× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 53 visibility 7260

Is Facebook making our deen or spoiling it?

Duhaa786M's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

According to me it is really spoiling our deen . What the hell is there in it?What I notice in that website is .... Photos= I think you can understand what do i mean.How most photos are there in that website.1000 times astagfirullah.I entered in this website and saw some profiles in which they have the following communities...(called stores)
    Life without music and in the same store they have Namaz-only way to go jannah
    How can these two come together? how can music will come (if however namaz is not there)
    If only you open the community so called Namaz-only way to go jannah and saw comments of people and 'what kind' of pictures they have its a total disgrace.if you open those person profile what do u see?Do u see what they ask to thier lord almighty?
    so what is your opinion on facebook?
    Waiting for a serious replies.

Prayer is a free outgoing call to GOD, no network or battery problem, always good signal & all messages sent. Make prayer always and remember me in your prayer
    If things r happening according to ur wish, u are lucky! But if they r not, u r very lucky, Bcoz they are hapning according to God’s wish!
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Is Facebook making our deen or spoiling it?

chat Quote

cat eyes's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

how many threads we had about face book is countless lol yeah i practically judge everybody who uses face book. guys only go on there to look at non mehram picts of women and to chat them up and the sisters use it for the same purpose

ae8iug 1 - Is Facebook making our deen or spoiling it?

wwwislamicboardcom - Is Facebook making our deen or spoiling it?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

and you get old women in there thirties chatting up younger men makes me sick

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Life_Is_Short's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Facebook is a new disease.

Deadly for some.
    chat Quote

tango92's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

facebook is just another expression of material society. a new social pressure for some, and others following a percieved increase in social wellbeing.

recently facebook changed the defaault setting on user account photos from private to public, it provoked some outcry but most people dont know about it. they didnt do it so you could identify your freinds easier its to further traffic to the site so men can check out womens photos in the hopes of finding you know what. just further exploitation of women.

really the concept of facebook at its core is good. but much of the business model of today is based on sex appeal. facebook is just pushing the boundaries a bit further.
    Last edited by tango92; 04-15-2010 at 09:18 PM.

time for operation ninja Islam
    chat Quote

Ummu Sufyaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    is in need of dua
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Edit
    Last edited by Ummu Sufyaan; 04-16-2010 at 03:08 AM.

...desperate for husnul-khitaam...

please make dua that Allah grants me a good end (to my life). please make dua that Allah guides me.

chat Quote

tigerkhan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

ASALMALIKUM
    Facebook making our deen.... !!!!!!!!!!!!! How can islam be promoted by exposing ur views/pictures/idea/chating with non Mahrams........
    WaSalam
    chat Quote

glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Do any of you have/had facebook accounts?

Could social networking sites be used to give da'wah or to inform others of Islam?

Peace
    glocandle ani 1 - Is Facebook making our deen or spoiling it?

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

Come, let us worship and bow down •
    and kneel before the Lord our Maker

[Psalm 95]

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    is in need of dua
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ i think what people have trouble with is that its bad outweighs its good so its probably best to stay away from those sites, even for dawah.

besides, you can give dawah in so many other ways.

please make dua that Allah grants me a good end (to my life). please make dua that Allah guides me.

chat Quote

Duhaa786M's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Do any of you have/had facebook accounts? eeerrrm well not me.

Could social networking sites be used to give da'wah or to inform others of Islam?
    it could be used in a way... that will be called 10% of da'wah and 90% of wrong. but i'd rather do it full 100% complete da'wah.
    Last edited by Duhaa786M; 04-16-2010 at 12:27 PM.

Prayer is a free outgoing call to GOD, no network or battery problem, always good signal & all messages sent. Make prayer always and remember me in your prayer
    If things r happening according to ur wish, u are lucky! But if they r not, u r very lucky, Bcoz they are hapning according to God’s wish!
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

there is a place for dawah and that is away from all the haraam stuff where they can get influenced again so whats the point

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

There are thousands of islamic or political applications one can add. There are plenty of muslim groups out there one can join, i know this is all many sisters do on there. They add only females, they are on all these groups, passing the messages around and what not. So there is some room for dawaah and what not. However, with the amount of time being spent there and what not, i think it is wasting of time and being counterproductive. Spending of our youth and time will also be questioned on the J-day. As for the majority, they are not there for dawah or to receive it. they are there to socialize. I learned so much about the "islamic" girls of my community from there facebook to know that they are not marriage material (for me at at least).
    chat Quote

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I have been watching on TV lately that bullying in school has taken a new level now to the extreme where folks harass others on facebook..
    to be honest I am not savvy enough to know how that works.. I thought face book is just about posting your pix and having a circle of friends each with a pic but perhaps I am wrong.. anyhow, recently this compounded with on-school harassment has caused the death of this poor 15 year girl..

5ab7f8 Prince 04022010 - Is Facebook making our deen or spoiling it?
    http://bh.heraldinteractive.com/news...icleid=1244116

and apparently one of the girls who taunted her wrote on her facebook profile some very inappropriate comments regarding the suicide of this girl.

Phoebe Prince, a 15-year-old from South Hadley, Massachusetts, is believed to have committed suicide due to cyber bullying. Friends of Phoebe Prince have reported that the teen, who recently immigrated from Ireland, had been bullied and harassed by classmates. Some of the bullying extended to harassing Phoebe Prince via her Facebook page.
    http://www.nowpublic.com/culture/pho...e-2563997.html

there is absolutely no room for this sort of crap.. why would anyone want a portal of evil like this in their home..

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Is Facebook making our deen or spoiling it?

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Tu kaun hai paiiii?
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes View Post
    how many threads we had about face book is countless lol yeah i practically judge everybody who uses face book. guys only go on there to look at non mehram picts of women and to chat them up and the sisters use it for the same purpose
    So you're saying i use it for that purpose? thanks sis...

And yea i was gunna say, how many threads must we have about FB?

*Without Allah, without Islam, life would be meaningless. If I've ever learned patience, it's because of this. Alhamdulillah...*
    chat Quote

Hidaaya's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I think it's all behind your intentions, and the way you use it. It's sort of impossible to judge everyone who has a facebook account by saying 'Oh look, she/he has a facebook account. She/he must talk to lotsss of guys and girls and whatnot. Astaghfirullah!'

I mean, I have a facebook account and my parents check it occasionally. It should be so so your profile, friends, and everything else won't make your parents unhappy.

and yea, I believe Da'wah is possible through facebook
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    is in need of dua
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ View Post
    I have been watching on TV lately that bullying in school has taken a new level now to the extreme where folks harass others on facebook..
    to be honest I am not savvy enough to know how that works.. I thought face book is just about posting your pix and having a circle of friends each with a pic but perhaps I am wrong.. anyhow, recently this compounded with on-school harassment has caused the death of this poor 15 year girl..

http://bh.heraldinteractive.com/news...icleid=1244116

and apparently one of the girls who taunted her wrote on her facebook profile some very inappropriate comments regarding the suicide of this girl.

http://www.nowpublic.com/culture/pho...e-2563997.html

there is absolutely no room for this sort of crap.. why would anyone want a portal of evil like this in their home..
    there was similar a case like that here...that a person commited suicide due to cyber bullying...

but i dont get, why do people take this stuff so seriously?

chat Quote

EllyDicious's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I don't think we should blame Facebook but people who use it.
    It is made of people who use it.

Everyone has different reasons for using Facebook. Some use it for advertising, some to find old friends and reconnect with them, some use it to find partners etc.
    So, Facebook doesn't have 1 meaning and 1 usage ... but it has many, DEPENDING on your purpose.

format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes View Post
    So I'd say you're totally wrong. You could also use FAcebook to spread the word of God or "advertise" Qur'an.

Just because you've heard that some people look at non-mehram pics [I guess "mehram" means not-appropriate?] or some girls were harassed, bulled and then committed a suicide, and just because there are irresponsible people joining it ... doesn't mean that's the only purpose of Facebook and doesn't mean everyone who joins it is the same.

Because you could be harassed in the same way through e-mails, so are you gonna say 'e-mails should not be used anymore' ?

Everything on the Internet can be dangerous if you are careless and let yourself get carried away by many stupid stuff going on.
    Last edited by EllyDicious; 04-24-2010 at 10:37 AM.
    chat Quote

EllyDicious's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan View Post

but i dont get, why do people take this stuff so seriously?
    I question the same thing.
    I don't feel sorry for those people actually.

I think it's ridiculous how some people reach to the point of committing suicide when they're are cyber-bulled ... as if they don't have life outside that **** Internet.
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I dont know i have a FB account but 1 i never use my real pic on my profile its locked to people i dont know and only family had a few friends i have known since 8th grade are on there... its very limited.

well that and i check it only like every 4 months to be honest i just like it because of the games....

youville rocks... oh and farmville and ok i will admit it i love mafia wars.... (which is not bad like it sounds)
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Is Facebook making our deen or spoiling it? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Is Facebook making our deen or spoiling it?