× Register Login What's New! Contact us

View Poll Results: How much do you know in an emergency?

Voters
58. Login to vote on this poll
  • I am ACLS/BCLS certified

9 15.52%
  • I know basic CPR

18 31.03%
  • I think I know but no formal training or certification

12 20.69%
  • I have no clue what to do at all

19 32.76%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 58 visibility 9582

Do you know how to save someone's life?

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

I need to get a feel for how many members on board are familiar with basic emergency procedure to perform when someone has stopped breathing.
    so pls answer the poll questions..

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Do you know how to save someone's life?

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    GuestFellow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Do you know how to save someone's life?

Ah I have no idea what to do. O.O

I was looking at myself talking to myself and I realized this conversation...I was having with myself looking at myself was a conversation with myself that I needed to have with myself.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Insha'Allah after a few more people vote and I get a feel of the knowledge of the members, I'll give a step by step guide if folks here are interested..

If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Do you know how to save someone's life?

chat Quote

Argamemnon's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

No, sad but true.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^^ it isn't a problem, it is very simple and we'll go over it after I have had a few more poll votes..

chat Quote

Snowflake's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I have done a First Aid course. But I need a refresher. May Allah reward you sis. Ameen!

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Jazaki Allah khyran, it is really very simple.. as all that is required of you unless you are certified is three simple steps which make all the difference, as all that is needed is to get blood to the brain.
    CPR even sloppily done has been proven to save someone's life until help gets there..

I am going to post simple videos/instructions here, but in a step wise fashion, the first thing that is absolutely paramount before all else is to call for help.. one will get tired from chest compressions and blowing breath into someone before they realize five minutes have elapsed with no help in sight..

so first is to call the person by name.. Annie annie are you ok, with a simple nudge on the shoulder or hands, if no response, then immediately 911 or whatever the number is for your country.. then you proceed with two breath and 30 compressions.. in children you give two breaths first before calling 911

CPR IN THREE SIMPLE STEPS
    (Please try to attend a CPR training course) wwwislamicboardcom - Do you know how to save someone's life? CLICK HERE FOR A VIDEO DEMONSTRATION
    1. CALL Check the victim for unresponsiveness. If there is no response, Call 911 and return to the victim. In most locations the emergency dispatcher can assist you with CPR instructions.
    quick1 - Do you know how to save someone's life? 2. BLOW Tilt the head back and listen for breathing. If not breathing normally, pinch nose and cover the mouth with yours and blow until you see the chest rise. Give 2 breaths. Each breath should take 1 second.
    blowani - Do you know how to save someone's life? 3. PUMP
    If the victim is still not breathing normally, coughing or moving, begin chest compressions. Push down on the chest 11/2 to 2 inches 30 times right between the nipples. Pump at the rate of 100/minute, faster than once per second.

handposition - Do you know how to save someone's life?
    pumpani - Do you know how to save someone's life?
    CONTINUE WITH 2 BREATHS AND 30 PUMPS UNTIL HELP ARRIVES
    NOTE: This ratio is the same for one-person & two-person CPR. In two-person CPR the person pumping the chest stops while the other gives mouth-to-mouth breathing.

CPR for children is similar CPR for adults. The compression to ventilation ratio is 30:2. There are, however, 3 differences.
    blowani child - Do you know how to save someone's life? 1) If you are alone with the child give two minutes of CPR before calling 911 pumpani child - Do you know how to save someone's life? 2) Use the heel of one or two hands for chest compression 3) Press the sternum approximately one-third the depth of the chest

RETURN TO MAIN MENU

infant2 - Do you know how to save someone's life? 2. Open The Airway Open the airway using a head tilt lifting of chin. Do not tilt the head too far back
    infant3 - Do you know how to save someone's life? 3. Give 2 Gentle Breaths If the baby is NOT breathing give 2 small gentle breaths. Cover the baby's mouth and nose with your mouth. Each breath should be 1 second long. You should see the baby's chest rise with each breath.
    infant5 - Do you know how to save someone's life? 4. Give 30 Compressions Give 30 gentle chest compressions at the rate of 100 per minute. Use two or three fingers in the center of the chest just below the nipples. Press down approximately one-third the depth of the chest.
    5. Repeat Repeat with 2 breath and 30 compressions. After two minutes of repeated cycles call 911 and continue giving breaths and compressions.

this site is very helpful.. so learn it inside out it takes five minutes to master it and can make all the difference, as a person loses ten percent function in 1 minute so in ten minutes someone will be dead unless you act correctly.. help generally arrives within that interval so until it gets there, that is what you can do

http://depts.washington.edu/learncpr/index.html
    | Likes Insaanah liked this post

chat Quote

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I'm certified in first-aid & cpr, very gud idea sis! Reminders are always gud for the believers

''LIVE for the sake of ALLAH, LOVE for the sake of ALLAH, FIGHT for the sake of ALLAH, & DIE for the sake of ALLAH''
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    it's all about LOVE!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I selected the 3rd option, I know you will give the details at the end but would be nice if you can grade it! :

1) You will check the Pulse on the left arm to ascertain if they have a Pulse...but they probably shouldn't as they are not breathing (right?)!

2. If they have stopped breathing you would first press on their stomach in case something is stuck in their diaphragm Or to remove waste in their lungs so you can give him/her the breath of life.

3. When you are breathing into them you will hold their nose and grip his chin in order to ascertain air is going into him/her.

repeat 2-3 until the individual breaths or accept that his/her time has come.

Ward the Pirate - Muslim Warrior of the Sea
    "Go tell the King of England, go tell him this from me,
    If he reign king of all the land, I will reign king at sea."

The Great Dive
    Shaikh Abdul Hakim Murad aka Dr Tim Winters
    Bs53AicCAAACVpFsmall - Do you know how to save someone's life?
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Z.AL-Rashid View Post

I selected the 3rd option, I know you will give the details at the end but would be nice if you can grade it! :

1) You will check the Pulse on the left arm to ascertain if they have a Pulse...but they probably shouldn't as they are not breathing (right?)!

2. If they have stopped breathing you would first press on their stomach in case something is stuck in their diaphragm Or to remove waste in their lungs so you can give him/her the breath of life.

3. When you are breathing into them you will hold their nose and grip his chin in order to ascertain air is going into him/her.

repeat 2-3 until the individual breaths or accept that his/her time has come.

the new guidelines are really simplified so you don't bother with any of those things, you'll see if something is lodged in someone if you give two breaths and their chest doesn't rise, it is NOT recommended that you remove something from anyone's throat as you might actually further lodge it down, if they are actively chocking or you are a witness to the event then you must perform the Heimlich maneuver, which you can refer to in the sight above.. otherwise you just simply follow the three step wise process without complicating it at all..
    1- check for response, if none then call 911
    2- tilt the head up open the airway and listen for breath
    3- close the nose and open the mouth give two breaths and thirty compressions continuously until help arrives.. pause every two mins to see if the person comes to, if they do then title them to the side, if they don't then keep at it..

4- if you are a witness to a cardiac arrest and you ARE TRAINED then you can make a fist and strike the patient only once between the nipple line, if nothing happens then you continue CPR as before..

chat Quote

brightness_1
    it's all about LOVE!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye View Post

the new guidelines are really simplified so you don't bother with any of those things, you'll see if something is lodged in someone if you give two breaths and their chest doesn't rise, it is NOT recommended that you remove something from anyone's throat as you might actually further lodge it down, if they are actively chocking or you are a witness to the event then you must perform the Heimlich maneuver, which you can refer to in the sight above.. otherwise you just simply follow the three step wise process without complicating it at all..
    1- check for response, if none then call 911
    2- tilt the head up open the airway and listen for breath
    3- close the nose and open the mouth give two breaths and thirty compressions continuously until help arrives.. pause every two mins to see if the person comes to, if they do then title them to the side, if they don't then keep at it..

4- if you are a witness to a cardiac arrest and you ARE TRAINED then you can make a fist and strike the patient only once between the nipple line, if nothing happens then you continue CPR as before..

Jazak Allah, It guess it is simple once you put it like that but performing it under pressure is another thing altogether. Have you experienced this?

Ward the Pirate - Muslim Warrior of the Sea
    "Go tell the King of England, go tell him this from me,
    If he reign king of all the land, I will reign king at sea."

The Great Dive
    Shaikh Abdul Hakim Murad aka Dr Tim Winters
    Bs53AicCAAACVpFsmall - Do you know how to save someone's life?
    chat Quote

Muhaba's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    فصبرٌ جميلٌ
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Great thread!

I have a book on first aid but haven't studied it much.

i think you have to make sure the clothes are loose & check his/her throat to make sure nothing is stuck in it? not sure about this. I guess i should study it as this is very important.
    chat Quote

GuestFellow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

That was quite useful. Thanks for posting.

I was looking at myself talking to myself and I realized this conversation...I was having with myself looking at myself was a conversation with myself that I needed to have with myself.
    chat Quote

Mr.President's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

any way whats ACLS/BCLS ? honestly I don't know !!!
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Z.AL-Rashid View Post
    Jazak Allah, It guess it is simple once you put it like that but performing it under pressure is another thing altogether. Have you experienced this?

in the hospital yes, but we have equipments and usually work with defibrillators and drugs, but that is a whole other animal and assessment.. it is what we call ACLS.. and there is a huge logarithm for it, depending on the problem for instance if the person passed out due to a type of arrhythmia for instance, you treat asystole, differently from V-fib, which differs from torsades de pointes and all is of course dependent on whether the patient is stable vs unstable.. I really don't want to get into that here.. since you'll need an EKG to diagnose those instantly, and no person has those sort of equipments just lying around.. hence what you do in the first few minutes, though they may seem eternal is very important..

Baraka Allah feek

chat Quote

glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Working for the health service and being directly involved with people in the community, I do basic CPR as part of my annual compulsory training schedule.

Peace
    glocandle ani 1 - Do you know how to save someone's life?

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

Come, let us worship and bow down •
    and kneel before the Lord our Maker

[Psalm 95]

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Mr.President View Post
    any way whats ACLS/BCLS ? honestly I don't know !!!
    ACLS is Advanced Cardiac Life Support which is an extension of Basic Cardiac Life Support.. It involves pharmacology as I have gone over briefly in the previous page!

chat Quote

glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Skye, at my last CPR training one of the community nurses told how she had recently come across a man who required CPR. She told us how she looked at the face of this stranger and felt repulsed at the thought of putting her mouth to his - she said that she was surprised to find herself feeling like that, because she hadn't expected it ...
    Luckily a mask was available, and it was no problem.

It left us talking as a group about how to deal with such a situation if there is no mask or nothing similar to a mask available.
    The trainer said that many people would be hesitant to give mouth-to-mouth to another adult, and that such a feeling is not uncommon.

She also said that if mouth-to-mouth was not an option (for whatever reason), then just doing compressions was still better than nothing, because through the compressions alone at least some air gets sucked into the lungs and then circulated.

What is your opinion on this?

Peace
    glocandle ani 1 - Do you know how to save someone's life?

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

Come, let us worship and bow down •
    and kneel before the Lord our Maker

[Psalm 95]

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by muhaba View Post
    Great thread!

I have a book on first aid but haven't studied it much.

i think you have to make sure the clothes are loose & check his/her throat to make sure nothing is stuck in it? not sure about this. I guess i should study it as this is very important.
    well yeah, I mean you definitely need to work on their chest so you have to open their top completely!

format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow View Post
    That was quite useful. Thanks for posting.

Baraka Allah feek, insha'Allah it is of help

chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Skye, at my last CPR training one of the community nurses told how she had recently come across a man who required CPR. She told us how she looked at the face of this stranger and felt repulsed at the thought of putting her mouth to his - she said that she was surprised to find herself feeling like that, because she hadn't expected it ...
    Luckily a mask was available, and it was no problem.

It left us talking as a group about how to deal with such a situation if there is no mask or nothing similar to a mask available.
    The trainer said that many people would be hesitant to give mouth-to-mouth to another adult, and that such a feeling is not uncommon.

She also said that if mouth-to-mouth was not an option (for whatever reason), then just doing compressions was still better than nothing, because through the compressions alone at least some air gets sucked into the lungs and then circulated.

What is your opinion on this?
    yes compressions are better than nothing at all, and that is why calling for help is essential.. the most important thing is to get blood to the brain because brain death occurs rapidly every minute lost spells functions lost.. people think that CPR is about getting the heart pumping, it is really not, it is about getting oxygenated blood to the brain, but usually if it is a family member then I am sure you wouldn't mind giving mouth to mouth.. it is wise to carry a mask around, they are discreet and fit into anyone's purse or bag..

all the best

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Do you know how to save someone's life? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Do you know how to save someone's life?