× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 8 of 8 visibility 2079

Thoughts regarding Social Networking Sites? (Facebook, Myspace, Digg, Twitter, etc)

OurIslamic's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thoughts regarding Social Networking Sites? (Facebook, Myspace, Digg, Twitter, etc)

Report bad ads?

What do you think about these sites? And what is the Islamic perspective?

2. Report bad ads?
    S_87's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Maryams Mommy
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Thoughts regarding Social Networking Sites? (Facebook, Myspace, Digg, Twitter, et

i think like the rest of the net it depends how you use it. im on facebook, i have my profile as private and have only family and female friends. if anyone told me its a fitna site, id say what am i doing on there thats fitna?

Our Lord! Verily, we have heard the call of one calling to Faith: 'Believe in your Lord,' and we have believed.
    Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and expiate from us our evil deeds, and make us die (in the state of righteousness) along with Al-Abrar

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Tu kaun hai paiiii?
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Thoughts regarding Social Networking Sites? (Facebook, Myspace, Digg, Twitter, et

We had this bit of discussion in the fb thread...so same response.

*Without Allah, without Islam, life would be meaningless. If I've ever learned patience, it's because of this. Alhamdulillah...*

tango92's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

its a fitna for many brothers, especially ones in school/uni. because girls these days are posting very immodest pictures of themselves on the site.

even if you dont add any girls as freinds the recent activity page often shows these pictures as your other freinds comment on them etc.

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    LI News Service
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The thread the sister mentioned above is here: http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...-facebook.html

"I spent thirty years learning manners, and I spent twenty years learning knowledge."

~ 'Abdullāh bin al-Mubārak (rahimahullah)

cat eyes's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

its good if you like chasing and stalknig celebrities

ae8iug 1 - Thoughts regarding Social Networking Sites? (Facebook, Myspace, Digg, Twitter, etc)

wwwislamicboardcom - Thoughts regarding Social Networking Sites? (Facebook, Myspace, Digg, Twitter, etc)

Al Ansari's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I personally stay away from all those sites. I guess it depends on the person. It is very easy to hack, even if you place your profile on private. However, many people like it.

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Uthmān View Post
    The thread the sister mentioned above is here: http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...-facebook.html
    Jazakallah khair.

Please continue in that thread with anything you may have to add.

"...You are my Walî in this world and in the Hereafter. Cause me to die as a Muslim, and join me with the righteous." [Surah Yusuf 101]

11. Hide
Hey there! Thoughts regarding Social Networking Sites? (Facebook, Myspace, Digg, Twitter, etc) Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Thoughts regarding Social Networking Sites? (Facebook, Myspace, Digg, Twitter, etc)