star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Cool Picture Making

Report bad ads?

I know that picture making is haram but does this mean drawings?
    And if so wouldn't it be permissable do draw without full facial details (i.e. Nose, Mouth, Ears)?
    Does this also refer to taking pictures with the camera?

I've also been thinking, did the people at the prohpet (SAW)'s use to make pictures or puppets?
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Picture Making

Picture making includes drawing, painting, and what not.

Ruling on drawing animate beings .

It seems that images which do not have complete features, which do not have a nose or eyes, are not included under the heading of haraam images, and the ones who make them are not included in this warning, because they cannot truly be said to be images, and these images do not imply imitating the creation of Allaah.

For more visit: http://islamqa.com/en/ref/72915

Some scholars say photography is ok while others says its not allowed, except in special circumstances. It would be wise to go safe side and not take photos with the camera as printing that film produces hard copy pictures.

Ruling on photographs.

Now if you had digitial camera than that would be ok so long as you keep it on pc and not print it out.

Taking pictures of student activities with a video camera and digital camera.
    chat Quote

Muslimah4Eva x's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Asalamalikum wrwb,

1678. Ibn `Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) said: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Those who draw pictures will be punished on the Day of Resurrection; and it will be said to them: `Breathe soul into what you have created.'''
    [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

1679. `Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her) said: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) visited me after returning from a journey, and I had a shelf with a thin cloth curtain hanging over it and on which there were portraits. When he saw it, the colour of his face changed (because of anger) and he said, "O `Aishah! the most grievous torment from Allah on the Day of Resurrection will be for those who imitate (Allah) in the act of His creation.'' `Aishah said: We tore it into pieces and made a cushion or two cushions out of that.
    [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

1681. Ibn `Abbas (May Allah be pleased with them) said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying, "Whosoever makes a picture, will be punished on the Day of Resurrection, and will be asked to infuse soul therein, which he will not be able to do.''
    [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

1682. Ibn Mas`ud (May Allah be pleased with him) said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying, "Those who will receive the most severe punishment from Allah on the Day of Resurrection will be painters (of living objects).''
    [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

1683. Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "The Almighty Allah said: `Who is more an oppressor than him who goes to create like My creation? Let him make an ant or a grain of corn or a grain of barley.'''
    [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

1684. Abu Talhah (May Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "The angels do not enter a house in which there is a dog or a portrait.''
    [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

1685. Ibn `Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) said: Jibril (Gabriel) promised to visit the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) but delayed and this grieved him very much. When he came out of his house, Jibril met him. The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) asked him about the reason of delay, and he replied: "We do not enter a house in which there is a dog or a portrait.''
    [Al-Bukhari].

1686. `Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her) said: Jibril (Gabriel) (PBUH) made a promise with the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) to come at a definite hour; that hour came but he did not visit him. There was a staff in the hand of the Messenger of Allah (PBUH). He threw it from his hand and said, "Never does Allah back out of His Promise, nor do His messengers.'' Then he noticed a puppy under his bed and said, "O `Aishah, when did this dog enter?'' She said: "By Allah, I don't know.'' He then commanded that it should be turned out. No sooner than had they expelled it, Jibril came and the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said to him, "You promised to visit me. I waited for you but you did not come.'' Whereupon he said: "The dog kept me from coming. We do not enter a house in which there is a dog or a picture.''
    [Muslim].

Walaykum salam wrwb
    Picture Making

єvєrчσnє ís gσíng tσ tαstє dєαth,
    αnd wє shαll mαkє α tríαl σf чσu wíth єvíl αnd wíth gσσd.
    αnd tσ us чσu wíll вє rєturnєd..
    αl-αnвíчα.35.
    chat Quote

Misz_Muslimah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    ☆⌒ღ SuBHaNALlaH ღ⌒☆
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ Jazaakalahu khayran for sharing sis
    Picture Making

There is a blessing in trials...
    ...they are a means of purifying you, so you can go to the most purest place:

Jannah

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Hashim123's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Jazakallahu Khairan :thankyou:
    chat Quote

Muslimah4Eva x's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Waiyaaki sister Misz and Waiyaaka brother Hashim
    Picture Making

єvєrчσnє ís gσíng tσ tαstє dєαth,
    αnd wє shαll mαkє α tríαl σf чσu wíth єvíl αnd wíth gσσd.
    αnd tσ us чσu wíll вє rєturnєd..
    αl-αnвíчα.35.
    chat Quote

tigerkhan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

asalamalikum
    i dont have much knowledge, but i am in strong blv(its my personal assessment ) we should not see/keep/make pictures or videos, even i dont know whether i am right or not, i think islamic lectures must not be a with videos.....
    JZK
    wasalm
    chat Quote

mohammadfarhan's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah4Eva x View Post
    Asalamalikum wrwb,

1678. Ibn `Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) said: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Those who draw pictures will be punished on the Day of Resurrection; and it will be said to them: `Breathe soul into what you have created.'''
    [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

1679. `Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her) said: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) visited me after returning from a journey, and I had a shelf with a thin cloth curtain hanging over it and on which there were portraits. When he saw it, the colour of his face changed (because of anger) and he said, "O `Aishah! the most grievous torment from Allah on the Day of Resurrection will be for those who imitate (Allah) in the act of His creation.'' `Aishah said: We tore it into pieces and made a cushion or two cushions out of that.
    [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

1681. Ibn `Abbas (May Allah be pleased with them) said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying, "Whosoever makes a picture, will be punished on the Day of Resurrection, and will be asked to infuse soul therein, which he will not be able to do.''
    [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

1682. Ibn Mas`ud (May Allah be pleased with him) said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying, "Those who will receive the most severe punishment from Allah on the Day of Resurrection will be painters (of living objects).''
    [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

1683. Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "The Almighty Allah said: `Who is more an oppressor than him who goes to create like My creation? Let him make an ant or a grain of corn or a grain of barley.'''
    [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

1684. Abu Talhah (May Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "The angels do not enter a house in which there is a dog or a portrait.''
    [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

1685. Ibn `Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) said: Jibril (Gabriel) promised to visit the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) but delayed and this grieved him very much. When he came out of his house, Jibril met him. The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) asked him about the reason of delay, and he replied: "We do not enter a house in which there is a dog or a portrait.''
    [Al-Bukhari].

1686. `Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her) said: Jibril (Gabriel) (PBUH) made a promise with the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) to come at a definite hour; that hour came but he did not visit him. There was a staff in the hand of the Messenger of Allah (PBUH). He threw it from his hand and said, "Never does Allah back out of His Promise, nor do His messengers.'' Then he noticed a puppy under his bed and said, "O `Aishah, when did this dog enter?'' She said: "By Allah, I don't know.'' He then commanded that it should be turned out. No sooner than had they expelled it, Jibril came and the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said to him, "You promised to visit me. I waited for you but you did not come.'' Whereupon he said: "The dog kept me from coming. We do not enter a house in which there is a dog or a picture.''
    [Muslim].

Walaykum salam wrwb
    Jazkallah for these hadiths.
    chat Quote

إحسان's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thank you so much Muslimah4evax for posting those hadiths. I'm a bit worried actually.

I go to secondary school (11-16yrs) in London. And I study art, and I have previously drawn people/portraits of myself ect. I had heard when I was young that to draw people its haraam and if you do you should draw a cross through faint/noticable doesn't matter, but I was skeptical about it and I never really looked into it. Now that I know for sure, I want to stop. But I study the **** subject, art. ): And I have two exams which are 10 hours each, then that is all. But I'll get sins for drawing, even though I'm forced to right? I'm obviously not picking art for college (16-18yrs) that's for sure. I actually don't know I picked the subject. :S
    chat Quote

12. Hide
Hey there! Picture Making Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Picture Making