides this is quite different from classical Arabic. Having said that every little helps

This is why I chose to memorise the Quraan, whilst reading the translation to give a general understanding. reading tafseer can also help.

This is only my opinion and you are most certianly entitled to yours. I can definitely see why you might choose to learn Arabic first.

Okay..are u a convert? If you are, i really like your determination....I am determined too Alhamdulillah... im gona master Arab first...Coz thats important too...I heard Nouman Ali Khan (if you know who that is) and a few others saying that a person who understands arab reading the quran and a person who doesnt reading the quran has a difference..the former has more spiritual experience which can never be compared to the latter....That is the reason for my choice....=)...niwaes, how much have u memorized atm sister?

brightness_1
    Revert4Life
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

bro. congrats on the name change btw. looks much better mashAllah

YesI am a revert. I understand completely what you are saying about the understanding and it is most definitely a very important skill to master. Without the understanding the Quraan is almost useless. I hope to learn Arabic one day inshallah but for now I am content with memorising and learning some set phrases and words. Actually my friend offered to teach me Arabic, she is native speaker of English and Arabic. She has a revert mother and a Libyan father and she has just compelted a degree in Arabic and English.

Inshallah bro, you can do some memorisation as well as learning Arabic, depending on how many other commitments you have in your life. I have far too many and had to make a choice as I am a mother and wife. I also study in uni, I work and I volunteer so as you can see my life is pretty hectic alhamdulillah. Arabic will come in time inshAllah

I have memorised 18 surahs so far alhamduilllah. just need to keep on at it. .

Remember me in ur duaas please
    The Launch

rose4 1 - The Launch

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

bro. congrats on the name change btw. looks much better mashAllah

YesI am a revert. I understand completely what you are saying about the understanding and it is most definitely a very important skill to master. Without the understanding the Quraan is almost useless. I hope to learn Arabic one day inshallah but for now I am content with memorising and learning some set phrases and words. Actually my friend offered to teach me Arabic, she is native speaker of English and Arabic. She has a revert mother and a Libyan father and she has just compelted a degree in Arabic and English.

Inshallah bro, you can do some memorisation as well as learning Arabic, depending on how many other commitments you have in your life. I have far too many and had to make a choice as I am a mother and wife. I also study in uni, I work and I volunteer so as you can see my life is pretty hectic alhamdulillah. Arabic will come in time inshAllah

I have memorised 18 surahs so far alhamduilllah. just need to keep on at it. .

Remember me in ur duaas please
    ok sister, ur very busy...am glad to see such fierce commitment...i dun even know ur name how to keep u in dua..lol...i will just say, May Allah guide us..and bless us...and show us light..Ameen...

brightness_1
    Revert4Life
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

brother

My name is in my sig. lol. anyway I pray Allah blesses us all and permits us to worship Him in a way which brings great reward in this life and the hereafter. ameen
    The Launch

rose4 1 - The Launch

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Ameen...may Allah accept our prayers and deeds...Ameen

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salam Sis,

My father told me its better for me to memorise the Quran first when im young then later on, i could master arabic. he claims that once i have mastered arab later on, the quran will become transparent as a glass..lol...i feel thats the right thing to do..=)...

brightness_1
    Revert4Life
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Qadir View Post
    Salam Sis,

My father told me its better for me to memorise the Quran first when im young then later on, i could master arabic. he claims that once i have mastered arab later on, the quran will become transparent as a glass..lol...i feel thats the right thing to do..=)...

Either way you look at it is going to be to your advantage inshAllah. Perhaps your father has the benefit of wisdom along with his age. but why not learn some small bits of Arabic alongside your Quraan memorisation.

Whatever you decide I pray Allah will guide you and support you in that which is beneficial for you in this life and hte hereafter....ameen
    The Launch

rose4 1 - The Launch

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Either way you look at it is going to be to your advantage inshAllah. Perhaps your father has the benefit of wisdom along with his age. but why not learn some small bits of Arabic alongside your Quraan memorisation.

Whatever you decide I pray Allah will guide you and support you in that which is beneficial for you in this life and hte hereafter....ameen
    jazakullahu khair..ameen...

26. Hide
Hey there! The Launch Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. The Launch