× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 13 of 13 visibility 16366

Hijab in front of young boys...

Donia's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Is there a recommended age when hijab should be worn in front of young boys? I am under the impression that women should cover once the boy has reached puberty, but I'm not sure how to come to that conclusion without the obvious characteristics being present (deep voice, facial hair, etc.). If the boy is around 11 or 12, I find it difficult to determine what state of maturity he is in. I guess it's different for every child but I don't want to embarrass anyone by flat out asking them.

JazakAllah for any input

"And hold fast unto Allah, He is your protector, the best to protect and the best to help"

(Quran 22:78)
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    aadil77's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Hijab in front of young boys...

just make it standard to cover infront boys who are 10+

33 43 1 - Hijab in front of young boys...
    He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
    www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com
    chat Quote

Nawal89's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It really depends on the child. I have a student who is ten years old and he couldnt care less about what I wore. but my friend has a student who is only 8 and stares like nobody's business.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77 View Post
    just make it standard to cover infront boys who are 10+
    I was thinking of doing that but the age I had in mind was 12 instead of 10.

"And hold fast unto Allah, He is your protector, the best to protect and the best to help"

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Nawal89 View Post
    It really depends on the child. I have a student who is ten years old and he couldnt care less about what I wore. but my friend has a student who is only 8 and stares like nobody's business.
    Good point. My issue is not knowing what kind of maturity level they are on at their age when I don't know the person (like first time being around them).

JazakAllah.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i suggest if wear hijab until you know the child a bit better, then maybe you can judge from there. I also observe hijab in front of boys who are ten (unless in certain cases like my student) but even in front of him i always have something on my head, though not properly covered just for the sake of modesty.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Donia View Post
    I was thinking of doing that but the age I had in mind was 12 instead of 10.
    I thought 10 would be the earliest any child could change but like the sis said theres even 8 year olds who mature early, so if its not difficult to observe hijab why not just wear it all the time? It will be a good influence for young girls to pick up on

He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
    www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ all the time as in how? Some families like mines have little boys running in and out of the house all the time. But what extent of hijab are you talking about here sis? Just a headscarf on whilst pinching the childs cheeks or full hijab like how you would observe infront of grown men? Lolol so confusing
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Nawal89 View Post
    ^ all the time as in how? Some families like mines have little boys running in and out of the house all the time. But what extent of hijab are you talking about here sis? Just a headscarf on whilst pinching the childs cheeks or full hijab like how you would observe infront of grown men? Lolol so confusing
    all the time when infront of unrelated boys? I dunno, its probably the safest option if you're worried about naughty little boys
    Last edited by aadil77; 06-15-2010 at 08:16 AM.

www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Danah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    protectedpearls.com
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Believe it or not! I know a teacher who was teaching kids (7, 8, 9 years), she was hearing their comments about what she wear and how does she looks like. Kids these days are not the old days kids!! Asteghfirullah

lose clothes that doesn't reveal the body shape (forget about the head cover) are recommended even if the kids are below 10, because the media these days makes kids think like teenagers!!!

As for the age of puberty, it differs from one to another, so its hard to decide.

Visit my website
    ProtectedPearls.com

Your way to find the truth

Follow us on:

YouTube
    Twitter
    Facebook

chat Quote

Snowflake's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

We're told to separate them (children) from our beds when they reach the age of ten as generally that's when they develop a sense of shame. So to me that is cue for when to start observing hijab in front of boys of that age.

But as sis Danah said, it's better to cover the rest of the body appropriately too in front of children from the age of 7 upwards as in the media the body is displayed as a s** object and we don't want to taint their little minds. In Pakistan, women in my family always cover their upper body with their head covering even in front of small children and all my boy cousins have so much shame mashaAllah.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

May Allah reward you all for your responses. Ameen.

10 does seem like a better age to make the "cut-off".

I meant full hijab - loose clothing with the headscarf.

Thank you!

chat Quote

Hamza Asadullah's Avatar Moderator
    brightness_1
    Glory be to Allah!!!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Donia View Post

Is there a recommended age when hijab should be worn in front of young boys? I am under the impression that women should cover once the boy has reached puberty, but I'm not sure how to come to that conclusion without the obvious characteristics being present (deep voice, facial hair, etc.). If the boy is around 11 or 12, I find it difficult to determine what state of maturity he is in. I guess it's different for every child but I don't want to embarrass anyone by flat out asking them.

JazakAllah for any input
    Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, for what purpose do you mean cover in front of young boys. For teaching?

How to get through Hardships & trials in life:

https://www.islamicboard.com/advice-...mp-trials.html

How to overcome Waswas (insinuating whispers of shaythan) in Worship:

https://www.islamicboard.com/advice-...d-worship.html

10 Steps to Increasing Imaan & getting closer to Allah:

https://www.islamicboard.com/manners...d-version.html

https://www.islamicboard.com/manners...ser-allah.html
    chat Quote

17. Hide
Hey there! Hijab in front of young boys... Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Hijab in front of young boys...