× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 45 visibility 8144

A good mattress and a bloody decent pillow

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

I think this is purely subjective but would really like people's opinion on what sort of mattresses and pillows they find suitable..

I get horrible migraines which travels down my neck and shoulders..

I have juggled with a few pillows over the years most of them costing me a fortune and I have currently made a pillow out of an old summer down comforter. it still gets lumps in it but is the most comfortable so far, not sure how much longer I can keep it because it becomes ridiculous and un-pillow like with my restless sleep..

I have tried the whole 'memory foam' thing, I don't recommend it to anyone, unless you enjoy sleeping on a rock.. I have tried this cervical traction neck pillow, they are as awful as the memory foam cervical traction pillow 1 - A good mattress and a bloody decent pillow but I'll say this, it is good for studying since it is as stiff as a corpse lol..

I tried the cheap non-feather stuff and I think that is just plain awful, after one wash it was like three separate watermelons in a bag..

I dread going to sleep sometimes.. I don't want to be wasteful but I want to do away with all my pillows and start over.. so go ahead recommend away..

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - A good mattress and a bloody decent pillow

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    shuraimfan4lyf's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: A good mattress and a bloody decent pillow

Make sure you read the ad3iyah for sleep. Here is an article I found on different types of sleepers.
    Getting enough sleep is important, but it can be difficult without the right bedding. If you can determine your sleep style, choosing a pillow will be simple. The following tips should help you find the best pillows for every kind of sleep.
    The Best Pillows:

1. For back sleepers: It's important for a back sleeper to find a pillow that will support the head, neck and shoulder area firmly but also provide softer areas for comfort. A good suggestion for back sleepers is wedge pillows. These pillows help support the natural curve of the spine. For the head, any pillow that has firm ends and a softer middle section will work perfectly.

2. For side sleepers: To avoid neck pain, it's important for side sleepers to provide support between the shoulder and neck area. Contoured, memory foam pillows or gusseted pillows are best for side sleepers. The mid section of contoured pillows allows your head to rest naturally. Many side sleepers also choose to use body pillows as well for additional comfort and support.

3. For stomach sleepers: A large, bulky pillow should be avoided if you sleep on your stomach. Thinner, supportive pillows will keep your neck and head from rising up too high. Pillows with tapered sides are an excellent option for stomach sleepers. Consider a medium firmness level for the greatest comfort level.

4.For pain relief: Many people suffer from existing neck, shoulder and head pain. Therapeutic pillows can help heal and comfort these areas while you sleep. Memory foam, gel and chambered down pillows are often used for therapy.

5.To relieve snoring: There are special pillows to help elevate the head in order to combat snoring. If a pillow raises your chin away from your chest, it will dramatically reduce your snoring.

6.For allergy sufferers: Consider gel, synthetic microfiber or memory foam pillows if you're prone to allergies. These pillows have pockets that allow air to travel through the pillow -- defending against the collection of dust and particles. The most popular hypoallergenic materials are polyester or down alternative. You can also purchase special pillowcases that help keep out unwanted dust mites.

http://www.overstock.com/guides/best...-kind-of-sleep

Then how can you avoid the punishment, if you disbelieve, on a Day that will make the children grey-headed?
    Sura Al-Muzzammil 73:17

"Cant forget my mothers love and mercy...her love was a tonic for me..." -Sheikh Saud As-Shuraim

LI Oldskool
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

well the first three were awful from my personal experience.. I am yet to try this gel one
    Memory Foam Gel Pillow 1 - A good mattress and a bloody decent pillow

but just from the look of it, I know it will be no better than the rest..

I think I'll try a Hungarian goose but a light fill.. anyone has an experience with those and is a migraine or neck pain sufferer?

If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - A good mattress and a bloody decent pillow

chat Quote

Ummu Sufyaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    is in need of dua
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

just sleep on the floor?

...desperate for husnul-khitaam...

please make dua that Allah grants me a good end (to my life). please make dua that Allah guides me.

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan View Post

just sleep on the floor?
    why don't I just sleep standing up in the closet?..... I need something cushhhhhhhy and soft and cradling .. still searchin'

chat Quote

aadil77's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

why not put on some weight and make yourself 'cushhhhhhhy and soft' lol, this way you can sleep anywhere

or do some excersises to strengthen your back and sides

33 43 1 - A good mattress and a bloody decent pillow
    He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
    www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com
    chat Quote

Mohamed_Sadiq's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Peace
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Get ur self a sleeping pill,

Just kidding, why don't you excerice a lot during the day and then you feel very tired, that you can sleep for hundred years and you won't notice the pillows. I reccomend strict excerice, make sure ur legs are killing you when u excerice that you can't stand up any more.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Tempur pedic is really soft, its quite expensive though.

Then how can you avoid the punishment, if you disbelieve, on a Day that will make the children grey-headed?

"Cant forget my mothers love and mercy...her love was a tonic for me..." -Sheikh Saud As-Shuraim

LI Oldskool
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^^ you have that? I am thinking of switching to pillowtop mattress and just a soft almost flat pillow.. I know everyone keeps saying hard is best, especially for painful backs etc. but from my experience they really exacerbate my symptoms .. I wake up with neck pain and headaches almost every day.. anyhow I have sent for new pillows insha'Allah they'll be nice.. I'll be donating my old ones so as to free my conscious from being wasteful with expensive items.. just not sure who'd want them..

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

No I dont, but I heard that its one of the best.

LI Oldskool
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by shuraimfan4lyf View Post
    No I dont, but I heard that its one of the best.
    Believe me it is all marketing.. if I knew then what I know now I'd have been saved a fortune ...

chat Quote

Rabi Mansur's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

This probably isn't what you are looking for, but when I lived in Japan, I slept on a futon and the pillows were more like this at times.

http://http://www.amazon.com/Organic.../dp/B0006HVVFK

I slept pretty good in those days. Here in the USA I have a lot of neck problems and wake up in the morning with a stiff neck all the time. I haven't found a good pillow but have wondered if I ought to go back to the Japanese way of sleeping.

Hope you find some relief.

“All day I think about it, then at night I say it. Where did I come from, and what am I supposed to be doing? I have no idea. My soul is from elsewhere, I'm sure of that, and I intend to end up there.”

Rumi
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by rabimansur View Post

This probably isn't what you are looking for, but when I lived in Japan, I slept on a futon and the pillows were more like this at times.

http://http://www.amazon.com/Organic.../dp/B0006HVVFK

I slept pretty good in those days. Here in the USA I have a lot of neck problems and wake up in the morning with a stiff neck all the time. I haven't found a good pillow but have wondered if I ought to go back to the Japanese way of sleeping.

Hope you find some relief.

Jazaka Allah khyran akhi, and wish you relief as well, for some reason the link won't open.. I am very curious to know how the Japanese sleep..

in my mind I always thought they slept on a board like this
    tatamibedmain 1 - A good mattress and a bloody decent pillow

but you know what they show on TV and what is are probably at odds..

chat Quote

Rabi Mansur's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Jazaka Allah khyran akhi, and wish you relief as well, for some reason the link won't open.. I am very curious to know how the Japanese sleep..

in my mind I always thought they slept on a board like this
    Most of the places I lived, people slept on the floor. The floor was a tatami mat. We would roll out a futon on the mat and it was kind of hard but not as hard as actually sleeping on a floor like in the USA. Tatami mats were firm but not rock hard like a floor.

With the padding from a futon on top of the mat, it was still firm but not too firm. The pillow I was trying to give you a link to was what they called an organic buckwheat pillow. I slept on a few like that over there and I did pretty good, but I don't know if that is the answer. It seems that a lot of it is just the way we are put together.

The biggest problem for my neck over there wasn't sleep, it was the doorways. I'm pretty tall and I always had to bend over to get through the doorways and also a lot of the ceilings were low.

“All day I think about it, then at night I say it. Where did I come from, and what am I supposed to be doing? I have no idea. My soul is from elsewhere, I'm sure of that, and I intend to end up there.”

Rumi
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Cabdullahi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Brothers and sisters...I have the solution!.....there isnt a better place to sleep on than your grandmothers upper arm its the best pillow in the world everything else is hype
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Buying the most expensive one isn't always the right solution. I bought a bed over $2500 that was state of the art and top of the line item. After month or two it was so bad for me that i couldn't sleep all night and when i'd wake up i would be hurting all over so bad as if being thrown over the cliff and i could hardly make it out of bed and walk 10 feet. Rather than paying thousands for those memory foam beds, i bought a 10 in memory foam from walmart for $250-300 and i've never slept better since than.

The best pillow that i have found most comfortable and I have are these ones
    Foam pillow - http://www.drsnooze.com/catalog/imag...m%20Pillow.jpg
    Hollander cluster pillow
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by rabimansur View Post

Most of the places I lived, people slept on the floor. The floor was a tatami mat. We would roll out a futon on the mat and it was kind of hard but not as hard as actually sleeping on a floor like in the USA. Tatami mats were firm but not rock hard like a floor.

With the padding from a futon on top of the mat, it was still firm but not too firm. The pillow I was trying to give you a link to was what they called an organic buckwheat pillow. I slept on a few like that over there and I did pretty good, but I don't know if that is the answer. It seems that a lot of it is just the way we are put together.

The biggest problem for my neck over there wasn't sleep, it was the doorways. I'm pretty tall and I always had to bend over to get through the doorways and also a lot of the ceilings were low.

Yeah my dad had the same problem when he went to Japan a few years ago, he said everything was so boxed and expensive (I love Japan though) can't help but be jealous of the two of you for having been there..

I heard of buckwheat pillow.. I might give it a try insha'Allah.. but I have already sent out for two soft 'cured' Hungarian down ...

format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii View Post
    Brothers and sisters...I have the solution!.....there isnt a better place to sleep on than your grandmothers upper arm its the best pillow in the world everything else is hype
    I have no grandparents.. may Allah swt accept them in his paradise ...
    format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama View Post
    Buying the most expensive one isn't always the right solution. I bought a bed over $2500 that was state of the art and top of the line item. After month or two it was so bad for me that i couldn't sleep all night and when i'd wake up i would be hurting all over so bad as if being thrown over the cliff and i could hardly make it out of bed and walk 10 feet. Rather than paying thousands for those memory foam beds, i bought a 10 in memory foam from walmart for $250-300 and i've never slept better since than.

The best pillow that i have found most comfortable and I have are these ones
    Foam pillow - http://www.drsnooze.com/catalog/imag...m%20Pillow.jpg
    Hollander cluster pillow

I agree that the most expensive isn't necessarily the best or the most comfortable.. in fact part of my guilt about getting new stuff is how much I spent on the old stuff searching for the one.. I might just get a mattress topper though per your recommend instead of a new pillow top bed..

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Peace
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I will also reccomened this Somali pillow (you can get it online):
    I have heard that its very comfertable...
    pillow 1 - A good mattress and a bloody decent pillow
    or:
    hb 197920631 1  1 - A good mattress and a bloody decent pillow
    or:
    27617 1  1 - A good mattress and a bloody decent pillow
    Last edited by Mohamed_Sadiq; 05-28-2010 at 11:41 PM.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

hmmmmm. where does the rest of the body go?

chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Peace
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ View Post
    hmmmmm. where does the rest of the body go?

Lool, I hαve no clue seriously, I hαve never used it. But i αm sure my grαndpαrent used to use it. Its α type heαd rest or pillow the Somαlis used to use it. i wαs told its very comfertαble. I cαn't wαit to try it.
    Last edited by Mohamed_Sadiq; 05-28-2010 at 11:48 PM.

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! A good mattress and a bloody decent pillow Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. A good mattress and a bloody decent pillow