× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 8 of 8 visibility 2295

GPS Navigation Systems

Güven's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

GPS Navigation Systems

Report bad ads?

Since I get lost quite often, I thought it was about time to buy me a navigation.

Anyone knows a good navigation system for the car, that you would recommend me?

Im thinking of buying a Tomtom (Start Europe) but I don't know. I don't want to give out too much. ( €100-130 would be good price range).
    GPS Navigation Systems

And as for the one who fears standing in front of His Lord and restrains the soul from impure evil desires and lusts, verily, Paradise will be his abode [79:40-41]
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    CosmicPathos's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anathema
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: GPS Navigation Systems

why dont you buy Nokia 5230. You get free Ovi Maps with voice navigation, large display for a measly 70 pounds. And did you know that you can use it as a phone?
    GPS Navigation Systems

Help me to escape from this existence
    I yearn for an answer... can you help me?
    I'm drowning in a sea of abused visions and shattered dreams
    In somnolent illusion... I'm paralyzed
    chat Quote

Dagless's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Getting a Wimpy...
    in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

TomTom is the market leader so I think you'll be happy with your purchase.
    I used to have a TomTom and preferred using it over my phone.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Anathema
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless View Post
    TomTom is the market leader so I think you'll be happy with your purchase.
    I used to have a TomTom and preferred using it over my phone.
    well, you pay higher price for that.
    GPS Navigation Systems

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Getting a Wimpy...
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist View Post
    why dont you buy Nokia 5230. You get free Ovi Maps with voice navigation, large display for a measly 70 pounds.
    well, you pay higher price for that.
    How? TomTom is £80-100. Where can you get the 5230 for £70?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Anathema
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless View Post
    How? TomTom is £80-100. Where can you get the 5230 for £70?
    what sort of maps you get with TomTom? Plus TomTom does not give you free IQ routes.

From the site:

Tell me ANY Sat-nav device that has features such as IQ Routes (oh and for the record, I own a TomTom Go 920, a Go 740 Live that was sent free as a beta trial, and a Go 940 Live which is the best device TomTom make, even better than the new Go 950 Live as that does not have MP3 player etc, so I know ALL about TomTom, as a regular Beta Tester for them).

No other device has anything like IQ Routes yet, that uses actual historic data, to accurately estimate journey times. Not even top of the range, £300+ Garmins, NavMans as they were, etc, even have this just yet to the same level.

So that was just utterly DENSE, trying to throw that in as a negative... But on that very point anyway, the "Maps Improvement" option in Ovi Maps options - have a guess one of the things THAT includes/means - yes, Nokia, who own Navteq, amongst other things, being able to start recording this route timing data, in the very way TT started a few year back to get ahead of the game, so that in future even Ovi Maps CAN have this kind of routing!

Very weak GPS...? Hmm, the N97 is well known for this... but the 5800 has no issue, and with it's PHONE ability, allows for network based positioning too, to improve quick fix times, compared to none-connected proper PND sat-navs. So don't know where you get that from.

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/news/...net_a.php#comm
    GPS Navigation Systems

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Getting a Wimpy...
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

what sort of maps you get with TomTom? Plus TomTom does not give you free IQ routes.

From the site:

Tell me ANY Sat-nav device that has features such as IQ Routes (oh and for the record, I own a TomTom Go 920, a Go 740 Live that was sent free as a beta trial, and a Go 940 Live which is the best device TomTom make, even better than the new Go 950 Live as that does not have MP3 player etc, so I know ALL about TomTom, as a regular Beta Tester for them).

No other device has anything like IQ Routes yet, that uses actual historic data, to accurately estimate journey times. Not even top of the range, £300+ Garmins, NavMans as they were, etc, even have this just yet to the same level.

So that was just utterly DENSE, trying to throw that in as a negative... But on that very point anyway, the "Maps Improvement" option in Ovi Maps options - have a guess one of the things THAT includes/means - yes, Nokia, who own Navteq, amongst other things, being able to start recording this route timing data, in the very way TT started a few year back to get ahead of the game, so that in future even Ovi Maps CAN have this kind of routing!

Very weak GPS...? Hmm, the N97 is well known for this... but the 5800 has no issue, and with it's PHONE ability, allows for network based positioning too, to improve quick fix times, compared to none-connected proper PND sat-navs. So don't know where you get that from.

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/news/...net_a.php#comm
    Thank you for the info on pretty much everything but the question I asked.
    For the record the TomTom price range I quoted does indeed include iq routes (in the £100 model range).

I think the OP should go into a shop and check them all out. Usually they are set up for you to mess about on.
    Last edited by Dagless; 03-27-2010 at 09:11 PM.
    chat Quote

aadil77's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Don't ever use phone navigation its crap and takes years just to get a signal, you have to end up paying to use gprs to maintain a signal, just get a tomtom try gettin the new one which helps with lanes
    GPS Navigation Systems

33 43 1 - GPS Navigation Systems
    He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
    www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com
    chat Quote

11. Hide
Hey there! GPS Navigation Systems Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. GPS Navigation Systems